[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so i joined a gym...what now? Just lift despite my skelly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 600x596
Okay, so i joined a gym...what now? Just lift despite my skelly diet?

I guess we'll see how it goes at $12.95 per week
>>
>>36638369
Change your fucking diet then
>>
>>36638386
Theres so many recipes on the internet i honestly dont know where to start. Surely theres a better way to do this than shooting blind
>>
>>36638413
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36638451
I did. it pretty much wants me to go the iifym route
>>
Literally eat shit loads of steak oats and chicken it's this simple
>>
>>36638635
Yes but you expect me to just fry them and eat it with just salt and pepper. I need recipes but dont know whats good and what's garbage
>>
>>36638413

you don't need to know how to cook

literally just eat enough food
>>
>>36638635
Deers eat oats. And Does eat oats.

And little lambs eat ivy.
>>
>>36638657
Youre fucking retarded

Put chicken in a pan and season it and make some rice a roni or some bullshit with it and youre good
>>
>>36638657
What kind of imbecile are you
Look up "healthy chicken recipes" on google or whatever you want to fucking cook
Oats, fish, meat, chicken, vegetables, whey protein, all that shit senpai
How fucking stupid do you have to be to not know what's healthy
>>
>>36638657
I don't think he's gonna make it
>>
>>36638671

A kid will eat ivy too. Wouldn't you?
>>
>>36638676
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/26434/paprika+chicken+with+quinoa+tabbouleh

Who wouldve thought im also on my way to become an amateur chef
>>
>>36638685
Maybe if I was bulking
>>
>>36638657
Jesus fucking Christ OP, how do you manage to tie your shoes?

You're sitting on a computer, google "healthy recipes for idiots like myself because I am fucking helpless"

I bet your mom breastfed you until you were 13 you're so God damn weak and feeble.
>>
>>36638817
Enough, enough of the hazing, this isnt college, kid, its lame and makes me internally roll my eyes. If you cant help then i can at least thank you for the bump
>>
>>36638911
lmao this fucking idiot, we're not hazing you faggot. Whats wrong butthurt?
>>
>>36639004
Very helpful, thanks for the bump. Nextt time use sage
>>
>>36639016
thanks for the tip. will use it next time :)
>>
>>36638369
Damn anon, my gym in only 15.99 a month. No contract either.
>>
>>36639183
Average income in Sydney is $100kAUD last time i checked (2014) so $13 a week makes sense
>>
>>36638817
/thread
>>
>>36639275
>Average income is $100k
No it's fucking not lol. Where are you getting these stats?
>>
I'm not sure if OP is trolling at this point but I'll offer a tip anyway-

Firstly, forget recipes online. Most of them are focused on proper cooking with fresh ingredients. If you're interested in that then it's pretty rewarding but if you just want to make yourself a meal then these recipes will be a bit too involved.

Secondly, here's what I do when I want to keep it REAL simple:
1. Create a generic seasoning. Take a decent salt shaker and fill it with the seasoning you just made. I'd recommend: 1 part black pepper, 1 part hot paprika, 1 part garlic granules and 1 part salt. Nice and simple (2 parts salt if you prefer). Just fill a tablespoon with those 4 ingredients, dump it onto a piece of paper or something, mix it around a bit and then pour it into the salt dispenser. Throw a couple grains of rice in there too - it should never come out of the holes but it keeps it dry and stops it ever clumping.

2. Choose meat. Cover meat in your seasoning. cook in frying pan. If it's a very lean meat (chicken breast) a tiny amount of olive oil helps.

3. Add veggies. Raw, boiled, steamed, salad, roots... whatever.

4. Add a good carb - brown rice is the obvious one but as long as the portion is quite small you can add whatever you want without it being unhealthy. Personally I love new/baby potatoes (inc skin) - even though they're a simpler carb and therefore not as good, they make me enjoy my meal more so I often go with that.

That's all there is to it. Meat, veggies, carb and seasoning. If you don't want to make your own seasoning just buy some powders and try them out. http://groceries.asda.com/search/seasoning
>>
>>36641115
you shouldnt really use olive oil for frying
rest of the post is spot on though
>>
>>36638481
count your tdee, count your calories and eat 500 above your tdee, it's not iifym you giant mong
>>
>>36638752
you don't...
>>
>>36641128

why not olive oil for frying?

maybe you're thinking of extra virgin olive oil, but olive oil is fine (not real if you get in in USA, but i digress)
>>
>>36638369
Candy has tons of carb in small amounts so carbs are easy.

Protien will be harder but ground beef has fat plus protien so you should be good there.

You'll probably be able to make some gains on the candy/beef diet.
>>
Is it a bad idea to eat 2 mcchicken every day? I'm skelly.
>>
>>36642624
yes.
mcchicken has 388kcal. 2 of them makes 776kcal. You want to be eating at least 2,500-3,000kcal... so, you need at least 7 mcchickens.
>>
>>36638413
eat what you normally eat, but eat more of it and with more meat. it's not rocket science, christ.
>>
>>36642553
because it's oil and you can easily put in 200-300 cals worth without realising. if you're bulking then it's fine. if you're cutting it's fine too, but you can easily sabotage your cut if you're frying stuff in oil.
>>
>>36642863
nah, you need some fats. A meal of chicken, rice and veggies = zero fats. Unless you're intentionally getting some fats from other meals, you'll want to ensure you add a bit.

Getting all your fats from other meals is a perfectly valid approach though. Eggs, nuts, seeds, some fattier meats (wouldn't want to get all my fat from meat though, not enough monounsaturated). Just need to measure fat carefully since it's so calorie-dense. OP is skelly so he doesn't need to be too concerned. Fry everything in olive oil OP.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.