[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soy protein isolate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 10529701-1494357593668949.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
10529701-1494357593668949.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
Pic related,So I'm now lactose intolerance, any body here used soy protein isolate, if so what kind of results did you get, does it compare to whey?
>>
use anything but soy
>>
What's the best alternative?
>>
>>36659124
pea protein is popular this time of year
>>
I'll check it out, thanks
>>
Soy is bad, soy protein isolate is fine. It has the exact same US Food and Drug Administration Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score score as whey (both perfect). Do you doubt the USFDAPDCAAS?
>>
>>36659059
>lactose intolerance
As I'm sure you know, lactose is a sugar, not a protein, so there's no reason to lactose to be present in a whey protein supplement. You might do some searching on message boards for other anti-lactites who've found whey brands that do a good job of getting the lactose out of their whey.
>>
>>36659059
Enjoy your gyno
>>
>>36659222
>isolate

Due to the aforementioned ethanol (alcohol) extraction[12], the protein supplements tend to have very low isoflavone content (as the isoflavones remain in the alcohol solution). Typically around 0.05mg/g or 4% of the initial value of the soybean.[11][13][14]

For men worried about isoflavone content and possible estrogenic side effects, soy protein concentrate is the option to seek. Caution should be taken to ensure that the selected brand of soy protein concentrate has been heat treated to eliminate trypsin inhibitors, as they may still be active.
>>
>>36659279
Just like there's no reason for lactose to be in a whey protein supplement, there's no reason for phytoestrogens to be in a soy protein supplement.
>>
>>36659308
This process does not undergo further ethanol extraction, and thus still has isoflavone content. Due to the first hexane extraction where oil was removed from the soybean (prior to the formation of 'white flakes'), the Soy Protein Isolate does not have 100% of the isoflavone content of soybeans, but around 38-46% (or 0.5-0.6mg/g).[11][1]
>>
>>36659334
oh yeah? well:

A 2010 meta-analysis of fifteen placebo-controlled studies said that "neither soy foods nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable testosterone concentrations in men."[34] Furthermore, isoflavone supplementation has no effect on sperm concentration, count or motility, and it leads to no observable changes in testicular or ejaculate volume.[35][36]!

No seriously I was no aware of that. Interesting.
>>
>>36659364

It doesn't lower testosterone; it binds to and activates estrogen receptors.
>>
>>36659096
y tho ;'(
>>
>>36659059
You can go for whey isolate though, the lactose content is not enough for you to notice, some sites say that it's less than 1%.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.