[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 1452042981042.jpg (33 KB, 371x360) Image search: [Google]
1452042981042.jpg
33 KB, 371x360
What's the least douchiest way to get a woman's number at the gym?

Also I want to do a heavy lift every single day of the week, is there a routine for this?
>>
>least douchiest

but douchy is good, douchy gets you laid. What you say doesn't matter anyway; it's how you say it that matters.
>>
Is there anything I can do to reduce my thighs from rubbing when I walk? I am currently losing weight but I believe I could do it faster if I could be able to walk more than 3km without getting sore.
>>
>>36660841
>how
elaborate
how do you straight up complement someone without being a creep
>>
>>36660930
literally throw a load of savlon or similar on
>>
I'm a recovering skelly. How fast should I be gaining weight? Currently I'm gaining roughly a pound a week, is that to much or too little?
>>
>>36660930
Try either baby powder or lotion to reduce chafe. You can also double down and use both
>>
Holy shit. Source for OPs pic?
>>
>>36660806
Naturally. If you have a conversation here and there and a moment naturally arises, jump on it. If you're going out of your way to hit on girls at the gym instead of getting big then you're fucking up.
>>
>>36660962
that's about perfect, anon.
>>
>tfw found out ex-wife has cheated on me multiple times
>tfw found out shes fucked some of her "friends"... people that we have hung out with
>>
>>36661030
The anime? To Love-ru Darkness.
>>
File: 1456637858294.gif (3 MB, 287x191) Image search: [Google]
1456637858294.gif
3 MB, 287x191
>>36660806

That pic makes me feel a kind of way.
>>
>>36661059
How old are you man? Shit that sucks...
But
>falling for the marriage Jew

They never learn.
>>
>>36661081
The tweet obviously.
>>
at least ISIS have good taste
>>
>>36661119
It's shopped obviously.
>>
>>36660930
vaseline
>>
>>36660806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAU3SPYFsA
Mental health realted
Do you think trappy will kill himself?
>>
REPOSTING THIS QUESTION FOR THE MILLIONTH FUCKING TIME BECAUSE I KEEP GETTING IGNORED:

My routine is an upper body and lower body split. Should I only do calf work on lower body workouts or should I do them every workout? I'm trying to increase my calf size.
>>
>>36661798
How about you do some real life testing? Believe it or not you can test this out and report back to us with the results. Dont worry you wont die.
>>
Do you prefer Coke Zero or Diet Mtn. Dew on a cut?
>>
>>36661798
I have done both with no discernible difference in effect.

Good luck.
>>
File: egyptian feels.jpg (42 KB, 638x480) Image search: [Google]
egyptian feels.jpg
42 KB, 638x480
When I do pistol squats on my right leg, I get intense pain on the right side of my right calf muscle when I try to push up, and also at the very bottom when I'm coming down.

I don't get any pain in my left leg.

What gives? How do I fix it?
>>
>>36660962
>>36661047
Too fast, honestly. You should only take advice on this from certified ex-skeletons. One pound a week is not going to be one pound of muscle. My first year lifting I gained 1 pound per week (starting at 110) and at least half of it was fat. I know how it feels to want to gain weight asap, but you really don't need more than .75 per week tops. (might not sound like a big difference, but .75 instead of 1 is an easy -13 pounds of fat in 1 year)
>>
I have extreme pain in my upper right forearm. It started at the gym yesterday and I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I wanted to cut it off. Is it golfer's elbow? Or something else?
>>
>Also I want to do a heavy lift every single day of
>the week, is there a routine for this?
Try KS89's intermediate Ppl. You'll be in the gym 6 days a week doing at least 2 heavy compounds a day.
>>
How to hold the bar for front squats? It's either crushing my thumbs against my clavicle or right across my windpipe. My wrists don't seem to go back far enough
>>
>>36662097

Please help
>>
Doing SL, should I order the exercises on B day: OHP, Deads, Squat?

Or OHP, Squat, Dead?

Anyone have input?
>>
>>36662566
Always squat first, it prepares the whole body for the workout like no other exercise. There is a reason it is considered the supreme lift. Read the sticky.
I would probably then opt for OHP, then deadlift.
>>
>>36660806
I have a poor mans homegym, meaning that I ran out of plates and I can't add more weight to my back squat.

Should I do something like 3x10 until im able to buy more plates?
>>
theres like a bruise line on my back from the bar when i was squatting, should I care? it doesn't really hurt but is my form fucked up? Is that why that'ts happening?
>>
shoudl I make a point of getting protein after non-weightlifting forms of exercise, like cardio or HIIT? Asking because I don't usually feel like eating after these but I know of the importance of eating protein after weightlifting
>>
started cutting and am trying to eat balanced meals of p/f/carbs. i feel like i have a headache some times and don't have a lot of energy.

are my cals too low or is it something else? 1800cals @ 190lbs
>>
>>36662586
I read the sticky (been here a while) and I don't remember it saying that

I also read some tips on Greyskull's LP program where it was recommended to always squat last since it will wear you out too much (being an intense full body exercise)

The example used there was that doing squat will tire you out for bench (because leg drive) but doing bench will never tire you out before squat

What do you make of that claim? legit or no
>>
>>36662657
Totally normal, consider it a badge of honor.

>>36662775
If you're bulking, yeah, if you're cutting, no.
>>
>>36660932
Just be a creep, but stop if she seriously tells you to stop. In effect, treat a woman like your prized hound, be kind and loving toward her, but she's here to do what you tell her to do within her abilities. And just like if you demand your dog to play chess with you or other weird shit, she might refuse you and be offended, don't take that personally, and instead try another angle.

People often say "women are bitches", but they actually mean "I'm bad with women". But the truth is, women are bitches, and you can learn a lot about dealing with them if you raise and get along with dogs.
>>
For a relative beginner (been going for two years but on and off, form is on point but weights are low [165 Bench, 225 Squat, 245 Deadlift) is an ABxABxx split fine?
A= Chest/Shoulders/Tris
B= Back/Legs/Bi
>>
Sorry for my probably retarded question, but if the majority of my body is small/skinny, but my stomach is a bit large (IMO), do I cut l, then bulk, or vice versa? In a perfect world I'd like to slim my stomach while growing my arms, chest, and legs, but I have the feeling this isn't that perfect world
>>
>>36660806
>>36660841
Only buttmad virgins think being douchy is a good thing, playfully douchy every now and then is key but being a straight up asshole will only get ugly bitches with no other options.
>>
>>36662133
I have gained 10kg in a year and honestly you don't even have to calculate any of that shit, just eat more.
>>
>>36660806
not getting her snapchat while its still easymode.
>>
Anyone ever try super cissus? Thinking about trying it out to help with some joint/tendon pain. Seems to get pretty good reviews (from usplabs)
>>
>>36661822
This. Experimentation is important since most of the whole lifting journey is finding what works for you.
>>
Is fish oil a fucking scam pls tell
>>
>>36660806
Do I need to do deadlift after my squats?
My back is a little tired when I go for my deadlift. Can I deadlift the next day? I'm stalled at 225x5
>>
How do I stop being a skellington? It's ruining my life
>>
>>36663079
Of course dude, don't try to deadlift if you're feeling down.

You might hurt yourself srs
>>
I feel a terrible compression on my upper spine as I walk out the weight for lowbar squats. Then my whole entire back rounds as I squat down. What form fixes should I do to stop this? I don't have a form check video at the moment.
>>
>>36663160
Thank you man. Should I use a belt? I don't know if I should reach x weight or it's supposed to use it at my 95% PR. (working set weight)
>>
File: spark-new.png (124 KB, 411x206) Image search: [Google]
spark-new.png
124 KB, 411x206
Is advocare spark good?
>>
Can't afford a gym right now. Anything I can do at how to retain muscle while losing fat (currently cutting)

Was wondering if push ups and sits up would be effective
>>
>>36663269
Push ups, sit ups, crunches, squats, burpees, and dedication
>>
>>36663289
Thanks. What would be a good routine for that. Right now I've been currently trying to do sit ups and push-ups three to two times a day. Three sets of how everany reps I can do but I've been kinda LAX on it

Some days I'm just to weak to do push-ups (have NO upper body strength) what would be a good schedule

Like should I be doing them every day or every other day
>>
>>36663213
Don't worry about reaching a certain weight before using a belt. I find it keeps me from experiencing back pain because it allows me to brace harder.
>>
>>36663238
sure man.
>>
>>36663334
When I started it was this

10 pushups
10 sit ups
10 burpees
20 crunches
20 jumping jacks

x3

If your muscle is barely there try
20 jumping jacks
5 push up
5 sit ups
10 crunches
5 burpees

Rest 30 seconds and repeat 5 times
>>
Is too much vitamin c bad?

I fucking love oranges
>>
>>36662992
cut to get rid of gut then bulk then cut again for maximum aesthetics (assuming thats what youre going for)
>>
>>36663491
Thanks a lot. Going to try this routine tonight . might tweak it a bit.

I know I can't do this routine every day. If I do it three times a week will if be effective
>>
>>36663529
No. Vit C is water-soluble so you just piss out whatever you can't use.
>>
File: 1459732032366.jpg (130 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1459732032366.jpg
130 KB, 500x301
>>36663553
Good luck. You're gonna make it
>>
How do you know if you're doing push-ups right ?

I usually feel burn/pain in my upper arms today it's been in my forearms? Am I doing them wrong? Is that normal?
>>
Anyone stacked alphamine with ephedrine?
>>
>>36662972
pls guys
>>
I always read about people learning to love working out, but I just don't get it. I'm a beginner, so I went with stronglifts, which I've been doing for a bit over a month now. I don't feel energetic after working out like everyone describes. What am I doing wrong?
>>
Is /fit/ really the /r9k/ recovery board?
>>
>>36660930

wear tight spandex that goes like halfway down to your knee like the nike pro combat or underarmor ones
>>
Is it bad I swallow my gum?
>>
>>36662972
You should be ok
>>
>>36663787
Thanks, but would full body AxBxAxx & BxAxBxx be optimal?
>>
>>36660806
I've been cutting and it's been pretty successful so far. Down 11 pounds with minimal muscle loss, but I've noticed that I've been losing fat in my face, arms and legs, but not in my torso where most of the fat is located.
I know spot reduction is a myth so I can't really do anything, but is there a reason for this?
If I lose more weight will I finally start to hit my stomach/chest fat?
>>
>>36663722

No. There's no recovery going on here.
>>
>>36663794
From my knowledge it should

>>36663800
Crunches, ab wheel, and push ups should eliminate the fat
>>
>>36660806

currently 5'9" and 145 pounds, about 17% body fat by my estimates. i wanted to cut to 12% (which would be about 136 pounds if i didn't lose any muscle mass) but i constantly feel hungry even now. i look like shit and i'm not making any weight loss progress because i feel like i'm starving by eating only 1500 calories a day with a 2000 calorie TDEE.

given this, is it easier to maintain a healthy bodyfat when you have more muscle? should i just say fuck it and bulk (or try to clean bulk) my way up to 20% then cut to 15%, and repeat this until i'm no longer a skinny fat piece of shit that feels hungry as fuck 24/7?
>>
>>36663820
How many of each should I be doing a day?
>>
is the idea that you can "confuse your muscles" just shitty bro science or is it something real?
>>
>>36662566
I have been running SL for 2.5 months and have been doing
Squat>OHP>Deads
I had a week or so of no squatting to fix some knee pain and it felt terrible doing any other exercises first.
That squat just gets me fucking going man, I love it at the start
>>
>>36663908
Clean bulk until you have enough muscle for a good cut

>>36663909
>>
>>36660806

Does this work?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=280813
>>
>>36660806
Hitting on people at the gym is in and of itself douchey.

Let people workout in peace
>>
>>36663594
Are you new to fitness? If yes than pain/soreness is normal

>>36663708
It's more a emotional thing. Are you lifting because you really want to or are you doing it just to do it? Do you have motivation?
>>
I am 6'4 215lbs

I have lifted for the past 3 years, although with wrestling I always cut and couldn't get big. I look fit but I still am skeletal, I want to get toned while at my walk around weight of 250. What lifting program should I do?
>>
>>36664222
Fuck nigga. I know these feels. I wrestle 152. I want to bulk but I would lose my weight class
>>
I've got the flu. Went to the hospital and they put me on oseltamivir for the next five days. I feel like I am dying and all my body hurts. Can I still workout?
>>
>be me
>autistic kissless virgin
>ask oneitis coworker if she wants to get coffee with me
>she doesn't reply to my email

brehs... how do i get a gf?
>>
>>36664256
No. Rest and drink lots of water. Consider this nature's way of saying "take a break".

>>36664279
Trial and error. In high school I asked out like 20 girls until one finally agreed
>>
>>36664250
With me graduating out of HS and no way im making 197 I'd have to be wrestling at 285. I don't want to get wrecked all through college
>>
>>36664256
Internal med physician here. Yes, you'll be fine. Substitute valocyclovir 1000s 1 tab, PO QD instead and alternate water / sports drink
>>
>>36664295
I'm graduating this year too. I might try 160 in college
>>
>>36664303
Gr8. Gonna stay on oseltamivir tho, since it's free. Thanks mang.
>>
>>36664315
Which division is the school youre going to?
I'm doing D2, although I won't be able to wrestle varsity my first year because I didnt take enough electives
>>
>>36664222

6'4 at 210 doesn't sound skeletal? Pics?
>>
File: GM.jpg (47 KB, 433x611) Image search: [Google]
GM.jpg
47 KB, 433x611
>>36664335
>>
>>36664332
Division 1. I hope I make it
>>
>>36664350
Not really skeleton. More like skinny fit
>>
>>36664381
Did you talk to the coaches yet or is that how you got in?
I just got accepted academicly and going to be a walk on.
>>
>be leg day with new gymbro
>I've been training for 6 months and bro just started coming with
>doing squats and bro tries to go a little too hard
>warn him that he should go lighter weight and focus on form and working his flexibility so he can do more than 1/2 ROM
>he struggles on a few reps but no big deal
>doing weighted crunches and gymbro begins complaining about his back
>decides to go to ER today and discovers his hip is dislocated
>doc says it happened because of squatting below parallel

So my question is, is consistently squatting AtG risky for your hips or knees, or was it likely just because gymbro is still weak and pushed himself too hard?
>>
>>36664421
So instead of asking the doctor you literally waited to come and ask here?
>>
>>36663551
Is the sticky guide for cutting good for this, or is there anything specific I should be doing?
>>
Anyone know how to deal with stretch marks? Been getting them around my pits since my bulk
>>
>>36664394
I have my father's gi bill and I was able to talk to the coaches about it. I have a 95% chance of making it. It doesn't pronise I'll be the official 152 or whatever but I will practice and train. Who knows I might make official
>>
>>36664452
good luck bro
>>
Long story short, I lifted for a good amount of time, left the fat world behind and gained a bit of muscle. Lifted on and off but there's been a massive gap of time since I have been able to. Should I just start from SS again? Pic not related
>>
>>36664489
Nah dude, if you believe you already have decent muscles, then just do your normal routine, muscle memory is real
>>
>>36664442
yeah the sticky should definitely help. if there are any questions it doesnt answer then just ask around /fit/. preferably these threads to avoid meme responses
>>
I don't have experience with this so help me out fellas.

Got the flu 5 days ago. Headache, nausea and pain in the legs stopped today/yesterday. Now my only symptoms are a running nose, general fatigue and a dry cough.

Is it OK to go train already? Or should I wait even longer. I don't want to fuck my body up.
>>
I'm currently going to the gym 5 times a week, but when calculating TDEE, are you not supposed to factor in the days you work out?
>>
>>36664535
Someone already asked this.
>>36664256
>>36664303
>>
File: misfit o clock.png (725 KB, 947x669) Image search: [Google]
misfit o clock.png
725 KB, 947x669
Is suffering DOMS a good thing?

Could of swear that in PE they taught us that if you are experiencing micro tears as you start you then you means you are doing a good job.
>>
>>36664288
but i don't know that many grills.
>no friends

i'm 0 for 2 in asking girls out. feels bad man
>>
>>36662963

I'm pretty sure you mean "women are people, and sometimes people are bitches", because a lot of people are douches or bitches or whatever you want to call them. Doesn't matter what sex. Because your focus is women, and because what you're trying to get from women is a limited resource that you don't always get, you've decided to label them all bitches for not giving it to you as easily as you want.
>>
>>36664554
Pretty sure doms is just a chemical buildup in the muscle and you don't really feel muscle tears unless your shit is snapped up.
>>
>>36662963

Also I would say you can learn a lot about how to get along with men AND women raising dogs because you get the best results getting people to work with you and that involves ingratiating yourself and showing love or at least attention. You're doing the same shit with men, you've just decided to look down on women.
>>
>>36662963
Lastly, there is no such thing as an "alpha male" in humans. You're just living a weak little fantasy that is a cover for the fact that you're a manipulative asshole. It's also the reason you can be a manipulative asshole and feel okay about it: it gets you the results you want and winning = all there is, right? lol
>>
>>36664553
Hm I wonder if that applies to me. I've already been through the worst of it since I got sick on Friday and it's Wednesday here today and my body is actively fighting the disease. Is the virus actually still replicating in any significant form?
>>
File: IMAG0899_1.jpg (189 KB, 1246x1420) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0899_1.jpg
189 KB, 1246x1420
Bulk or cut? Skeleton but gut, basically the question >>36662992 had but with a picture

6'0
~150
Weak as fuck, 15s are my default for dumbbells
>>
File: IMAG0903_1.jpg (137 KB, 1274x1163) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0903_1.jpg
137 KB, 1274x1163
>>36664684
Also tried of my weird pecs, will doing chest exercises at this point help, or just make them look like boobs? (In comparison to the rest of my body)
>>
I've been getting less sleep on ZMA's than when i wasn't on them.
taking them before bed. am i swallowing them wrong or what?
>>
Is greyskull gonna be a better program than SS or SL for someone who does a lot of long distance endurance work? Any accessories I might add?
>>
>>36664436
Uh I never went to the doctor dude, my gymbro did, and he said the doc just said it happened because he went below parallel.

Learn to reading comprehension dumbass.
>>
>>36664684
>>36664696
Try something called lifting.
>>
File: 1456214011355.jpg (43 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1456214011355.jpg
43 KB, 409x409
>>36664815
>>
>>36664839
Okay, here is a serious reply. How long have you been lifting?
>>
File: rear delts.png (204 KB, 317x338) Image search: [Google]
rear delts.png
204 KB, 317x338
didnt see this

I've been trying to work on my rear delts because I've been neglecting them to the point where my front delts look hilariously bigger. I looked up this exercise I could do, but I found that I've been struggling to get the motion down.
I was wondering if you guys knew how to achieve the motion in the picture. Currently, I can only go as far as the yellow line, but I'd like to be able to reach the green one.

Any ideas on some stretches I could do to fix this? CAN stretches even fix this, or are my tri's getting in the way or something?
>>
File: 1453062652990.jpg (125 KB, 1023x1448) Image search: [Google]
1453062652990.jpg
125 KB, 1023x1448
>>36660841
i feel like it's more confidence than douchiness. you can be a super polite, fun person. you just can't be a fucking spaz about it.

>>36660806
my advice is to find a girl you see often enough at the gym, goes at around the same time as you. if you actually want a fucking "tactic" or something to get to talking to her, I'd usually walk up and be like "hey! where do I know you from? I swear we had a class together, or something." she'll say no, I apologize, say I didn't catch her name, etc.

then just do a really fucking casual wave when you see her from then on. you'll eventually get the balls to go up and talk to her again and it'll be more comfortable. just talk about life and shit, I don't know. her job, studies, weather, etc. get to know her and don't be an autist about it

basically just the confidence when you do talk to her that first time matters the most

don't be like "uh... hey, d-do I know you?"
almost act like her gay friend or something the first time you talk to her. just be genuinely happy/excited to meet the hoe

fuck me I guarantee everyone on this board will disagree. everyone probably thinks its about being "alpha" and shit, but it's just confidence, being a genuinely fun/interesting person, and having a genuine interest of getting to know the person. it's honestly the easiest way to end up getting a number and meeting someone
>>
I've been doing SS for a month now with steady progress, but suddenly my lower back has been in a lot of pain when doing squats/DL, like right around the lumbar area.

Basically I have to keep my back straight when doing squat or else I'll feel intense pain.

It's bad enough that it's inhibiting me from making gains in DL for fear of blowing out my back.

Is it bad posture, bad form, or both?
>>
>>36662886
Golly gee. I would probably still opt for squats first since it says to do so in Starting Strength... I can't recall the reason why though. It's been a while since I had access to the book, so it looks like you may have called my bluff. Your reasoning sounds fair to me.
>>
>>36660806
Weightlifting after donating blood. How bad of an idea?
>>
so is pizza a good bulking food? ive been on a cut so long i dont know what food to eat
>>
I may have to travel a lot for a job I'm applying for, around 50 to 70% of the time.

I travel light, does NSA give you shit for things like protein powder in your carry on? Anyone have experience?
>>
>>36661870
knee is probably bending inward or your foot is sliding outward
>>
File: 1459885061069.png (316 KB, 366x537) Image search: [Google]
1459885061069.png
316 KB, 366x537
If I want to build endurance by cardio, what would be a optimal mile progression per every other week?

Should I incorporate inclines in my runs?

How often should I run a week?
>>
>>36665203
You're working for the NSA?
>>
>>36665250
run until you drop

then when you wake up run home
>>
>>36660806
be strait up, say "I know this is a bit douchie and cliché but I'd love to get your number and take you out. problem is I won't see you anywhere but here.... so how about it?"
>>
>>36665254
No not working for them but will have to travel by plane a lot so I have to go through security often.

Will be traveling enough by plane that the job will cover for the pre-TSA security clearance so I get to go through the cut in front of everyone line.
>>
File: 1342123797096.jpg (107 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
1342123797096.jpg
107 KB, 424x600
Is coffee bad for gains? I knock back an average of four cups a day, with maybe half a tablespoon of sugar in each.
>>
>>36665320
Oh, well to answer your question:

You can just have it in a ziploc bag on your carry on. If they ask about it, they'll swab it and test it and in 30 seconds they'll let you on board. Powders are allowed on planes.
>>
>>36665368
Coffee has caffeine and believe it or not people begin to get addicted to it. When you don't drink coffee for a while your body will go through withdrawal. In my opinion, I feel like I don't need it so I can get up in the morning and just go, but I know a few friends who can't do anything without a cup of coffee to start their day. If you're fine with that it's up to you, it's just personally not what I want for myself.
>>
>>36665380
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>36660930
Rub Icey Hot on your inner thigh by your groin. Don't be afraid to get it up in there
>>
I think I've had a knot in my back for the better part of a week now. I want it to go the fuck away. I've been foam rolling, heating, cooling, doing fucking anything.

What the hell do I need to do so I can lift again?
>>
>>36665484
not be a pussy
>>
>>36665502
fuck off nigger, this shit makes it painful to fucking stand up straight.
>>
>>36665484
take a week off. it may be an erector muscle. i have an erector muscle issue that i ignored for a year and now i have days where it hurts to walk. if it persists after a week off, consider going to a chiro or a pt. real talk. don't. risk. your. back. muscles.
>>
>>36665556
It'll have been a week tomorrow. The last time I lifted was Friday though.
>>
I can't progress properly on bench because I don't have a gymbro when working out. It's sad but whatever. So I decided to substitute the bar with dumbbells. I-is that okay?

Also I read or heard somewhere that dumbbell benching may actually make your chest more proportional. Is this a meme or just a silly fact?
>>
>>36665581
I'd consider going to a massage therapist or a chiro or a PT. Again, you'd be shocked at how many activities are restricted from a fucked up back. Walking, jogging, bending. Sucks dude. Hope you feel better, fr.
>>
>>36665240
How would I watch for and stop those things?
>>
>>36664786
Bump
>>
I've been doing a 6 days a week PPL for two and a half months now. Gotten my lifts up out of holocaust skeleton mode, but my OHP is stuck at 107 pounds. Seems like on push days I can choose to sacrifice progress on bench or press, because I'm not gonna move up weights in both. What should I do? Make workout A for strength and workout B for volume? Swap OHP onto leg day? Just deload and quit bitching?
>>
I'm buying this as a squat rack, but would it work for a bench, too?
>>
>going to the gym for girls
you just support the claim that girls are gains goblins.
>>
What's a good pre-run snack for a pescetarian?
>>
>>36666088
Banana
>pescetarian
Why would you even specify this

>>36666024
Forgot your link/pic

>>36665870
If strength is your goal, do a strength routine
You could also do Chest&Tri Back&Bi Legs&Shoulders Rest (ABCx)

Make sure your form is good too. Form check is always helpful

>>36665591
Do you go to a gym? Ask literally anyone for a spot, people are happy to help with that shit
Or bench in a rack and use safeties

>>36665250
Run for time
Then run for speed over a distance
Ease into it or you'll fuck your legs up
Run as often as your schedule/goals allow

It would help a lot if you described where you're at now

>>36665148
Everything is a good bulking food
IIFYM

>>36665030
Post form check
Stretch
Deload and work back up
Consider a belt

>>36664924
Rear delt flies, face down on a bench
Face pulls
Pull aparts

General mobility

>>36664786
Try SS at first. When gains stop/slow, switch,
Reading the book helps a lot, even with greyskull

>>36664684
You're not going to accomplish shit with just 15 lb DBs
Goto a gym or incorporate a lot of calisthenics, you need progressive overload to achieve anything

>>36664554
Read the fucking sticky
DOMS doesn't mean shit, just you adapting to a new workload

>>36664538
Every calculator tends to overestimate calories burned
Any counting is going to take some degree or trial any error anyways, with slight adjustments to get the right rate of weight gain/loss that is aimed for.

Just put sedentary or light exercise and go trial & error from there. You should know how fastr you should be gaining/losing over a week or two and readjust based on those figures

>>36664489
If your lifts are shit, just do SS
It's literally the fastest way to make gains, why would you not do it (or a similar template) if you are still able to achieve linear progression?

>>36664421
It's perfectly safe to squat ATG if your mobility allows it
Jumping right into it and trying to go heavy immediately is fucking retarded for any type of exercise
>>
>>36660806
what's /fit's/ opinion on sumo stiff legged deadlifts for building hamstring without putting your lower back at risk?
>>
I'm 5'7-5'8, weigh about 135-140 atm.

I'm not aiming to be a bodybuilder but want to have some mass. I'm always curious how there are guys like Jose Altuve - a 5'6 baseball player who is 160?

I'm assuming things like HGH are used for recovery in most elite athletes, but how does someone put on that much mass whilst not looking massive and being fairly cut?
>>
File: 12453.jpg (2 MB, 1896x3264) Image search: [Google]
12453.jpg
2 MB, 1896x3264
Would bulking at a 300 surplus be a good idea? I've been cutting for a while and I'm basically skinny fat right now at 5'10'' 154. Arms and everything else are small as fuck and the weight I'm moving ain't that impressive either but at the same time I'm pretty high in body fat.
>>
>>36666281
>Why would you even specify this
So the person knows what he is allowed to eat.
>>
>>36666418
motherfucker you've got a muffin top. Now is no time to be bulking. You're still like 18% fat.
>>
>>36666452

if I keep going I'll look like I escaped from auschwitz, ain't got no muscle either bro
>>
>>36666470
YOU STILL LIFT ON A CUT DUMBASS.
>>
>>36660806
I'll be going to gym in some days,will be doing full body work out my problem is that I will be riding on my bicycle to gym, then to work and then home.

Will this affect my gains ? Can I ride with my bike and still get time for my legs to recover ?
>>
Is keto just low carbs or low carbs as a percentage of your daily calorie intake?
>>
>>36666593
the same thing?
>>
>>36660806
God damn does ISIS have shit taste.
>>
>>36666593

Super low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Like, 30g/day or less of carbs.
>>
>>36666626
Not necessarily.
>>
Is it advisable to lose a large amount of weight (40kg~) in a year, never eating at or above maintenance for the entire period?

Or should I take a breather somewhere by eating at maintenance for a while before continuing again?

Psychologically and in terms of loose skin its all going fine, just wondering if it is bad for my health to do it all in one session.
>>
I want to fuck ugly fat women

What can i say to people to not ruin my reputation?
>>
>>36666497
Anyone ?
>>
>>36661119
twitter
whatja think dumbo
>>
>>36667001
Yea, it will effect muscle recovery to some extent
I would just do PPL and not ride on leg days
>>
>>36660806
Body of a spartan is the routine you are looking for
>>
File: 1459425842213.jpg (30 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
1459425842213.jpg
30 KB, 300x284
how to create proper 2 days a week routine?
i'm intermediate with few years of training SL and decent stats
>>
>>36667013
>to some extent
But it's not gonna be much ?
Because I love biking and I wouldn't like giving it up the day after gym.
>>
>>36667054
It wont really, not unless you're mountain biking for hours

I made really sick gains when i was in the ADF and we ran for like 2 hours a day then did body weight strength training for another hour. All of the sf guys i met where fokken juicy and they literally do 4 hour training sessions.
>>
I'm a 300lb fatass. Should I start lifting now while also eating at a deficit or should I get down to like 230 or so and then start lifting?
>>
Guys who started off skinny and lean bulked, how quickly did you make gains and what calorific surplus did you find worked?
>>
>>36667142

300 calories and you should see clear visible gains within 3 months of starting weight lifting. As far as how significant those gains are gonna be it depends on too many things to predict. Just eat right, lift consistently and right and most of all have lots of patience. Bodybuilding, as a natty especially, takes a shitload of time. You put the work in...the results will follow.
>>
>>36667088
Thanks pal, will keep in mind to not go so hard in the rest days.
>>
Hey just finished SS and my lifts are currently

OHP = 60kgx5
BP = 85x5
Squat = 140x5
Deadlifts = 155x5

What do I do from here? I've looked into doing Madcows, however it seems quite heavy on Squatting (everyday squat day), whereas I'd sort of like my other lifts (in particular Deadlifts and bench, and also arms) to catch up a bit, whilst putting my legs on hold.

any suggested routines or alterations to my routine

A(mon)xB(wed)xA(fri) next week:BxAxB
A:
-squat
-ohp
-pendlay row
-pull ups

B.
-Diddly
-Bench
-Arm work

I no longer seem to be getting gains on this
>>
>>36667137
Definitely start lifting now, by the time you've slimmed down to 230 you could be diddlylifting almost 4plate
>>
>>36665424
DON'T DO THIS IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS
>>
>>36667236
Then it's set. I'll start lifting on Monday. Should I do SS or Stronglifts 5x5? I was leaning toward SL 5x5 because it has a convenient app but IDK.
>>
>>36665368
stop putting fucking sugar in your coffee, it makes you worse and it makes the coffee worse.

drink your coffee black the way god intended it and it will be pretty much a wash. Caffeine can be a slight boost or a slight drain, dehydration and blah blah you can do your own fucking research, but it's not going to be a huge difference unless you keep having women's coffee or don't exercise because you couldn't sleep or some other excuse
>>
>>36667262
At 230 and a novice lifter power cleans are a little awkward, to say the least. SL eventually becomes SS with barbell rows anyways, so do that.
>>
I read that for SS I should be resting 5 minutes in between sets, and that's not including the warmup sets. I think this is too much rest time to do in the gym that I look like I am hogging the squat rack all to myself. What do I do?
>>
>>36667450

Rest as long as you need. Odds are you don't require five minutes at this point (and you may never).
>>
>>36661798
Depends
Are u doing lower twice a week ?
Then just up the volume, like 3x20 really get that burn in
If ur only doing lower once then yes, do them on upper to
>>
>>36663574
Thought that was an ISIS flag behind for a second
>>
>>36667033
>proper
>2 days
pick 1
>>
>>36665368
>drinking sugar
hahahahahahaha never gonna make it
>>
>>36663594
There are various ways to do pushups. Each type of pushup uses different muscles to a different extent.

As a beginner you will feel the burn in places you did not expect because those places are underdeveloped. As you progress you will feel it in different muscles.
>>
>>36660806

Semi-related to OP: see a fit grill's thong whale-tailing. what do?
>>
>>36664906
I've never really had a set plan or done it over a long period, so I'd say a week or two, although that week has just been push-ups, sit-ups, and curls (which is why I'm now lurking /fit/ threads, trying to soak up all the knowledge and find a proper course of action to save myself)
>>
i cant sleep because im obsessed with gym gains fuck
>>
I am currently moving away from skinnyfat with SS but progress has been slow
I eat pretty healthy everyday, good carbs and vegetables but should I go above my diet, count calories?
I am adding weight too slowly and sleeping to little, how important is sleep for my gains
>>
File: 1459915842084.png (278 KB, 706x412) Image search: [Google]
1459915842084.png
278 KB, 706x412
>>36667713
>implying everybody is neet
>implying 2 is not enough for natty

get a load of this guy
>>
>>36667913
>how important is sleep for my gains
Very
>>
Is there any negative to doing only dumbbell press over bench press? I don't have a spotter...
>>
>>36668055
go after hrs and bench in the cage?
>>
is the afterburn effect a meme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFeb4CgBiE8&nohtml5=False
>>
>>36660806
>What's the least douchiest way to get a woman's number at the gym?
Find one of the girls who are only there for attention, they won't mind.
>>
>>36664570
>>36664591
>>36664608

Roast post: the trilogy
>>
I am having a challenge with my friend to see how many chin-ups we can do in a month. I am training three times a week, yesterday I did a total of 100 in sets of 7's mostly, today I have already done 70 and was planning on doing at least 70 more.

However I want to build muscle mass too, so next week on monday should I do like 100 chin-ups with added weight or should I just aim to doing longer sets?

So I guess basically my question is does 7 reps of chin-ups with added weight build more muscle than say 12 reps of body weight chin-ups?
>>
>>36660806
Why would you need her number? You're standing right fucking next to her. Just ask her to come have coffee with you later that day near location X at XX:XXpm
>>
>>36668450
whats your 1 rep max?
>>
>>36668492
With chin-ups it's probably 15
>>
If I get banned, am I just banned from posting or also from viewing?
>>
File: 1438990490471.jpg (607 KB, 2000x3008) Image search: [Google]
1438990490471.jpg
607 KB, 2000x3008
would reducing carb intake and increasing fat provide more fullness throughout the day on a cut?

Currently I eat around 160g protein a day, 150g of carbs, and only ~50g fat. Curious if reducing carbs to ~100g and replacing those calories with fat would help make me less hungry throughout the day.
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 800x1808) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 800x1808
My core is shitty cause I fell for the "squat and deadlift is l you need for abs" meme. Anyone have any good core routines?
>>
>>36668608
Probably not. Since fats are more calorie dense, you would be eating less volume. On a cut, you would be better off eating more things like tons of veggies to increase fullness.
>>
I'm doing PSMF as in lyle McDonald's book on the level 1 or whatever it is 12 day diet then back to maintenance. Why are my shits black? On day 10 now.
>>
>>36668682
Planks and hanging leg raises are all you need but learn a perfect form for the latter and take it easy in the beginng
>>
>>36668742
Thanks senpai
>>
>>36668606
Anyone know? Been looking it up but it seems like it's just from posting. Hoping someone can give a more definite answer.
>>
>>36668726

I'm speaking more throughout the day though.

High volume carbs just leave immediate fullness and typically blows over for me within 2 hours. I know that still sounds like a reasonable amount of time, and it's not really a bother to me cuz i space meals appropriately, but I'm just curious if replacing a good chunk of carbs with some fats would make the days a little easier.
>>
>>36662109
You could try using straps, look it up
>>
>>36662109
Move your hands to the outside of your shoulders. The bar should have five points of contact: upper chest,each shoulder, and both hands. Your upper chest and shouldersupport most of the weight with your hands just there to control balance.
>>
>>36662566

I started SL 2.5 months ago, always stuck to the order within the app.

I did however find that once I injured my soleus and had to stop squatting, my OHP felt alot more comfy and improved easier.

Not sure if I would move squats later though, by the time I was squatting 90kg, it was taking a hell of a lot out of me, and I would probably fall back if it wasn't my first lift.
>>
>>36663165

You need to strengthen your back and core. Do deadlifts if you aren't already and switch to front squats for a few weeks.
>>
>>36668608
I've recently stopped eating carbs except around workouts.

Workout at 6am, wholegrain piece of toast with pb before, oats after.

Rest of the day is protein and fats.

I personally love it, I'm feeling a lot lighter and leaner despite not reducing calories, I don't feel bloated after food and then on a real energy low a few hours later. Eating out is easier too, basically steak or chicken with salad.

Use carbs as rocket fuel around exercise and see how that goes.
>>
>>36668884

sounds really appealing especially when you mention the loss in bloating.

only bummer will be replacing my second bowl of my beloved oats for the day
>>
>>36668922
You'll probably end up eating less volume in food but more pork, beef, nuts, butters ect so has its advantages.

Try it and see if it works, if after a few weeks it doesn't try something else, nothing to lose fampai.

Also means you don't have to make a daily thread defending keto.
>>
I haven't lost any weight these past few weeks (on a cut though) but I definitely look and feel leaner. Why do I not weigh less then?
>>
I'm on a cut but my arms are shit. If I bulk on arms day and cut the rest of the week, will that work or am I just completely retarded?
>>
>>36668608
If personally prefer to eat less fat because as it's so dense in calories I feel like I'm eating less, even though I don't get hunger pangs as much. I like to feel like I'm eating a lot even if it's the same amount of calories. It's not about the physical hunger for me, but the mental if that makes sense. My body may not feel hungry but I still want to eat more. I'm a fat kid at heart.
>>
>>36668682
Try side bends too for obliques. Grab a plate and bend to the side basically, using your abs to pull back up. God tier.
>>
>>36669122
It's overall calories at the end of the week that really matter. All the calories you have in a given week, at the end of it are you eating over or under maintenance? Don't spin your wheels and focus on a goal. What matters more to you right now, being leaner or getting bigger arms?
>>
>>36669175
Under maintenance. Dang man, I want my abs back but I want decent arms as well. Since winter is coming I may as well do a small bulk 6 week bulk and absolutely smash my arms
>>
>>36669222
You can cut pretty fast, just lean out a bit more then bulk for the arms.
>>
>>36669281
Yeah might just cut for another week then start a small bulk, then cut, then maintenance and repeat

On that note, I've never tried PHUL before and wanna give it a go but is it better than a 6 day brosplit?
>>
>>36669323
Any popular and frequently recommended program is better than a brosplit, especially for a beginner/intermediate.
>>
Some evenings I have to stay up till midnight on call, I workout at 6am so pretty tired and aware I need more sleep really.

Should I eat a little more on these nights? Normally I'm asleep by 9.30ish so dinner at 6 and a light meal before bed is good, but by midnight I'm pretty hungry.

Is there anything to show calories should be increased if you're staying up longer?
>>
On a cut is it better to have a larger deficit and cut quicker or go slower, so as to maintain strength and muscle? I only have maybe 6 lbs to cut but I don't want to take more than a month or two, at the same time I don't want to lose strength or muscle.
>>
File: 1458747799311.jpg (49 KB, 533x791) Image search: [Google]
1458747799311.jpg
49 KB, 533x791
I twisted my ankle while walking my dog yesterday. It's not swollen but it does hurt to walk on it, so obviously lifting is out right now. Would swimming be an ok activity due to the low impact, or would I be better off just chilling until it doesn't hurt?
>>
Creatine: will it make me go bald faster? I just found this out and am considering cutting it out.
>>
>>36660806
1) Man up, approach qt, compliment her gainz, ask if she wants to grab a coffee etc, get number. I dont know why people have an issue with this.
2) Bulgarian method. But not for the faint hearted. Their philosophy with it is take a bunch of young dudes, make them max out every day, the strong will profit, the weak will be destroyed from joint problems and/or death by barbell
>>
>>36669627
Naw its broscience. Dudes go bald due to taking anabolics etc, then blame it on the creatine to preserve their fake natty status
>>
File: 1458404628279.jpg (356 KB, 1339x847) Image search: [Google]
1458404628279.jpg
356 KB, 1339x847
>>36660806
Talking to women when they are in their comfort zone is literally rape, misogynist pig.
>>
If I can do 10-8-8 reps on dips, should I add weight or keep on going until it is 10-10-10?
>>
I'm a 6'2" skeleton at 172 lbs and I am trying to get in around 3400 kcal a day, what are some good foods I can make at home that are protein dense/calorie dense?

I already eat a shit ton of oatmeal and pb&j for carbs, and a lot of peanuts and milk and shit but it is still tough for me to make 3400.
>>
Skinnyfat here bulking. I am getting good gains but also some fat, when do I know its time to stop bulking? also my biceps veins is starting to pop out, that's a good sign right? kind of doesn't make sense since I am bulking and I heard you lose vascularity when bulking but I am gaining it.
>>
Why is it I either lose a lot of weight, or none at all?

In 11 days, I dropped 3kg by eating below what IIFYM told me to eat to safely lose fat, then in the past 6 days, I've eaten the amount it said I should eat (~500 below maintenance) and my weight has been 77.2kg consistently.
>>
>>36662882
I can get this from not being hydrated enough when I'm cutting, but what are your carb levels at?
>>
I started lifting last august doing a shitty brosplit routine (I started squatting 4 months ago, deadlifting a month ago) so I kinda started liking squatting etc. and thought about doing a whole body workout, but I still want to do my abs, calves, biceps and triceps.
What to do?
>>
>>36662882
Give a summary of your diet on an average day.

Are you eating enough fiber too? Drink a lot of water.

Or maybe you started cutting recently and your body's just getting used to it. I'm fine now, strength levels great and don't even feel like I'm cutting but when I started a month ago my energy was verrrry low, headaches and hunger pangs and everything.
>>
What HIIT routines are good for cutting? I've been doing "30 second sprint, 30 second walk for 15 minutes" for a few weeks now, and it doesn't feel like I'm getting much out of it.
>>
>>36671778
Try shorter rests sessions than all out sessions.

So instead of 30:30, do 60:30. Just keep lowering the time you rest when you get used to it.
>>
I can only lift twice this week due to a driving lesson in the evening messing up my usual weds/fri/sun routine. Should I do 4 sets instead of 3 tomorrow and saturday to make up for it?
>>
>>36671793
Thanks, that makes sense.
>>
Is Carbs - Fiber = Total Carbs a meme?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.