[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on fat and skinny people /fit/. Isn't it as simple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1443412886056.jpg (8 KB, 300x193) Image search: [Google]
1443412886056.jpg
8 KB, 300x193
Redpill me on fat and skinny people /fit/. Isn't it as simple as fat people having a naturally bigger appetite their whole life with skinny people living with little to no appetite their whole life? Why wasn't I born with a skinny person's appetite? Why does eating small amounts of food have to be so shitty for me? I've lost weight in the past and not even 8 months of strict calorie counting could make me any less hungry than the day I started. What gives?
>>
It all depends on your relationship with food, I can be good or bad leaning on the skinny and fat side of eating habits! For some people it was never a concern so their consumption was always moderate, on the other hand we know people can suffer from food addictions from very small to serious cases, once you view your food as fuel for your body and the quantity and quality of your fuel is considered a lot more significantly
>>
>>36652743
>be skinny my whole life
>be tall
>growing up we never ate snacks, cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc. all the time. only for special treats
>reward myself with a cookie or candybar once every couple of weeks
>co worker tells me he ate an entire box of cookies
>ask him what he was celebrating
>he looked down in shame
>>
>>36652743
Join a sports team so that your exercise level is so high that you can eat a little more. My brother is part of a Rugby, Football and Cricket team and eats nothing but junk food and is lean as fuck. He's definately going to be fat when he gets older and stops sport, but it is worth thinking about homie. I play for the same Rugby team and it is cool having friends who share an interest (all the ass-slapping is hot too).
>>
>>36652743
Appetite is indeed an important part of the equation, and certain genes have actually been identified as "fat people genes" that can make it more difficult to regulate appetite. Although you do still need to actually eat too much in order to get fat - it doesn't happen automatically and it IS within your control, even if it's harder than it is for "regular people".
That said, the moment you start thinking that it's just because of your "fat genes" then the battle is lost. Never, ever look for excuses. Look for solutions.

You can get used to damn near anything. I'm surprised to hear that 8 months of dieting didn't do anything for your appetite. But I have 3 questions about that:

1) Did it really not do anything about your appetite, or do you just not "feel like it did"?

2) Was it a reasonable, sustainable diet or was it a stupid deprivation thing where you couldn't stop thinking about going back to old habits?

3) What kind of foods were you eating while counting calories? Fatty, sugary things? Processed stuff? Or vegetables and whole foods?

You can probably see where I'm going with this. Be honest to yourself.
>>
>>36652827
Under-eating is potentially addictive as well, I think.
>>
>>36652743
I'm skinny and my issue isn't my appetite it's that the signals about my appetite don't make it to my brain so I'm never motivated or reminded to eat. If I make something or someone else makes something and I sit down at the table then sometimes I'll eat really enthusiastically so the appetite is there but the signals aren't making it through to my brain so I never have the motivation to eat.
>>
>>36653029
Sorry about this. Got caught the fuck UP in youtube for hours.

>1) Did it really not do anything about your appetite, or do you just not "feel like it did"?
I acknowledge that my self-control improved incredibly, but my appetite didn't. I was still just generally hungry all the time.

>2) Was it a reasonable, sustainable diet or was it a stupid deprivation thing where you couldn't stop thinking about going back to old habits?
Almost - I loved watching fast food reviews to live vicariously through the person eating them. I didn't intend to give up fast food forever, but I wanted to be at a point where I could eat things I like now and then without feeling guilty while controlling my weight gain through exercise.

>3) What kind of foods were you eating while counting calories? Fatty, sugary things? Processed stuff? Or vegetables and whole foods?

Lots of chicken breast, rice, veggies, tuna, eggs, greek yogurt, fruit, peanut butter, oats occasional turkey sandwich with light mayo and lettuce.

I guess you got me there with the second question, but why would that make me stay hungry if my diet was pretty healthy?
>>
>>36653775
Oh but don't get me confused on the second question, my diet was very sustainable and the exercise was great but watching people eat was my way of indulging.
>>
>>36652861
>>he looked down in shame

Oh shit, I kek'd
>>
>>36652743
It's not easy being skinny Op. Bulking is impossible for people like me
>>
It's easy to propose hypotheses for why having both survival traits in a gene pool is useful. High appetite genes make people more willing to take physical and social risks for food during times of famine; this gives a kin group people that are, for example, willing to take huge treks that will probably kill them because that's just how motivating the hunger would be. So they either find food, and return to be the well fed warrior of the group, or die, and stop taking up resources. Meanwhile those of low appetite will do things other than find and stockpile food during times of plenty, when they will be non-emaciated practically by accident.
>>
>>36652743
You're fucked.

I actually sorta believe that at some point appetite is basically locked down to multiplier of your calories expended in some sliding window of the past day or so, and you can obviously overeat that which many people do, but undereating it is like fucking hard.

I notice I eat more when I'm doing cardio regularly, and if I try to consciously undereat that I fail every time. Maybe its because my incentives aren't aligned because I'm already at like 10-15% bf, but I consider myself pretty strong willed and I haven't been able to successfully eat at a deficit for more than like 2-3 days. I always come back to thinking how fucked I would be if my multiplier were just a bit higher.
>>
>>36654158
>I actually sorta believe that at some point appetite is basically locked down to multiplier of your calories expended in some sliding window of the past day or so
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.