[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't make gainz :,,,,,,,(
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12
File: IMGA0082[1].jpg (248 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMGA0082[1].jpg
248 KB, 1200x1600
It sucks my metabolism is crazy. I have a job where I am doing physical labor innawoods for 9 hrs plus every day but weekends. I havent weighed myself until recently and I FOUND OUT I WEIGH 130 FUCKING POUNDS!!!! im 6'4 for fucks sake. I'm already eating 5k calories a day, drinking oatmeal shakes exc. Why must i be the hell gainer.
>>
Lol at 6'4'' its impossible to look like you lift natty.
>>
>>36635541
Get a job where you're not doing manual labor innawoods for 9+ hours a day. Or eat peanut butter by the jar.
>>
Do you eat sugary foods and/or drink soda? I know tons of incredibly skinny people who eat the unhealthiest stuff they can find
Try eating healthy if you eat unhealthy
Another thing, you might be lifting wrong. Lift heavy weights (the heaviest you can lift) and do 3 sets of low reps while making sure you have the right form (your form is crucial)
>>
>>36635634
>>>36635541 (OP)
>Get a job where you're not doing manual labor innawoods for 9+ hours a day. Or eat peanut butter by the jar.

I already do :,,,(
>>
>5k calories
doubt it

I can guarantee you're just guesstimating it, probably ignoring the days where you skip breakfast due to a lack of time, when you eat just a sandwich for lunch and just thinking of the days where you ate a full pizza on your own (but didn't eat anything else the rest of the day)

>>36635653
it is impossible to clean bulk on 5k cal/day. if you reach your required macros for the day, there's nothing wrong with binging on shit, super calorie-dense food when you're a literal skeleton
>>
>>36635653
I eat extremely healthy and abhor sugar I don't lift i do physical labor lol.
>>
>>36635611
I know this feel
>>
>>36635683
>I don't lift
Nigger thats your problem then
>>
I really doubt you eat 5k+ calories a day, and if you come anywhere close, I find it hard to believe you're eating right, which is just as important.

Can you give a complete listing of what you ate in one day? Literally every thing you ate. Hint: if you can't remember, you're not tracking your food enough. Glancing at calorie content and ballparking is not enough. You need to have a running total in your head (or, if you're starting out you can keep a note somewhere) of calories and macros for the day.

I could tell you everything I ate on my 3000cal cut for the last few days, and that's why I'm experiencing success.
>>
>>36635683
>extremely healthy

We'll be the judge of that. Food log, please.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 670x913) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 670x913
>>36635541
Thank youuuuuuu Mr Skeleton
>>
>>36635681
I count my calories m8. I have a 1200 olive oil honey yoghurt veggie and oat smoothie in the morning(tastes like shit desu)

I get 2 15 minutes breaks where i consume about 1k calories each in fruit and meat/pb sandwhiches+ a lunch with another meal of at least 1k.

Then I eat a solid dinner.

I just work too damn hard, i have to set an example for all my little crew bitches of how to swing tools like a man. Moving like a machine all day is what got me my spot.
>>
>>36635653
breh
if he is going for mass gain and aesthetics he would want to do an isolation focused bro split with moderately heavy weight for controlled reps of about 8-12 with 3x4 sets and then finish up finish up his workout with moderate intensity and volume full body compound shit like squat ohp dl and bench(for max efficiency use heavier dumbbells and get a good stretch and do pause reps) so he not only activates all muscle often but also to get his anabolic hormones flowing to help boost the hypertrophy from his bro split. I also recommend the bro split be upper push lower push upper pull lower pull and if you want accessory arms and shoulder work and abs if you give a shit
>>
>>36635796
Look man, you came here for advice, and now you're ignoring the first piece you get, and you're getting it from multiple people.

I'm starting to think you're trolling.

Your body is not a miracle of science. If you were eating 5k calories, you WOULD gain weight one way or the other.

We need a complete food log, ideally for an entire week, but we can go with a day to start. What did you eat yesterday, I need calorie counts on EVERY SINGLE ITEM, protein/carb/fat counts, I know this sounds like a lot, I'm not sure where you got the idea making a major body re-composition would be easy.
>>
>>36635541

EAT MORE

You need to eat 10000 calories if you can
>>
op is fucking trolling

9/10 I guess for wasting the time of some guys just trying to help people

ya sure got us
>>
>>36635829

He is 6'4 and works nine hour days. Chances are this canuck burns more than 5000 calories a day.
>>
>>36635730
not really?

he should still be gaining weight on a 5k calorie/day diet. if he isn't, lifting isn't gonna do shit for him either, he's forever going to remain a skeleton.
>>
How's your form, OP? You may not be lifting as hard as you think you are if your posture is lacking, or if you're relying on momentum to "help" you through your set.
>>
Just take some testosterone bruh. You'll explode. Don't see why you wouldn't.
>>
>>36635889
I'm 6'6 and am on my feet 6 hours a day for work.

Hell, Rich fucking Piana wouldn't burn 5000 calories a day without his intense as fuck workouts, you're telling me this twink is just naturally burning that much?

Oh wait, I forgot, you're OP continuing to troll from multiple angles.
>>
>>36635829
I don't have auto refresh srry ill send out a more detailed log in a sec
>>
>>>36635829

This was what my usual meal setup is

MORNING
SMOOTHIE I DRINK OVER 1/2 hr
5 tbs olive oil ~ 550
1 carrot and some spinach
4 tbs honey ~ 240
1 yoghurt container -90
1 cup oats ~ 350
>>
>>36635969
Not a big fan of the texture from the oats and spinach
>>
>>36635771
underrated
>>
morning and afternoon break

PB SANDWICH x2
3tbs store ground pb ~270
2 Ezekiel bread slices(sprouted made with legumes) - 180 8g of protean
1 bannana - 100
1.5 tbs honey `90
^2 of these is close to 1k

ORANGE -45

Sometimes i eat a nature valley bar (190)
>>
Lunch
2 bread slices 180g 8g protean
meat slices i try to make about ~200
put on some tomatoes lettuce and mustard
dip in 2 tbs of olive oil - 200
yoghurt cup - 100

homemade oatmeal berry cookies sometimes ~ 200
^oats honey pb little bit of flour whatever dried berries i have
>>
>>36635918
Not me. Standing for 6 hours in not hiking up and down hills swinging a hand tool for at least 8 hours a day. Lifting does not burn shit compared to running swimming and real labor
>>
>>36635918
that's a pretty fucking retarded comparison. weightlifting burns a completely negligible amount of calories compared to something like running.

if he really is doing heavy physical labor in the woods, constantly running around, it's not unreasonable that he could be burning through 5k calories/day. his BMR is probably decently high even at 130 pounds considering he's 6'4.

that's assuming he's telling the truth though.
>>
>>36635541
Lanklet discovers its not really a bad thing to be under 6'1 never going to make it
>>
I have pretty big variety in my dinners but i try to eat a lot.

sometimes its hard when i haven't been able to shit for the 2-3rd time but i force myself to eat anyway
>>
>>36636297

GOMAD
>>
>>36636275
I might be lanky, you might be able to outlift me, but I would work your ass into the dirt if you tried to keep up with my pace. I'm crewlead for a reason son.

I'm just trying to find some more high calorie solutions. I'm already guzzling olive oil and eating a shitton of PB. I would really have trouble eating more than i already am.
>>
>>36636193
and more importantly, what is OP expecting to get out of this thread, assuming he's being truthful?

it's not rocket science, it's calories in vs calories out. either you increase the number of calories going in by eating a lot more (try to drink your calories, it's easier if you aren't hungry) or lower the number of calories going out by getting a different job.
>>
>>36636325
Hmm i might try putting milk in my diet. Animal fat is really bad for you though, also a lot of milk is puss.
>>
File: 1459235324667.png (505 KB, 500x752) Image search: [Google]
1459235324667.png
505 KB, 500x752
>>36636378
>>
>>36635541
How are you so thin but don't have any abs to show at all
>>
>>36636339
calorie solutions I don't want to leave my job.

I suppose i could have smoothies afterwork but I'm already full most of the time. I really can't increase the amount of food I eat during my work hours. I could force some down afterwork but I'm already uncomfortable before i shit eating 4 huge PBS a day.

Maybe having just a bunch of fruit and veggie smoothies to help shit digest? These don't have a ton of calories though.
>>
File: 1369070165770778.jpg (9 KB, 240x181) Image search: [Google]
1369070165770778.jpg
9 KB, 240x181
>>36635541
>It sucks my metabolism is crazy.
>metabolism

You know obese fatasses say the same exact thing, just they're on the other side of the spectrum? They're retards, dont be a retard.
>>
>>36636432
I'm not flexing faggot. Half my abs are shaded
>>
>>36635541
Adding to my other post below
>>36636446

If you work hard physical labour, then yes of course your metabolism will be higher, so in turn you have to eat even more to gain in the gym.
>>
Lot of people not OP commenting on his job. If he's doing "intense physical labor" for "ten hours a day" then he should at the very least be hardcore ottermode, not bordering on receiving aid from the U.S. Hunger Relief Organization as the guy in his picture would be.

He shouldn't even have to go to the gym.
>>
>>36636452
lmao

if you have to flex to show your abs you don't have a real 6 pack
>>
>>36636164
>~200

200 what? grams? calories?

Off the top of my head, and we haven't gotten to dinner, you're not eating a QUARTER of the protein you should be getting. You're looking to put on mass at 6'4 you need, and I'm not doing your real stats here, just spitballing, probably over 200g of protein a day. Every single day. And it wouldn't hurt to look into supplementing with BCAAs.

Just glancing over your shit it looks like we're done with lunch and we've had maybe ~100g protein? Maybe? You're just drinking a fuckton of olive oil, dude. You need meat, protein powder, fuck I don't care if you eat legumes, you need way more protein.

For reference, Rich Piano probably eats like 3-400 grams a day. I know you don't want to look like him, but it's just for scale.
>>
>>36635541

>6'4
>130 pounds

MY SIDEZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>36636488
Meh I can see them all outlined , I don't do any targeted exercises all I do is work.
>>
>>36636526
>>36636526
Here again

Dude, for reference, I'm 6'6, 250lbs, trying to CUT and lose fat, and I'm still eating 180g protein a day and weightlifting hard just to ensure I lose as little muscle as possible.
>>
>>36636526
he doesn't even lift and you are COMPLETELY missing the point.

you don't need protein to gain weight.
>>
I would recommend watching some of Rich's BBTD videos, obviously you don't want to look like him, you don't want to take steroids yet, but he has a lot of info in those videos just watching him eat day to day and shit. Puts into perspective how much you have to eat on top of everything else he does, and how important it is.

Put it this way, he's pumping enough steroids to kill a horse, supplementing with legal supplements (which you are not) and he STILL needs to eat like a complete pig to see results. You're taller than him, too!
>>
If you consistently eat enough calories you will gain weight. Its mathematically impossible not to gain weight if you eat enough
>>
>>36635541
How long have you been held prisoner?
>>
>>36636579
Yes, I'm sure he's drinking olive oil because he wants to get fat, not build muscle. CLEARLY he's on this board because he doesn't want to put on muscle.

What?
>>
Protein shakes and chicken breasts, it really isn't that difficult dude. You're just gonna be spending a ton on protein, I recommend two shakes a day.
>>
File: 1454127414626.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1454127414626.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>>36635541
just drink regular coke and beer daily, eat some junk food. forget the moronic clean diet and oat meals you are following
>>
>>36636610
HE'S NOT GAINING WEIGHT PERIOD. NO MUSCLES, NO FAT.

YOUR "DURR PROTEIN" ADVICE MAKES NO SENSE
>>
File: ezekhielbread.jpg (3 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
ezekhielbread.jpg
3 MB, 3456x2592
>>36636526
im referencing calories
my bread has 4g of complete protean in each slice THIS BREAD IS THE SHIT!!!

every meal except breakfast i'm eating peanut butter or or meat.

lemme try and total protean
bread slice x6 24g protean
12 tbs PB 48g
Counting all my yogurt and meat lunch/ dinner I probably come out to about 120

What would be a good change to get that extra 60g protean? I'd like to use powder as little as possible.
>>
>>36635541
its physically impossible for you to be eating 5k calories a day and be losing weight you either have a parasite or you are lying/ bad at counting
>>
>>36636671
Eat more animal protein. Chicken breast is the shit.
>>
>>36636624
I tried eating shitty sugery food once. It doesn't work and it affected my work performance. It just makes you feel shitty when working and you tire out faster.

Clean fats are best to have sustained energy. Pair this with some clean carbs and you can work like a machine all day.
You can't work hard if you are not consuming a lot of fat period. Anyone in my field will tell you fat is power.

What I have picked up so far is that i just need to force myself to eat more especially protean.

Ill increase my olive oil intake to increase my calories but what would be good for protean?
>>
>>36636685
Not op but I work at a job that literally burns 5k+ calories everyday. It's hard to gain but not impossible.
>>
>>36636693
Alright ill try to have some meat in addition to my morning smoothie.

>>36636685
I went to the doctor for a checkup thats how i found out about my weight I don't have parasites. I posted my calorie counts. Maybe you are just a lazy fuck worker that doesnt know how hard people can work I would probsbly fire you if you were on my crew. since i took this job I have dropped from the 147 to 130 with a large bump in my daily intake.
I don't care that much about aesthetics but i want to weigh at least 145.
>>
>>36636816
Some people don't realize how easy it is to burn calories. Ignore them. Honestly, your only solution is to eat more or get a different job. I have no idea in hell how you could eat more than 5k, I struggle with eating 3k, so good luck. As for calorie dense foods, it seems like you know the cheapest one is peanut butter. You could also try Mass Gainers. Other than that, I'd recommend eating very "dirty" foods for dinner or breakfast.
>>
>>36636466
He should be strong as fuck if he's doing hard physical labour to the extent he's not getting bigger on 5K cals.
>>
>>36637020
I don't go to the gym but I am the move-big-log-to-burn-piles champion. King of the rock deadlift.
>>
>>36637020
not really, have you ever seen a marathon runner?
>>
>>36637047
Marathon runners have strong as fuck legs.
>>
File: SECRET.jpg (94 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
SECRET.jpg
94 KB, 640x640
>>36635541
>you work on "physical labour" for 9 hours a day
>he eats 5k calories
>he's 6'4
>he weighs 60 kg

You niggas believe this? He's literally the weight of a teenage girl and 6'4. Somehow he's doing physical labour for 9 hours. Kekeroo familia.
MUH METABOLISM.
>>
>>36637080
Cut as fuck with a tight bone structure niqqa. I have an indian build. (not all indians are niggers)

My natural body weight is around 150.
>>
File: very muscly marathon runners.jpg (75 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
very muscly marathon runners.jpg
75 KB, 600x444
>>36637074
oh
>>
>>36637148
What's an Indian build? All Indians I know put on mass very quickly. You must be east African drought build.
>>
>>36635541
eat more faggot you know what were going to tell you.
>>
>>36635541
Why don't you play a sport professionally instead like basketball?

>earn $1M/year
>lots of qts mirin'

Anyhow, I don't believe you are 130 I mean I'm 5'6" and 130 and I'm lean and dyel.
>>
>>36635969
>What are macros
>>
>>36635541
your lying, or mistaken. iam pretty sure you can't even join the military with that height and weight since you would be underweight. you should do that, join the military should be a breeze if you work as hard as you say you do.
>>
File: x-d (2).jpg (21 KB, 236x283) Image search: [Google]
x-d (2).jpg
21 KB, 236x283
>>36637174
Eh, they are by brosplit standards.
>>
>>36636671
>wants to gain weight on fucking bread and plants
I dont give a shit how many dicks you swing around at your shitty job but your never going to put decent weight if you dont eat animal products in you or if dont get your protein intake right.
>>
>>36635969
you really believe you are absorbing all those calories from olive oil?
as a greek ill tell you that every grandma here puts at least 5tbs in the salad 2 times a day and nobody in my family is fat.thats because you simply dont absorb all the calories from liquids.my grandma weighs like 40kg for fucks sake.man up and eat real food,ideally containing some protein.get some fish and meat.get some milk.why arent you drinking a milk based shake in the morning?
>>
>>36637578
This as well, sorry, I was helping you earlier but I left the house. You're probably not fully digesting and absorbing all those olive oil calories. They're meant to supplement a shake or something to fatten it up, not to be taken with almost every meal.

We didn't see dinner, so we still only have three meals, OP. Your breakfast, pb sandwich snack, and lunch. You're nowhere near 5k calories yet, let's see some more.

And like some others have said, I'd like to see the extremely physically demanding job that gets done for 10 hours a day and doesn't net you an amazing body. Maybe physically exhausting 4U, when you look like that, but imagine what you or Rich Piana would consider "physically exhausting". If the answer is he would do your job while barely breaking a sweat, you're probably not working as hard as you think.
>>
File: RACLp.jpg (30 KB, 430x580) Image search: [Google]
RACLp.jpg
30 KB, 430x580
>>36637074
>Marathon runners
I think you mean Olympic level sprinters...
>>
>>36636337
mile time? I'm willing to bet I could outrun and outlift you.
>>
>>36637659
Holy fuck his calf.
>>
File: Gandhi_during_the_Salt_March.jpg (2 MB, 3268x2360) Image search: [Google]
Gandhi_during_the_Salt_March.jpg
2 MB, 3268x2360
>>36637277
You must know south indians
>>
you're lying, if you do 9 hours of physical labour your core would be lot stronger but i'm gonna take the bait
do this shake 2x a day and you'll guaranteed gain weight
2x
Mass gainer 120g
milk 300ml
honey 2tbsp
whey 2 scoops
oats 2 scoops
banana 1

thats about 1100 calories right there, with enough protein and a fuckload of calories for you, on your lunch eat pork, cheap and has more calories than chicken or red meat

for dinner you'll eat a huge peanut butter+chicken+fat cheese sandwish with whole milk

there you go, at least 3500 calories for you
>>
>>36635541
I could whoop your ass skeletor. Quit bitching and lift more.
>>
>>36637666
walked 3 miles uptrail with 3 gallons of water a hand tool and a full saw pack in 27 minutes

Working hard is not about physical ability but your ability to endure misery. I out hike and outwork people stronger and bigger than me.

>>36637877
AhHAHAhahaAHAHhahahAHAH Maybe if you are a blackbelt as well as a faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 552x594
>>36635541
>auschwitz
At least u have humor mr skeleton
>>
uuup
>>
>>36635541
I gained 45 pounds doing 12 hours of hard physical labor with no safety gear in construction. Shoveling, lifting poles, hammering, etc

Eat more, lift more at work, work harder.
>>
>>36638069
weight class is pretty fucking important dude, if you weigh 130 most healthy adults could probably beat your ass.
>>
>>36638143
Not wearing safety gear shouldn't be a mark of pride you little dink.
>>
>>36635541
Drink heavy creme or coffee creamer son

Ice cream lots of it too
>>
>>36638341
It means I climb really fucking fast up and down walls all day. And in general do some sketchy ass shit that requires me to exert myself or I fall.

What I'm saying is I work harder than the OP for longer hours doing anything I can, and eat less than his fantasy calories and have consistently gained weight doing it.

Which means the op is a liar and is not only eating less than he says, but also probably only doing cardio at his job. There's days where I shovel the entire day and I've never really lost weight.

>I'm a miracle of science

Fucking Jeff Seid eats 5k calories a day on gear and works out all the time and is only getting bigger while staying shredded. I can't believe op thought he could fool an entire board who studies calories like a fucking exam
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.