[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on /fit/ ever been in a physical fight? Did lifting help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: street.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
street.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
Anyone on /fit/ ever been in a physical fight? Did lifting help you? Everytime I'm about to get in a fight I feel like my arms are paralyzing, and I'm afraid that even if I punch someone it will be a weak punch because of my paralyzed arms.

What can I do to fix this?
>>
Bumparoo
>>
I have that same problem. My body is strong enough to be a better than average brawler but I become paralyzed every time.
>>
>>36661879
>>36661921
If you're talking about that basically numb noodle feeling, say hello to adrenaline.

You will still hit hard. It just feels like you're weak as fuck
>>
>>36661879
its your body's fight or flight response. I don't like to get violent so I usually experience the same thing. If you can put yourself in the mindset that you're going to have to fight then you can wail on someone with almost animal like strength and ferocity.
>>
>>36661941

Can you actually "turn off" that fight or flight response?
>>
>>36661879
Until you get used to fighting you'll feel that way. It's all of the adrenaline coupled with the anxiety you're experiencing, but I PROMISE when you swing and hit someone they'll feel it.
>>
>>36661879
In my adult years i have been in about 2 fist fights. On my second fist fight i got into a fight with a coworker in the parking lot. He kept pranking me and doing dumb shit like shutting the lights off on me in the restroom etc, and i told him he needed to quit the shit and kept taking me for a joke so i said fuck it lets go outside and handle this shit like men. Go outside and i talk to him about him taking it too far and just keeps staring at me a stupid grin so i popped him in the eye (ended up fracturing a metacarpal) and we proceeded to fist fight towards the parking lot. I got fired and didn't give two shits about the job since i was going to school at the time. I hate fighting now tbqh.
>>
>>36661971
You can't turn it off, but you can hone/channel it. I myself love to fight be it a streetfight or at my MMA gym, which helps me a lot. With enough experience you eventually learn to use it as a sort of "controlled fury" and you'd be surprise what you can do with it.
>>
>>36661971
Yea, get yourself into a fuckload of situations that make you feel it and chose the fight option over and over and it'll be second nature. Think pro boxers are confident as fuck in their first fight ever? No way, it takes years of fighting to get rid of that nervousness/get used to it
>>
>>36661971
Yes. Take inderal or other beta blockers
>>
>>36661879
2 of my most notable fights with feats of strength

1) hit a guy so hard they now refer to him as "Staple Head" because they had to staple, screw & plate his head & face back together

2) basically power bombed a guy through the back windshield of a hatchback.
>>
>>36661971

The more you do it the more you get used to the feeling. It doesn't turn off as much as you just get used to working with it.
Once you get used to it that rush of adrenaline is actually a big benefit.

The last 'fight' I was in was basically me getting assaulted by 5 dudes on a night out. Totally unprovoked. They were from out of town and basically just wanted to fuck someone up.
I'm a good boxer, but there wasn't much to be done besides cover up and try and get out of the situation. I actually got away without being knocked out or even concussed despite them punching me and kicking me in the head repeatedly.

Part of that is my thick skull and neck and the other is that they were all skinny fuccboi lads who I probably could have legit demolished if I hadn't been almost too drunk to stand.

That was like 6 years ago now. Haven't been in a fight since. I'm quite certain now that, because of my lifting, if I got into a one on one with someone who wasn't particularly well trained (people who start fights almost never are actually good at fighting) I would do some serious damage.
>>
>>36662026
>>36662022

I get what you mean guys, But I can't just go out and start picking fights. I live in a fucked up European country, and I'm afraid that in some point I will have to be in a fight, so I want to be as much prepaired as I can.
>>
>>36662039
I have only knocked out 1 guy flat on his back, out the total 2 fights i have been in.
>>
>>36662059

You can train the response in other ways. Basically don't shy away from confrontation in any form.
>>
File: 1443132556182.png (105 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1443132556182.png
105 KB, 256x256
>>36662039
Wow senpai, I wish I could have the chance to be alpha like that.
>>
>>36662059
Join a martial arts gym then m8. Not much you can do to mentally prepare besides visualization and drilling.

>>36662060
I knocked a dude out with a headbutt when he got on my face at the bar after telling him I didn't want to fight. Didn't think it was gonna work but the poor guy was leaking like a damn faucet, I'm assuming I broke his nose.
>>
I beat a guy up once, he was drunker than I was, so that's probably why I won. Another time I got beat up in a brawl. I'm not good at fighting.
>>
I'm 6'6/250lbs and I never fought. I always get spaghetti legs and the feeling of weakness when facing troublemakers. Recently it's getting more since there are a lot of refugee camps in my area.

I still think would lose vs a 5'5 dyel. I'm a fucking pussy.
>>
>>36662113
>I knocked a dude out with a headbutt when he got on my face at the bar after telling him I didn't want to fight. Didn't think it was gonna work but the poor guy was leaking like a damn faucet, I'm assuming I broke his nose.
Damn, thats pretty fucking down.
>>
I've been in two "real" fights.

The first one I got rocked. Not knocked out but the dude wailed hard on me and I had to back off to avoid potential life threatening injuries.

The second fight was a fairly solid match, we both got some great hits in before some passerby stopped us. We both came out of it bloodied up and actually ended up grabbing a pint afterwards.

England, what a country
>>
>>36662149
Dude you're so large that unless someone has a gun or knife you're fucking set, size is a huge deterrence no pun intended. I can fight pretty damn good but if I were to see you in person the only way we're fighting is if you're attacking me tbqh.
>>
>>36662149

>refugee camps

Just wondering, where are you from?
>>
>>36661879
Be glad it's just its just your arms, OP, I once got an adrenaline spike so bad my legs went numb, and I fell over while swinging a punch.

I've fought with my brother through most of my life, and not your usual sibling squabling, a lot of the time ending up with trips to the hospital for both of us.
Last fight I was ever in was with him when I was 23. I got punched in the temple and my head knocked into a wall, ended up with a bad concussion, and mild amnesia.

Although I wasn't exactly small then, I started lifting after that, so I don't know if it would help, but I'm not as flexible as I was, which seems to be a disadvantage.
Of course you can train your flexibility as well, I just don't.

I don't know, maybe I should take a trip to the other side of the country and pick a fight with the worthless shitbag, and report back on whether it was any different.
>>
If you haven't got a grasp of the mental affects of the fight or flight response you can influence it physically. Blood will pump into the part of the body that is about to be used, your arms feel week because blood is being pumped into your legs. If you force blood into your arms then it will influence the response to your advantage. But nothing beats experience, although on a side not if you want to actually deliver a punch without fear of hurting yourself then condition your fists. Start off by doing push-ups on them (it will hurt at first) then use a solid/rough surface once they get use to it.
>>
>>36661996
Fucked around a got a triple double
>>
>>36662194
Germany
>>
>>36661879
Learning how to throw a punch / wrestle will help you more than lifting if you arn't a dyel. Lifting will only help if you know how to take people down or just use your strenght well.

Going to the gym to get strong wont make you any better at fighting. Unless you get strong enough to just throw people around however you please. Will help u to defend urself tho.
>>
>>36662488

What I have noticed is, that when you are more muscular (most) people tend to not fuck with you, So, in that way lifting might help you avoid fights.
>>
File: fatiota.jpg (16 KB, 382x415) Image search: [Google]
fatiota.jpg
16 KB, 382x415
Once I was literally pic related with a Che Guevara flag as a cape and went like that to school. It was the friday before Carnival holidays, which isn't too much of a big deal in my country, but still it's fairly normal to come dressed as something to school before the holidays. As I was leaving school to go home, some idiot going inside the building told me:
>"Why are you wearing a big bottle on your head?"
>"Because I felt like it!" I said
>"Why are you not?", I added
>"Because it's stupid" he says in a faggot grumpy "I'm better than you" attitude
>"No it's not" I say light-heartedly
>"You're stupid", I add
>"Are you calling me stupid"?
>"..."
>"Yes!"
>He starts punching me, I strike him with the bottle-tipped broom
>I get very angry, throwing around blows and cursing at him
>The Che Guevara cape covers my head, I only see red
>When I uncover it the guy has disappeared into the crowd
Apparently I hit a guy with the broom that was breaking us up, I didn't see him in my fury. He told me personally a few months later and was pretty cool about it. I also fought a guy in defense of a bird once, but I have to go to bed right now. Night night.
>>
>>36661879
I boxed as a lad so I was in plenty, deadlifts drastically improved my stamina and core strength, my punches started to become faster and more furious
>>
>>36661879
>Anyone on /fit/ ever been in a physical fight?
yes
>Did lifting help you?
yes, but not as much as boxing\wrestling
>What can I do to fix this?
Do boxing or something
>>
>>36661971
It's not really turning it off as it is so much using that surge of energy and excitement to your advantage. Once I feel my adrenaline kick in I know it's go time and I'm excited to fight and wanna keep going
>>
>>36662619
But why were you wearing a bottle on your head? Seems like something only an idiot would do.
>>
>>36661879
Do a fighting sport like boxing and do a bunch of sparring. I'm not scared at all of real fights anymore, especially now that I know untrained people really can't hurt you that bad.
>>
>>36662740
Dressing up for my enjoyment. Instead of doing something more traditional, I decided to go as a water bottle dude.
>>
>>36661879
I got into fights constantly as a kid and as a teenager, people are just less inclined to do so now.
Also most of them were defending my brothers and sisters who are grown and can watch their own asses now.
Also took boxing classes and have around 10 years of martial arts training, so there have been more matches than I can count as well.
Lifting just made me big and I can definately hit harder.
>>
>>36661879
just join a fucking martial art like boxing or Jiu Jitsu and get over that insecure 'I have to be a tough guy in public' persona.

Seriously. Once you get your ass beat by a handful a true martial artists and you learn your place on the food chain, you will drop the ego and urge to want to fight everyone that looks at you funny.

Theres a reason every BJJ, boxer, mma fighter, etc, says them joining their martial art increased their quality of every day life on top of their physical fitness.
>>
>>36662857
literally this desu
>>
>>36661879
Sparring
>>
>>36661879
Do a martial art with sparring. I used to be scared of everything not just fighting but after wrestling, boxing, Krav Maga, and Muay Thai, there isn't much that scares me any more
>>
>>36662857
any actual martial art trainee would agree with this. I mean, I started taking mma because I was a bit insecure and scared of getting in fights with people. Now that I basically get in fights 3-4 nights a week that urge and insecurity is gone and I'm only focused on beating other trained killers at my gym
>>
I used to fight a lot when I was 15-19
Was a real piece of shit, selling bricks (actual bricks, not drugs)
End of the line for me was 11years ago when I had to pull out a knife to defend myself against 4 other faggots (out of town guys)(as aomeone already said those are the type of guys that come only to cause shit)
Got a bottle in the head and broken nose but i slashed one of them around groin (he was probably fine, nothing serious)

Funny thing though one of them had a gun, but i didn't even see it ("friend" told me afterwards)
They escaped, I dumped the knife
Police broke 2 of my ribs later that night while interviewing me
(I also learned that you really have no friends when shit hits the fan)

>growing up in postwar eastern europe

Fighting instinct is weird for most people
I remember first time fighting I was scared shitless, but something inside me said that I must destroy the guy
He ko'd me though, but every fight after that was mentally easier and i had no problem with fear (though it was always present in small amount)

I'd compare this with doms:
First time you workout you'll be sore as fuck, every workout after that you'll be less and less sore, but there will always be some soreness left

Maybe its for the best if you don't ever find out
>>
>>36661879
Been in a physical fight yes, a few.
Lifting didn't help. This was from 7th - 10th grade so I wasn't lifting then. As an adult I haven't been in a fight, came close a couple of times.

What can you do?
Learn to stay calm and breathe. Learn how to talk your way out and walk away, run if you have to. Take up a martial art, boxing, mma, wrestling, whatever.
I try to avoid fights. You don't know who has a weapon. I carry a knife so I'm not taking it for granted that the other guy isn't packing anything either.
How often are you about to get in a fight?
>>
>>36661971
I always think about the legal troubles that would happen after the fight so it stops me everytime. It never goes past violent yelling at the opponent unless he attacks fist which usually never happens anyway
>>
I've been in one so called fight. I spent my afternoons in a Tae Kwon Do studio. Literally 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week. Eventually some guys in the neighborhood caught wind of this and decided to pick a fight. It wasn't until one guy swung that I struck back. I blocked the punch and landed two kicks to the guys chest. The guy backed up, wheezed a bit and then acted like he was letting me off the hook by stopping the fight. I later found out I bruised two of the guys ribs. I have refused to fight anyone since. Anyway, I did lift but it was mostly to supplement my martial arts training. So yes?
>>
4-Stripe blue belt in BJJ here. (Also practice JKD)

Guarantee I'd choke out any of you in seconds, or make your knee explode in a leg lock.

>I'm a 145 lbs manlet too
>>
>>36661879
get angry
remember that guy whos fucking the girl you were too pussy to make a move?
imagine you're punching the pussy you for not making move
>>
>>36661996
Did he land any punches on you tho
>>
When I get into a physical fight I forget about personal well being and just charge the guy for a rugby tackle. He can maybe hit me once before I tackle him and once he's on the ground it's all over, most people bonk their head on the ground. It makes most people run.

If he has a knife I won't even try because getting stabbed a lot isn't in my agenda.
>>
Never been in an actual physical irl fight but I've been in millions of street fights on Street Fighter since playing II (championship edition) on the Sega Genesis all the way up to the current gen. It's safe to say I'm adequately prepared for a fight if or when someone should make the fatal mistake of challenging me to one. I main Balrog by the way so I'm an excellent boxer.
>>
>>36662059
BJJ m8

learn how to control the situation with minimum damage inflicted to either party
>>
Something along the lines of these >>36663253 >>36663299
In a civilized society with law enforcement and all you really should not take part in a fight unless it it absolutely necessary for protecting yourself/someone else's health and safety. Not only is it illegal but it is also putting yourself in unnecessary harm and danger and that's not really a winning situation.

What you can do is learn to
a) not get in fights
b) stall for time in a hostile situation and
c) learn to escape and protect yourself in a way that doesn't involve unnecessary violence
>>
>>36662619
L'autisme
>>
>>36661879
Yes, pretty standard drunken street fight
>Did lifting help you?
Yes, despite being fairly skinny and only knowing the basics of fighting(how to make a fist, how to throw a punch, how to block) my three years of oly lifting meant that I had enough explosiveness that I knocked him out with a single punch, which is lucky since I would have gotten rekt otherwise
>>
>>36663393

>what is a sprawl?
>>
Been in a few street fights and lifting only helped me once. Basically some fat knob head thought i stole some shit from his house so i told to go shag his mum then i started to walk home. As i was walking he came up behind and grabbed my legs. I fell face first on the floor and got a big cut across my face. After this he was trying to hit me on the floor whilst he was on top of me so i shoved him off then i picked him and dropped him on his head. Fucked him up i got really scared as well he literally sounded like he was deflating and he was shaking like fuck on the floor and shit. Strength is only good if your planning on going to the ground however on this occasion it was a suprise. I use to do thai boxing around 4 years ago and did it for 2 years straight. This is what helped me win most street fights because its very easy to go against someone with no fighting background at all because they dont know how to counter or block a punch.
>>
My first fight I got my ass kick by some mexican kid. It was my fault I told him I was going to deport him lel. He later became my best friend. He taught me how to box.

My second fight was with a couple of black guys at a bar. My Mexican friend and I were at a bar. I was super wasted and I was hitting on some black dudes gf. She was looking at me all night. Her bf confronted me so I tree the first punch. His friends jump in and so did mine. My friend got beer bottle smash in his head because he almost killed some black dude and wouldn't let go. Two weeks later I fucked that girl.

My third fight was with some MANLET outside a gas station. I saw walking out the car with his chest all puff out. I laugh him because he look funny. I grab him took him to the ground.
>>
>be at university party
>semi-drunk and having a good time at around 3am
>noodly dyel comes up to me and tells me if my name is anon
>say yes that's me
>tells me that I should watch what I say and that my words will have consequences (used to troll people at my course's Facebook page all the time back then)
>for some reason his geekiness and cheekiness infuriates me to no end, I genuinely feel hatred towards him, alcohol helped I bet
>I never fought since I was 12
>tell him to look at me
>take a step back
>Punch with full body force, put my back and leg movement behind the punch, it hits him in the jaw
>guy stiffens up and falls backwards like a fucking wooden stick, to this day I have no idea how hard I hit him
>people start clamouring
>friend of the guy sees what I did.
>I see him jogging towards me while putting up a defense and leaning left and right as he closes, guy obviously boxes
>try to put my arms up
>he punches me like lightning in the teeth, my brain goes white, my thoughts all disappear
>thank god people got in-between us to break us up
>Guy wants to kill me, is extremely mad and punching through literally 4 people trying to grab and calm him down, see crazy in his eyes
>people still remember me as one-punch badass, completely missing that I narrowly avoided GETTING MY SHIT KICKED IN AND PROBABLY LEFT A HALFWIT FOR THR REST OF MY LIFE because of luck and people around us

Feels good
>>
I`m afraid to fight because i`m afraid to kill or heavy injury somebody.
>>
>>36661879
yes and I learnt how to fight by watching alot of UFC. All you need to do is take the guy to the ground and get on his back then pound away at his head.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>36663602
>>
>>36663249
>literal bricks, not drugs

Why am I laughing so hard at this
Where are you from bro?
>>
>>36663583
what
>>
>>36663676
BJJ/Wrestler guy here. When you charge at us, going for a tackle or takedown, we anticipate it and "sprawl" ontop of you like a wet blanket. You're then on your hands and knees, while we're on top, leaving you defenseless and open for plenty of juicy submissions. (Or punching/kneeing you in the head if we're going that way)
>>
>>36662779
>I have autism
>>
>>36663700
I see. Luckily I haven't gone up against a BJJ/Wrestler I suppose, just piss drunk assholes looking for a fight. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>36661939
this. get your hands up and be ready to stay uncomfortable.
>>
>>36663721
Here's an even better tip, brah. Practice BJJ at a good academy! It'll change your life completely.
>>
>>36663700
Well put. What's a good counter for that, other than not tackling BJJ guys?
>>
>>36662039
How did you power bomb a guy? Did he try to jump on you and you just caught him?
>>
>>36663732
How the fuck will it change my life if im a loser with no friends and future?
>>
>>36661879
Being strong is helpful but being skilled in fighting can beat a wild untrained strong guy.

Im huge compared to some guys at my gym and the highly skilled guys just know how to move better. they can get out of my way and slay me. Kind of like a bull fighter.
>>
>>36663595
sounds like you hit a guy in the face for nothing.
>>
>>36663735
A good counter: Don't fight anyone with a blue belt or higher in BJJ. Not worth the risk for you.

If you actually went to tackle/takedown someone, and they did sprawl on you because they know what they're doing, you're essentially fucked.

No one can tell you what to do to "counter" things like this, because there are a million responses, and a million subtle positions your opponent might be in. It takes many years of practice, sparring, and sensitivity.

In BJJ, we say that people become "sensitive" to things. You can feel what your opponent will do before they do it, based on very subtly feeling their body/muscle movements through your own body.

>3.5 years of consistent BJJ experience here
>>
>>36663377
yeah, he landed some hits gave me a busted lip, and his fist skid the right side of my face and left a red streak that looked like a scratch.
>>
>>36663759

Easily. You will make friends with the people you train with, as you are forced into physical contact with them regularly. BJJ will give you purpose, and you will develop much pride for your academy. BJJ instructors also tend to be the fucking coolest people you will ever meet.
>>
File: 1325232674389.jpg (53 KB, 453x583) Image search: [Google]
1325232674389.jpg
53 KB, 453x583
>Guy who trains BJJ tries to fight me
>Kick him in the dick and he doubles over
>Slug him in the face to knock him out

A lot of good that did him.
>>
>>36663732
I took TKD when I was a kid until I went off to college when I got my black belt, I've always liked martial arts. The owner was a 60 year old or so Korean man who was big in championships with medals and everything. Thanks for the tip bro.
>>
just drew this up for this thread
>>
>>36663842
Don't let that put you off from learning the art.

As someone who trains hard every day, I can tell you that I constantly meet people who CLAIM to train, or have trained, or whatever the case is, and they're essentially white belts with no actual skill.

You fought a white belt. Doesn't count. 95% of people who pick up BJJ will in fact quit well before they even get a blue belt (Which can take 1-5 years to obtain)

For some reason though, people will still claim that they train BJJ even though they only take one class a month, or watch youtube videos, or some other bullshit like that.
>>
>>36663858
>60 front
>40 back

Ugh... old school stance is so much better. I hate how the Mayweathers and the PRs made the forward stance so popular.

Forward stances are only good if you have great reaction speed, since you can bait people to come at you and pull back really quickly.

Standing with your weight backwards makes you look further away than you really are, giving you the advantage when striking and defending, and also makes your crosses more powerful
>>
>>36663858
kek
>>
File: basic fight stance.png (40 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
basic fight stance.png
40 KB, 1152x648
>>36663895
It's not even that forward of a stance. It's just keeping you more mobile. A 70-30 would be far more forward and IMO less stable.

If you lean back too much you lose your reach.

Fixed because I forgot elbows
>>
BJJ is literally the worst art you can learn for self defense

Even Aikido is more practical

Its good if you know other shit though.
>>
>>36661879
I'm romanian. We basivally grow up beating each other silly.
>>
>>36663595
you probably shouldn't feel good about that my man
>>
File: invisible ambush.jpg (82 KB, 637x384) Image search: [Google]
invisible ambush.jpg
82 KB, 637x384
I like this thread.

One time I was attacked by like 50-60 ninjas in the street but thankfully I'm trained in BJ and bench 12plate.

I deadlifted one in such an intimidating way that the others turned and ran and then one of the ninjas who was also a girl totally mouthkissed me because I'm so alpha and she let me touch her boob under her shirt too.
>>
>>36663842
your demon is the willpower to kick him in the dick vs the actual ability to be able to pull it off.
>>
>>36663858
lol
>>
>>36663953
Explain. Some of the best MMA fighters are jiujitsu experts so it seems pretty practical to me.
>>
File: randleman fedor suplex.gif (1 MB, 318x216) Image search: [Google]
randleman fedor suplex.gif
1 MB, 318x216
Pretty much my only fighting strategy is to pick them up and slam as hard as possible then beat their face in. Probably wont work to well on anyone with actual skill. but works with anyone weaker and smaller.
>>
>>36664044

Street fighting and cage fighting are very different beasts. The second last place you want to get yourself in a brawl is on the ground atop someone.
>>
File: Seto Kaiba, pokemon master.gif (492 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
Seto Kaiba, pokemon master.gif
492 KB, 460x345
>be me
>be 5
>lunchtime at school
>climbing a tree
>some older kids (12-13ish) come round
>"fuck off, we want to hang out here"
>"no I was here first"
>"fuck off or I'll knock you out cunt"
>these niggers obviously dont know who they're dealing with
>I have watched 3 Bruce lee movies at this point
>icantakethem.jpg
>charge at them like autist while swing arms wildly
>almost hit 1 then trip over
>4 of them beat the shit out of me for the next 10 minutes
>black eyes, fractured rib and other misc injuries
>i will have my vengeance
>go back there every lunch time for next year
>more or less exact same thing happens every time
>they go off to college (highschool for americucks)
>never got my vengeance
>mfw
>>
>>36663620
whats wrong with being afraid of that? im tiny and would never win a fight and im afraid of that. itd haunt me forever, if not land me in jail or with fines
>>
>>36662384
my /int/ memes are real, kek
>>
>>36662264
>I don't know, maybe I should take a trip to the other side of the country and pick a fight with the worthless shitbag, and report back on whether it was any different.
Nah don't, join a gym and get into sparring
MMA is huge now nearly every cunt has some experience, probably not wise to pick fights if you're untrained
>>
Once, but it was stupid. I was walking home from a club with my m8 and a mugger pulled a nice on us. I grabbed him and body slammed hard on the concrete and he was out cold.

Me and my buddy ran off and heard nothing else about it. I could have easily been stabbed, but I had been lifting for a year and felt tasty as fuark.

Never been in a fight before or since, that was about 2 years ago now, the guy was a skelly manlet too.
>>
>>36663707
this is 4chan, even /fit/ has autists. who cares
>>
>>36663349
HEMA trained long-swordsman here

Guarantee I'd cut you from nape to navel in seconds.

>I'm a 230lbs viking too
>>
File: rugby-scrum.jpg (70 KB, 630x388) Image search: [Google]
rugby-scrum.jpg
70 KB, 630x388
I have both lost and won fights as an adult (more or less). All of this was in college so from 2-4 years ago. On multiple occasions it was never anything more than a few swings then some ground work to get on top until friends pulled me off or a I stopped. On the one occasion I got my ass handed to me, I understood the powerlessness that came with losing a one on one fight and I really don't want to fight like that ever again. Been in a few brawls of my teammates vs another team or fraternity. Those are more fun and chaotic. I'd do that again.
>>
>>36662857
this
been boxing for 4 years and thought i was top shit at my gym, as a result walked around with an aura of superiority in everyday life like a fucking faggot, new guy joins gym and had a lot of previous experience (wasn't sure how much) but i assumed I could take him, first sparring sesh he railed me hard (had a strange unorthodox guard, I was so stunned I didn't take the time to figure out how to properly pass it), really put things in perspective, became a humbler, better person because of it.
>>
>>36664120
Bushido trained katana-wielder here

Guarantee I'd bisect anyone here with nihonjin steel in under a second

>I'm an otaku expert too
>>
>>36664107
>a mugger pulled a nice on us

he was extremely polite?
he was aggressively courteous towards you?
he displayed good manners and a positive attitude?
>>
>>36664150
It was a Canadian mugging
>>
File: 1451886153633.gif (2 MB, 260x289) Image search: [Google]
1451886153633.gif
2 MB, 260x289
>>36662039
>Staple Head
>>
>>36664091
Fucking wimp
>>
>>36664173
its only been 14 years, im still holding out hope for getting my vengeance
>>
>be me
>got in a fight
>>
>>36661971
The fight or flight response typically only applies to individuals of different species.

It has been proposed that for individuals of the same species, there are 4 options:
Fight, flight, posture and submit.
>>
>>36664044
Because it's cage fighting, and they also have Judo or wrestling experience, supplemented with a striking martial art
In a street fight BJJ is worthless if there's more than one attacker, or they have a knife. Great art, that I still practice, but can't be relied on to save your life
>>
I've boxed around with friends and they're like "anon is the fastest and hits hard too" but I think it's because my dad taught me how to hold hands and throw a punch

Haven't been in a real fight since high school where a kid pushed me and I grabbed him and slammed him into a locker but hadn't lifted then just sports
>>
File: mosusetrapgif.gif (426 KB, 300x125) Image search: [Google]
mosusetrapgif.gif
426 KB, 300x125
>>36663953
i disagree with that. learning bjj aside from the martial art itself has helped my overall physical conditioning and ability to move and sprawl. stamina has gone up and when i get hit or tossed i can take more punishment without getting gassed. a lot of people train or incorporate certain things into their bjj/jj training specifically to help them in "competition" rather than just casual hobby.

i hate to use this example but take pro mma fighters. there are guys who barely train ground game at all. there are certain points in their career/game where they are forced to improve their jj or lose (or continue losing). what you are saying is like saying an mma fighter who clearly needs jj is better off without jj and better off with aikido. this is a huge generalization and we just cannot apply this idealism with accuracy by ignoring anymore of the most basic of specifics.

there is definitely a huge learning curve that everybody has to overcome at the jump. we all reach certain points and plateaus differently. the first huge learning curve usually takes years as far as i'm concerned.

for someone who hasn't passed this first learning curve, as an example, immediately pulling guard may not work out for them against an average opponent in a street fight. there may be and probably are better options for them. there are certain things that just will not work out for you in a given scenario at any level you are at. if you can't apply this to your ground game then you are fucked. only at this point can i agree with you. otherwise if this is avoidable then how could one go along with/follow/listen to someone attempting to tell someone off in such a way as if your path is the most enlightened way.
>>
>>36664058
>Fedor getting suplexed
Don't try this shit in the street you'll crack your head
What you said is basically true though, wrestling is instinctual in all humans, if you're a big boy you shouldn't have trouble fighting anyone smaller that's untrained
>>
>>36664238
>my dad taught me how to hold hands

yeah I bet he did you fucking fruitcake
>>
I don't get into fights. If some fucker tries to mess with me I tell him to back off. If he continues to aggravate the situation I draw my gun and say that he's threatening me and that he should go home.
>>
>>36663938
>if you lean back too much you lose your reach

This is a really really big misconception. If anything, you lose reach leaning forward! The more forward you lean, the less mobile you are on your front leg. This means you can't step and deliver a punch, you have to rely on waist and arm punching from a stationary position aka infighting.

When your weight is on your rear leg (or centered but leaning back slightly) you can be completely out of punching range from your opponent, but still take a step forward with your front foot (and leave your back foot to push off with) and land anything you want.
>>
>>36664249
Lol i don't know how to respond bud
>>
>>36664243
The point anon is talking about is in a "street fight" you may be engaging multiple combatants or be attacked by people you though were uninvolved. If your game is entirely wrapping up with people and ground grappling you are going to get your shit messed up.

Boxing is honestly probably the best for a real life fight because no one knows what they're doing and you can maintain distance from multiple attackers while potentially knocking out untrained people in a couple hits to the body or head.

To be honest though if you find yourself getting into fights often in real life you're probably a total scumbag and should take a drive off a cliff.
>>
File: basic fight stance.png (38 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
basic fight stance.png
38 KB, 1152x648
>>36664257
Alright, you sound like you know more than me. Fixed again.

Better?
>>
>>36664269
Boxing teaches good ideals for street fighting too and takes literally no thought to bust out in high pressure situations
For proper self defence training, you need to take a self defence martial art of course like Krav
>>
>>36664249
>>36664261
Oh I see what you were saying haha I'm seriously laughing now
>>
>>36663938
>first two knuckles are your punching power

NOPE

Middle-through-pinky are punching power knuckles, as they are naturally in-line with your forearm. If you hold a fist regularly, you would have to bend your wrist to make the first knuckle line-up with your wrist.

Punches should land from middle-to-pinky range of your knuckles; even Dempsey taught this.
>>
>>36664107
>a nice
a knife? who the fuck calls a knife a nice? or was that some canadian slur? weak shit brah.
>>
>>36664044
wtf does MMA have to do with anything lol

BJJ is impractical because it teaches you the first thing you should do in a fight is to take a guy to the ground.... literally the worst place you can be.

>>36664243
>learning bjj aside from the martial art itself has helped my overall physical conditioning and ability to move and sprawl. stamina has gone up and when i get hit or tossed i can take more punishment without getting gassed. a lot of people train or incorporate certain things into their bjj/jj training specifically to help them in "competition" rather than just casual hobby.
You can get better at all of those things just from doing cardio or any martial art, though.

>>36664243
>what you are saying is like saying an mma fighter who clearly needs jj is better off without jj and better off with aikido. this is a huge generalization and we just cannot apply this idealism with accuracy by ignoring anymore of the most basic of specifics.
not really. Again, the BJJer knows other things outside of BJJ. Aikido on its own is fine in real life self defense situations when all you need to know is how to escape common holds/locks and how to have good evasive footwork. Aikido falls apart when its needed for prolonged periods beyond the initial interaction, and against people who are prepared for an actual fight. In other words, its not a good art for 1v1 cage fights. Its a great art for tossing a drunk guy across the room when he pushes you or grabs your shirt.

Btw, I dont even like Aikido I was just using it as an example.

The whole rest of your post is moot and exactly why I have a problem with most BJJers. They cant see the forest for the trees. You're talking to me about ground fighting and when is best to pull guard and blah blah when you should never ever ever willingly goto the ground in a real life situation.

If you get put there, well good on you, you know some ground fighting, but you should never choose it.
>>
>>36661879

Oh yeah definitely. Got into a fight 3 months ago at some pub. Got sucker punched by some kid who's hated me for a year, and then tackled. I easily threw him off me, held him down with left arm, and proceeded to pound his face in.
>>
>>36664269
agree with this

>>36664317
disagree with this word "proper"
>>
>>36664307
Haha neither way is "right" they're just different modes of thinking. Boxing is weird in that sense because you'd think its so simple but there are so so so many small subtle variants in everything.

There are plenty of coaches that teach front foot boxing but I just don't agree with it for the average person. Like I said, it relies too much on reaction speed for evasion and I dont think you have the same amount of power.
>>
Is it weird to get into like boxing at 24? I don't want to be sparring with like 16yr olds
>>
The only self defense situations I've been in have been me vs multiple attackers. The only way I made it out without being completely destroyed is from boxing footwork, japanese jujutsu training (we actually trained how to maneuver around multiple opponents and how to choose which person to hit first etc) and by being situationally aware.

Having said that, I broke my hand on someones face, I got my front two teeth broken from brass knuckles and I broke my nose... so I didn't exactly come out unscathed in all of them.

I also used to bounce and have kicked out a lot of people using JJJ locks and holds... even wrist locks work on most people.
>>
>>36663743
He was on his stomach lying on the ground, I grabbed him around the waist, lifted him up over head, spun around and slammed him through the car.
>>
File: image.png (126 KB, 639x674) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126 KB, 639x674
>>36663589
>>
>>36664413
nah man its fine, nobody cares
>>
>>36664430
compliance locks wreck most people

average shithead starts feeling the least amount of persistent pain and suddenly becomes very open to changing their behavior.

All I used as a bouncer were compliance locks.
>>
>>36664329
>punching with your pinky
enjoy your fracture
>If you hold a fist regularly, you would have to bend your wrist to make the first knuckle line-up with your wrist.
what kind of fucked up wrists do you have
>>
>>36662147
Win some, lose some, senpai.
>>
>>36664400
I gotcha. I just prefer the feeling of being "forward" to balanced. It's more committing to the fight you know?

But you really do sound more experienced and for the average person having a stable footing is probably better than what I was saying anyway.
>>
My buddies gave me the nickname "Mr Bang" because one time I hit a guy in the face so hard a bouncer and others at the bar thought someone fired a gun.
>>
>>36664150
>>36664349
>tfw I'll never be able to found out how people would have responded to my post now.
>>
>>36664498
I'm 6'4", maybe thats the difference? I like using my range so theres no reason for me to lean forward other than when I throw a cross or to bait someone. If anything it gives manlets an easy target for an uppercut.
>>
>>36662638
From deadlifts? Not cleans? no shit. Thanks.
>>
>>36663249
/baltic/?
>>
>>36661879
Yup.

>Did lifting help you?
I didn't lift back when I was in fights but now that I'm a big guy people don't want to fight me so it helps a lot in that regard.

Take a deep breath, puff out you chest and squeeze your fists. Basically, impersonate Goku going Super Saiyan without the screaming. You should try to avoid all fights though. This is only if you are trying to intimidate someone into backing off though.

Remember that if an aggressive situation isn't deescalating then it is escalating and don't forget that getting into a fight is a felony. I have a friend who spent a year in federal prison for getting into a bar fight. It's never worth it to fight. If you get attacked then do the absolute minimum to stop the assault.
>>
File: 123412672572.jpg (91 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
123412672572.jpg
91 KB, 554x439
>>36664571
I'm 6'2", maybe I just had it wrong this whole time and it took finding you on 4chan to correct me.

>If anything it gives manlets an easy target for an uppercut.
Good point, I'll change my form.
>>
>>36663526
>learn how to control the situation with minimum damage inflicted to either party

What martial art should one learn if they want to control the situation with maximal damage afflicted to the other party?

No edgemaster, I'm being srs
>>
>>36664356
>BJJ is impractical because it teaches you the first thing you should do in a fight is to take a guy to the ground....
yes because how else would you learn bjj?
>literally the worst place you can be.
in all probability the worst place any given person could be in any given fight against any given opponent in the street.

>You can get better at all of those things just from doing cardio or any martial art, though.
you can get better at all of those things just from doing cardio or any martial art, but why take up any martial art to begin with if you want this your goal? this is a weak point.

>not really. Again, the BJJer knows other things outside of BJJ.
what?

>Aikido on its own is fine in real life self defense situations
>when all you need to know is
you can apply this logic to any martial art. right here is contradiction.
>>
>>36664678
Probably take up kickboxing or muay thai
>>
>>36664678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2KJHysK6k8
>>
>>36664669
Do what makes you feel comfortable but I find that to work the best for me

Torrent or look up Kenny Weldon, hes a great amateur coach that teaches very solid fundamental "classic" boxing.

Check out around 41:00 for kind of what I was talking about in regards to range

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnw0oy_kenny-weldon-you-can-learn-to-box-too-vol-1_sport

Also here is fundamentals of some punches from the stance I was talking about... it really maximizes reach and leverage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZPhXpjlpu0
>>
>>36664356
>Aikido falls apart when its needed for prolonged periods beyond the initial interaction, and against people who are prepared for an actual fight. In other words, its not a good art for 1v1 cage fights.
that is dependent on the practitioner. same with any martial art. you need to stop talking like this.

>Its a great art for tossing a drunk guy across the room when he pushes you or grabs your shirt.
wing chun combos are good against drunks too. this is your point?

>You're talking to me about ground fighting and when is best to pull guard
you are ignoring the point. i'm not telling you when is best to pull guard. this is a specific example which i can generalize over in order to retain my point once again. you ignore the specifics and you generalize a group or community as a whole and that ends up being your hole in your game.

>and blah blah when you should never ever ever willingly goto the ground in a real life situation.
i disagree. once again i say keep it as an option but don't necessarily be inclined to take it down. it varies from person to person.

>If you get put there, well good on you, you know some ground fighting, but you should never choose it.
you are mistaking subjective and objective information. you overlook things as simple as wordplay and your reality becomes just that. apply this kind of suggestive thinking to hooked on phonics and rearrange your game plan before trying to educate others.
>>
Personally I don't get that feeling, probably because I got into some fights as a kid and did martial arts my whole life. But if you want to remedy it, like most people said, you're probably just gonna need to get into a few fights.
>>
>>36664724
Wow thanks a lot anon.
>>
Gettign hit in the face hurts a fucking bunch. not the jaw so much but like a frotnal jab will really, really get to you.

there's all sorts of super important nerves in there and some awfully fragile tissue and bone. After getting whacked in the face a few times and seeing just how little trauma is required to wreck your shit I'm amazed boxers even look human.
>>
>You can get better at all of those things just from doing cardio or any martial art, though.
good thing that's not the main goal.

>not really. Again, the BJJer knows other things outside of BJJ.
who? what?

>Aikido on its own is fine in real life self defense situations when all you need to know is how to escape common holds/locks and how to have good evasive footwork
or
>[insert martial art] on its own is fine in real life self defense situations when all you need to know is
>when all you need to know is
>>
>>36664717
Nice, I'll check them out

>>36664720
Lol'd hard
>>
>>36664714
>how else would you learn BJJ
.... yes, thats the point. You're learning how to fight on the ground. The last place you want to be in a real fight is on the ground. So learning how to fight on the ground is impractical for self defense without also knowing another standup art. Not sure how I can spell it out any better than this.

>you can get better at all of those things just from doing cardio or any martial art, but why take up any martial art to begin with if you want this your goal? this is a weak point.

You're the one that said BJJ has helped you because of the fitness aspects. You used that as a selling point. I'm saying that the fitness aspects come from any MA. You're just contradicting your own comment :\

>what?
I meant the BJJer in that scenario (the MMAer who just decided to learn BJJ) knows other things outside of BJJ, so it works better for him.

For self defense, BJJ on its own is bad. BJJ + another style is good.

Thats my only point.
>>
>>36661879
Headbutt. There's no real counter to an ol noggin bash. Use what's at your disposal
>>
>>36664753
not to mention the obvious issues invovled in concussion, which include the ear. you can easily end up with tinnitus or hearing loss or vestibular nerve damage, which will keep you from walking straight for the rest of your life.

Fighting is very very bad. we are not supposed to get hit in the head.
>>
Helped when I took combatives 2. My size allowed me to brute strength most people... anyone who had decent technique gibbed me though since I was new.
>>
1) Practice fighting in a controlled environment with professionals. Do this for a few years and you'll become a decent fighter.

2) Stop getting into fights.
>>
>>36664729
All you said in this entire stupid post is

>w-well everyone is different

BJJ is fucking retarded to use in a real self defense situation. Period. Even if you win, you're still risking too much going to the ground. I've been in quite a few self defense situations and not only did I never end up on the ground, I would have been destroyed if I did.

And ignoring the subjectivity of that statement, OBJECTIVELY going to the ground is fucking stupid.

>i disagree. once again i say keep it as an option but don't necessarily be inclined to take it down. it varies from person to person.

If BJJ is all you know thats your ONLY fucking option because thats all you know how to do. What are you not understanding???
>>
>>36664329
You're going to permanently damage your wrist.
>>
>>36664307
This is decent advise, except some people are more comfortable leading with their right hand.

Either way it's useless to most people without tons of practice.
>>
>>36664413
Have had dudes at my gym start at like fifties, bro. Thirties, forties, and post-college people are totally common.
>>
>>36664875
advice*
>>
>>36664477
Like what? Nice dubs
>>
>>36664790
.... yes, thats the point. You're learning how to fight on the ground. The last place you want to be in a real fight is on the ground.
good thing ground game helps you when you end up on the ground. that is the point. you have overlooked my previous post just as you have overlooked your grammar once again.

>So learning how to fight on the ground is impractical for self defense
what about for the people winning? xD

>So learning how to fight on the ground is impractical for self defense without also knowing another standup art. Not sure how I can spell it out any better than this.
weak point. if you take the problem of getting in a fight that ends up on the ground and you have ground game that works then end of conversation. if you apply this and say it's impractical 100% of the time i am messiah suck my tridant learn stand up, then i cannot agree with you. how about:

>The last place anyone would want to be in any given situation in a real fight is on the ground. Therefore, I believe learning how to fight on the ground, solely, is probably the most impractical thing for self defense without also knowing another standup art. Even though I fail to separate subjective information and objective information and continue to generalize both as the same thing. N-not sure how I can spell it out any better than this.
>>
>>36661939
You have to be careful not to hit too hard actually. Strong guys that don't train hit so hard theyr break their hands. Because of adrenaline you won't realize it until after which is even worse because you can end up with multiple breaks and possibly permanent damage.

Strengthen your hands and learn how to punch, and that doesn't mean you're going to get to a point where you can swing as hard as possible and not bust your hand. Those hardcore boxer dudes, even their hands would break if they hit as hard as possible (in the head/hard areas at least, you can rape their ribs as hard as you want most likely)

>>36661971
It comes with experience. Trained soldiers in ancient times held the line, while inexperienced men at arms often broke formation.

I can't stress enough, know what you're doing. If you're not going to actively train at least look up some youtube videos and smack around a heavy bag every now and then. You can even rig something to strike out of towels/any kind of padding and wrap your hands in whatever.
>>
>>36661879
Every time I get motivated to learn how to fight I just remember the animals i'd be fighting (blacks) would just sucker punch me

niggers suck
>>
>>36664942
And what you should be training for is

A
>how to punch (front 2 knuckles, know the differences between straight on and hooks and how to do them with proper force)

B
>how hard to punch (you don't want to punch at his face so hard then he turns his head and you break your hand, also don't punch too hard at the temples or throat if you care)

C
>where to punch (jaw, lips, nose, eyes, ribs if you get too close, NOT the fucking skull or cheekbones)
>>
>>36664714
>>36664790
>>36664920
>take guy to ground
>his friends come out of no where and break all of your limbs

>don't take guy to ground
>his friends show up
>you run away with all of your limbs intact and don't get crippled for the rest of your life because of whatever stupid shit started the fight
>>
>>36664854
>BJJ is fucking retarded to use in a real self defense situation. Period. Even if you win,
this is more of a moral high ground here.
>you're still risking too much going to the ground.
and so the the opponent. not only that but did the opponent get taken down, or take down? or something else completely caused the fight to go down? not only that but i never said to go to the ground 100% of the time yet you continue to say don't go to the ground 100% of the time which continues to ignore the specifics of my points so you are in a circle right now.
>I've been in quite a few self defense situations and not only did I never end up on the ground, I would have been destroyed if I did.
and if he had pulled out a gun you would have been destroyed. and if someone ran you over you would have been destroyed. and if you got hit by lightening you would have been destroyed. and if he knocked you out striking you would have been destroyed.
>be me
>fight didn't go to ground
>would have died otherwise
>i avoided anyways with stand-up
>i am prophet

>And ignoring the subjectivity of that statement, OBJECTIVELY going to the ground is fucking stupid.
bruh if you were a bjj guy and got in "quite a few self defense situations" then you would be preaching 100% bias for bjj/grappling. your One Path is not the best path because you are proving that you believe in this singular ideal which has worked SPECIFICALLY for you when you choose to ignore any other SPECIFICS.
>>
>>36664920
Yeah good job, you're winning until his friends kick you in the side of the head or he pulls out a knife and stabs you while you're looking for an armbar. Yet again, something that has personally happened to me.

Faggy McBJJer double legged my friend right in front of me and started looking for some kind of submission. I literally hooked him in the side of his face and knocked him out in one punch.

Great fuckin art you have there.

And I'm not saying that BJJ is shit, I'm saying its impractical for self defense because it teaches you to do the one thing you should never ever ever do, which is goto the ground. If you know what to do if you find yourself there, thats great, but why rely solely on something like that?

People shouldn't do a lot of things, but they still do and come out fine, that doesn't mean that its fucking smart.
>>
>>36664956
>get punched in a fight
>No fair! you sucker punched me!!!

Were you expecting some kind of anime power-move announcement before getting punched?
>>
>>36664973
>don't take guy to ground
>his friends come out of no where and break all of your limbs anyways

>take guy to ground
>his friends show up
>you run away with all of your limbs intact and don't get crippled for the rest of your life because of whatever stupid shit started the fight
>>
>>36664993
>black people
>>
>>36664956
Situational awareness (around blacks never relax) and commanding presence (savages only respect power and dominance)

Also concealed carry in some type of active retention holster.
>>
>>36664988
>bruh if you were a bjj guy and got in "quite a few self defense situations" then you would be preaching 100% bias for bjj/grappling

No I fucking wouldn't because every single situation I have ever been in has been me vs multiple opponents. I would have been fucking wrecked.

>ot only that but i never said to go to the ground 100% of the time yet you continue to say don't go to the ground 100% of the time which continues to ignore the specifics of my points so you are in a circle right now.
Tell me. For fucks sake. Tell me right now what your other option is. Please. Tell me what a guy who has no striking or weapons or standup training but a great ground game will do OTHER than goto the ground? Throw haymakers like an untrained idiot? Great tactic.

>and if he had pulled out a gun you would have been destroyed. and if someone ran you over you would have been destroyed. and if you got hit by lightening you would have been destroyed

Now you're just being retarded.
>>
>>36664989
Yeah good job, you're winning until his friends kick you in the side of the head or he pulls out a knife and stabs you while you're looking for an armbar. Yet again, something that has personally happened to me.
sucks for you change your game bruh.

>Faggy McBJJer double legged my friend right in front of me and started looking for some kind of submission. I literally hooked him in the side of his face and knocked him out in one punch.
his fault i would have done the same shit to him.

>Great fuckin art you have there.
mirror logic you are the same on the other side.

>And I'm not saying that BJJ is shit, I'm saying its impractical for self defense because it teaches you to do the one thing you should never ever ever do, which is goto the ground. If you know what to do if you find yourself there, thats great, but why rely solely on something like that?
i agree why rely solely on bjj. i would disagree with saying it's impractical. you just said "it's impractical..." "if you know what to do...thats great" which proves that you agreed with what i said in theory. so why do you continue this point when you went against it here?

>People shouldn't do a lot of things, but they still do and come out fine, that doesn't mean that its fucking smart.
point taken and right back at you with your exact scenarios, objectively.
>>
File: 1407504639166.jpg (22 KB, 331x318) Image search: [Google]
1407504639166.jpg
22 KB, 331x318
>>36665010
lol white people just can't fight I guess.
>>
>>36665034
>No I fucking wouldn't because every single situation I have ever been in has been me vs multiple opponents. I would have been fucking wrecked.
you are going refuting the central point with this counterargument. obviously the ideal thing is to strike against multiple opponents. oh no i'm gonna grab him and get kicked in and wrecked.

>Tell me. For fucks sake. Tell me right now what your other option is. Please. Tell me what a guy who has no striking or weapons or standup training but a great ground game will do OTHER than goto the ground? Throw haymakers like an untrained idiot? Great tactic.
hmm let me think. he will go to the ground. this again is refuting the central point and you are adding things in which don't apply to what was stated. i never stated that i agreed with the people who or with the idea of only training bjj and using only that in a fight. we continue this ad hominem bullshit because you attempt to put me in such a structured category in order for your contradicting points to be valid.
>>
>>36662384
Who could've guessed? LOL. Your mum is cucking your dad to some rapefugee as well as your gf getting her ass groped on the train :'D
>>
File: 1441752683640.jpg (19 KB, 332x245) Image search: [Google]
1441752683640.jpg
19 KB, 332x245
>>36662740
lol
>>
>>36661879
Yeah, first fight I had was 11th grade, I was already lifting at that point but I wasn't too serious about it yet. Some asshole was messing with me at lunch so I started talking shit to him and he said to follow him to the back of the school to fight (kek). I didn't think he was serious and I didn't want to be a pussy so I said "okay." We get to the back of the school and the dude swings at me and I somehow block it and land a swing on his cheek or summin. He ran back a little and I chased after him trying to tackle him but I fell and he started hitting me in the head. About 20 seconds later a bunch of guys broke it up and he had some blood under his nose and I was basically unscathed. I've never been in a fight before but I feel that lifting definitely helped me be more stable on my feet and throw a stronger punch.
>>
File: 1459128780386.jpg (33 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1459128780386.jpg
33 KB, 396x385
>>36665187
found the literal nigger
>>
>>36664189
we were just playing bro
>>
>>36665119
They certainly can, they fight stronger and smarter. Blacks rely entirely on adrenaline dump, anomalistic savagery, and terrible decisions. They also have big weak monkey jaws. One good accurate punch and they drop (demonstrated by a lot of worldstar vids).

The problem with whites is cultural, we're raised in a civilized society and that leads to laziness and being sheltered. Blacks and other shitskins are raised in their uncivilized hellholes (they even make hellholes within civilized societies wherever they go) and think that life is a series of tribal wars so they're quick to start being violent. If any white man of reason realized what type of place he's going to be living in in 15-25 years, he'd be wise to prepare for these type of savage encounters on a daily basis, and I guarantee one white man is worth anywhere from 10 to 200 shits, he simply must utilize his strengths.
>>
>>36661879
I think you just get psyched out by the idea of a fight because you haven't been in enough situations where you had to fight. Take a few boxing or MMA classes, learn the proper technique to throw a punch, spar A LOT, and then you'll notice you'll be more fluid and confident in hitting another human being. I boxed for 4 years as dyel teen and then stopped to start lifting. Then I came back to boxing after 3 years of lifting and I noticed I'm actually hurting guys that used to whip me around before I started lifting, so yes lifting does make you hit harder.
>>
Bouncer here, still get that adrenal dump and feel like my ass is dropping out everytime it goes off, I just scream fucking hit him inside my head and it kinda goes away
>>
>>36665306
Don't feel like you need to get into it with some drunk retard, don't take it personal.

Also a stab proof vest is a small investment that could pay off immensely.
>>
>>36665411
Been doing it for a couple years, already got a stab proof aswell
>>
>>36661971
training... not actual fights but what you would do in that situation. (on a bag). once you throw that 1st punch your reflexes and muscle memory come into play.
>>
As a 5'7 ascended ottermode manlet i must resort to devilish tactics in order to have a chance at "winning"

>at the beach being a cunt
>5'10 big guy gets agitated and gets in my face
>pocket sand
>arm lock until he cools down face down in the sand

never fight fair you manlet cunts
>>
>>36663650
Just a bit more polite way of robbing people
Dude approaches you at the street and asks you if you want to buy this brick for 50€ (or whatever currency)
Most people already know whats up so they pay.
If you decline you get beaten and robbed anyway
Pretty popular method in slav countries
>>
>>36665808
5'10 "big guy" kek
>>
I've been in 3 fights my whole life and adrenaline/anger is the only reason I've won. I've been lifting since high school so I've always been strong with a larger frame but I never wanted to fight anyone since I didn't know how to punch.

I found out quickly that if I just grapple the fuckers and take them down to wail on them then everything is alright. Last fight I was in was cause some guy yelled at my mom while I was visiting her at her office and I got so mad that I slammed the guys head into the ground a couple times and they had to get the security guards from the building to get me off him. I don't try to hurt people but once you see red, shit gets crazy
>>
>beat up friend in front of 50+ people for hitting a girl
>see him years later after high school
>he's a tranny now
Welp
>>
>>36666003
YOUKNOWWHATYOUSHOULDDO NOW RIGHT:)
>>
>>36665897

bigger than the big guy himself
>>
>>36661879
2-3 years ago. Bar fight after Watching a ppv fight that ended in an upset. I was talking shit and someone took offense and brought it up out in the parking lot. Kicked him in the dick so hard he lifted off the ground an inch or so or at least he was on his tippy toes. Then after he hit the ground I started kicking his head until my friends told me to stop. Then we left
>>
>>36665878

That's just uncivilized.
>>
File: 1437965751267.jpg (684 KB, 1278x1615) Image search: [Google]
1437965751267.jpg
684 KB, 1278x1615
>>36661879
How much money do you have to invest in combatives?

I say invest in a decent heavy bag and/or a dummy, learn how to throw a punch, learn how to move.

Find a legit MMA academy and train for at least a couple months. Jujitsu/BJJ and Muay Thai are pretty much the best styles to learn.

>BJJ
Learn all about grappling ,getting to ground, what to do when you get there, and the wonders of joint manipulation.

>Muay Thai
Objectively the best striking art in the world, period. Defined by brutality, flexibility, and pragmaticism. You'll learn not just how to punch and kick but how to use your elbows and knees effectively, and how to initiate and abuse the dreaded clinch.

>What's the clinch, anon
Something you don't want to be in if you don't know what it is, basically you lock someone up and knee them in the ribs until they shit bone fragments.
>>
3 fights. Well really only 2. The other i helped out my friend when someone sucker punched him from behind at a party. Anyway so these bolth happend when i was 16. I was a bigger guy. 6'1 260-70 pounds at that point. I had more of a strongman type body i lifted alot and frequently i also did heavy bag workouts off youtube. but my diet was whatever i wanted. Anyway. So the first one was more of a fuck around some senior was talking about how he can fight and shit. I was kind of friends with him so i said alright ill fight you. So skip to lunch period. We had open campus so we went to the park. A few classmates followed. I was kind of nervous but since i used to fight with my brother alot and had experience boxing woih my friends i knew i could win. So we say 2 rules. No bitching about it after and whoever falls first losses. So we get a little bit apart and start. My friend video taped it but i dont have and wouldnt post the video anyways. I didnt account for addrenaline but heres what happend. He ran at me and swung. I hit him with a jab 2 times in the face. He kind of keeled over and dipped his head and blocked. I procceded to punch him in the back of the head a good 5or6 times. He stumbles back and i take a big swing at him. I slip in the mud. And spring right back up. He started saying i fell so he won. I accepted it because whatever idc lol. The next one was a few month later at a party. My friend pulled a robbery on this kid and stole his girl and fucked her out in a hunting blind. Anyway i was in the garage just chilling getting drunk. Then i hear someone yell THERES A FIGHT. We all run i cant make out who it is. It was could barley make out your hand infront of you darkness. I hear my friend say "Anon get this fucker off me" i realised what was going on. So i swing at him and miss (Drunk and really dark lol) he hits me a once then again. Except i grabbed his arm this time. I then pull guard with the fucker arm now wrapped up and in ample position cont....
>>
>>36661879
>yes
>no

Learn to fight.
>>
Lifting will help slightly. Being big and strong and having half decent cardio helps. But not as much as actually training to fight obviously
>>
>>36662188
He'll get tooled if the cunt knows what he's doing though. Especially if he's a flighter.
>>
>>36664956

that's the most retarded fucking reason to not learn i've ever heard.

so you must be white
>>
>>36662619
this is so fucking autistic what
>>
File: nothingpersonnel.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
nothingpersonnel.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>36663602
>>
>>36663700
Then while you're ontop of the person, their friend comes up and kicks you in the head. Nice job now you have permanent brain damage.
>>
>>36664956
The only people who get suckered punched are suckers. It's retarded that you're scared of that. Can't blame you if you're white though.
>>
If you're /fit/ and you are sure the other guy doesn't know how to actually fight, just grab him and throw him to the floor and hit him, there you win.
>>
>>36661879
>beeing over 12 yo
>getting into fights
>>
>>36661879
i always felt the same way when i used to get into confrontations, then one night out someone attacked my mate, and i took a swing at him, and it felt like i was flinging a limp arm at him, but he got knocked out and went down, and later on my knuckle hurt like shit, so even if you feel that way, you're still throwing some hard punches
>>
File: seizure.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
seizure.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>36663620
>>36666655
>>
>>36663425
Yussss
>>
>>36664003
Holy shit the filename
>>
I sometimes punch myself in the face when i get angry and trust me even a weak ass self punch can fuck you up real good
>>
>>36667187
Oh dear god
>>
>>36665234
don't forget the most important part of all - almost every black on white fight involves either one or a couple of white guys and a whole mob of jumped up niggers who will all pile in to attack the white guys as soon as the fight goes south
>>
Got some guy threatening me and he wants a fight, wat do /fit/?

>been lifting a few months
>ohp/bench/squat/deadlift respectively are 60/80/100/120 (kg)
>decent diet
>I'm 6ft, he's 5'7 maybe a bit under
>he doesn't lift
>his diet is probably shit
>he's black, I'm white
>little to no fighting experience, he might have some

Am I overthinking this? It is reasonable to assume I have the complete upper hand in this scenario?
>>
>>36667885

Look him in the eyes at all times. Golliwogs hate that. Do it for Europa lad.
>>
>>36661996
Woody harrelson?
>>
>>36667942
Thanks m8. He's a massive chav and who gets pissed on cheap cider all day so I'm hoping his health isn't the best. Problem is that I know that even in a fucking village in the south he has a bunch of melanin enriched friends who will inevitably wait for me as I walk home from college.
>>
File: spurrorob.png (517 KB, 609x574) Image search: [Google]
spurrorob.png
517 KB, 609x574
>>36667968

You live in England mate?
>>
>>36667187
>gives cpr
>>
Movement is everything. Your jab, combos, defense all start from your movement. If you cant move properly you can't fight.

If you're a big guy with no fighting sport background, the best bet is to have a tight guard in front of your face, get in close, pick the fucker up and slam him to the ground and then go from there.
>>
>>36662149
I feel you, I'm not 6'6 but only 6' but all those wanna be alpha macho refugees make me fucking mad, they all look like they just want someone to fuck them up but I'm quite a beta and I can't afford to get into a fight anyway, shitskins would probably not even get sent back to their shitholes and I I would get a police record or something, I'm sure of that.
>>
>>36667978
Of course mate, Hampshire here. Where you at, fellow Englishman?
>>
File: 1401352903889.jpg (45 KB, 386x500) Image search: [Google]
1401352903889.jpg
45 KB, 386x500
Anyone does Krav Maga?
If so is it worth learning?
>>
>>36663743
Power Bombs are sweet, only ever been in one fight back in highschool because some abo cunt was trying to start shit with my friend group.
He threw a coon swing and I easily ducked it and got him around the waist then picked him up and slammed him.
Didn't throw a punch fight was over after a few seconds, honestly if anyone see's the chance I'd day go for it
>>
>>36661879
Fucking same familia
>>
>>36662038
>beta blockers
Kek
>>
What about white females versus sheboons? They're really aggressive and seem to know how to fight.
>>
>>36666069
Nope not happening
>>
I'm from the balkans so it's impossible not to get into a fight.One time i saved my bro's ass and we took on 7 guys.Since that day i got the nickname bulldog,also because i'm 5'8" and stocky.One thing about fighting is that i never remember what happened and black out.When i come to my senses i see people on the ground and my fists hurt like hell.
>>
>>36668851
Let potatoes give you strength
>>
>>36667885
Don't. Even if you win getting punched is no fun.
>>
File: fW8kLNB.png (66 KB, 845x299) Image search: [Google]
fW8kLNB.png
66 KB, 845x299
Being a trained assassin at the farm & dl'ing 600 lbs does not help you in a fight
>>
Nigger and poor people thread?
>>
>>36661879
Start doing martial arts. Then you will be prepared if you worry about fighting. Ive been doing muay thai for about two years now and im not worried about fighting anymore
>>
>>36667187
Holy shit CPR, really?
>>
>>36663735
If you see them preparing to sprawl stop the tackle and throw an uppercut at the last second
They'll be off balance leaning forward waiting to put their hands on your shoulders with their chin out
>>
>>36663595
>I suckered punch a guy because he said I should stop being a cunt online
>Feels good that people broke the fight cause I would have been ass kicked by someone 40lbs smaller
Whoa...so this is...the power of autism
>>
File: 0900.png (87 KB, 244x217) Image search: [Google]
0900.png
87 KB, 244x217
>>36663249
>(actual bricks, not drugs)
ahahaha fuck man
>>
>>36668066
PUSSY
U
S
S
Y
>>
>>36662819
You sound like a cunt
>>
>>36662619
>I also fought a guy in defense of a bird once
greentext please
>>
>>36661879
It think it helped me, but I had also done fighting training in the army. Mostly the training in the army that helped me.
dont fear if your punches are weak, if you hit face/throat you dont need much power. Just remeber keep hitting until they fall
>>
I got into two fights when I was grade 7.

Both times I lost to a black person who actually knew how to fight. I was just flailing my arms wildly and getting my ass kicked.

The second fight I got beat up by a 5'2 black kid. Shit was fucking embarrassing. Never got into a fight again after that.

Except my little brother but I don't have the balls to really hurt him because I love him
>>
I'm a fucking beta, guys. I've been lifting for a few months and I can't see myself actually getting in a fight.

Got my ass handed to me in highschool when I was fat and tried to defend myself from a bully. Anytime I think about skipping the gym I think back to that moment. I fucking hate being a beta.

I want to be able to defend myself and my girlfriend should something happen. I don't want to feel like I should carry a gun to be able to protect her, but I have no idea how to fight. I normally just try to defuse the situation, but I know I can't always do that. I want to stop being a bitch but I'm not sure how.

Any advice for a beta trying that just stopped being a fatass?
>>
>>36669710
At least you defended yourself man. You can get your ass beat, but at the end of the day, you still put your fists up.
>>
>>36662188
Nah, when you're tall you have to deal with angry manlets who, when drunk, will try to take their insecure rage out on you
>>
>>36663249
>selling bricks
Oh fuck I haven't heard of this since the war, good knowing it's still going on sonewhere
>>
>>36669769
For actual self defense, a handgun beats all the fancy Bruce Lee shit.
For you to feel less of a beta, drink a big whoop of manthefuckupanol every day and practice a sport, preferably martial arts.. At least you tried to defend yourself, you might not be that lost of a case.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.