[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Energy Drinks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: product-original-161.png (170 KB, 177x435) Image search: [Google]
product-original-161.png
170 KB, 177x435
I know energy drinks are unhealthy, but do they at least give you energy?
>>
>>36660122
they've got electrolytes
>>
I drink one on leg day
>>
File: 20517.gif (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
20517.gif
31 KB, 400x300
>>36660122
>>
>>36660122
Yes, in the short term.

I only drink them if I'm driving a long distance and don't have any coffee.
>>
>>36660122
Heh, they aren't even totally unhealthy. When you take into account everything else we eat, and actually analyse the ingredients. Depending on which one you drink, they aren't even very high in sugar. I've been drinking the monster rehab cans near daily since my freshman year of high school. Id just be careful if you have heart problems or anything if you're taking them right before a workout.
>>
>>36660122
And well. I wouldn't call it energy in the traditional sense, you won't be bouncing off the walls and hyper so much as more alert and confident in your ability to get shit done. I'd only work out on caffeine as soon as you know how it affects you in a rested state though. And i wouldn't drink them daily, because withdrawal can be shit if you get addicted, and believe it or not you can get addicted without even knowing it!
>>
>>36660248
Youre a retard
>>
>>36660248
>they aren't even totally unhealthy
>I've been drinking them near daily
B R A I N W A S H E D
R
A
I
etc
>>
>>36660317
B-but they haven't affected gainz. And isn't that all that matters??
>>
>>36660122
Most only have 140-160 mg of caffeine in them now, basically 1.5 cups of coffee worth. Then some B vitamins you're likely not deficient in, and taurine. The worst thing in an energy drink is the sugar. You can get the zero cal ones to negate even that.

But for whatever reason, they've built up this reputation as being insanely bad for you. If you go into work with a large Starbucks coffee (400 mg), nobody bats an eye. But if you have two Redbulls (280 mg) people freak out. "Omg ur heart is gonna explode brah!"

Energy drinks are essentially a cup of coffee with added B vitamins, and sugar that you probably don't need. They might pick you up a bit, but nothing more than that.
>>
File: vpx_bang_rtd.jpg (29 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
vpx_bang_rtd.jpg
29 KB, 512x512
Check it
>>
>>36660161
Its got what plants crave.
It's got lectrolites
>>
>>36662842
Ha idiocracy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.