[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never seen someone with a decent body use a machine at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: machine.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
machine.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
I have never seen someone with a decent body use a machine at the gym.

If you can't do it with a dumbbell, barbell or pull up bar it's not worth doing.
>>
I have
>>
i use the shoulder press machine

fight me nig
>>
I use this machine for flies and reverse flies.
>>
File: 1437701802774.jpg (35 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1437701802774.jpg
35 KB, 512x512
>free weights
>>
>>36651315 My forearms are totally ripped. From vigorous fapping.
>>
Are you counting cables as machines?

Cable fly's > dumbbells
>>
>barbell flyes
>>
File: image_56.jpg (75 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
image_56.jpg
75 KB, 640x853
>so fat and weak I cant do a normal pull up (not even negatives)
>have to use the assisted pull-up machine
>sometimes use it right after a girl who's objectively /fit/ter than I am
>have to increase the assistance from the setting she left it on

Dont be a bully, OP.

At least I'm trying...right?
>>
>>36651499
If you used the lat pulldown you wouldn't look weak for it. I mean that's not a good reason to use it, but I'm just saying.
>>
File: 5048.jpg (65 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
5048.jpg
65 KB, 800x600
>>36651523
Not the lat pulldown.
The assisted pull-up machine. Pic related.

I work on decreasing the assistance as gradually as I can though so I can eventually do regular BW pullups
>>
>>36651553
You misunderstand. I'm saying that IF you used the lat pulldown, you don't look weak. People who can do pullups still use the lat pulldown, that isn't true of the assisted pullup Machine.
>>
>>36651553
the assisted pullup machine is useless.it doesnt even get your chin past the bar.
go to a pullup bar and use a resistance band to help you until you can do dead hang pullups by yourself.this is coming from somebody that can do 17 perfect dead hang ones with pause on top.
>>
>>36651499

truly overthinking man

make your objective to do one pull up, work for it.

do it.
>>
So I guess OP trains at home?
>>
>>36651648
>the assisted pullup machine is useless.it doesnt even get your chin past the bar.
I've gotten my chin past the bar every time I use it while still feeling a nice burn/pump in my arms, shoulders, and back. What did you mean by this?

>go to a pullup bar and use a resistance band to help you until you can do dead hang pullups by yourself.
Is there a YT video demonstrating this? Sounds a little more complicated than using the machine but if it'd help me do unassisted pullups faster I'd try it.
>>
I use machines quite often. The gym I work out at gets slammed at certain times and I'm not going to wait for benches to open up if I'm in a hurry.

Plus it's fun to max out machines. I've had grills come up and say "oh looks like they need to build a heavier one for you".
>>
>>36651585
I switched lat pull downs for bw chins and pull ups. Am I missing out on gains? Should i do both or not bother with lat pulls?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.