[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw gerd Tell me why I shouldn't commit suicide? Everyday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
>tfw gerd
Tell me why I shouldn't commit suicide?
Everyday is crippling pain.
I am nothing but pain, a creation made to suffer.

All my doctors doctors just blow it off as if it's nothing but it's ruining my life.
>>
Omeprazole 20mg once daily for four weeks
>>
>>36644265
Already tried that friend.

Did nothing
>>
what are you eating that they told you to stop eating but you refuse to give up?
>>
>>36644279
Well you either need a higher dose, or a combination with Ranitidine.

If it still doesn't work than get a gastrocopy done so the docs can see what is really going in there.

Surgery of course is the final option.
>>
>>36644027
Mine goes away when I don't drink soda or juice.
>>
>>36644314
Cont'
Of course there's also lifestyle changes you need to do.

Stop smoking

Stop drinking alcohol

Stop drinking coffee and tea

Lose weight, exercise

As a temporary measure sleep on more pillows and take an antacid at night so the acid doesn't climb up your throat when you try to sleep.

And get referred to a Gastroenterologist.
>>
>>36644027
I think I have it too. Only bothers me when I lie flat for long periods of time though. Got to see the doc

>>36644333
Will I ever be able to bulk again?

>>36644329
Eating high fat foods also apparently increases acid production. Chewing gum can help too because the excess saliva keeps the acid at bay
>>
>Eosinophillic esophagitis
>can't really get out of bed for nearly a month
>on stupid amount of medication
>develop new food allergies
>terrible pain
>restricted esophagus making swallowing difficult.

>Chronic
FML
>>
>>36644027
Stop eating shit food faggot
>>
>>36644409
I literally eat chicken and rice for every meal
>>
>>36644378
Everything I've mentioned besides losing weight is not a hindrance to bulking.

Perhaps go on a slow progressive clean bulk instead of trying to stuff yourself?

You have to work around your problems man.

Right now GERD is fucking your life up, so get that sorted before you think about gains.

GERD is some crazy shit. If you leave it too long 10% of people get chronic conditions like Barrett's Esophagus. Throat cancer is super bad for your gains.

Source: I'm a fucking doctor.
>>
>>36644027
Damn me too it's been 3 years now
I'm on pantoprazole (same shit as omeprazole) it works well.
If it gets really heavy i got some sodium bicarbonate it doesn't heal but it ease the pain.

I eat some fruits (apple/banana like 3 per day), drink A LOT of water (2,5l per day minimum), lifting/cardio (cardio helps a lot), sleep well, these 4 things really change things.

I also watch out what i eat, really close to nothing of these things : food with high sugar, food with milk (except cheese), no chocolate, no coffee (i take decaffeinate), NO SODA/FRUIT JUICE from any supermarket.

Sometimes i do some excess when i'm partying (probably the worst thing : alcohol+soda=sugar+dehydrate, it also fuck my sleep schedule) , the problem is that i will get reflux 100% after for at least 1 whole day, and i'm lucky if it's only 1 whole day, usually it's for 2/3 days.

Also mine depends on my mode, sometimes i have close to nothing, and sometimes it's here all day, i think stress plays a lot, you should try meditating.
>>
>>36644382
I'm sorry dude. My brother has that too. Shit sucks.
>>
I sleep prone and love my whiskey. It finally get so bad I had to quit drinking. It comes and goes, I can't drink and have to stop training first thing each morning. Other than that it's manageable with only the occasional flare up that lasts a day or two. Hurts like a bitch but makes for an awesome cut at least.
>>
This is sort of related but I have a stomach ulcer. I'm taking Protonix every 12 hours.

Feel dizzy frequently (at least a few times a week and I've fallen on one occasion) plus I'm tired all the time but the doctor had my blood examined and I'm not anemic so I don't know what the fuck is going on.

I ignored it for a few months because the symptoms came and went, (symptoms of the ulcer being that I would constantly have acid in the back of my throat or would burp it up, stomach pain that woke me up in the middle of the night that would move to my chest if I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep and would get better if I ate something, frequent nausea.)
The protonix is okay, the symptoms are mostly gone, but I am really tired all the time and I can't have caffeine. :/ I had symptoms from september-January before I finally went to the doctor (no health insurance), I just tried to self-treat with tums but that stopped working.

I feel ya, OP.
>>
>>36644027
When I was like ~14 I randomly had a lot of issues with reflux. Ended up in the ER, where I was seen by/referred to a GI doctor who figured out what happened. That being said, I had some other GI issues along with that.

If you haven't already, have a colon/endoscopy. I tried omeprazole and had meh results so my doc booked me for one and some x-rays. Figured out the issue from both of those, fixed em, good as new.
>>
I'm on Protonix which my doctor said is stronger than Omprezole. Find a new doctor that will take you seriously. I was vomiting stomach acid.
>>
>>36644430
eat a more varied diet then. Chicken is unhealthy.
as a nuclear option you can try going vegan for 1-2 months. I am pretty certain it will improve your health, besides when you are at this stage you have nothing to lose by overhauling your diet
>>
>>36644981
Not OP, stomach ulcer here, but I was too. It was fucking disgusting. So glad my doc put me on Protonix.
>>
>>36644442
>Everything I've mentioned besides losing weight is not a hindrance to bulking.
Didn't mean to imply that, but one of the lifestyle changes I've seen recommended for hiatal hernia is not to eat large meals
>>
Find the reason of your gerd.

I had tried everything like quitting coffee, tea, fried foods etc. Nothing had worked for me.

Until I went to a chiropractor, and found out I have a hiatal hernia. He fixed it and now I'm much better.
>>
>>36645323
Eat several small meals.
>>
Had sore throat and choking sensation for months. Four weeks of pantoprazole fixed it for a few weeks. Tried that a few times.
Then changed my eating habits.
-stopped drinking coffee
-stopped using extra spices and eating spicy foods
-started drinking more water
-smaller meals
-longer time between last meal of the day and going to bed
-drink a sip of water every time I wake up at night
Haven't had problems since
>>
>>36644027
I went through this recently

it did clear up after using Prilosec OTC. and I didn't even use it straight throhgh the whole box

I did just a few days ina row and took time off and used Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Concentrated Lemon Juice through a straw ( ( to spare teeth the acids I also toss a teaspoon of Baking Soda in my mouth after to neutralize the acids.. and spit it out)

I was just as panicked about this as you describe.. I have no health Insurance and was driven to begin applying for some when it cleared up..

Other helpful things I discovered was Betain HCL

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OBVRMY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3L93YA9XVQIS7&coliid=I2F5HUU0JUPP3R&psc=1

I was going to get this stuff when the GERD cleared up for the most part..

I still can get some reflux when i eat large meals and leave out the Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.. but it doesn't keep going and going ..

Eat smaller meals.. increase stomach acids in some fashion , lose wight and do not lay down after eating .

I found the Prilosec was necessary to allow some healing to occur but after reading there are serious risks like Bone loss due to reduced absorption over long term use I am glad I tried going in the opposite direction and increasing acids
>>
>>36644305
for me it was alcohol and grains, especially refined white flour based foods. i also cut out refined sugar, fried foods, cheese. havent had heartburn in months, and i used to get it every day so bad that i would almost puke
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.