[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright you guys. I have a question for ya. Is it possible for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 22
Alright you guys. I have a question for ya. Is it possible for a never-even-lifted-my-own-body-weight, super scrub manlet of 5'6", 170 lbs to go from pretty much the absolute bottom to being able to have a chance in BUD/s in 7 months?

Serious question. Not even fucking around. I have 7 months to do this, and I want to shoot ISIS fucks.

Also general military fitness I suppose.
>>
>i want to shoot isis

kek you're gonna be a hero n shiet
>>
>>36665408

The psychological aspects of BUDS is far, far more difficult than the physical ones.

You're short, so it will help you. BUDS focuses a shit ton on upper body strength, particularly in comparison to your body size, so short, stout guys do well.

I don't think 7 months is sufficient unless worked out every single day and did everything perfectly. I would suggest you spend a longer time and prepare your mind and body as best as possible. It's hard to get a second shot at BUDS.

Source: Navy brat who knows lots of former and current SEALs.
>>
7 months...
7 months is not enough for any real improvements in fitness, unless you roid like a motherfucker.
you gotta start test and tren and anadrol right now if you want to be an american hero.
>>
>>36665408
>>>/k/
>>
>>36665418
Well, yeah. I actually just want to be a Navy SEAL. I don't really care if I get to shoot anybody or not.

>>36665453
I plan on working out every day, using the days I have leg day for my upper body rest and so on. I seriously want this, regardless if 7 months is long enough.

I am already in DEP for AECF, but if I can get my scores up into SEAL territory, I'm going to tell my recruiter to lemme have a shot.

>>36665470
Here we go...

>>36665481
Really? Because I asked about fitness?
>>
File: 70aca16d.jpg (44 KB, 426x639) Image search: [Google]
70aca16d.jpg
44 KB, 426x639
5'6'' 170 and describing yourself as scrub? sounds like you are skinny fat, with more of a fat side.

Never been to BUDS, but its mostly mental. Very little sleep, always stressed. I would recommend Army, special forces selection in your contract.

Why? Cause if you fail it, you still get to become 11b (infantry)and can get to airborne school prior to selection. You will end up in an airborne unit.

If you go SEAL and fail, you will get assigned a job in accordance with the needs of the Navy, which is gonna be probably mechanic of some useless crap.
>>
>>36665492
/k/ knows more than DYEL fitizens who never touched a PT test
>>
File: 1455256093074.jpg (95 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1455256093074.jpg
95 KB, 500x430
>>36665408
Read the book "Breaking Bud/s" it will give you an insight on what SEAL training is really like.
Also, checkout the website sealswcc.com it will have a pdf physical training guide to help you prepare.
I am in DEP for CTT and thought about SEALS as well.
Make sure its something you really want to do because as one anon said if you go in with the seal contract and fail buds you'll more likeley than not be chipping paint off a side of a ship but you can consider that as extra motivation.
It might also be better to try and cross rate after your first deployment as an AECF to SEALS in the event you can always go back to prior rate in the event of failure.
>>
File: FNX-45-Tactical-618x412.jpg (113 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
FNX-45-Tactical-618x412.jpg
113 KB, 618x412
Focus on cardio and swimming with some weightlifting as you can make great progress in cardio and swimming in 7 months and only minor achievements in strength.

It's all about the mental aspect though my friend.

You have to wake up every day and continue on.

Glhf work had and break yourself every day. You you finish anything without cursing your own life you are not going hard enough.

You can do it if it's what you really want.
>>
>>36665563
pls dont shit up /k/ with more
> i wanna be sf wat do?
threads
>>
>>36665408
whats your asvab faggot?

how many pushups, sit-ups, pull-ups can you do?

how fast can you run 2 miles?
>>
File: 1392938270358.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1392938270358.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
>>36665563
Oh lawd, 2 minutes of pushups, situps, and 2 mile run.... so hard bro, so hard. Oh wait, you have to wait for 5 minutes for a douche to read ho to perform each of those exercises too...yah that part made me fall asleep as much as standing in line waiting for my turn.
>>
>>36665602
Its definitely a mental game, but the mental game will be SOOOOO much easier if he waits another year and actually gets in shape training. 7 months isnt long enough to prepare him for what he will have to go through
>>
>>36665624
The only post you should be paying attention to OP.
>>
>>36665624
ASVAB is 92, can do 30 push ups, 20 situps and 5 pull ups.

Can run 2 miles in like.. 20 something minutes.

Again, I'm fucking fat.
>>
>>36665617
would it really be worse than
>greyperating vs operating
>GREYPERATING IS THE FUTURE
>OPERATER IS THE ONLY WAY
>muh mosin nagant
>>
File: Emi's workout guide.jpg (2 MB, 4268x3100) Image search: [Google]
Emi's workout guide.jpg
2 MB, 4268x3100
>>36665649
good asvab score

everything else, terrible, but not as bad as I thought

I'm gonna dump all my training pics that'll help you max your pt score
>>
File: marine workout 1.jpg (3 MB, 1910x2618) Image search: [Google]
marine workout 1.jpg
3 MB, 1910x2618
>>36665667
1/7
>>
File: marine workout 2.jpg (2 MB, 1948x2567) Image search: [Google]
marine workout 2.jpg
2 MB, 1948x2567
>>36665683
2/7
>>
File: marine workout 3.jpg (3 MB, 2005x2493) Image search: [Google]
marine workout 3.jpg
3 MB, 2005x2493
>>36665699
3/7
>>
File: marine workout 4.jpg (2 MB, 2047x2442) Image search: [Google]
marine workout 4.jpg
2 MB, 2047x2442
>>36665721
4/7
>>
File: marine workout 5.jpg (2 MB, 2379x2102) Image search: [Google]
marine workout 5.jpg
2 MB, 2379x2102
>>36665734
5/7
>>
File: marine workout 6.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
marine workout 6.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>36665776
6/7
>>
File: marine workout 7.jpg (2 MB, 1952x2562) Image search: [Google]
marine workout 7.jpg
2 MB, 1952x2562
>>36665787
7/7

from a marine turned fitness instructor
>>
File: ranger workout schedule.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
ranger workout schedule.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>36665794
an actual rangers workout schedule
>>
>>36665823
Thank you very much! This should be a decent base for me to start at.

And will I seriously not be able to get ready in 7 months? I don't have a job, I can dedicate my everything to fitness.
>>
File: pt-pyramid-workout.jpg (151 KB, 919x1300) Image search: [Google]
pt-pyramid-workout.jpg
151 KB, 919x1300
>>36665823
meme graphic, but pyramid method works

thats pretty much it besides some more meme workouts

with this info, you should be able to make some sweet gains, although I still recommend you wait a whole year and train for this
>>
>>36665408
The question you are overlooking is the mental aspect. If you never took care of yourself, how the hell can you rationally expect to bust your ass for seven months straight? It is fun to pretend, I do it all the time, everyone does, but be honest.

Now, if you want to fight ISIS, go join the Kurds in Northern Iraq. They have the best US equipment, plenty of experience, and will pay you from their oil revenues. It is not hard to get involved in a war zone if you want to be. Plus, you can leave somewhat when you want.
>>
Listen OP I'm in the same boat as you but I worked with a guy and became good friends with a retired Seal who has told me and a few other guys (one of which who is on final phase of bud/s) the things we need to make it through.
First of all you need more time then 7 months. Physically if you can pass marine PT standards you should be fine, just make sure you swim and I mean like a fucking fish. This is just as important as running. People get this idea that all you need to be able to do is run a million miles and you'll be okay but think about what seals go through. That first phase is to weed out pussies, after that you're going to go through dive school, land nav and combat schools.
Second you need to learn how to shoot, I don't mean buy a gun and go a couple times to the range. Shooting will be your life as a seal, you'll shoot so fucking much as a seal. Go online and find a real instructor, no police bull shit someone with real credentials. I'm a big fan of Travis Haley and Chris Costa because they're good guys with a proven track record. Yeah Costa is meme teir but he knows his stuff. Unfortunately they won't be teaching your class but former special ops guys will. Sig Sauer also has an amazing academy. Also you're going to want to buy a sig P226 in 9mm, should be less then a grand but that's gonna be an extensions of your body if you make it through. At the time my friend was a seal that's what they use but I have a recon friend that says recon guys are using glocks but so it could be what they're using but I'm a Sig fanboy so but a sig.
Lastly take some kind of Land Nav course or some shit, I'm sure you can find some survivalist guy who does classes near you or read books about it.
Bud/s is a mind set, it's only temporary, when your in first phase you just have to remember, it's just buds. It sounds cheesy but remember this is just to find out how bad you really want this shit, this is a life style. Good luck friend
>>
>>36665863
dont listen to this guy, the kurds won't let you kill isis
>>
>>36665864
Post was to long but I'm Enlisting as a HM and hopefully get attached to a marine unit not stationed a boat but I really want the medical experience and if buds doesn't work out for me (I pray to god it does though) contractors will pay me lots of money to work for them. Also paramedic and nurse cross overs are easy so I have options. I know a guy in buds who had to wait 2 years as a corpsman to get a spot in buds but I'm willing to wait. Again best of luck friend, maybe we'll meet one day.
>>
Might be a bit hard to understand. It's the training program for people who want to be Norwegian seals:
https://forsvaret.no/ForsvaretDocuments/Trening_Spessold_del1_nivaa3.pdf
>>
>>36665408
This is so pathetic. I guarantee you don't have the metal fortitude to even be an infanteer.
>>
>hurr I become shlomo's pawn to shoot de evil terrurist!!!

It's like you actually believe your own propaganda. You will NOT get in, and even if you DID you wouldn't get deployed. There are hardly any US ground forces fighting ISIS, and the ones who ARE deployed are TRAINED ELITES WHO HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS.
>>
>>36665946
Read the thread I just want to be a SEAL fuckwit.

>>36665927
Guarantee, huh? It's cool you know me.

>>36665923
>https://forsvaret.no/ForsvaretDocuments/Trening_Spessold_del1_nivaa3.pdf
What the ever living fuck...?

>>36665891
HM, huh? Very cool. I know that with any medic going SEAL the schooling is even longer, something like 6 months longer, can't remember. Best of luck, shipmate.

Would you suggest I wait the two years and try then? I have read countless things that it's actually harder once you're in than it is to just get a spec ops contract when enlisting.
>>
>>36665946
> /pol/ pls go

also, the US is deploying SF and SOF to Iraq right now
>>
I knew one guy who went to BUDS back in 1995. He trained hard. He was fit as a fiddle and low body fat. He dropped out because of the "surf torture." From what I was told his low body fat did not retain heat so he got hypo thermia in the the cold water.
>>
>>36665974
So if you enlist first you can try to convince your commander to get you into buds but if he needs you he won't send you. HM for example is in high demand so I'll probably wait for a couple years, like I said HM interests me enough I'll be okay if getting my shot at buds takes a while. The guy I know going through final phase was a beach bum surfer guy but in less then a year he's almost done. Being near the water every day will help though. Also if you have any injuries or get any training be sure to get the take care of. A lot of people quit buds but even more get cut because of injuries, training everyday will help. And seriously take shooting courses. Magpul's pistol dynamics is on YouTube and will teach you how to hold a gun and a few other tips but you need hands on. You can get kicked for not being able to shoot just as easily as not being able to swim. There's a seal who post videos of how to swim on YouTube by the name of Stew Smith. He's got good videos and if you send him messages he will respond. Knowing people is a big thing training for buds, take any info where you can get it. You'll be suprised how helpful retired seals will be, they're usually dicks but that's just how they all are, I've noticed that... Just watch out for people full of shit, it's hard to tell sometimes but don't rule anyone out. The retired seal I'm friends with is a nurse and one runs a jet ski company.
>>
>>36665492
your recruiter is not gonna give you "a shot" if you only stroked well enough for AECF. What a dumbass
>>
>>36665649
you didn't get a 92 and AECF. stop your delusions

also, you're too fat. you don't need the minimum, you need much higher. they'll help you only if you're competitive with your scores
>>
>>36666072
getting a 92 isnt hard

I got a 97 on the ASVAB, although I'm joining the army
> 11b hooah

>>36666072
My CO told me that a competitive score for ranger school is 350 on the extended scale. OP, you will need to easily get over a 350 to be a SEAL.
>>
>>36666072
... Except that's exactly what I got, negroid. There are no delusions to be had. That's the rate I'm going in as. Why would I lie about that?

>>36666072
I'm more than well aware that I can't skirt by with the minimum scores. I need to go above and beyond.

>>36666106
Yes I know, which is why I'm asking if it's possible in 7 months or not.

>>36666059
What are you even talking about...? Stroked well enough?
>>
>>36665408
The problem is that you've lived a totally sedentary life for way too long.
Even if you got a contract, you'd get dropped for repetitive stress injuries in BUD/S because you haven't had the years of toughening up tendons, ligaments and bones that anyone who grew up an athlete has. You'll get fucked up shins, ankles and shoulders and chip paint for the rest of your enlistment, even if you're mentally tough and in shape at the end of 7 months.
>>
File: 1458085107995.jpg (105 KB, 684x474) Image search: [Google]
1458085107995.jpg
105 KB, 684x474
>>36665408
Remember this kids: a great majority of folks get cut from BUDS for things far beyond their control; sprain an ankle, get the sniffles, some knot on your rig slips, and you'll be spending the next four years of your contract chipping paint in the sun and the spray on an LSD. If you're willing to face that as a real possibility, keep in truckin; if not, then find a calmer rate that won't end up in swabbing for eight hours a day
>>
>>36666227
I understand that's a very real consequence.

>>36666144
There's no way to condition my body well enough in 7 months? That's a really long time. But I know less about the human body than most people on /fit/, which is actually saying a lot.
>>
File: pjshit.jpg (35 KB, 334x499) Image search: [Google]
pjshit.jpg
35 KB, 334x499
>>36665492
Seriously just go to /k/ and ignore /fit/.
Oh yeah read this
http://www.jimmy-stare.com/all-in.html
this is the kind of shit you want to be. It may not be SEALs but it still applies.
>>
>>36666412
Wow. That's some deep shit right there.
>>
>>36665408
Just get on steroids already you fucking man let, that's the only way you're gonna make it. Just make sure not to use deca or Sth that's still detectable when you start.
>>
>>36665408
Swim. Swim a lot. Get good at swimming. Make sure to run and work on your strength training.

I went to Naval Special Warfare PT tests about 4 times. I did good on pull ups, push ups, and situps. But when it came to swimming I sucked (11:21 on the 500 yard) and did average-ish on the 1.5 mile run (10:03)

I'm only 19 years old, and I decided to let my passion of being an operator take a backseat for a couple years as I train as a Corpsman and become FMF.

I ship out next month.

Anyone can make it physically, the key is consistency. But you have to be willing to give up everything that makes you comfortable to be apart of a community that thrives of uncomfortability. A community of a certain brotherhood not found anywhere else.

You wanna fuck up some people and have a certain fascination with agony? Great. Be willing to give up what you love if you want to be a warrior.
>>
>>36665408
Anon are you me
>>
File: 20160406_002459.jpg (420 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20160406_002459.jpg
420 KB, 1280x960
>>36665408
Super scrub seal team Dreamer reporting for Duty also Bumping
>>
>>36666817
I think everybody tales away from it something different.We'll just have to wait and see.

But I am going to swim and make Michael Phelps jealous.
>>36666851
So far as I know, no. But I have a dream and a goal.
>>36666864
Is that book any good?

We can make it, guys. Just don't give up.
>>
>I have 7 months to do this, and I want to shoot ISIS fucks.
sending in dumbshits like you is why the US is fairing poorer than other developed nations in counter-insurgency.
>>
>>36665667
>calves stretching
it's funny cuz she's an amputee
>>
>>36665885
If you're white and reasonably attractive they'll throw anything you want at you. This isn't particularly a kurdish problem, it's a strange fascination in the developing/underdeveloped world in general. Folks like white dudes.
>>
US Navy Nuke here, operated on a SSGN, and been around tons of SEALs.

Hardest part of BUD/S is not getting hurt. The physical aspect is hard but doable, the mental aspect is grueling, but honestly, all the super tough/awkward/intense exercises create a lot of injuries.

The hardest, most tough MFer out there won't pass BUD/S if the sand is slippery or has like seaweed under the surface and he tears his ACL.

BUD/S is a crapshoot. You can physical prepare yourself, but it's a gamble once you're there. Train hard and you can do it if whatever higher power you believe in lets you pass without a life-changing injury.
>>
>>36665649
Lol ur fucked cunt
>>
>>36665408

If you're serious, pick up a copy of "Breaking BUD/S"

Whether or not 7 months is possible to physically get to the point of BUD/s depends a lot on your physical aptitude, and dedication. But if you're at all serious, I suggest you read that book first
>>
How to combine swimming, running and weightlifting in weekly schedule?
>>
>>36665470
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>36665408

I'd say 7 months is plenty of time to get into good cardio and stamina strength (100s of push ups a day)

You just have to be realistic with your progress and improve training/ eating if you're not progressing.
>>
>>36667426
rip elbows
>>
>>36667604
That's what they do in BUDS
>>
>>36667610
Confirmed for idiots. They don't care about the long term effects on OP's body, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't care.
>>
>>36667184
bump
>>
>>36667184
Any way you fucking want, faggot

>>36668005
stop bumping
>>
>>36668044
bump
>>
http://www.sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

Follow this, strictly, and you might have a chance.
>>
File: 1456132708237.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456132708237.png
14 KB, 500x500
>>36668200
>>
>>36668347
bump
>>
>>36668345
What is more valuable, swimming or running?
>>
File: 1452799698620.jpg (505 KB, 2304x2304) Image search: [Google]
1452799698620.jpg
505 KB, 2304x2304
>>36668442
>>
>>36668347
>Never fucking reply to me
Or what? You will lie down and cry?
>>
>>36665408
Yeah you can if you don't pussy out.
Cardio is the difficult part, while 50push-ups and situps are ez as fuck to get to if you work on it.
15 hangups however.. that' will probably take more time, but I unno it depends on how much you work on it and how much you weigh, so.
>>
>>36665408
Be prepared to hide broken bones and shit and push through them.
>>
>>36665408

Someone here with similar aspirations.

Little background, I used to work at an MMA gym, military, and have some former and current SOF friends.

My 2 cents is, if your not in the military, go to a camp, or stay at home for those 7 months.

Cut out everything unrelated to selection out of your life. Stay close with family, and get a girlfriend, because they will ask you about family life and such.

Train like a monk, morning till evening, just like Olympians, and the MMA fighters I worked with.

Start each day with a run, than strength, then circuit/crossfit in the evening. Switch it up some days with ruck marches, swimming, topography hiking, etc.

I say use supplements, because you want to be as physically fit as possible going in. You will lose everything regardless, no sleep, no food, hypothermia, etc.
>>
>>36667426
Agreed. 7 months is an eternity for cardiovascular improvements and bodyweight exercises.
>>
Look up Stew Smith's BUD/s warning order
>>
I want to say thank you to everybody in this thread, even the people telling me to give up. Some good stuff here and a lot to think about in the months to come.
>>
>>36665408
Instead of signing up for flag football at the YMCA I want to try out for the NFL first. Think I can do it in 7 months?
>>
>>36672166
Gettin a contract to go straight to BUD/S is the best way to avoid getting shafted by the navy. It is close to impossible to switch over once you are already in.
>>
>>36672166
just do SS+ GOMAD.

Geez the newfags in here
>>
Fighting Fit: Complete SAS Fitness Training Handbook – written by Adrian Weale
>>
>>36665649

7 months imo is not enough time. You're gonna have to learn how to swim and become comfortable in the water as well. I've been training for 9 months so far for Recon in the Marines. I leave for basic in May. You're trying to change your life AND try out for BUDS. Seems like a long shot but if you think its possible, good luck.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.