[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you drink water during your workouts /fit/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 100564.jpg (45 KB, 800x528) Image search: [Google]
100564.jpg
45 KB, 800x528
Do you drink water during your workouts /fit/ ?
>>
I drink water when I'm thirsty. If I happen to be thirsty while exercising then yes. Ignoring hydration while also stressing the body is retarded.
>>
>>36644591
Yes, I breath heavily when exercising and this make my throat dry, so I drink water to stay hydrated and comfortable.
>>
>>36644591
Yes, of course.
>>
I drink water between sets.

Lift, sip, repeat
>>
Anyone tried water with sugar ?
>>
>>36644591
do you not?
>>
>>36644835
Why? Does your water taste bad? I know some of my friends have weird tasting water.
>>
>>36644591
I used to get sick if I drank even a small amount of water during my workouts, but not anymore. Now I just drink when I'm thirsty.
>>
I used to drink so much, I'd get acid reflux when laying down on the bench.

I've found a wedge or two of lemon alleviates my thirst with less water and no more reflux from overfilling.
>>
>>36644591
No obviously not, it kills your gains bro.
>>
>>36644935
B8
>>
>>36644591
no, i don't understand why there are so many faggots who lack the patience/control to wait an hour and drink after the work out, instead of drinking it during the workout.

i don't think it's bad i just do it afterwards
>>
I make sure I stay hydrated during a workout.

I guess it is years of sports, but I always consume water during a physical activity.
>>
File: IMG_20160326_022232.jpg (45 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_022232.jpg
45 KB, 600x200
>>36645069
>only lifting for an hour
Ok pal
>>
>>36645069
It's not a matter of patience or self control. It's not as if water is like crack and people need to get some sort of unhealthy fix.

As soon as you start to move into even mild dehydration you're sacrificing both performance and gains. In that case what you call self-control is self-sabotage. Obviously dehydration time will vary person-to-person and based on activity level, but the simple rule to go by is if you feel thirsty drink, and drink plenty before and after a workout anyway.

I don't get why this is an issue, or why OP even made this thread. There isn't any benefit to not drinking during your workout, unless you're drinking to a point where you're so full you don't want to drink anymore.
>>
>>36645209
This guy gets it. A 2% decrease in bodily fluid level can affect performance. So if you sweat a lot the longer your session the worse off you're gonna be. People claiming they don't are wanna be hardcore edgelords.
>>
>>36645069
are you a faggot?
>>
I usually drink 1.5l during my workout
>>
>>36644591

I'm a fish, so I have to.
>>
>>36644676
>I drink water when I'm thirsty.

That's stupid, you're already dehydrated if you're feeling thirst.
>>
I drink a fucking ton of water, i get thirsty just by talking a little much

I drink like i was a diabetic fuck

DRINK TILL YOU PISS PURE WATER YOU FUCKING FATASS

i can safely say my overweight is just water
>>
>>36645783
I said thirsty not dying for one sweet drop of the nectar.
>>
>>36644835
You mean soda, sweet tea, fruit juice, lattes? Just drink the fucking water faghot
>>
>>36646151
No, I think it's just your HEIGHT, FACE AND FRAME
>>
>>36646426
is this a new maymay or something?
>>
File: kovalev------feint-o.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
kovalev------feint-o.gif
1 MB, 320x180
black coffee + bcaas+ scoop of protein

Best workout shake.
>>
>>36646445
Just making fun of the dude.
>>
>>36646521
jokes on you motherfucker i can barely understand your english shit
>>
>>36646564
What part didn't you understand?
>>
>>36646589
your fucking "joke "

fatso
>>
I never drink water, usually pound a red bull then sip on a gatorade while getting swole then drink another red bull afterwards

Since I spent all those calories on the lifting I can drink all the soda I want lol
>>
>>36646652
Diabetes.
>>
>>36645069
poor b8
>>
>>36645069

I hope this is b8 otherwise you need to go back to high school biology class

no water + anaerobic exercise = shit workout
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.