[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to lift without obsessing about weight/reps/bodyfat/macros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_11.png (156 KB, 231x243) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
156 KB, 231x243
Is it possible to lift without obsessing about weight/reps/bodyfat/macros?

I feel like I take lifting way too seriously and I should just lift and eat semi-healthy....

wat do senpai?
>>
File: 1446509559219.gif (907 KB, 197x187) Image search: [Google]
1446509559219.gif
907 KB, 197x187
>>
try it and report back.
>>
Yeah, i've been lifting for 18 months now and i just go 3-4 times a week and eat wtf i want. I just eat semi-healthy and only count proteins. I'm not jacked by any means but i started at 61 kg and I weigh 76 with 2% les bf now.
>>
>>36642288
yes, only thing you should track is weight reps on compounds
i dont give a shit about all the other things and i look better than 99% of those autists on this board who track everything and count even how heavy their shit is each day
>>
>>36642979
>and count even how heavy their shit is each day
this is actually a good metric for tracking digestive health. Before you talk shit you should maybe try it out you idiot
>>
>>36643006
see thats what i meant, fucking autists spend more time tracking useless shit instead of lifting and wonder why they are dyel mode
>>
>>36643017
So I'm right then?
>>
>>36642288
Just add weight sleep right and eat healthy
>>
>>36642288
just take it easy
>>
>>36642288
I think it's kind of normal. I find myself reading more about fitness and nutrition than I need to. Just make sure you're hitting the major goals: calories, protein, progression, etc.
>>
>>36642796
Same here sempai. Im sure that as i get more advanced i will have to watch what i eat, but as it stands, im pretty happy with what i have. Would like a beefier chest though
>>
i don't track shit, i just make sure i don't eat refined sugar and satured fats and eat enough protein, and lift everyday on the week
>>
Here are the golden rules in three easy steps.

1) Stick to these: Deadlift, barbell squat, overhead press.

2) Put enough weight on the barbell that you reach the point where you will fail a rep. Could be failure after 3 reps, could be failure after 25. As long as you reach that almost failure point, you're gaining.

3) Eat at least 0.8g of protein per lb of bodyweight a day

That's literally all you have to do to get fit.
>>
>>36642288
Heres some life advice,

Don't take anything in life too seriously
>>
>>36643948
>golden rules
>completely leaves out chest

yeah, don't listen to this idiot, this is the golden ticket to laughable t rex mode
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.