[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everytime I start squatting things are usually fine for about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: arnold-squats.jpg (37 KB, 448x559) Image search: [Google]
arnold-squats.jpg
37 KB, 448x559
Everytime I start squatting things are usually fine for about a couple of months, but then my knees start getting inflamed and I have to stop and it takes months for the pain to go away.
I squat ass to grass with what I think is good form.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?
I'm starting to think there's something structurally wrong with my knees, I've always noticed that they point out to the sides as opposed to forwards, could this be the cause?
>>
>>36662834
Flex your hip flexors hard on the way up.
They same way you would during a deadlift.
The knees will take less of the weight.
>>
>>36662834
>tfw recently hit a 4 plate squat
feels good man.
>>
You should probably play around with your stance till you find the sweet spot.
>>
>>36662834
Maybe don't squat? Everyone is different, what's good for one isn't for another.

I get knee pain too, but I also cycle, run, row, etc. Now I gotta heal and rest. Gotta take it easy and stretch more I think.
>>
>>36662834
lower faggot
>>
do your knees cave in when you squat? are you going low enough? is your stance good?
>>
File: image.jpg (290 KB, 1800x1198) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290 KB, 1800x1198
>>36662991
>don't squat
Quit reading right there.
>>
>>36663169
In case you were wondering what a close minded dogmatist looks like, got one right here.
>>
>>36663547
fuck off quitter
>>
>>36662834
Maybe muh ass to grass isn't the best thing for your knees. Going just below parallel is deep enough. Never mind how oly lifters squat. They go that low so they don't have to pull as high on cleans and snatches, not because it's easier on the knees.
>>
>>36662834

> they point out to the sides as opposed to forwards, could this be the cause

You know you're in control of your knees? Stop that flaring shitr.
>>
File: eccentric-decline-squat.png (846 KB, 774x523) Image search: [Google]
eccentric-decline-squat.png
846 KB, 774x523
It depends on where the knee pain is. I'm assuming you're talking about the front part of the knee, which probably means patellar tendon.
the problem is probably some combination of
1) tight quads
2) dive bombing
3) forcing knees forward

possible 4th option is some sort of patellar tendinopathy.

First point, make sure you foam roll your quads before and after lifting for a while. If this is actually painful then chances are it's causing some problems. Tight quads pull on the patella causing it to move out of the groove and causing what you may otherwise think is patellar tendonitis.

Second point, make sure you control your descent really carefully. Slow down your descent so that you do it under control, and try to eliminate hitting your calves with any force as you bounce off the bottom. It's possible to turn this bounce into a non-harmful boost.

Third, you could be forcing knees forward to stay upright. This is a bad idea. Instead, try to focus on keeping your torso upright and ignore your legs/knees completely. Chances are you'll find that they know what to do without you trying to force them forward.

Last is tendinopathy. You may be doing everything right but have residually bad knees from earlier bad form, or overuse, or whatever. If that's the case, take a break when it flares up and stretch everything that you can, and ease back into it with pic related. This smooths out your jumbled up tendons - can be beneficial even for people who think their knees are relatively healthy, regardless, by strengthening them against loads in a way that doesn't often get trained very well in the gym by bodybuilders or powerlifters. Gymnasts and weightlifters in olympic programs usually get some form of tendon strengthening, and the rest of us plebs don't and get injured more often.
>>
>>36663547
>you will never be this dyel
Feels good man.
>>
>>36663580
Hello Mr. Buttblasted. You can be healthy and fit and not do squats.
>>
>>36663689
Hello DYEL, I'm here to inform you that you can be happy, healthy, and fit without being a close-minded /fittard.
>>
>>36663646
I'm not talking about when I squat, I mean they're naturally pointing outwards.
>>
Let your knees track out above your toes.
If you're doing lowbar , don't go atg, that's for high bar and front squats.
Using knee pain comes from shearing by not crossing parallel or by leaning forward too much on the lift.
If your weight is move above your toes than the middle-heel of your foot, you'll get knee pain.
>>
>>36663706
>>36663731
Kek did he strike a nerve newfriend?
>>
>>36663731
just trip already you special snowflake
>>
File: 1404800436735.jpg (47 KB, 805x768) Image search: [Google]
1404800436735.jpg
47 KB, 805x768
>>36662834
the bar is literally sitting on his neck. wtf.
>>
>>36663840

just on upper traps, he's probably fine
>>
>>36663731
>Just skip don't squat guys! Haha cmon you guys can probably still get big legs by running or something! :) "

You're a fucking disgrace at whatever gym you infest
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.