[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you deal with stalling? >tfw have never gone past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 456546456.jpg (100 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
456546456.jpg
100 KB, 500x625
how do you deal with stalling?

>tfw have never gone past 1pl8 bench for reps
>tfw have never gone past 100lbs OHP for reps
>always try again or deload, and then give up and stop lifting for 6 months

i'm at that point where i'm failing on both bench and OHP. how do i get past this? i do eat enough
>>
>give up and stop lifting for 6 months

Have you tried having a penis? Maybe some balls to go with it?
>>
>>36665472
>>always try again or deload, and then give up and stop lifting for 6 months

>i'm at that point where i'm failing on both bench and OHP. how do i get past this? i do eat enough

>>stop lifting for 6 months
>> 6 months
Don't take 6 month breaks you fucking retard. Strength training is programmed so that you grow from the stimulus the gym gives you nervous system. If you take a 6 month break, YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM WILL ADAPT TO NOT LIFTING, If you don't take a break, YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM WILL ADAPT TO LIFTING. Just eat more, get as good at technique as you can, and don't skip your workouts.
>>
she drives a fuggin gtr get out the car bitch that's mine is what i would say if i were near her
>>
I bench every day for the last 2-3 years and thats what it took for me to progress slowly. You gotta find something thatll keep you in the gym b/c the single most important variable to lifting is consistency
>>
More sets, fewer reps (3x10 to 5x5), slower progression.
>>
Try eating
>>
>>36665472
Take steroids... Tren specifically will increase your strength fast as fuck, leading to joint and tendon pain
>>
eat sleep and slam those weights til you can't move anymore wiener boy
>>
traditional deload is a fucking JOKE
WORK HARD = PROGRESS
http://www.schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/deloading-is-a-waste-of-your-time
>>
>>36665742
>implying its hers.
>implying she isnt just on the owners cawk
>>
dbol or winstrol bro. dont be a pussy
>>
>>36666190
fukin sloots the only way im gonna sit in a gtr is to buy one
>>
>>36665472
>drives an automatic
>still manages to stall
>>
How are you deloading? One of the few things LP programs (which I assume you're on) get wrong is deloading. They tell you to remove 10% and work your way back up, as if the cumulative stress of doing 3x5 at that weight would let you break your plateu, without even increasing the volume. It rarely works (in my experience and my others I've read about here on /fit/) because you're not putting on enough stress to promote growth. Changing your rep and set scheme for increased volume during deload (and past deload as well once you've broken your plateu) will be your best option. If everything is in check (sleep, diet, form) and you're still not growing, you can't just sit around and do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

A few ways to increase volume:
* AMRAPs on your last set: this will let you break rep records while deloading so you still progress even though you've reduced the weight. This is an important difference between doing 3x5 all the time. When you deload you're not doing anything special. Not breaking records. Just lifting relatively easy weight without pushing yourself.
* Adding an extra set when you do deload. If you did 3x5, go for 4x5 when you deload and keep this rep scheme until you stall again.
>>
>>36665472
Eat like a pig. Eat snack right before gym. And if you really need it (and your stomach can handle) drink Orange Juice between reps.
>>
>>36665742
>implying that's not just some lucky fuck taking a picture of his three prized possessions
>>
>>36665472
>Automatic GTR

WHY
>>
>>36665472
Are you getting fat?
>>
>>36665472
>do exercise
>stall
>do same exercise 50% 4x10
>>
>>36665472
>question on stalling
>posts car with tits
>thought you meant driving a manual
>double check car
>automatic
>am dissapoint

In all reality, just keep lifting. Lower the weight, increase the reps until you work your way up.
>>
>>36668400
they only come in auto you absolute moron
>>
>>36668568
not thte guy you quoted, but that absolutely blows
>>
>>36666045
That article refers to traditional deload, as deloading every 5th week for recovery purposes. Not deloading when you miss the full setsxreps a few times, which is presumably what OP is on about.
>>
>>36666284
An option is also switching from 5x5 to 5x6, as a form of micro-load roughly equivalent to adding 1.25kg to the bar (or so a friend suggested).
>>
try doing some negatives or some static holds

google the reasons why and techniques on how to do this. these are two techniques that strength coaches use to bust through plateaus a lot.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.