[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie Strong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Grab_my_hand.jpg (47 KB, 547x374) Image search: [Google]
Grab_my_hand.jpg
47 KB, 547x374
/fit/, You know the movie cliche where the hero pulls another guy hanging on a cliff up with one arm. How strong do my lifts have to be to do that?
>>
>>36650243
i dunno, row at least 2xBW?
>>
>>36650276
Make sure to give yourself a shot of adrenaline before the lift
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (526 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
526 KB, 500x282
>>36650243
Its not very hard, anyone can do it
>>
There's a John Wayne movie where a guy climbs up on a roof, drops a noose over the side and snares a bad guy. He then pulls the bad guy up to his level, holds him up by the rope with one hand, and punches him out with the other.
>>
>>36650375
what is this a gif for the flash
>>
>>36650243

It's probably an adrenaline thing. Like, mothers pickup up cars to save their kids. Unless it's been established that the character is very strong in the movie previously, I'd think it was adrenaline.

Of course, it's just a movie. You should really just relax.
>>
>>36652177
Not OP, but fuck you for saying to relax. This is a legitimate strength goal that could possibly have a real world application. That's like telling anyone on this board who lifts that they need to relax for not meeting their goals.
>>
>>36652177
>>36652220
I actually am OP, lifting numbers don't really mean much to me, but application like lifting my gf on my shoulder or this make me feel like i'm not just picking up and putting down weights 4 times a week for nothing.
>>
I'm 170 and my old man can still lift me up by my leg and toss me across the room when I piss him off. Kinda why I don't visit anymore. He doesn't even lift
>>
>>36652220
>Not OP, but fuck you for saying to relax.

I was quoting the opening theme to MST3K. It was a joke...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.