[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
forward neck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: forward_head_comparison300.jpg (20 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
forward_head_comparison300.jpg
20 KB, 300x228
Anyone else have a forward neck? What steps have you taken to remedy it?
>>
>>36654124
Neck curls and stretching the neck forward (chin to chest) helped my neck posture quite a bit. The fascia in my back was super tight and the first few times i did the neck stretch released a huge amount of pressure. Made me sore for a few days.
>>
i do exercises for a few weeks and my posture noticably improves

then i get lazy and eventually stop doing the exercises altogether, and i default back to how i was before

if you use a computer all day then it's a constant struggle if you want proper posture
>>
Stretching more and hitting back days harder made a difference for me. If you are in front of a computer all day, try being more aware when you're doing it so you can correct it. Easier said than done though. Take breaks every now and then to stretch.

Still, I haven't sorted it out completely yet either. I'm considering visiting a physio soon to see what else can be done and at the very least get a massage.
>>
File: posture.jpg (67 KB, 750x540) Image search: [Google]
posture.jpg
67 KB, 750x540
>>36654124

I am in the same scenario. My neck is forward like caveman mode, and my shoulders are rolled forward. And it really starts from the ground up (pic related)

Granted, I need to fix my posture in general but how do I still make gains with this, while fixing the posture?

My front delts and my biceps are lagging hard because of this defect.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uzd_nFzj0Y

This vid helped correct maybe 75% of my fucked up posture, still have to work on the remaining 25%
>>
>>36654124
My sister and mom yelled at me whenever i slouched or had poor posture. That fixed it for me but that was when i was a small lad. I have to sleep flat on my back without any pillows or else my back will hurt the next day. You could try sleeping flat on your back. It will straighten your spine pretty well
>>
>>36656429
I dont think this will work if you got a good mattress
>>
>>36655271
is that better than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs ?
>>
I noticed this in the gym mirror yesterday

I thought I had corrected it a few years back, but I guess not.
>>
what if I have a long-ass neck? I can't decide if it looks sillier doubled over like a vulture or straight upwards
>>
>make sure you're doing 1-2 more back exercises than push exercises
>you must incorporate face pulls
>stretch neck, chest, lats, shoulders daily
>stop craning head when on computer, the screen should be high enough where you keep a straight face
>be aware when walking that posture is good
>>
>>36657006
>>make sure you're doing 1-2 more back exercises than push exercises

t. Mr. Gain Goblin
>>
what about when you have a weak chin and fixing your posture will actually reduce your chin even further?
>>
also, is it me or does lateral raises seem to work your neck muscles?
>>
I have levator scapulae related pains in the base of neck when not working out out stretching for some time, found that dips and shoulder dislocators help me. Also shrugs.

Anything else to recommend?
>>
I was hunched over from freshman of hs to freshman of college. For awhile I forced myself to be like the left pic on the OP, back and neck were sore and it was so uncomfortable for a few weeks then your body adjusts. That with doing lifts that target the back.

The may seem irrelevant but dont ever do those shitty pulldowns that you bring behind your head.
>>
>>36657341
Grow facial hair
>>
File: 50680395.jpg (195 KB, 417x594) Image search: [Google]
50680395.jpg
195 KB, 417x594
>>36654229
This was the logic of making cadets brace. It fixes shitty civilian posture in newbies. Shoulders back, chin in, forehead up.

>>36657341
A thick neck is a decent alternative to a thick jaw. It will have a similar visual effect to most people.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.