[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keto Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: scale.jpg (151 KB, 1024x835) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
151 KB, 1024x835
So I've done keto a lot in the past and I recently started up again, but I've been using a sleep aid. I didn't think of it and it was dumb because it's a super sweet medicine, but I just looked it up and it's loaded with carbs.

It has high fructose corn syrup as well as saccharin sodium, both of which are loaded in carbs. So I totally fucked up.

Here's the thing: I just pissed on a ketostick and it turned dark purple. So apparently I'm still in keto. How is that even possible? I probably had 100g+ of carbs from this shit just last night.
>>
/fit/ plz
>>
Keto isn't just low carbs from my understanding. Pretty sure it's that plus high fat? And low calories. May be just talking out of my ass but that's what I thought it was.
>>
>>36664134
>>36664134
high fat. moderate/low protein

Dietary protein will break down into glucose and drop you out of ketosis.
>>
>>36663771
>falling for the low carb meme
>>
>>36663771
Keto, vegan, paleo, etc threads need to be banned. This shit belongs on reddit where you can circlejerk with equally deluded imbeciles.
>>
>>36664229
I've done it before and I was losing 20lbs per month when I was exercising regularly, and that's while eating all the steak, bacon, cheese etc that I wanted

I didn't moderate, at all

>>36664190
>Dietary protein will break down into glucose and drop you out of ketosis.
What's this all about?
>>
>>36663771
you are in keto at 100g, keto isnt a zero carb situation

>>36664229
>>36664333
>legitimately useful eating plans that can help many, if not most people lose weight dont belong on /fit/
>>
>>36664533
>you are in keto at 100g, keto isnt a zero carb

Seriously?
I've always been under the impression that 30+ could knock you out of keto
>>
File: image0121.jpg (20 KB, 599x330) Image search: [Google]
image0121.jpg
20 KB, 599x330
>>36664568
Most idiots will say 50 or lower to be in "full blown ketosis" Whatever the fuck that is. That would put you in the far right in this image, past 3 but below 10. Its like saying I need to eat low calories so I can only eat 500 calories a day.
>>
>>36664658
well son of a bitch, I had no idea. honestly I've always tried to be sub 10g of carbs per day while on it. And it's worked great, but I've never seen that chart before.
>>
>>36664495
Clinical ketosis. Means shit for people who aren't epileptic
>>
>2016
>still doing keto

kek
>>
>>36664568
>>36664658
Clinical ketosis means that your ketones read above. something something. 3?

You could eat 1500 calories of pure sugar, and still have your body undergoing ketosis if you are eating at a deficit.
>>
>>36664676
I probably average 80 a day and have been losing 3 lbs a week for almost three months now. I couldn't function on 10g or less. Some people deal with it better than others. Do what works for you. Just remember there is a ZONE that describes ketosis, not a magic line in the sand.
>>
>>36664725
I've usually been good on sub 10. I eat a ton of steak, salmon, chicken, bacon, cheese, black coffee.

80 a day though, jesus man you're making me wish I'd eaten those baked beans that came with my breakfast yesterday.

>>36664719
>You could eat 1500 calories of pure sugar, and still have your body undergoing ketosis if you are eating at a deficit.

Oh come on no way
>>
>>36664779
If you are losing body fat, it is because your body is undergoing ketosis at some point. Ketosis is simply the process where body fat is turned into ketones.

Now clinical ketosis is where you blood ketone levels stay above.... 3?... It would be impossible, probably, to undergo clinical ketosis with sub a heavy carb load.
>>
>>36664719
This guy is retarded

>>36664779
>I average
I have binge/cheat days, and days closer to 30
>>
>>36664811
you are the retard. ketosis is an oftenly misused term. It is like saying diabetes when you mean type 2, not all diabetes.
>>
Guys you're making me seriously reconsider using this sleep aid some more
>>
>>36664840
many people eating low carb report needing less sleep, and having their sleep feel more productive.

Perhaps you no longer actually need a sleep aid?
>>
>>36664895
nah I'm fucked up and definitely do for the time being

chronic pain which led to a codeine addiction and breaking out of that led to alcohol dependency and breaking out of that combined with the chronic pain makes getting good sleep difficult

oh and I think I have sleep apnea lol
>>
so uhhh

I can take the nyquil then
>>
I have a quick question. I'm running a lot (3-8 miles a day) and eating low calorie. On my runs sometimes I get a tingling at the tip of my tongue that won't go away until the end of the run. Is that a sign of ketosis or what?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.