[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yo /fit/ Looking to pick up running again. Last time I used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: five-finger-shoe-jpg.jpg (36 KB, 419x288) Image search: [Google]
five-finger-shoe-jpg.jpg
36 KB, 419x288
yo /fit/

Looking to pick up running again. Last time I used 'normal' running shoes my knees hurt like a motherfucker. These things are supposedly better because they claim it feels more natural.

What's /fit/ opinion on these?
>>
Should be fine if you run on grass or soft surfaces. Maybe I'm just prone to shin splints, but when I used to have a pair of those it would hurt the fuck out of my legs to run for too long on concrete or hard surfaces.
>>
>>36658244
you need a specific running form. You need to train that form on grass or something soft before you jump on something hard.
>>
>>36658268
Hmm I don't have much soft surface nearby unfortunately. It's gonna be mostly tarmac
>>
>>36658244
Those are gay as fuck, just wear some comfortable normal running shoes
>>
>>36658244
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIDRHUWlVo
>>
>>36658244
the memest of meme footware
>>
>>36658244
These toe shoes are just a meme. Get some custom runners made to your feat. gg. have a good time running.
>>
>>36658289
but muh knees. What shoes should I look for?
>>
>>36658244
Are you a faggot? If you answered yes, then these are perfect.

(Note: the term "faggot" was not used in a derogatory homosexual way but to signify those who are chump change mutha fuckers)
>>
>>36658244
It'll fix your shit splints, but you need to get seriously used to them. If you start wearing them and run a 5k and your shins will be obliterated. Wear them everywhere and do a few jogs a few times a week. After about 2-3 weeks you should be ok to start running longer distances. Keep an eye on fatigue though. You haven't run exclusively on your forefoot all your life, the muscles will be weak. Be patient
>>
>>36658352
Misread it. Knees will be helped, but if you've got patellar tendinitis it won't help.
>>
>>36658352
Well it'll probably take a while before I can manage 5k so that's no problem. Do you use them too?
>>
>>36658426
Yeah, I've also got a pair of merrell trailgloves. They look less weird.
>>
Weren't these proven to not be any better or even worse than normal running shoes?
>>
>>36658244
They're dumb.
>>
>>36658244
You can use "regular" running shoes, just focus on a midfoot rather than a heel strike.
>>
>>36658468
Yes. Why people still wear them is beyond me.
>>
File: IMG_1354.jpg (651 KB, 1600x1142) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1354.jpg
651 KB, 1600x1142
>>36658283
this. and in that sense you might as well get some luna sandals
>>
File: safe_image-5663c0.jpg (18 KB, 342x392) Image search: [Google]
safe_image-5663c0.jpg
18 KB, 342x392
Hey guys
Jason Blaha here. I highly recommend these shoes and wear them all the time. You too can be like me... cool, awesome & giving the little Blahino to your girlfriend twice a day too.
>>
>>36658244
If you train properly and slowly ramp up your milage you will be fine.

Find out what kind of feet you have and buy shoes that cater to that. Minimalist shoes will not make your knee issue go away.
>>
>>36659455
>Find out what kind of feet you have

how to do that?
>>
>>36659463

>how do i google

jesus christ have some initiative
>>
>>36658244
Lunaracer 3+, stylish as fuck, lightweight, more suitable for medium running or sprinting while being a little bit soft (and not too much so to impact your running style)

https://i.imgur.com/D74Wzt7.jpg

Don't strike with your heel. land midfoot.
>>
File: D74Wzt7.jpg (142 KB, 748x487) Image search: [Google]
D74Wzt7.jpg
142 KB, 748x487
>>36659683
>>
>>36658307
>>36658487
best way to go from heel strike to midfoot is with zero heel drop. You may have to think about it for a while, but eventually it will become natural.
>>
>>36659463
post them
>>
So it depends mostly on the way I run, not on the shoe?

>>36659683
Damn these are sexy
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.