[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16
File: ulcerative colitis.jpg (11 KB, 368x231) Image search: [Google]
ulcerative colitis.jpg
11 KB, 368x231
Hello, /fit/
Long story short, I was dumped by my girlfriend a few days ago. She kept saying that my body didn't have any kind of importance, but I can't believe that a cute girl like her would actually enjoy being with a fat fuck like me.
I decided to improve a few aspects of my life to prove that I can offer more than she knew. In order to do that, I decided to loose a shitton of weight.
I'm probably 140+ kg right now, and I was diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis a few years ago. It's similar to Crohn's disease, as it's a malfunction of the digestive truct, provoking almost constant internal bleeding. Also, I can't eat fibers without suffering the consequences.
So with that, I have to loose 60+ kilograms knowing I can't follow regular diets, and I will suffer from anemia most of the time. I'm not afraid of the ammount of work I will have to provide, but I'm afraid of degrading my health further doing so.
Anyone here with the same kind of problem and/or disease? What do you eat? How do you adapt working out and doing cardio? Any tips for really fat people willing to loose weight? Things I should absolutely avoid? (I've read the sticky, but I couldn't find an anwser to thosr questions.)
>>
Bump. I can't believe no one here has intestinal problems.
>>
>>36669191
Crohns disease is truly horrible OP!
>>
File: 1437879339194.jpg (91 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1437879339194.jpg
91 KB, 630x630
>>36669191
OP I feel your pain. I was diagnosed with UC about 2 years ago. I was so fucking miserable and depressed before I got diagnosed. Seriously thought I was dying.
Anyway I was prescribed 2.4 gm of Lialda and it literally changed my life. No more bleeding, I can eat anything I want, drink alcohol, smoke, you name it. Not sure what your DR has you on but I would ask for some Lialda samples asap if you have never tried this drug.
>>
>>36669191
weed weed weed weed weed weed weed
>>
File: lialda-4.jpg (117 KB, 998x767) Image search: [Google]
lialda-4.jpg
117 KB, 998x767
>>36669191
>>36669510
Some pics for reference.
>>
File: dosing_chart.png (126 KB, 580x397) Image search: [Google]
dosing_chart.png
126 KB, 580x397
>>36669191
>>36669510
>>36669560
>>
>>36669191
I knew a guy in highschool that had Crohn's. My dad and my brother have IBS so I kinda knew what it was like for someone with angry intestines. But the guy with Crohn's always looked like he was hiding pain all the time. I felt bad for him.
>>
File: 1458809089999.jpg (50 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458809089999.jpg
50 KB, 576x1024
>>36669510
I was on 2 to 4g Mesalazine (The molecule of your med) a day, and it didn't work.
Tried immunosuppressors too, no dice
Now I'm on Infliximab (Remicade in some countries), but other than taking my energy away and provoking muscle spasms, it does nothing.
But I stopped drinking heavily almost a year ago (That's how I got so fat, I think), maybe I should try Mesalazine again.
Thanks for the info though.
>>
Guy with UC here. Honestly I remember thinking the same thing when I was diagnosed, but the fact of the matter is, all the things you're cutting out of your diet to control your colitis are things you'd be cutting out anyway if you are serious about losing weight. You should be on meds to help control your flare ups, and your diet should take care of the rest. You eat your salmon, chicken, vegetables, etc., and avoid processed food and greasy shit like chips and fast food. There's nothing about a healthy weight loss diet that should upset your colitis as long as you avoid a few key foods. Everyone's flare up triggers are different though. Try and figure out what yours are. If you're concerned about your vitamins because of the shit you can't eat (for instance, I need calcium because I had to stop drinking milk), take a multi vitamin. Shit like that. I'm sure you can talk to your doctor and see a dietician as well, considering that managing your disease revolves around what you eat.

Also make sure you take everything I said at face value and definitely dont talk to your doctor about your concerns. Advice from strangers on the internet is best advice.
>>
>>36669616
You can trust me though. I worked out once.
>>
>>36669551
I've heard of a few cases where it helps. Doctors following me even adviced me to smoke a few cigarettes in the week.
I've tried smoking weed for about a month, like half a joint per day before bed, and I had almost no pain or bleeding for two months.
Recently, I retried that, but there was no progress. I guess it was just a lucky coincidence the first time.
>>
Go see a god damn doctor and get on the right meds to maintain remission.

You shouldn't be constantly bleeding/flaring.

Diet wise calories in v calories out still applies but the calories in may be affected due to impaired absorption etc.

Lift and do cardio as normal.
>>
File: Right in the genetics.gif (2 MB, 250x280) Image search: [Google]
Right in the genetics.gif
2 MB, 250x280
>>36669591
I definitely notice Lialda is less effective when I drink but it still works. Also I could be mistaken but I believe Lialda is an immunosuppressant drug.
I would give it another shot for a week at the 4.8 gram dose and no drinking.
As for your weight affecting your condition I really can't offer you advice there as I have never been fat or overweight.
Also if you have never been to a different doctor to get a second opinion get on that asap.
>>
>>36669616
> Vegetables
I have to avoid eating most vegetables with high fiber counts.

Also make sure you take everything I said at face value and definitely dont talk to your doctor about your concerns. Advice from strangers on the internet is best advice.
Doctors don't actually live with the disease. What I'm looking for here is advice from people who had to/keep working out with an active disease. Mine rarely stops, so I can't just work out during remissions.
>>
>>36669191

> having an IBD
> being 140kg

What a fucking failure, the whole problem with IBDs is keeping a healthy weight on - your body often doesnt digest food, especially not fat in crohns and celiac, or else you get scared to eat because of the pain and restricted diet. The fact that you are so morbidly fat with the disease makes you into a failure from the start.
>>
Really? The remicade does nothing for you? I have crohns and I take it now I feel perfectly fine. My doctors never even told me anything about nutrition.
>>
>>36669711
I have the disease bro, I know you can't eat veggies with high fibre counts. You know that's not all vegetables right?

Anyway, if it's that severe there's a bigger conversation you need to have with your doctor, because you can't be active when you're always bleeding and you have to go to the bathroom every 15 mins. At least I can't :/ I wish I could help you with that, but when I'm in a flare up I can't be active. I can't go to the gym or play soccer, or any of the things I like to do. So my first priority is to make sure I'm functioning normally, then I look at exercise again.

Good luck man. Hopefully someone here has the experience you're looking for.
>>
Yo OP I don't have anything to contribute really; but I hope you get that shit sorted because it sounds awful.

Btw; I lost loads of weight by eating 3 meals a day at 500 - 600 calories each and snacking on apples/oranges/bananas inbetween while counting calories. I know you said fibers a problem so I doubt my advice is very useful.
>>
>>36669819

He's too busy crying over this >>36669802 to consider responding to you
>>
>>36669802
Like I said, I was drinking a lot. No need to remind me I'm a failure, my life does it often enough.

>>36669816
Remicade is a pretty special medication. Lots of patients have side effects that sometimes aren't worth its upside. Did your doctor tell you it could litterally kill you if you have a certain respiratory disease when you get injected?

>>36669819
I kinda learned to live my daily life with a constant flare up, but it's still a fucking pain for common things, like making a 30+ minutes car ride.
Thank you for your support though.
>>
>>36669191
Sorry to hear that OP. Not sure I can offer any advice that help with your specific situation but I hope you get through it. I'd suggest speaking to your doctor and/or a nutritionist to see what foods are best for you then just doing the usual. I'd imagine that eating at a caloric deficit will mean you lose weight the same as anyone else so it would just be a case of staying away from food that irritate your condition.

If anything I'd have though it would make losing weight easier having part of your digestive tract messed up but maybe not. At least it'll mean you're paying attention to your diet anyway. Hope you find the answers bruh. In the meantime just lift, walk every day and eat right. The weight come off eventually. God speed bro.
>>
>>36669191

Just get a colostomy bag.
>>
>>36669956

> this

I did to help with my lifts, i no longer have to leave the gym to go shit and if im squatting i can just open it up and the force of the jet of excrement propels me up for that final rep to the roof. Just wipe down the machines with a towel after like you should be doing anyway.
>>
File: 1453244320379.gif (748 KB, 286x155) Image search: [Google]
1453244320379.gif
748 KB, 286x155
>>36669920
OP I am just curious as to what your diet looks like on a day to day basis? Also as for NOT eating fibrous vegetables I think that is a load of horse shit. Vegetables are so important to any diet.
Have you ever tried a HEALTHY keto diet? AKA lean meat for protein, lots of veggies, and your fat sources are 75% monounsaturated fats like almonds, peanuts, avocados, and olive oil. Don't be a faggot and eat a bunch of ground beef and bacon and cheese.
>>
>>36669920
That's wrong. Don't live like that. Just don't. You don't have to, and if you are, I can GUARANTEE it won't be any worse than if you just got your colon removed. I mean, ok it's a lifestyle change, colostomy bag and such, but if you're in constant pain, losing blood all the time, and unable to leave the house for half an hour without access to a bathroom, and medicating it isn't working, I can hardly describe that as living. How can you work out when youre living like that? What is it about working out that is going to make you happy when you're suffering from something that isn't helped by exercise?? Losing 60kg won't stop the pain or give you your life back. You have other concerns that you need to take care of first!
>>
>>36670014

Breakfast: I have cheerios with milk and nutella
Snacks: Just the dairylee dunkables
Lunch: Usually white toast with nutella or butter and a protein shake
Afternoon Snack: Aero yoghurts to keep calcium up
Dinner: idk maybe calzone but without tomato as it sets me off, sometimes i just have spaghetti hoops

for drink i have tonnes of water and a hot chocolate when i get in in the evening
>>
Damn bro how are you that heavy while having UC? I couldn't keep weight on for shit when I was battling it.

First off, see a fucking Doctor so they can get you on meds to try and control it. Or maybe you'll be unlucky like and nothing will work so they will have to remove your colon, idk.

I battled UC for 3 years. Mine got really bad really fast so trying different diets to prevent flares and prevent shitting like a goose didn't work for me. Lialda worked for a few months then quit. Remicade worked for 8 months then stopped working. Humira worked for like 2 months then quit. So I had my colon removed.

Anywho, go see a doctor and try diets they recommend. Set a calorie limit (like 2000) and don't exceed that. You can exercise as normal. If running or doing something where you run and jump a lot gives you tummy monsters then don't do that.
>>
>>36669985
>tfw have poop bag
>thought for a sec there was another on this board

Fug
>>
>>36670072

How do you lift with a bag? Can't everyone see it and what if you strain and break it, or sit on it - would it just rush backwards and cause sepsis?
>>
I have crohn's disease, I was diagnosed with it 12 years ago. I use to be on 1500mg of pentasa a day. But in high school I changed up my diet and started exercising more and now I don't even have to take medicine for it. I still get the occasional flare up but it's not that bad.
>>
>>36670118

Do you ever shit your pants? Because for me it is literally a good day if i dont shit my trousers twice.
>>
>>36670099
Is it a permanent poop bag or just temporary until they give you an IPAA?
>>
>>36670104
Like anyone else would. Except I can't wear a lifting bet (Not like I ever have anyways)

Yeah there's a bump on my abdomen. I wear some sort of compression top to make it less noticeable.

Not possible to sit on it. They are pretty tough and I haven't ripped one. However I have had the adhesive part attached to my skin start to peel off, but that's usually at about day 4 when it should have been changed out by that point. I've had to apply copious amounts of athletic tape to make it through the rest of my gym sesh before.

Nothing is going to "rush back inside me." About an inch of small intestine is sticking out of my abdomen and it was stitched in place. There's no open wound or anything, and poo isn't going to simply go back into the large intestine.
>>
File: 1441491327114.jpg (80 KB, 720x717) Image search: [Google]
1441491327114.jpg
80 KB, 720x717
>>36670069
Ok wow. You are basically getting NO FIBER. This is not good. All that food is sitting in your colon and pissing off your ulcers. You gotta flush your shit out dude.
You also are not eating any protein which is one reason you are so fat, your diet is just carbs and fats.
My suggestion is to drop the carbs way down, get some meat and vegetables in your diet and stop eating nonsense like nutella and whatever the fuck a darylee dunkable is.
FFS just try a healthy keto diet with lots of vegetables or if you are gonna keep eating carbs at least eat whole grain carb sources and something with fiber.
If I had to guess the fiber may flare things up a bit at first but once your body gets used to actually digesting things and moving them through your intestines you will be fine.
>>
>>36670099

Do they offer poop bags in varying sizes? Like a large one for going on holiday
>>
>>36670159
The option is available to hook my small intestine back up to my rectum, but after 3 years I was sick of shitting a minimum of 6 times a day and risking shitting my pants all the time, so idk how had I want to go back to something like that.
>>
>>36670167

If you get annoyed do you ever dribble it on the back of someone's leg?
>>
>>36670155
I have only shit my pants once, last year I had the flu, and it also happened to cause me to have a flare up. I was stuck on my work truck when it hit me and I couldn't make it to restroom. Had to sit in it the rest of the day. Haven't had any other problems
>>
>>36670197

dude i shit about 6 times a day due to having a tonne of coffee, get the op
>>
>>36670171
Yeah. I was advised that bigger ones weren't necessarily better. They get full and moderately heavy and would kinda be a pain to deal with.
>>
>>36670201
Haven't yet.

>>36670207
Is it really high urgency? Like "I'm gonna shit my pants if I don't find a toilet in 30 seconds"?? Because that's what I dealt with and don't wanna go back to it.
>>
>>36670197
My dr keeps telling me that the surgery is a good option. It's a close to normal as it can get but I'm afraid of the surgery so I'm staying on meds as long as possible
>>
>>36670169

As i said i have a protein shake as i want to make some gains before i embarrass myself by turning up at a gym. Also dairylee dunkers are cream cheese with crackers, so they are protein too.

I can eat more meat definitely but what vegetables do you suggest that wont kill me and my colon? I used to eat bananas for the fibre but the dentist told me to stop that.
>>
>>36670226

What about adult diapers? I know that sounds cringe but i cant imagine having some of my intestine outside of my body.
>>
>>36669191
I have ulcerative colitis and went from obese fat at 320lbs to 170lbs with the disease in me the whole way through.
Diet is not particularly hard unless you've got a real bad case of UC. Just keep a food diary/log which you should do anyway to track your calories/macros and learn to identify problem foods if you ever get a flare up of symptoms.

Fiber doesn't particularly bother me so I'm lucky there, but I still eat a relatively low fiber diet. Not that hard to avoid it, really.
>>
>>36670230
I'd say surgery should almost be a last resort. I was to the point where I was getting sick all the time and every good med stopped working and I was still shitting like 10 times a day, I didn't wanna have to worry about shitting my pants anymore. I guess I didn't really have pain very often so that was good, but the constant shitting was terrible.

So for me, it's kinda given me my life back. Yeah you gotta empty the bag like 6 times a day but at least it isn't extreme urgency.
>>
>>36670256
For example, spinach isn't really high fiber compared to, say, broccoli, so I eat a ton of spinach practically every day. Really easy to mix in with most meals.
>>
>>36670280
>>36670256

Samefag

Status = CAUGHT
>>
>>36670252
I would have put a bullet in my head if I would have decided to start buying adult diapers at 25.

Sure a poop bag is weird and different but it's easier to explain than being an adult male wearing a diaper at 25.
>>
>>36670299

Can you get a catheter fixed up to the bag as well because that would be a pretty big perk, you could literally shit and piss yourself in the middle of a boardroom without anyone knowing.
>>
>>36670271
Supposedly the surgery that lets you shit out of the small intestine makes you shit about 6-8 times a day but avoids that pants shitting feeling. I'm too afraid of having my colon removed to do it until last resort.

Any of your family have UC? Nobody in my family has it so it triggers me every time a nurse tells me it's possibly genetic
>>
>>36670235

Would mucilage-style soluble fiber be less irritating than insoluble roughage? If so, okra, inulin.
>>
>>36670312

UC is highly genetic, all autoimmune disorders are. Doesn't mean you can't be the first.
>>
>>36670314

I literally don't even know what either of those are but ill ask my dad to look out for them if you think they could be easier
>>
>>36670014
Pretty chaotic to be honest.
I either skip breakfast or have a 2-6 breakfast rusks with butter, orange juice, and sometimes a random yoghurt
When at home, I usually have pasta, rice or potatoes with minced beef, chicken breast, or eggs, and an one or two slices of bread.
Outside, I mainly eat shit like sandwiches, or cheap meals you can find anywhere (Hamburger/Kebap and sometimes fries)
On the evening, it heavily depends on what's in the fridge. Sometimes I'm just lazy and go for a prepared meal, and sometimes I go for a lighter thing, like a soup and ham.
I honestly don't eat that much (Most people eating with me are surprised), but my problem was drinks; Throw in the almost-daily whiskey or vodka bottle, add a bottle of soda, and you have your skyrocketting calorie count.

>>36669956
>>36670072
I will only get a colostomy as a very last resort. I've worked in the medical field, and I just know how it can ruin your life. I'm still pretty young, just imagine trying to seduce a girl with a bag of feces on your side.
Plus, I had a pretty active sex life, and those bags tend to fall off pretty easily, so I really don't picture myself having a colostomy bag.
>>
>>36670351

leave this thread
>>
>overweight w/ digestive system issues
>diet consists of nutella

i can't
>>
File: 1439519991308.png (386 KB, 598x594) Image search: [Google]
1439519991308.png
386 KB, 598x594
>>36670235
First of all don't EVER be embarrassed about trying to improve yourself. Get your ass in the gym now, there is no shame in being fat unless you just keep being a lazy piece of shit and not doing anything about it.
>As i said i have a protein shake
This is a SUPPLEMENT not food. You need to EAT your protein, not drink it in a shake.
>I used to eat bananas for the fibre but the dentist told me to stop that.
Your dentist can suck my average sized cock. If you like bananas then eat them! They are one of the best foods for people with digestive issues. Ever heard of the BRAT diet?
As for what vegetables you should eat, broccoli and cauliflower would probably be my top choices followed by spinach and kale. From there eat whatever other vegetables you like. Also eat the vegetables however you want, cooked, raw, upsidedown, whatever. JUST EAT VEGETABLES FFS.
>>
File: 1442275288707.jpg (79 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
1442275288707.jpg
79 KB, 576x720
>>36670376
How much of a faggot do you have to be to hijack my thread, seriously? Posting shit like
>>36670069
>>36670235
>>36670347
pretending to be me is utterly retarded, but I guess it makes you feel good. I'm starting to wonder whose life is more pathetic, yours or mine.
>>
File: 1435241431014.jpg (221 KB, 816x1224) Image search: [Google]
1435241431014.jpg
221 KB, 816x1224
>>36670351
Alright assuming this is OP your diet isn't that terrible. Stop drinking you tard. Just for a week or two and I promise you will feel a ton better. At night when you want a drink go for a walk instead.
>>
>>36670467

Alright m8 don't shit yourself.
>>
File: good shit.jpg (101 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
good shit.jpg
101 KB, 650x434
>>36669191
You could try to get involved in a trial at a specialty clinic for a fecal transplant to fix your gut flora.

>Fecal Transplants for Ulcerative Colitis? - IBD in the News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na9OUjt4lB4&nohtml5=False

>Fecal Bacteriotherapy (Human Probiotic Infusion) for an intestinal super-bug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDcia_uqf3k&nohtml5=False
>>
>>36670504
I stopped drinking alcohol a few months ago. Felt like shit, it was hard, and I'm pretty sure I went through delirium tremens, but I managed to stop. Didn't drink an entire glass of alcohol since.
But now I have this fat to get rid of, and I have to either hit the gym and go on a diet, or just rely on a diet that would last for ages.
Doing "a lot" of cardio, (About two hours a day), burning 600-800 kcal every time, but I'm afraid it still won't be enough to be significant over time.
As for supplements, I take 2 Omega 3 caps and 1 vitamin cocktail cap. I think I don't really need protein shakes, as I'm not really willing to build muscle mass, but rather loose weight.
I'm also afraid of my skin being distended if I manage to loose weight. Is there any way to make sure I won't have a fuckhuge skin pouch flopping on my belly?
>>
>>36670655

Only way is to lose weight slowly. I know it might sound stupid but if you are shitting out all your food too quickly it is probably not properly digested, so you could lose weight perfectly gradually by eating what you shit out, it will have a diminishing amount of calories allowing you to slowly taper your macros.
>>
>>36670648
I'm not sure this is a thing in my country, but if it can help, I'm willing to try to get a shit transplant. I'll ask my doctor.
>>
>>36670691

Are you literally suggesting he eats shit? kek
>>
For losing weight it doesn't matter what you eat only how much. So eat less

Also sorry you were a fat fuck so long that you permanently poisoned your body against vegetables
>>
desu the easiest way to cut is to have a flare up
>>
>>36670925

Didnt you hear him? He has the type of colitis and crohns that causes you to eat more and digest food better. The imaginary type he diagnosed himself with to explain why his shit diet and drinking was causing his stomach to explode
>>
>>36669191
Hey fellow Chrons fag here, I have no idea how you have a weight problem, when I was started to get symptomatic I was a bit pudgey around the edges (don't know exactly what I weighed, maybe about 10&1/2 to 11&1/2 stone), within a year I was fucking skeletor (I was down to about 8 stone maybe less)
Now I'm about 10 stone, but it's more muscle that fat, what makes the difference is diet control (but I don't need to tell you that), I also can't eat alot of fiber. If your determined to lose weight I really suggest going to a personal trainer who has experience with these types of conditions, really they all should know what to do, but someone who actually knows what they're doing is a plus.
Also find a dietitian, make plans, stick to them. Find you "good food", the stuff that you can relibly eat. Avoid the bad food like the plauge, cut that shit right out.
If your worried about paying these people alot of money, do it for a while, learn the lessons and then go at it on your own.

When it comes to me I eat alot of meat and rice, which is good work out fuel, mostly. Don't really take supplements, although sometimes I do take a protein shake every workout day for a week or two straight.
I can't eat alot of fruit, apples, pears, mangos, that kind of shit, don't even remember what they taste like anymore. I have to avoid pasta like you would not believe, I eat a bowl of that shit and I have to stay within running distance of a bathroom for about a week.
I work out like any normie I guess, if I have a flare up, I stop, and don't start the gym again for a few weeks.
I really don't do anything special, but with a condition like chrons it's different for everyone, which I'm sure your aware.
>>
>>36669191

Literally dont understand this. I got diagnosed with crohns after uncontrollably losing weight. Was 95kg and fit then went down to 68kg, all that muscle just vaporized. Im still only 75 because bulking is hard as fuck when you hurt, you dont absorb, you cant have any dairy and vitamin deficiencies are fucking you up.
>>
>>36669191
I have UC, diagnosed 7 years ago. Not sure how much I can help though as I was a skelly before I started lifting. I used to run cross-country before getting diagnosed, which made the conditions worse. Honestly haven't done much cardio since then as I've been trying to put on weight and cardio makes me have to shit. As far as food goes, wheat tends to be tough on me, as well as dairy.
>>
>>36671963

Sure you arent celiac and not crohns?
>>
>>36669591
I've tried Remicade and immunosuppresors, they didn't do much. Sulfasalazine has kept me in remission for several years now.
>>
>>36671983
UC. Dietary triggers are different for eveyone
>>
Uc here. Was on liallida then it stopped working. Switched to remicade but I had a reaction to it. Now I've been on simponi for a little over a year. This stuff is working really well for me but it sucks to be dependent on a medication and not having an immune system. I've considered having the surgery but I wouldn't want to shit 8 times a day and the bag period would suck. Honestly it seemed like no matter what I ate I would have the shits really bad. Go see a doctor if you can treat it while the symptoms are mild, you'll be much better off.
>>
>>36669191
I just realised I haven't done a poo in two days, and yet I don't feel constipated.
>>
>>36671809
> Avoiding pasta
Now that I think about it, I never tried that.
Thanks for your precious advice. I thought about the trainer thing, but the one I know doesn't know anything related to the disease. So I'll try my hand at a dietetician for meals and get a trainer for the rest. Thanks again for the tips.

>>36672003
Noted. Maybe Mesalazine is very close to Sulfasalazine, but giving it a try may work. Thanks.

>>36671963
Didn't do much cardio so far, but I noticed that I usually have no pain or urges doing it. I was mostly sitting on a chair all day, so maybe my body "likes" the change. Exercising maybe is one of the various solutions for this disease, who knows.
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1280x960
>>36670351
You obviously know nothing about them. They don't "fall off easy." You have to yank on the fucker with a good amount of force to get them off.

Is it a turnoff for girls?? It's possible. I wouldn't try any one night stands, but the few girls I've talked to had no issue with it. I ended things with them before we banged because they were all psycho, though.

There's a thing called a "stealth belt" that is a compression belt that covers it up and prevents it from flopping everywhere. My ex kinda made me one out of some compression material and it worked pretty good.

And I'll agree that it's a confidence killer. Everyone Ive talked to said its not a big deal and absolutely wouldnt be a deal breaker if a woman was into you, but I always feel like it's so different that it would have to affect someone.

But if you're in constant pain, shit like a goose, always sick or whatever, it'll give you your life back.

Pic related, for proof.
>haven't started summer cut yet
>>
File: 1437879751549.jpg (227 KB, 1280x1847) Image search: [Google]
1437879751549.jpg
227 KB, 1280x1847
>>36670655
Losing weight is purely diet so just track everything and don't cheat. As for supplements fish oil and a multivitamin is a must and everything else is optional. You could try some drugs like mk677 to speed up your metabolism and this would also help with the flappy skin issue. But honestly your skin might just be fubar at this point and require surgery.
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 1280x960
>>36672408
Fucking iPhone.
>>
Brehs, I have UC. On 4.6g Mesalazine a day, 175mg of Azathioprine and one pen weekly of Humira. Haven't had a flare in the longest time.

But when you want to get in on which many doctors didn't mention to me is LOPERAMIDE brehs. One in the morning before eating and one in the evening before eating works for me. It helps suppress the gastrocolic reflex which makes you want to shit soon after or during eating, plus it reduces urgency and firms up your shit. I wouldn't recommend two loperamide at once as it will stop you shitting for the best part of 10 or 11 hours maybe but then it all comes out pretty bad for me.

Plus PSYLLIUM HUSK TABLETS. This is the good shit nigga. I take one before breakfast and one before dinner. Been doing this about 3 weeks. Reduces urgency and makes it feel awesome to poop again.

Good luck to you all. Always new research and advancements in both drugs and on the cause of this shit. Keep positive.
>>
>>36672408
No offense, dude. I mostly saw old people with that kind of pouch, and theirs fell off pretty easily. I'm no specialist, but maybe the skin around the sticker wasn't prepared right.
I'm glad you can still have a nice life with them though, and by the look of it, you do. Makes me a bit less worried about surgery

>>36672437
I'd rather avoid to take actual drugs. I know it sounds stupid, but I tend to prefer to do things the "traditionnal" way.
I'd still consider taking something to escape skin surgery though. Thanks for the info, I will look it up.

>>36672806
Loperamide (Better known as Imodium where I live) is pretty common around here, but I have to admit I never thought about using some.
Only medication I had that totally suppressed urgency was Tramadol. Shit got me sleepy as fuck, but I felt like I was in a remission period for a few days.
>>
>>36673128
Get on it mate. Don't get Imodium, since you pay way more for brand names. Chemists and supermarkets will have Loperamide for dirt cheap. You should be able to get 4 or 6 for about £1, or even better value if you can find large packets of 24 or something. Plus you can get dissolving ones for if you're out and about.
Never heard of Tramadol, but I've had codeine a long while back when I was on a slight flare with some pain which was unusual for me. Sometimes take co-codamol since I can get hold of that. Helps block you up a little bit, stop discomfort and relieve anxiety. Just don't take too much or for too long.
>>
>>36672385
>Now that I think about it, I never tried that.
Yeah man, this is an on going process still for me. What I do is cycle types of food out of my diet and take note of my health, for e.g. for a month don't eat root vegetables, or for a month don't eat anything with wheat (gluten free garbage) in it. I don't do it strictly, i'm not gonna be the party pooper who doesn't eat a burger because he's not eating bread this month, I don't write anything down or consult anyone I just take a mental note of the things I eat.
>>
File: 1457700080228.gif (2 MB, 388x260) Image search: [Google]
1457700080228.gif
2 MB, 388x260
>>36673515
>I don't write anything down or consult anyone I just take a mental note of the things I eat.
Have you ever considered actually doing that? I know a lot of specialists that would love to get their hands on someone who experiments with their diet and make a list of what's good and what isn't.
I think that there would be several advances in flare-ups prevention if a bunch of people did this in some kind of study.
Your idea rocks. I'll try that. Thank you.
>>
>>36673879
Well, I went to a dietitian once, I waited 2 months to see this lady, she threw a bunch of leaflets at me and said, don't eat what makes you sick, essentially.
That's sort of why I do it on my own. But obviously the option is always there for me to go back. I'm going to see my doctor in the next few weeks I'll bring it up then.
>>
Crohn's disease here, light symptoms luckily, skinnyfag (can't understand how you weight so much too, i was also a heavy drinker). Gone to a dietologist, cause i didn't have a clue about what to eat for fit, now 1 year after plus 10kg while droping some bodyfat too (crohn's helps to that) , only supplement i take is vitamins and fish oil. Feels good. Also try boiled veggies like broccoli, carrot etc. no orange juice for god's sake
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.