[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ thing of Stronglifts 5x5? I'm getting a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What does /fit/ thing of Stronglifts 5x5?

I'm getting a lot of conflicting messages from people.
>>
>>36661666

The program isn't terrible, but it could be better (this is the curse of mass-market programs, they can't account for the little tweaks that'd improve things for an individual).

The guy behind it is kind of a jackoff.
>>
>>36661677
What kind of tweaks? Like adding different lifts?
>>
>>36663223
No adding shit is the last thing you want to do for a beginner program.
StrongLifts works great. I had lifted on and off in the past but not really stuck to a real program. Now I'm a little over 3 months into SL and this is my progression:
Squat: 175 -> 240
OHP: 95 -> 120
Deadlift: 205 -> 280
Row: 95 -> 145
Bench: 135 -> 175
Follow the program, deload when your supposed to, add chin-up and dips but only after about a month, eat 1 g of protein / lb bodyweight and you'll make some sick strength gains. I'd say I've got at least another 2-3 months before I've completely stalled out of the program and I'm definitely looking better (even though it's not really an aesthetics program).
>>
File: 1456576765023.jpg (47 KB, 542x671) Image search: [Google]
1456576765023.jpg
47 KB, 542x671
Would you faggots recommend SL 5X5 for a beginner in place of SS?
>>
>>36661666
Just do it. If you work hard you'll get through the program in like 4 months. You can easily dick around for that long trying to find just the right starter routine (voice of experience).

Instead, read up on more complex programs while you grab those newbie gains and by the time you understand what they're trying to do you'll already have a 2pl8 squat.
>>
>>36663397
literally doesnt matter. do sl if youre a pussy and cant power clean
>>
>>36663437
I am a pussy so thanks for the advice
>>
>>36663437
Started sl exactly for that reason good sir
>>
>>36663397
SS involves microloading and power cleaning, two things normies probably aren't interested in doing. SL also involves more reps at your working weight so it'll make you a bit more aesthetic than SS would.
>>
>>36663520
Doesn't it move to 3x5 once the weights get heavier?
>>
>>36663633
SL starts at 5x5 and moves to 3x5 on the second deload
SS starts at 3x5
>>
start with the bar as much as it pains you.

many many moons ago when i started i chose SL and decided I knew better. The program got wayy too hard way too fast and i ended up switching to a PPL at about 3 mos just cause form was shit and i didnt start with bar.

that being said i ended up fine and the program taught me vital bar control which I still have to this day. i went sl to ppl to conjugate method. hope this helps
>>
>>36663437
>do sl if youre a pussy
SL is much harder than SS
5x5 gets hard as fuck before you deload
>>
5 months into SL and my lifts are:
>45-185 squat
>95-225 dl
>45-115 bench
>45-95 ohp

On a cut the whole time so I think i couldve progressed more. Be ready for T-rex mode because you will be squatting 3x a week.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.