[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What healthier a glass of OJ and an apple or a glass of apple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: 1458269497103s.jpg (8 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1458269497103s.jpg
8 KB, 250x187
What healthier a glass of OJ and an apple or a glass of apple juice and an orange?
>>
meet me in real life ill beat you up

kid
>>
>>36639190
He's not better looking than me. He might be in better shape (if you consider manlet muscles in shape), have more money, fame, success, etc but he's not better looking than me, he's a manlet. Im 6'2 I am more attractive to women on a primal level.
>>
>>36639190
>Any of that
>healthy in any way
troll thread
>>
this thread is already a mess
>>
>>36639217

Oranges and apples aren't healthy?
>>
>>36639224
lol
>>
>>36639190
>drinking juice
welcome to notmakeitstan, population: you
>>
I'm not concerned with being a big giant bulky freak like everyone here, I just want to have a healthy body which reduces my risk of cancer and hearth disease.

Maybe their should be a health board.
>>
>>36639245
Juice ain't healthy boy
>>
>>36639190
An apple and an orange and NO juice of any kind.
/thread
>>
>>36639259

Pure 100% juice =/= concentrated + sugar
>>
Niggers tongue my anus
>>
>>36639224
Loaded with refined sugar? No they don't
>>
>>36639268

So what drink should I use to complete my morning breakfast?

two scoop raisen brain
banana
toast with peanut butter

I hearsay milk gives you cancer
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 423x846) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 423x846
>>36639269
>m-muh purity
May as well go pop open a can of coke
>>
ITT: People don't understand the difference between natural sugar and processed sugar.

>hurr durr apples have sugar therefore there bad for you
>>
>>36639190
Water+fruit>any tropicana juice/sugary garbage
>>
>>36639280
Water is the only thing you should ever drink.

Also, that breakfast is terrible.
>>
File: 1392086693257.png (93 KB, 251x245) Image search: [Google]
1392086693257.png
93 KB, 251x245
>>36639274
>apple juice
>orange juice
>refined sugar
>>
>>36639288

>comparing NATURAL juice (not concentrate) to a can of coke.

top kek
>>
>>36639289
>People understand a nonexistent difference
>>
>>36639289
Not apples dumb dumb
Apple juice
>>36639299
How about I naturally come over there and beat your ass
>>
>>36639294

I just want to eat foods that will lower my risk of heart issues and cancer. I don't care about being big and bulky.

I have really bad anxiety about the idea of my circulation system and I want to go on a health kick.
>>
Glass of water with an apple and an orange.

Or black coffee.

Nothing else, faggot.
>>
>>36639310
>health kick
9/10 go fuck yourself
>>
>>36639310
WATER
A
T
E
R
>>
If I take an apple and threw it into a juicer how is that any different then just eating the apple? (Assuming I eat the pulp, which I assume only pleps don't.)
>>
>>36639310
do not feel bad about eating any plant based foods.
if you want to lower risk of heart disease and cancer you should go vegan
>>
>>36639328

Ok I'll start drinking more water thanks anon.

Are there any foods I can eat that will like clean my arteries and shit? Is All bran any good?

I have asthma and my puffer depletes my potassium and I'm getting heart palpitations either from my anxiety or my inhaler.
>>
The glass of OJ with the whole apple would be healthier since OJ atleast retains some polyphenols whereas apple juice barely even has an ORAC value. Even better if the OJ has pulp.
>>
>>36639269
Fruit juice != Fruit
Sugars contained in fruit juices (even if they don't have other sugars added) are considered "free sugars" by the WHO
>>
>>36639348
Lose some god damn weight
>>
>>36639245
idk whos memeing in this thread anymore

is this vintage?
>>
>>36639329
some minute nutrients + fiber
>>36639348
stop drinking milk if you want to get rid of your asthma.
>>
>>36639310
>health kick

it's a complete change of lifestyle. you can't just eat healthy for 2 weeks every 6 months and then go on another 'health kick' when you feel like shit
>>
>>36639356
I'm 5'7 and 135. Im not exactly as healthy as I could be but I'm not fat.

>>36639360

How does milk trigger asthma? Source?
>>
>>36639348
There's no magic food that will get all up in your arteries with a squeegee , it's just a more nutritiousness balanced diet and regular exercise does that on it's own.
>>
>>36639366

I have really bad anxiety and if eating healthy can rid me of it without having to go on prozac I am more than willing to do a lifestyle change.
>>
>>36639373

The damage that's already done to my arteries. Can it be reversed over time?

I'm 24 years old and I've been smoking weed and eating like shit for 10 years. I understand that since I'm young I shouldn't exactly be worried about heart issues, but my anxiety and heart palpitations are getting worse.

I'm trying to stop smoking weed and I'm seeing help with that. But even when I don't smoke I still have really bad anxiety.

My doctor gave me prozac but I would only want to do that as a last resort.
>>
>>36639377
good pham

i got 'diagnosed' for add and got on meds for like 3 months and it was the worst shit i ever did. avoid medication if you can in anything, especially if it makes you think you can't function without it
>>
>>36639371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp3b3914Qos
>>
>>36639289

There is no difference, except fructose is slightly worse for you than sugar cane.
>>
File: 1459323516774.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1459323516774.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
Wait so are bananas bad for you?

I read that the sugar in there takes a long time to get processed so its a perfect mid meal snack when you have a craving or you just want to up your blood sugar for the afternoon.
>>
>>36639441
stop listening to these broscience fucks that say fruit is bad for you.
high sugar bananas are good because your body can use the energy faster than something like pasta or rice (eat brown spotty bananas, eating really yellow or green bananas is bad because they're starchy and hard to digest so they'll make you unable to shit)

i'll eat up to 4-5 bananas in a single meal and when i do i'm performing really well.
>>
>>36639483
>high sugar bananas are good because your body can use the energy faster

lol
>>
>>36639397
To an extent yes, but you can't undo all of it, unfortunately.

So you just have to do better from here on out.

Also your heart probably isn't actually weak or indanger, it's just for anxiety is manifesting as physical symptoms which is completely common.

Fuck prozac, tell your general practitioner you want a referral to psychiatrist and get some blood work done if you're really worried about your cholesterol, etc.
>>
>>36639329

>Assuming I eat the pulp

At that point why not just eat the apple whole? If you separate it into juice and pulp first, the juice will fuck you and then the pulp, if it includes the peel, might afterwards be damage control

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-juice-may-be-worse-than-sugar-water/

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-skin-peeling-back-cancer/
>>
>>36639190
Define juice
If by juice you mean store bought juice, save your money and drink sugar water
If you mean blending the apple yourself and drink the product, WHOLE, it's no different from eating the apple itself so I don't really see why everyone in this thread is acting all purist and health concerned, and then go on to post about iifym and other shit. Go for it, it's the same as eating an apple just easier to consume.
Half the time I eat oatmeal with pb, whey and honey for breakfast, the other half I eat a fruit smoothie with bananas, oranges, apples and berries in the blender. Excellent for carbs to get through the morning workout and other micros and fiber.
>>
>>36639659

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/green-smoothies-what-does-the-science-say/

>Here’s what happens to your blood sugar in the three hours after eating four and a half cups of apple slices: it goes up and comes down. But if you eat the same amount of sugar in apple juice form—about two cups—your body overreacts, releasing too much insulin, and you end up dipping below where you started. The removal of fiber in the production of fruit juice can enhance the insulin response and result in this “rebound hypoglycemia.” What would happen though, if you stuck those four and a half cups of sliced apples in a blender with some water, and puréed them into an apple smoothie? It would still have all its fiber, yet still cause that hypoglycemic dip. The rebound fall in blood sugars, which occurred during the second and third hours after juice and purée, was in striking contrast to the practically steady level after apples. This finding not only indicates how important the presence of fiber is, but also, perhaps whether or not the fiber is physically disrupted, as happens in the blender.
>>
>>36639190
My guess is that OJ + apple would be healthier. OJ isn't the best, but apple juice is just sugar water.
>>
>>36639691
Oh, a pity. Still better than bread. I won't buy it that easy though, I have to look for it myself.
>>
>>36639310
You should do cardio for your cardiovascular system bruh. It's in the name.
>>
>>36639329
It's slightly worse, the Apple will release energy slower than juice (but I might be wrong desu).
>>
>>36639691
>being so insulin resistant your first phase insulin response can't handle a blended apple
lmao
>>
>>36639190
If you had to choose one of the two options. Do Orange juice and apple no doubt.
>>
>>36639691
Is this bait? Am I supposed to not chew the apple either because of that fiber issue? Jesus this "research" reeks of bs
>>
>/fit/
>where juicing is accepted but fruit juice is bad
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.