[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lifted more than any of the baseball kids in high school,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1409317039454.jpg (76 KB, 393x315) Image search: [Google]
1409317039454.jpg
76 KB, 393x315
>lifted more than any of the baseball kids in high school, the few that even did lift
>can't throw a baseball far/fast at all

what is this black sorcery?
>>
Throwing something has a different kind of muscle activation than lifting something heavy.
>>
>>36640972
Technique is a thing you colossal mongoloid. Do you think you can also punch harder than a middle weight boxer?
>>
>>36640972
it's called practice, anon
>>
>>36640989
I remember reading that learning punching technique increases the force of your punches by some ridiculous amount. I forget how much it was.
>>
>>36640972
Built shoulders make you worse at throwing by reducing your ROM
>>
>train basketball for 2 years
>be good at basketball

>train lifting for 2 years
>be good at lifting

>HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

You're a fucking retard OP
>>
>Thinking strength = Power
>>
>>36640972
Segmental sequencing aka technique. Dumbing it down, if your shoulder extending generates 5 force, elbow extension 5 force, wrist extension 5 force, trunk rotation 5 force or whatever the fuck, if you time it so all of those occur at the same time, you'll throw the ball with 20 force. If you time it poorly and extend your shoulder too early or too late or whatever, you lose the force from that segment so you only get 15 force. It's a bit more complicated than that but that's the gist.
>>
>lifting heavy things will make me better at playing basketball
You're an idiot. But I can't blame you, almost everyone seems on /fit/ seems to think that becoming better at lifting weights will make you better at everything else (e.g. fighting, confidence, sex, throwing) which is fucking dumb
>>
fuck off edgy faggots
>huckhuck op is so dumb

It makes sense that being muscular would increase how fast you can throw a ball. OP is just saying that it is surprising that this isn't the case. He isn't saying that he SHOULD be able to throw faster than people who train for baseball
>>
>>36640972
Train for your goals you fucking cunt. You're just as bad as the fucking people who train MMA who say

>topkek I can kick a body builders ass!!

Well no fucking shit you goddamn retard.
>>
>>36641052
it will help, though not as much as technique.
>>
>>36641082
Sure, there's some overlap. Training endurance will help you in most sports and everyday life. Training lifting will help you in moving houses, but not as much as moving houses a lot. Studying Computer Science will make you a better programmer, but not as much as programming.
>>
>>36640972
It's why world's strongest men can't into sports
>>
fast twitch muscle fiber genetics
>>
>>36640972
>He thinks benching makes him a better thrower
See kids? That's what happens when you listen to memes.
>>
>>36641082
>it will help
Actually, it will usually make your athletics worse, not better.
>>
>>36641072
You're such a fucking dumbass holy shit.
>>
>pitched from 11 y/o through high school

it's entirely technique
same way punching is almost entirely technique
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.