[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone swap barbell rows for powercleans? Im debating about either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Anyone swap barbell rows for powercleans? Im debating about either swapping barbell rows for cleans and adding pull ups, or doing both
>>
>>36665955
Just follow the program
>>
>>36665968
Yeah, but I feel retarted doing barbell rows. I feel like my form is wrong. Also I thought you were supposed to pull from the ground with a barbell row, but the weight that the program gives me doesnt elevate the bar for me to row with good.form.
>>
>>36665985
It's called pendlay rows
>>
File: 1424075681523.png (347 KB, 922x1134) Image search: [Google]
1424075681523.png
347 KB, 922x1134
I swapped barbell rows for t-bar rows, do chinups on A days, dips on B days, and use the rowing machine for 15 mins at the end of every workout.
>>
Why? Might just do SS then. Also SL5x5 intends for you to do Pendlay Rows.
>>
>>36665985
That's because you're still in the first 2 weeks of the program. If you have still trouble lifting the barbell with 20kg on each side you need to seriously work on your flexibility. You should do that anyways. When I started out with SL5x5 I stretched 15 min twice a day, every day.
>>
File: 1447471295780.png (167 KB, 535x468) Image search: [Google]
1447471295780.png
167 KB, 535x468
>>36665955

>wasting time with memelifts lmaonoresults lmaoplateau lmaono1pl8OHPever lmaodeload

>not doing SS

Is this the /notgonnamakeit/ thread?
>>
>when people think they know better than world renowned strength coaches that have devoted their entire life to making people stronger and developed proven programs such as SL

Follow the program you fuck. Do not add or change anything. If you can't do a proper pendlay row than how the hell will you do a proper power clean. If you don't like the program, do another. If you don't like the fact that it doesn't make you look like a bodybuilder, do a fucking broplit.
>>
>>36666344

>>when people think they know better than world renowned strength coaches that have devoted their entire life to making people stronger and developed proven programs such as SL

Except Mehdi isn't any of those things. He is a marketing fag who squatted for two years in his garage, made shitty results, and launched a mobile app while dumbing down SS (and messing with the program, making this shitty bastardized version of it that gives shitty results and puts people on life-long plateaus).

He has

ZERO

Z E R O
E
R
O

Coaching experience.
>>
>>36665955
Did a decent deload on my rows because I realized I was cheating reps with bending my wrists. Pretty much strayed all over on deadlifts from 195 to 135 because my form was so shit. Plus from cheating on rows my grip was shit. I added accessories after two months. I've stalled o. Everything except bench and I am still on baby weights especially for troll or fits standards at a week and two months but I'm not scared to fail. Fuck it, I'm sick of being scrawny and weak.
>>
>>36666501

This, ladies and gentlemen, are the results from memelifts.

I rest my case.
>>
>>36666220
Who does starting strength anymore? that's for fucking bandwagon i don't wanna do my research nigger lifters. 500 lbs added to my total in a year crew checking in.
>>
>>36666541

Anyone who's not a weak faggot.

>500lbs in a year to FIVE FUCKING LIFTS
>implying that's anywhere near good progress

KEKING
>>
>>36666501
How do you even cheat on rows by bending your wrists? What?
>>
>>36666516
True do a million reps of ten pounds to failure forever
>>
>>36666557
to my bench squat and deadlift which started at 205 / 275 / 365 respectively nigger.
>>
Sucks to suck
>>
>>36665955
I do both because they are fun
>>
>>36666558
I want perfect form because that's how I roll
>>
>>36666606

>he started deadlifting 365
>on SL
>the program that literally has you start with the fucking bar

>added 500lbs to a 845lbs total
> ON SL
>a novice program

e-stating at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.

>>36666599

Or maybe just do, you know, a proper program like SS or GSLP.
>>
>>36666699
What is your advise for a rookie of gaining strength is the goal?
>>
>>36666743
S t i c k y
There is little difference between any of the routines in it so just pick one. Everything on this board is a meme besides the fucking sticky so go read it
>>
>>36666743

Read trappy's sticky >>36649353
>>
>>36666699
Holy fuck almost insane. But no I was replying to the guy stating that SL is shit. I did my research and did my own programming until I sought after coaching when I broke the 425 squat.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.