[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much cardio is sufficient for health? Is 30 mins at target
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: cardio.jpg (40 KB, 387x172) Image search: [Google]
cardio.jpg
40 KB, 387x172
How much cardio is sufficient for health?

Is 30 mins at target heart rate 4-5 days a week enough?

I want healthy blood pressure and healthier cardiovascular system altogether.
>>
Depends how much time you spend on your ass.

30 min 3-4 times per week is enough for your average sedentary person to maintain health benefits.

However that low level of cardio will do nothing when the happening starts and you need to run or fight to defend your life from the unwashed foreign and minority hordes
>>
File: 2025.jpg (1 MB, 1439x1632) Image search: [Google]
2025.jpg
1 MB, 1439x1632
>>36658292
>doing cardio
>making it
>>
>>36658292
getting at least 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity each week
>>
>>36658338
I spend a lot of time on my ass. In fact, 7-8 hours a day are spent sitting down because of work, then when I get home I'm usually a 50-50 mix of sitting down and walking around.

>>36658340
I just want to be healthier man. I was skinny in high school but now I'm a fatty because I lost control and discipline. My resting heart rate is high as fuck, my blood pressure is high as fuck, and my bad cholesterol is high as fuck.

The last couple weeks I've been eating clean but I think I need to throw some cardio in the mix as well. There's a history of heart disease in my family, but everyone who got it was also a fatty. I'm thinking this will increase my chances of living past 50.
>>
>>36658407
Then eat clean, go for walks if you can't jog, then start jogging 4 times a week for 30 minutes and slowly bump up the time. When BP is under control start lifting.
>>
>>36658438
What are your thoughts on the couch potato to 5k?

I think if I pushed myself I could probably run a mile or two without stopping, but I don't want to stress my body that much or risk injury. It sounds like an excuse but I have no idea what I'm doing and need advice from /fit/ anons.
>>
>>36658472
It's fine if you don't know anything about cardio and need a program to run. But it doesn't factor in different starting levels. If you can't jog straight for 30 min without stopping you probably are too out of shape to do a program
>>
>>36658496
I think the main problem is my weight. I can feel the stress on my knees when I do something like play full court basketball or a brisk game of tennis. I'm around 235 and only 5' 10" and probably 30-35% bodyfat. I think if I can cut down to about 215 it'll relieve enough stress on my joints to not cause such a strain on me when I run.
>>
>>36658525
Ride stationary bike until you lose enough weight to not destroy your knees. Look at spin classes at gym
>>
>>36658612
Good idea. Thanks anon.
>>
I do 100km (62 miles) within 3 hours on road bike once a week. Is that enough?
>>
I tried finding the source, I know it's a the New York Times somewhere, but they just posted an article that summarized a study finding that the people who live the longest are the ones who run the slowest and that running 5 minutes a day is not associated with a longer life than someone who runs for an hour a day, but it is associated with longer lives than those who don't run at all.

Basically, the healthiest amount to run is any amount. If all you care about is longevity, then running around the block once in the morning is enough.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.