[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cardio/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 26
File: splerginmyberg.jpg (96 KB, 606x610) Image search: [Google]
splerginmyberg.jpg
96 KB, 606x610
Everyone get in here, /cardio/ general.
It's good for cutting, health and it feels so goood.

* What type of cardio do you do?

* How well is it working for you?

* What are you goals?
>>
>cardio
>feels good

kek, thanks for joining us tonight anon
>>
When for any reason (e.g. business trip staying in a hotel with no gym) I cannot train in the morning, I still wake up at the same time and rub for about 1 hour. Sometimes I do it during rest days as well, mostly when I want to burn some extra calories and/or when I want to relax and isolate from the world. No specific goal, I may want sooner or later to train for a half marathon but not now, it would mean decreasing the amount of strength training focusing mostly on running and I don't know if I want to do that.
>>
>>36666415
Run, not rub.
>>
I wish I did cardio while I was bulking, now it's just a pain in the ass while cutting.
>>
>>36666423
shame.
>>
>>36666401
I remember starting and it felt terrible, now that neither my legs nor lungs hurt I enjoy it.

>>36666415
It's funny, when I started exercising I barely dragged myself to the gym for curls.

Now I try to balance yoga, running and lifting so I totally get what you are saying.
>>
File: 2016-04-06 08.33.27.png (92 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06 08.33.27.png
92 KB, 750x1334
>>36666467
What do you mean? The sooner you start the better but the less you weigh the easier as well.

Had my first medium distance run of the summer, it's so nice when you can get tanned while burning calories.
>>
File: wallpaper4.jpg (144 KB, 500x889) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper4.jpg
144 KB, 500x889
Running first marathon this summer. Been doing about 2 hours of cardio/day
>>
Im on a cut. Started working out a few months ago so i guess I should be saying im looking to lose weight. Do I even need to lift? If so what's the best workout? Just cardio?
>>
>>36666386
Tough for me to run on my own OP. I signed up for a 5K with my brother and his GF (she's really into running) so that I'd have to train for it. It's on Sunday, and it's going to absolutely suck. But at least then I could say that I did it. Until a month ago, I hadn't run a mile since Sophomore year of HS (22 y/o now).

It's "OK". Mainly now I'm just trying to go every day. Running at least a mile, plus some kinda walking.

Goal is to run a 5K I guess. Really if I could make running a part of my routine that would be awesome. I've been fat all my life, and while I get discouraged trying to lift heavy on my cut, I can obviously still run, so looking to do more cardio as Summer rolls around.
>>
>>36666775
Read the faq...

If your goal is to lose weight you only need to eat less, why burn calories with exercise when you can simply avoid ingesting them to begin with?

If you want to look good lift heavy stuff and put it back down.
>>
>>36666386
I jog 7 miles on the weekend to relax and that's about it
>>
>>36666535
What app is this
>>
File: 1357579093188.png (1 MB, 998x1125) Image search: [Google]
1357579093188.png
1 MB, 998x1125
>>36666481
kekd
>>
>>36666511
>yoga balance lifting
Why the fuck not
>>
I just hit the halfway point on a C25K. My next week is 5/3/5/3/5. Feeling good about it though.

I'm sort of training for a half marathon in October, but that's still pretty far away.
>>
File: skipdinnerwakeupthinner.jpg (218 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
skipdinnerwakeupthinner.jpg
218 KB, 853x1280
>>36666783
That's fucking awesome bro!
Make sure to rest completely during Saturday, and don't worry about your performance on Sunday. Just make sure that you get to that finish line!

You are going to make it my friend, I believe in you!

>>36666807
Runkeeper, imho it's pretty meh but It does most of what I want for free.
>>
>>36666797
>lift heavy stuff and put it back down.

so ill have to lift your mom?

got it
>>
I run 10 miles when I'm bored and feel like listening to podcasts and burning 1000 calories. Took like 6 months to work up to.
>>
Going on a 25 mile bike today. Gonna go for the hilly option to get the quads really growing.
>>
managed to do a 10km on exactly 40 minutes, while I still can do my deadlifts and lift weights at a somewhat above average rate. Neat huh?
>>
>>36666797
But the sticky said to lift and eat less then my tdee
>>
File: cardiofag.jpg (313 KB, 1280x1868) Image search: [Google]
cardiofag.jpg
313 KB, 1280x1868
I got my first-ever injury (in the form of a shin splinter) and I want some of you runners to weigh in on this:

>longtime runner and sprinter
>bought a treadmill for the first time
>socks are the only things on my feet since I'm in the comfort of my home
>run 10 mph for 45 minutes with 0 incline

I read about what causes these, and running on hard surfaces is one of the major ones -- which the treadmill was (and I was shoeless). So it was repeated trauma for 45 minutes. That and I've also read that running on 0 incline on a treadmill is technically a decline, so that isn't good at all.

I felt a pain during the start of the running session but thought it was normal. Everywhere I read, I was supposed to unequivocally stop after getting a splinter but I went at it hard for a long time. This was a day ago; today my pain is at a 7 or 8/10 and both legs only have pain running through the back, virtually the same - no pain in the front.

1. Would any basic running shoe have prevented this? I never used treadmills before, just regular terrains, but running shoes should be fine for both, right?

2. I'm getting a lot of varying recovery times, so I want to ask people who are regular runners in my age group - how long did it take you to recover from one?

3. From what you've read, what's the risk of permanent damage? That's what's scaring me the most.

Any input would be great. Thanks guys if I get it.
>>
>>36667603
This is all just from happened to me when I got shin splints

I got new shoes that absorbed more impact so would prob say running in socks isn't a good idea

It took about three weeks. For that time I did cycling and only did jogging for about 10 mins

Dunno about any permanent damage

Btw I'm 21 and you forgot to put your age
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
Hillsprints 3x a week post lifting.

Just walk to the steepest hill near my house, quick warm up, and then sprint it for 10 reps trying to go all out. Digging deep for the last rep always makes me wish for death but the high afterwards is worth it.
>>
How is the insanity workout for a cut? I plan to do it inbetween days I lift. Never cut before.
>>
>>36667696
I to would like to know this and ask if anyone has a torrent
>>
File: hnng.jpg (246 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
hnng.jpg
246 KB, 1080x1080
>>36667540
What podcasts would you recommend?
I've tried before but I kind of get bored and need to switch back to pumping music.

>>36667571
Beastmode, biking is so much fun. To bad a nig nog stole mine...

>>36667580
Routine for getting to that time? I'm 13 minutes away at my best.
>>
Just got back into running recently after a knee injury so it's back to the starting routine of short intervals and burning lungs.

I look forward to next month when it'll be back to feeling awesome.
>>
>>36667696
it sucks. Why not just do running or swimming. Even sports are better
>>
>>36667592
that is correct
>>
>>36667814
So.. Anyone know a good cutting workout to do? Most of my work out will be cardio so im talking lifting. I know anything works i just do better with a plan
>>
>>36666386
>>36666913
>>36667762

>lo test skellingtons
>cardiofags

kek go lift some weight
>>
>>36666386
jump rope masterrace

bretty gud

stay lean, fast, and increase endurance for boxing
>>
who /asthma/ here?

any tips on how to deal with it except for the usual spray?
got mainly allergic asthma but pretty much always get it when doing cardio.
>>
>>36666386
never done a half marathon before, training for one now. i'm currently at 6km a day, four days a week, and hope to progress to 10-12km a day plus a long run each week by june. feels great to be running again, havent been jogging regularly in years.

something i highly recommend to everyone thinking of doing long distances is to get a decent pair of shoes. my legs and ankles were aching until i realized my shoes were 7 years old and the sole was completely compressed. i snatched a new pair of asics and the soreness went away completely.
>>
>>36667762
Routine? Just keep doing it to your max strain for a long period of time. ALWAYS make sure to rest properly, but on days where you have the choice between exercising outside of a rest day, and watching tv. Always exercise instead.

Also, do it something to near an hour per time. A local hard running club may also help. These are the things that I did at least.

Also, lose all of them bodyfat, each 1% of bodyfat is near 1% of performance.
>>
>>36667663
I was just assuming I'm talking to people in their early to mid twenties.

Three weeks, eh? I can live with that. The day after you were injured, how would you describe your pain out of 10?
>>
>>36667603
I got some running shoes and that cleared up my shin splints problem pretty well.
>>
>go jogging in mornings
>manage to do my usual route pretty much non-stop
>feels goodman
>join gym week later
>can run entire Quick Start routine non-stop
>still feels goodman
>take 2 days off over weekend
>can barely manage 5 minutes
What the shit happened?
>>
>>36666386
is 32 minutes for 5k a good start?
My goal time is 20, I'm wondering what kind of training you'd have to do to reach that level
>>
>>36666386
Running. Racing 5k and 10k, sometimes I just go running for a few hours to clear my mind.

My heart rate has become below average (50-55) according to my fitbit. I feel a lot better when I've done some intensive cardio, perhaps it's all that repressed anger but it works.

I don't really have long term goals, I decide what I'll be doing that day on the spot. It'd be nice to get some better times on 10k (currently 43:45).
>>
>>36666740
Good luck Anon. Why are you running? Just for the lulz or for the satisfaction of being able to say you've run a marathon?
>>
>>36668119
Consistency, run 5k at least 3 times a week with one longer run, about 7-8 or even 10k if you feel like it. You can also do long intervals of 4-5 minutes, then rest for 2 minutes.
>>
>>36668119
this is fine desu, try running in negative splits - slower than average pace for first 2.5k, then faster for last 2.5k - or try and work on your pace and try and hit 4 minutes per k - you'll get there OP, I believe in you!
>>
>>36667603
Get some proper running shoes, they're quite important. I've been running on trail shoes for two years, even when on regular asphalt. The heel is fucking great, some kind of gel is absorbing all of the force. The heel is big, so I can't use them while lifting

They're pretty comfy as well.

>pic related, same type but different colours

Also, running outside is a lot more fun. If the weather is nice, ditch the treadmill.
>>
>>36666386
I do 30 minutes of skipping every morning. I should probably start running too.
>>
I play football(soccer), do judo, insanity, and currently I have to run some sprints on my uni since I study sports and ped
Goal is some overall balance, having respectable endurance, explosiveness and so on
>>
>>36668196
there is a 5k trail by my house a walk/run once or twice a day - though i always forget to time myself. The 7-8k idea isn't something I've done yet though.

Honestly I'm just running to avoid practising a beep test that I really should do
>>
>>36667762
>>36666913
stop posting these titless skeletons you fucking degenerate
>>
>>36668074
>>36668217
Mucho thanks
>>
File: 1406233983743.png (110 KB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1406233983743.png
110 KB, 330x270
>>36666386
>tfw first sub 30 min 5k
>>
File: Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg (48 KB, 330x357) Image search: [Google]
Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg
48 KB, 330x357
>>36668337
feels goood man
>>
>>36667952
Same. I think the only thing for us is to endure it and stay away from thibgs that trigger it.
>>
>>36667603
I didn't do cardio for a long time because my legs hurt so much afterwards.

Then I learned about mid-sole or fore-foot running. Look it up. It will be a bit of a learning curve including some muscle pains (don't push it) but once you get used to it, you will not have to worry about that again.
>>
I'm cutting right now which is better for calorie burning running like 2-3 miles or a certain number of sprints.
>>
>>36666415
>train for a half marathon
if you can run for an hour without collapsing, you can run a half marathon. i ran my first HM after doing 2 - 3 times 10 km per week for about six weeks. just do it without focusing on the time, the distance is not that long
>>
>>36666415
Training for a half isn't too bad. Just get yourself up to a healthy 10K time. After that, a half is mainly about preparation the day before. Maybe a practice half or 2 to get your pacing right. Especially since the goal for your first half is usually just completing it without walking any of it.
>>
>>36666797
There are other benefits to cardio. Increased blood flow, better lung capacity, and increased endurance for example. Not all of your goals should be strictly tied to 1RMs, BF%, and weight.
The faq is there to answer the most common questions about fitness. It is a starting point. It should not be your target.
>>
>>36667603
The price sucks, but go get fitted for decent running shoes at a running shop. Once you've gotten the right fit, you can start ordering your replacements for cheaper online. I had hellish shin splints before I did this. Remember to replace the shoes regularly. If the cushion breaks down, they're no better than barefoot.

Consider seeing a podiatrist and getting some inserts if needed. If you love to run, there is no better investment than good footwear.
>>
what ebooks/podcasts do you guys listen to whilst running?
>>
>>36667952
My roomie is asthmatic. He keeps a rescue inhaler on him during runs. He runs indoors during peak allergy season. Otherwise he just works through it. He says the asthma has gotten less severe as he's build endurance.
>>
What should I do to curb the boredom when running? It's the literal worst part about cardio is that it's so damn boring, I already listen to music with earbuds but 30 minutes of watching grass go by or jogging in place on a treadmill is just so incredibly boring.
>>
>>36669211
Yeah. I had the same problem. It's why I got into podcasts. Finding a running partner can help too. My roomie and I push each other out of pure competitiveness.
>>
>>36669211
you´re not running, you´re jogging. there´s a difference. when i´m running (let´s say, my usual 10 km distance i do two or three times a week) i´m way too concerned about my pace, heartrate and hitting my milestones and finishing the distance in time. i´ve got so many numbers running through my head at any given moment that i wouldn´t even notice music if i had any
>>
I want to run but I'm too poor to buy running shoes.
>>
>>36669211
zombies run for ultimate autismo fun
>>
>>36669211
fuck a treadmill. run outside.
>>
>>36669618
ask your parents / siblings / friends to get you some for bday / xmas / whatever
>>
>>36669618
I don't know your situation, but make sacrifices. If you have to work extra shifts, sell plasma, or just sell some old shit you don't need anymore, do it. Running is awesome and investments in personal growth yield high results.
>>
I prefer running over lifting
I run 7 miles 6 days a week
>>
File: 2016-04-06 16.13.30.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06 16.13.30.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
anyways, i´m off for a run now. should take me between 40 and 45 mins. see ya
>>
>>36667603
I start running long distance a lot last year and got shin splints when I stepped up running more outside on hills. Running up hills is totally fine on your shins, but running down a hill fucking destroys your legs, so try to go slow on that. You're better off running on a treadmill at like a 1.5-2.0 incline at 8mph than just running flat. I've heard that you need to run at .5 at least on a treadmill to simulate the force of air resistance which you aren't experiencing while running in place
>>
>>36667952
I know a whole bunch of division 1 sprinters and runners who are asthmatic. You can overcome asthma by builidng up your endurance. I have asthma too, but it's only allergic asthma that reacts to stuff like pet dander and some pollens. Running while you have allergies usually helps clear up your symptoms temporarily because of the increased circulation anyway, so there's no reason to stop.
>>
>>36669837
Run swift and strong fellow Brooksbro.
>>
File: giphy.gif (470 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
470 KB, 500x269
Skateboarding is the only real cardio. Feels good and has a challenging learning curve.
>>
>>36669982
teenager pls go
>>
File: MRLM-J03907-050614-S15-HERO.png (234 KB, 584x484) Image search: [Google]
MRLM-J03907-050614-S15-HERO.png
234 KB, 584x484
Hey guys, what do you think of the Merrell Trail Glove 3? I'm also considering the Reebok CrossFit Nano 5.0 (don't worry, for running and lifting, not crossfit)
>>
>>36670004

I'm an adult with a full time job. Been skating for 10 years now.
>>
How much cardio should a SS aushwitz skinny fat guy do? My cardiovascular health is pretty shit too and I want to improve it.

20 min sprinting or boxing ok?
>>
>>36670070
As much as you want
>>
>>36670070
do long distance runs for cardiovascular health. just do c25k honestly desu famiglia
>>
>>36670070
Pretty much as much as you want. Loosen up the muscles with 10-20 minutes of cardio before your SS routine. You'll prevent injury. Stretch after lifting.
>>
>>36666797
>>36669050
It also speeds up the weight loss
>>
File: UUdcI3tN.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
UUdcI3tN.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>36669176
>>
I run the feels away
Fair.
No goals, simply ease the sorrow if only just a little.
>>
>>36670192
Ever thought of joining a running group? I pay a fee to do so, but it's usually paid for in giveaways from the local shoe shop. I've met all kinds of awesome people, and they've inspired me to be a better all around person. I was kinda mopey before I started doing it too.
>>
File: calves.png (87 KB, 122x298) Image search: [Google]
calves.png
87 KB, 122x298
Has anyone here experienced any calf growth from running? I figure running 3x a week hits them harder than calf raises do.
>>
>>36670321
my dad is a dyel who only runs. his calves are big as fuck.
yes I know, anecdotal, but calf raises do jack shit for calves imo. hill sprints (weighted) etc are way better
>>
>>36670337
>anecdotal
That's exactly what I wanna hear since there are no pictures of (natural) calf progress anywhere on the internet.
It's just "hurr I got fat and my calves got fatter too!"
>>
>>36670321
Yeah. I have. My gf drools on my calves. Literally. Like, her rubbing, kissing, and licking my calves is just part of our foreplay. I'll be sitting on the couch in my gym shorts, and she just starts messing with my legs.That's when I know she's dtf.
>>
>>36669935
thank you very much. i must been having myself a giggle, as i did that round about five minutes faster than the last time. also, an average heart rate of 170 is pretty much what i´d expect, but a max of 204 at age 30? nah man, maybe my heart rate monitor dun goofed at some point
>>
Can anyone give me a proper running form tutorial? Thanks
>>
>>36670462
How you liking those shoes? I'm running in Dyads and I love them.

Yeah. that seems high as fuck.
>>
>>36670490
http://www.runnersworld.com/run-faster/proper-running-form

There's other articles out there, but this covers the basics.
>>
>>36670490
Pull your elbows back so your feet land below your center of gravity.
>>
>>36670581
i bought them at a triathlon store. i tested about four or five different pairs of shoes on a treadmill with a camera system, so the owner, who had some kind of diploma regarding these things, could compare how the different shoes effected my form. the ghost 7 performed best with me, you could really tell the difference in, lets say, the angle of my ankle and how my feet moved after leaving the ground. they work very well with me. plus, they´re extremely light weight. i don´t have a scale here, but they seem to be lighter than chucks high tops. this also suits me well, since i am rather light and have a very smooth running form. i don´t move up and down so much and i don´t stomp on the ground, so i don´t need thick crash pads. only downside is that i seem to get aches in my Achilles heel when i run exclusively in them, so i have to wear some older, heavier running shoes from time to time to counter that
>>
>>36669982
>skateboarding
>standing on a piece of wood with wheels attached to it and occasionally bending your knees and pushing yourself forward with one leg is "cardio"

Lmao try playing 5 pick up games of basketball in a row and then come back
>>
>>36666807
>>36666913
i use runkeeper, great for keeping track of your progress and beating your previous times.
>>
>>36670237
I wouldn't know where to look for such a group. Do you know where I could search?
>>
How do you guys measure your time while running? Surely you don't hold your phone in your hands?
>>
>>36671010
>>36666913
>>36666807
>runkeeper

Use strava.
>>
>>36671029
a fucking watch
>>
File: 2016-04-06 18.04.17.jpg (219 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06 18.04.17.jpg
219 KB, 720x1280
>>36671029
a fucking watch? heart rate monitor is mine
>>
>>36671054
why does your watch say that it is friday?
>>
>>36671029
i use one of those nike armbands to strap it to my forearm. its supposed to go around your bicep, but the strap isnt long enough. im fine looking like an idiot wearing a massive glowing watch because i run at 4am and no one sees me.
>>
>>36671075
cause i really don´t care to set it to the right time and day. as i said, it´s actually a heart rate monitor designed for running so i only use it for running
>>
>>36671005
You're fucking retarded.

You're constantly pushing yourself. At a decent park you can exhaust yourself from pumping around the bowls or trying to nail a trick over and over. It's constant running to throw down your board. Skateboarding is a fantastic form of cardio.

>throwing a bouncy ball into some hoops.
>Standing in the same spot most of the time, jogging tiny distances across a court.

Did the skateboarders use to make fun of you buddy? It's okay to be angry.
>>
>>36666386
Primarily a cyclist, used to race but I've been too busy this semester. I'm getting more into swimming though so I can one day do an Ironman.
>>
>>36671106
lazy
>>
File: 1434471381190.jpg (32 KB, 552x624) Image search: [Google]
1434471381190.jpg
32 KB, 552x624
>>36671120
>this nigga
I used to skate myself fagtron and skateboarding is nothing compared to running up and down a court as quickly as you can and splashing on niggas from 23 feet so how about you git gud and stop pretending to be an edgy skateboarding 15 year old, Peter Pan.
>>
File: 2016-04-06 18.14.32.jpg (282 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06 18.14.32.jpg
282 KB, 720x1280
>>36671075
>>36671106
okay, i set it right, just for you. heart rate is still high because i´m the brooks fag who just came back from his run, resting is somewhere in the 40s
>>
>>36671176
not him but you are dead wrong mate. You really think constant jumps, running after loose board, pushing etc isnt good cardio?
Havent skated in 5 years but every skater I know can eat whatever the fuck they want and still be a skeleton. (Thats calories being burnt) Also its about a billion times funner/social than running on the spot in the gym. Personally the injuries arent worth it for me
>>
>>36671120
tbf both of yall's "cardio" is high school tier fag shit
>>
9.am - LISS @ 150 BPM avg for 35 minutes

1.30pm - HITT @ 180 BPM avg for 50 minutes

7.pm - 30 minute jog at moderate pace

Is this too hard for someone starting out? Like - will I get injuries or grind myself into a ditch?
>>
>>36671239
if you are a beginner then doing 3 different cardio sessions a day will fuck you up
>>
>>36671239
>180 BPM avg for 50 minutes
for a beginner? way too high. even for a 20y/o
>>
>>36671239
Yes.
>>
>>36671176
Lashing out at people for no reason ESPECIALLY when you're wrong, makes you look like a right cunt, mate. Also stop calling peeople edgy for out of nowhere...thats edgy
>>
File: !!.jpg (156 KB, 1094x733) Image search: [Google]
!!.jpg
156 KB, 1094x733
What's more effective HIIT or LISS? I have to do 2 mile pt tests so typically I mix it up and do:

1 day of 30 to 60 seconds interval sprints
1 day of 1/4 mile 1/2 mile as fast as I can
1 day of 4-5 miles LISS.

The other 3 days I lift weights I ride a stationary bike.

What thinks you of this routine?

Usually 10 days or so before the test I focus more on LISS and do 3-5 mile runs. I find that mentally it makes 2 miles on the pt test seem like a short distance/ cake walk.

Ah also, sometimes I find when I do my intervals I struggle with weights the next days because my legs are fried. What's your routine? How do you remedy that?
Any tips?
>>
File: 13708706404_56d7015aa9_z.jpg (91 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
13708706404_56d7015aa9_z.jpg
91 KB, 640x640
>>36671176
Everyone says they used to skate, buddyboi.

You talk about basketball like it actually matters and like you're actually decent. At the end of the day, I get a better cardio workout from skating than you do from playing your faggy sport that you use as an excuse to bump up on sweaty men, faggot.
>>
>>36671260
Forgot to mention, the two first are on a spinning-bike.

>>36671264
My max BPM is around 200 and I can easily maintain 180bpm for 50 minutes.

Should I cut out the jogging?
>>
>>36667603

>Running on a tredmill without shoes

you retarded or something

"hey, I'm gonna run on this spinning piece of rubber for most of an hour, better not protect my feet at all"
>>
>>36671287
dont do legs after heavy cardio day
>>
>>36671295
i dont have much experience with bike cardio but still, 3 sessions in a day for a beginner is tough.

also rest days are important
>>
>>36671295
well, that´s your 90%. of course it´s possible to do that for 50 mins. my max is 190 and my 90% is 171, i can keep that for 1.5 hours, but i´m running for years. what do you mean with beginner? cause to me that´s someone who hasn´t done any sports before
>>
>>36667603
i got tendinitis in high school in both of my legs and had no idea why until my coach took a look at my running shoes and saw the bottom was compressed flat, so i was basically running around on a flat piece of plastic for months on end. it took months for the pain to go away (pain was all the time, fucking horrible and the doc wouldnt give me anything for it, just told me to take aspirin). i know that people try to tout running barefoot as being natural, but seriously fuck all of that and get a good pair of running shoes, and be prepared to buy a new pair every year or so if you're doing long distances in them.
>>
What is a good running heart rate? My high is usually around 180-185 but recently i've been pushing myself harder and it's gone into the upper 190s at times.
>>
>>36671412
how old are you? that´s a key factor
>>
for all this time I've been jogging instead of running because I thought they meant the same thing
is running the same as sprinting and if so, how do you guys run 10k+?
I can jog 5k in 25min but I can't run for more than a few hundred meters?
non native here so this confused me a lot
>>
>>36671424
is this bait?
>>
>>36671424
for most people jog = run and sprint is its own thing. but some people will say all 3 are something different
>>
>>36670910
Nice. I'd like to get into a shop that was more clinical like that. The guys here are good, but they just watch gait and guess.
>>
>>36671016
There's usually a flyer up at the nearest running shoe shop.
>>
>>36671421
19 male overweight
>>
>>36671029
Runkeeper has audible timekeeping.
>>
>>36671441
it's not. in my language we have either jogging or sprinting
there is no inbetween
so I think what I call jogging is what you call running. And what you call jogging doesn't exist here
very confusing

>>36671451
Alright thank you!
>>
>>36666842
scoobys gay game so strong he even symbolizes a girl from the back to attract dudes
>>
>>36671547
well, look at it like this: your max heart rate is 220 - you age, so 201 for you. what you want to look at is not your highest, but your average heart rate. for a beginner, this should be about 60% or 70% of his max, so let´s say 120 to 140 for you, this depends on your fitness level. a beginner should always start low for the first few weeks, so his body can adapt. hope that helps.

>>36671568
well, let my give you some general ideas:
jogging is something you do in your free time to relax. you should run at a comfortable pace.
running is exhausting and done with a heart rate monitor, a stop watch and a goal, like a 10k or a HM or a marathon for that you practise. sprinting is your max speed for short distances, usually 100m up to 400m

damn, i should put up a trip, brooks bro still here
>>
>>36668103
All mental.
>>
>>36671645
dont be a tripfag
>>
>>36667696
ehhh unless youre into mma dont bother fuckin with that shit
>>
>>36671371
I played football and did speed skating for loads of years before, but that's nearly 8 and 15 years ago.

I'll probably taper up and do 30 minutes of LISS and 40 minutes of HIIT, then add 5 minutes each every second week and add jogging after 1 / 1.5 months.
>>
>>36671645
The cult of Brooks.

I wish they gave out more freebies to my running group though. The group is run by shoe shop,and you pay for training, it's like 50 per 8 week segment. Each one lines up with a race that's the week after. They give an awesome coupon book out that has like 20% off pretty much any piece of gear you'd ever want. Then at every session, tehy do a raffle and give out free shirts, hats and shit from shoe companies. Shoe company reps will show up and set up display tables and giveaways at our gathering point. It's all very cool. But no Brooks. And Brooks is like the only company that seems to fit my wideass feet.
>>
>>36666386
Run
Jacobs ladder
Stair master
>>
>>36671533
Okay t-thanks anon.
>>
>>36666913
Thanks a lot OP. Maybe if this one goes well I'll sign up for more races as motivation, before eventually competing against myself just like weight lifting.
>>
File: InstaScooby_zps8eef5774.jpg (304 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
InstaScooby_zps8eef5774.jpg
304 KB, 820x820
>>36669982
>>36671120
>>36671293
underage b&
>>
File: img.png (9 KB, 694x282) Image search: [Google]
img.png
9 KB, 694x282
Just started training and came back from 6k in 33 mins and want to die

Pic related was from a training run about 2 years ago and could do about 17:40 in a race at that time. feels bad, also 25lbs fatter now
>>
File: 284232.jpg (168 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
284232.jpg
168 KB, 1024x768
>What type of cardio you do?
Floorball and jogging mainly

>How well is it working for you?
Well I can run 3k at Coopers-test so I quess its enough.

>what are your goals?
For me cardio really helps recovery and I fucking love playing floorball with people. Shame that the winter is almost over so I have to switch to soccer for that teamsport feeling.
>>
Same stats as >>36668935 with similar bpm to >>36668169. Currently cutting, so keeping up my cardio as a supplement (and that appetite suppressant) is a bonus. One would think extensive cardiovascular training would be able to help with lengthier strength training sessions but I'm no exercise professional.
>>
question for everyone, i broke my pinky toe and still recovering, what kind of cardio can i do? a stationary bike will do the trick, but do you have any other ideas, considering i can't put a lot of pressure on it ?
>>
>>36672703
Swimming bro, if you have access to a pool. If not that, then using an ERG machine (rowing machine) which relies mostly on back, shoulders, and quads.
>>
Training for a half iron-man. Boy does the mile long swim suck.
>>
File: 1459779023165.jpg (82 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
1459779023165.jpg
82 KB, 700x396
>>36666386
Tips on jump rope and jogging?
>>
File: image.png (197 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197 KB, 1242x2208
Is exercising at peak heart rate bad? (20yrs/170+bpm) There seems to be a lot of conflicting info. The pic is a recent workout. I struggle keeping my heart rate in the cardio zone because I get way too into my music when powerwalking.
>>
>>36674265
Also my resting heartrate is 60-62 if that matters. I'm not obese or hypertensive or anything.
>>
>>36666386
used to box, when i started lifting i would still do jump rope but when i got to 220 (im 6' 230 right now) my ankle couldnt take skipping rope anymore so now I do 10-15 minutes of stairmaster before lifting, and i have a heavy bag day where i do 10 3 minute rounds of work. i count that as cardio
>>
>>36674265
>>36674302
>187 HR from powerwalking
>not obese
you wot m8?
>>
>>36672865

thanks mane.
>>
>>36674367
It's up a giant hill. I don't hit peak downhill or on flat ground, just up that half mile incline.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.