[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you wear full kit (~60 .lbs) of metal armor + gear while running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
if you wear full kit (~60 .lbs) of metal armor + gear while running on a treadmill will that damage the treadmill or your back?

I need to get in shape for SCA. I'm 180 .lbs and I need to get down to 160. and I can't rightly wear field plate at a gym, so I will do so at home, on a treadmill.
>>
>>36657611
have u tried eating less senpai?
>>
>>36657611
It rek your legs and probably lower back. Don't ever run with weights, it's retarded anime shit.
>>
>>36657611
I think the better question is; Why do you have a suit of metal armour in the first place?
>>
>>36657676
SCA, society for creative anachronisms. basically fully grown men that wear a certain historical period type of armor and beat the shit out of eachother with rattan weapons

>>36657622
I eat once a day
>>
File: sinatra kek.png (190 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
sinatra kek.png
190 KB, 400x399
>my face picturing OP in a suit of armor running on a treadmill

It's like something you'd see on the New Years comic
>>
>>36657676
> not being knighted
> not sheathing your blade in wenches after every battle
>>
>>36657699
It's called larping
>>
>>36657699
>I eat once a day
DIdn't answer the question, senpai
>>
>>36657839
it's called medieval combat re-enactment.

larping uses foam bats and has limited rules and limited standards, SCA is different.
>>
>>36657848
what do you want me to do? eat once every two days?
>>
>>36657872
How much and what do you eat during your 'one meal'?
>>
File: tumblr_mkagqa6Jhp1rwe5u6o1_1280.jpg (156 KB, 475x775) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkagqa6Jhp1rwe5u6o1_1280.jpg
156 KB, 475x775
>>36657857
Hema is reenactment. Real skill. Steel weapons
Sca is larp. A bunch of fat fucks with straw swords arguing over Knight titles and shit
Better yet just be a real soldier
>>
File: Battle_of_Nations_01.jpg (109 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Nations_01.jpg
109 KB, 720x478
>>36657611
It will be most strenuous on your knees and ankles. I'd advice against it, but if you're determined to do it, start with just the helmet and add more parts as you progress.

I do BotN and train only about once a month in armor to avoid injuries, the rest is just regular strength training and HIIT.

Also stop worrying about weight, try to lose the fat but keep all the muscle and try building more. Remember, muscle = power = speed.
>>
Can you post a pic of your armor?
>>
>>36657699
>I eat once a day

Haha.. you can easily consume 3k calories during your one meal.
>>
>>36658124
Botn is fucking great
Sca is gay
Don't equate them
>>
>>36658098
all of it is cringey
>>
>>36658150
No, the only thing common between them is that you get to own a suit of armor, which was the subject at hand.

But you're right, Botn is fun as fuck, but I fully understand why someone would choose SCA, for economical and safety reasons.

>>36658098
>reenACTment
>act
got that right
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.