[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When people talk about not hitting depth in a squat because they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: san-man-squat-crouch-lg.jpg (19 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
san-man-squat-crouch-lg.jpg
19 KB, 300x250
When people talk about not hitting depth in a squat because they're not flexible enough, do they mean that they physically can't go lower or can they go lower but their back starts to round? In other words, can everyone perform a third world squat with butt wink, but few with a straight back?
>>
Usually too much weight. Its the same as going down halfway on bench instead of touching your chest. Guys tend to load up shit loads of weight they can't handle, then half rep it. If they attempted a whole rep with that much weight, they would fail that rep.
>>
>>36644246
It means they can't keep the bar over mid foot without form breaking down.
>>
>>36644246
Usually they don't push their knees out far enough.
>>
>>36645995
This x1000

I had major butt wink until I found out about this
>>
>>36646032
And in my opinion if you are having trouble pushing your knees out it's most likely lack of ancle mobility. Was for me at least.
>>
>>36644246
>tfw corrective surgery on ankles as baby
>tfw you can barely parallel squat

Everyone praises the squat and it's the one exercise I physically am unable to do. Feels bad familam
>>
>>36646071
How did you fix it?
>>
>>36646635
Not him but just stretch on the daily. Try to be able to make a 45° angle between the ground and your shin. Until then you could use plates under your feet to achieve depth.
>>
>>36646635
How do you fix ankle mobility?
>>
>>36644246
Wew

Thanks Op your thread reminded my to stretch.
>>
File: ankles7.jpg (23 KB, 358x477) Image search: [Google]
ankles7.jpg
23 KB, 358x477
>>36646635
>>36646691
>>36646129
This will solve all your problems, gentlemen.
*Tips fedora with a sweet smile*
>>
>>36646736
thanks mister fedora

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
>>
>>36644246

This is a phenomen i have seen too often now. There are literally guys in my gym who cant squat deep with or without weights.

I thought it was a joke at first, because how retarded do you have to be to not be able to simply squat deeper. But it seems like this is an actual thing.

Oh yeah, i also noticed its always the retarded looking DYEL's who have this "problem".
>>
>>36644246
Being able to do pic related is extremely rare in the West. Maybe it's common in places without toilets though.
>>
>>36644246
in my case, if i tried to go lower, i would just fall backwards
still not at adequate depth, but it does get better with time/work
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.