[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can I be /fit/ if im an alcoholic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 701x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 701x468
how can I be /fit/ if im an alcoholic?
>>
spirits
>>
>>36638502
You really can't long term.
>>
Just drink vodka, senpai.
>>
>>36638502
Stick to beer, lift like crazy, be in permabulk and die early desu
>>
File: 1409972061500.png (45 KB, 240x220) Image search: [Google]
1409972061500.png
45 KB, 240x220
>>36638502
you can't be /fit/ but you can be builtfat

you wouldn't be able to get lean and retain muscle drinking daily, even if you fit it into your daily calories, because the calories are useless to your muscles

so if you try to get cut up while being a heavy drinker, you'll become a skeleton.

if you eat enough food to gain muscle and still drink, your protein synthesis will be slowed, and you will add on fat on top of the little muscle you do gain

mayube after 5 years you would look half decent. cutting drinking back to only on the weekend, limiting yourself to no more than like 6 drinks, does wonders. if you still must get legitimately drunk, keep it to once a month
>>
>solve alcohol problem
>get fit
>???
>profit
>>
>>36638552

nah dude alcohol calories don't work like regular calories, they can't get stored as fat/muscle

your body does shut down fat burning and protein synthesis while your liver takes care of the booze tho

that's why you gotta keep your dietary fat low when you drink and only drink spirits when you do

drinking daily wouldn't even be an issue, but alcoholism would be
>>
>>36638575
>alcoholism
>drinking daily

pick two
>>
>>36638575
>drinking daily wouldn't even be an issue, but alcoholism would be

How do I add 1 + 1 without getting 2?
>>
Alcohol kills test big time through about 7 different pathways gotta stay away bro
>>
>>36638583

lol, no

you're an alcoholic if you HAVE to drink and if you quit you get withdrawals

you can go out on the town every night and enjoy yourself with friends and drink moderately without being an alc
>>
>>36638620
There's different kinds of alcoholism. It's not just a strong physical dependency on alcohol.

I quit drinking almost 3 months ago. While I did have mild withdrawal, I've leaned that I didn't so much have a problem with alcohol as I have a problem with sobriety. Actually dealing with shit is way less fun than drinking and blowing it off.
>>
Thought drinking muh red wine would be ok.
It's not.
>>
>>36638674

that's alcohol abuse.

still, going out every night isn't really the same. if you've got your shit in order and you're okay with getting by sober, it's just a way to enjoy yourself with others.

so yeah, deal with your shit, go out and have fun. i've been there, fampai.

i wouldn't recommend drinking alone, though.
>>
>>36638620
Actually alcoholism is a behavior although what causes the behavior is different
>>
>>36638502
I'm a T-totaler. Not for religious reasons, I'm just a dork. But I'm curious about the nutritional implication of alcohol. From what I remember from biology class, it's metabolism is similar to carbohydrates, but different enough that some people classify it was a fourth macronutrient.
>>
>>36639071
>But I'm curious about the nutritional implication of alcohol.
It's just empty calories, similar to fructose except poisonous.
>>
>>36639110
Hah, that's exactly what the anti-fructose people say but the other way around.
>>
Stop drinking.

Ex alcholic here
>year and a half sober
>cut dies with useless friends
>gains gone up 109%
>more confident
>no longer depressed

Alcohol is a shit drug.
>>
Keep doing what you're doing, but add in some running on days that you plan drinking
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.