[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
Did I waste my money?
>>
Realistically, yes. death doesn't care about how much you spent on creatine
>>
>>36646208
No creatine is bretty gud man.

If you're lagging a bit on your progression or you're plateauing on your lifts, creatine might give you that small extra boost to push just a little bit more and thus beak your plateau. The water retention/muscle pump is gives you is also pretty alright, increased energy is also gud.
>>
>>36646237
absolutely no help
>>
you not only wasted your money but also your health
there's a reason steroids are illegal
>>
>>36646275
0/10 bait
Try harder.
>>
File: 1.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
u just wasted your life bruh

god bless and good luck
>>
if you need creatine to make it then youre not going to make it
>>
>>36646208
Enjoy being bald.
>>
hey, maybe you'll get lucky and it won't trigger your male pattern baldness earlier than it would have normally happened
>>
Most people notice some form of benefits from creatine. Others have reported that it did nothing for them.

Since creatine is one of the cheapest supplements out there, I don't think you wasted any money. Might as well see if creatine works for you.

But remember the moment you take it, you lose your natty status.
>>
>using gear

>>>/fraud/
>>
>>36646297
yeah makes sense. I lifted a lot in high school and fell out of it as college started.

I'm just looking for something that might give me a little boost
>>
>>36646321
thanks for ur opinion man
>>
>>36646335
creatine is not steroids and it only works on ~30% who use it

it wont give you a boost, especially if youre not an advanced lifter. Its mostly just in size because you get more water in muscles

you should focus more on what you eat

theres a reason less than 10% of pro athletes use it, its not magic

youre most likely to get a boost from caffeine pills instead
>>
>>36646208
creatine is pretty much the only supplement that will increase your lifts as a natty, so no. it's not much of an improvement, though, unless you record your lifts you probably won't even notice the difference.
>>
>use creatine
>fucking wife
>get back cramps
>get stomach cramps
>get brutal shoulder cramp
>stop using creatine
>can fuck wife agin
>six months later
>hmm lets try creatine again
>fucking wife
>stomach cramp
>Jesus Christ leg cramp
>ass cramp
Idk man I think I am done with this shit.
>>
>>36648071
Cramps are caused by lack of electrolytes, probably because creatine caused you to pee so much.
Eat a Banana and a tin of tuna.

You can be allergic to creatine or youd be dead already.
>mfw creatine is already in your body naturally
>>
All the memes aside in this thread. No you didn't waste your money unless you bought some expensive 'brand' shit. Just buy pure creatine monohydrate, it's probably the cheapest supplement out there.
Expect 5%-15% increase in strength after 2-3 weeks, like most studies show.
>>
File: walking dead shooting stance.png (703 KB, 956x577) Image search: [Google]
walking dead shooting stance.png
703 KB, 956x577
youre gonna make it brah
>>
i'll be the only non meme poster in this thread
creatine is a great and probably one of the most researched supplements out there
It does what it's marketed to do, helps increase lbm and strength
I got off it though because it has also been proven to increase DHT conversion.
Meaning; if you are genetically prone to male pattern baldness, on creatine you will likely begin to bald quicker
as my father has this I chose to halt the use
too bad, creatine is bretty good.
Have 3 unopened bags laying around (creapure)
>>
>>36646208
Creatine just made me feel bloated as hell, no real notice on effect on gains whatsoever.

Equally I know guys who swear by the stuff, give it a shot, your gains aren't going to fall off.
>>
Creatine is gains
>>
no. creatine is awesome and works really fast.
>>
>>36648557
>helps increase lbm
it quite literally does not. it increases water retention.
>>
File: EjJopdb.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
EjJopdb.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>36646275
>>
added 5kg to my [spoiler]preacher curl[/spoiler] after a few days. i'm serious. didn't notice any other benefits though
>>
It basically just helps your body synthesize ATP (ie energy).

In theory it works, but if your diet's already on the right track, then it's not really gonna do anything useful. Your body would already have all the ATP it needs.
>>
>>36648164
Are gains just temporary? If I stop using it will those gains go away?
>>
>>36649670
It doesn't create muscle. It creates energy. It lets you lift heavier weights more often, and shortens recovery.
>>
>>36649681
>shortens recovery
So this means I can lift more right, which means I get more gains?

I guess I am saying, if I stop using creatine should I expect my 1RM to go down?
>>
not OP, but has anyone who used it experienced fatigue and maybe depression? I've been taking this for a while and I'm not sure if that's what's causing it.
>>
>>36649713
Maybe, but not by a lot. And if you take it for a week and stop, it's not like you'll be weaker.

What it really helps with is getting in that extra rep or extra set. So you get your work in more consistently and are more likely to progress than to stall. Over time, that extra volume and progress adds up. Maybe you drop your 1RM by 5 or 10 lbs if you decide to stop taking it, but after a while it will be higher than it would have been anyway.
>>
Has this balding effect been proven?
I'm balding already but I've been hoping to keep at least some level of hair until I reach 30. I'm afraid it'll accelerate the process too much
>>
>>36649823
Shit me too, I've noticed that from 18-20 y/o while using creatine that my hair went from 100% to 95% full. Could be the creatine or could be genetics, but I don't want the stuff anymore.
>>
>>36649823
No. It all stems from one study done on rugby players that showed some had an increase in DHT. It's possible in theory that it could accelerate MPB if you are already destined to be a skinhead. It has never actually been demonstrated though.
>>
>>36646335
Thats how it starts
>>
>>36649466
water is considered part of lean body mass. you are quite literally retarded.
>>
>>36646208
Enjoy your receding hairline cunt!
>>
>>36646208
Day uno of taking creatine
Is peeing this much normal?
>>
>>36651803
Creatine makes you thirsty by my experience.
>>36646208
Did you waste your money, no. But if you got that exact brand, probably off amazon, I happen to know from experience that it's really shit. Tastes bad, doesn't mix in water, and it's like consuming sand. I've used maybe 4 brands total and that stuff was the worst of them.
>>
>>36650179
The fever, the rage
>>
>>36646275
I am taking this bait anonymous, I present you with a shiny new (You)
>>
>>36646208
Enjoy the hair loss
>>
File: 1457933253843.png (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1457933253843.png
7 KB, 275x183
>>36649573
this is so wrong it made my head spin
>>36649713
this is also not true, unless you mean between set recovery, systemic recovery is not really influenced by creatine

"During high intensity exercise, the muscle ratio of ATP:ADP (adenosine tri-phosphate:adenosine di-phosphate) decreases drastically, due to consumption of high-energy phosphate groups from ATP. Muscle failure is associated with the decrease in ATP:ADP ratio during short bouts of high-intensity anaerobic exercise, such as in resistance training. Creatine plays a key role in maintaining a high ATP:ADP ratio by phosphorylation of ADP1, thereby delaying muscle fatigue and allowing for prolonged high-intensity exercise:

Creatine phosphate + ADP + H+↔ creatine + ATP"

basically gives ADP a phosphate after it has been used up, which means your between set recovery time is faster and you might be able to squeeze out a few more reps

because your ATP is not depleted at the start of a set, your 1rm should not change much if at all, and if it does it is only due to leverage improvements from that little bit of creatine bloat
>>
File: 1459540298384.jpg (57 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
1459540298384.jpg
57 KB, 500x292
>>36652604
>>
>>36648098
>eat a tin of tuna

If I wanted to smell like seafood I'd fuck your one rep max
>>
>>36646208
No, but you did waste your natty card
>>
>>36646300
This. Fuck creatine
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.