[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
6'0" 280lbs here desperately wanting to lose weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: clueless.jpg (134 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
clueless.jpg
134 KB, 1024x1024
6'0" 280lbs here desperately wanting to lose weight after a long bout of depression and letting myself go. What are the best exercises I can do to target weight loss? I'm not even worried about gaining muscle right now I just need to ditch all this fat I've got. Help a clueless noob out!
>>
Read the sticky. That's why its there
>>
File: freerealestate.png (143 KB, 291x328) Image search: [Google]
freerealestate.png
143 KB, 291x328
>>36648340
>Help a clueless noob out!
Hey man I found this great guide literally tailored for people like you. Here's the link>>17018018
>>
>>36648340
You're more or less my height and weigh less than I did when I started, I was 287lb and now after around one month I'm 262lb. There's no secret to it, at your weight most of the "calorie burning" exercises like running or sprinting will damage your joints so you'll have to lose weight by dieting, not with sports. Just measure your bodyfat (with a scale, dexa, calipers, doesn't really matter at this stage if it is +-5%), put your height weight bodyfat and age in a TDEE calculator and track your calories, for this buy a food scale as you can't guesstimate portions or grams by eyeballing unless you only eat packaged food, eating the whole container all the time. For weight loss, you should subtract in increments of 500 calories because 7 days * 500 calories = 3500 calories = approximately 1 pound lost per week. So for example if your tdee turns out to be 2500 calories, restricting yourself to 2000 would mean that you lose a pound of fat every week. I'd still recommend starting a lifting program and eating enough protein (around 0.5g/lb lean body mass (after subtracting fat)) though because you can gain muscle while losing fat as a beginner and it will raise your tdee, so you can eat more food while losing the same amount of fat weekly. If you want to do what I did as a surefire way if what works, eat only 1500 calories and pick up the stronglifts 5x5 lifting program
>>
>>36648340
HIIT if you can
>>
>>36648340
Too stupid to read the sticky, too stupid to make it
>>
>>36648340

jesus christ my dick Alicia Silverstone was so fucking perfect in that movie
>>
>>36650278
She played a basic bitch very convincingly
>>
File: implying feels.png (21 KB, 740x773) Image search: [Google]
implying feels.png
21 KB, 740x773
>>36650283
>played
>>
>tfw enjoyed the show even though i didn't understand english at the time
>>
>>36648340
exercise wont help you lose fat. only diet can do that. exercise is good for building/maintaining muscle mass. also read the fucking sticky.
>>
>to target weight loss

You'll want to do inclined deathlifts, it stimulates testosterone dispersal and helps tone up your fat.
>>
Diet is more important fag. I went from 280lbs to currently 215' within a year. LOW CARBING! No lose skin.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.