[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>friend is overweight, asks me to help him >say sure, give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: pls no.jpg (127 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pls no.jpg
127 KB, 1600x1200
>friend is overweight, asks me to help him
>say sure, give him a basic meal plan and tell him to come to the gym with me
>he says he'll think about it

2 weeks later
>friend started drinking that soylent meal replacement thing
>try telling him soya is bad for men
>he doesn't believe me
>send him a few links about soy's negative effects
>he calls me a "demoralising elitist" and that his gf told him he should have it, he's already ordered $300 worth of the stuff
>i tell him i didn't mean anything offensive by it but that he really should check up the stuff i sent him
>he blocks me

w-what do i do?
>>
Let him be fat in peace .

Man one thing g I learned getting fit and losing weight is that people are gonna do what they want even though it's like man I've lost about 30 lbs I think I know what I'm doing and giving solid advice to hell you lose weight people don't care so fuck it I let them be fat miserable and jealous of me
>>
>>36663245
dude i know you're a mobile user but damn would some punctuation help
>>
try to explain why is he making so many mistakes being in a couple.
>>
>>36663208
Maybe he just doesn't believe naturalnews links to "studies"
>>
>>36663208
>w-what do i do?
quit being his friend, he's a lost case, when he gets bitch tits and betus he'll find some bullshit excuse as to why he's suffering those ailments instead of acknowledging his faults, it's fatty logit 101
>>
>>36663208
He's not a friend, tell him to hit u up once his double d's come in
>>
soylent is an excellent meal replacement if you can afford it (its only issue its price)

soylent has nothing to do with soy.

all the estrogen/soy related shit is also an unfounded myh but whatever.

op, you're a retard.
>>
>>36663208
Sounds more like a big baby than a friend. Why even waste time on someone that acts so dramatic over trivial shit?
>>
>>36663245
>Let him be fat in peace .
every time I've tried helping a fat friend he doesn't listen even when he's asking for advice
I just nod my head and agree with whatever diet he tells me about, he doesn't stick to them anyway

his latest diet was low carb
>man I wanna eat something, but I had a soda today so I can't eat much more carbs
>how much carbs can you eat on this diet
>100 grams
>o... ok
>>
>>36663208
his girl seems like a gains goblin and he seems like he isn't serious about fitness. Let him be. Its his life, let him make his own decisions.
>>
>>36665068
This opie. It looks pretty good nutritionally, but how is it for satiety and taste? Even if fat people can afford it, if it's not filling they're not going to stick with it.
I probably wouldn't recommend only consuming soylent either
>>
>he calls me a "demoralising elitist" and that his gf told him he should have it, he's already ordered $300 worth of the stuff
>he's already ordered $300 worth of the stuff

wonder why he got mad
>>
>>36663208
Just looked into soylent, looks good as a casual meal replacement, not excellent as something to replace your entire diet.
I'd add some fibre powder and protein powder as a lifter, maybe some fish oil because you basically can't have too much.
Soy protein is fine OP, don't worry about broscience. Stop being such a demoralising elitist.
>>
The original Soylent has exactly no soy in it. It's named Soylent after the meal replacement in Make Room! Make Room! named "Soylent Green."

Soylent v2 (the bottled version) only has soy PROTEIN, not whole soy. It has absolutely no negative effect.

You are a terrible friend for not doing your research and insulting your friend.
>>
>>36665100
I legitimately don't even bother listening to people until they've spent like 6+ months in the gym non-stop and have already started making progress. I've become so frustrated by spending my fucking time explaining shit and trying to help people only for them to go "HURR I FOUND DIS IN MEN'S FITNESS I'MA TRY IT" or "GAWKER SHOW ME GUD DIET I DO IT" that I really don't give a fuck.

You want to look like me? Train and eat like me. If not, leave me the fuck alone.
>>
File: 1459302108034.jpg (163 KB, 780x718) Image search: [Google]
1459302108034.jpg
163 KB, 780x718
>fat friend wants to get into shape
>get text from friend about boxing classes
>decide to go
>continue for about 2 months
>he doesnt want to go anymore
>his still fat

>housemate and friend want to start lifting
>decide to join the gym they chose
>its been nearly 2 months and they've only gone around 5 times
>every day i ask them if they want to hit the gym
>"cant be fucked lol "crying laughing emoji x3"
>mfw
>>
>>36665068
>Soylent has nothing to do with soy
I thought it was a portmanteau of 'soy' and 'lentils', it's two main ingredients? (Cant Google right now)
>>
>>36663208
> falling for the soy meme
>>
>>36663208
Mail him a bra.
>>
>>36666885
The name is just a reference to the movie.
>>
>>36667022
this desu
>>
>>36666885
No, its two main ingredients are "people" and "more people".
>>
>>36667428
oh u
>>
>>36667022
glorious. Do it.
>>
>>36663208
fuck this fat faggot and move on..
>>
>>36663208
Estrogen increase from soy is tiny. Just let him drink his meals and take him to the gym regardless.
>>
>>36663208
I also know a guy who got fat in college. He keeps complaining and keeps saying he's going to do smthing about it. I gave him the calories in and calories out thingy and basic training advice a few times, but came to the conclusion:

Fat people get fat because they:
- Don't think logically
- Keep lying to themselves

And you that behaviour must be changed first, before they can cut down.

I'm not bothered tho anymore, I've got my own life to live.
>>
>>36663208
I used to get invested in such shit as well
Wasted so many hours and preparation of fucking fat friends and coworkers

now when a fat fuck asks me something like that again I'll just tell him to ask me a week later, most likely they never ask again

it's mostly that spur of the the moment after seeing a motivational video it seems, they're not commited
>>
>>36663208
fatfaggot
>>
>>36663208
I would like to point out that the effects of soy on sex hormone levels are inconclusive. Some research demonstrates a small influence, others show none, some still demonstrate an anti-estrogen effect. A rational person has to accept that the evidence is lacking to make any claim that soy is bad for you.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.