[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone in the Military?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 9
Post your environment, job, routines in basic training, and your routine now to stay /fit/
>>
>>36634995
Was in the navy for 4 years, got out 1 year ago and now im joining the army. To stay in shape the same rules apply. Lift weights and eat right.
>>
>>36635298
Str8 cray senpai what made you want to leave and go into another branch?
>>
>>36635342
The navy was lots of fun and i joined right after highschool. Honestly was great, I did save money and got to travel and made great friends the problem was that it was boring as shit. Most of my time was spent cleaning/sweeping. I got out to try college and then realized i fucking hate school and was bored out of my mind again. So now im going army and going to try a MoS thats way more intense and hands on/physical.
>>
>>36635389
>Most of my time was spent cleaning/sweeping.

what rate were you fampai?
>>
>>36635401
OS on a cruiser at 32nd street in San Diego.
>>
>>36635389
what mos are you going into the army with?
>>
Any air force people around that wouldn't mind sharing some wisdom to a weak person who is planning on joining?
>>
any britlads got any experiences about life in the brit army?
>>
>>36635452
> air force
> physical fitness

top kek my friend
>>
>>36635446
LOL, they tell you.
>>
>>36635446
You're obviously gonna laugh and tell me i cant make it but I want to go in as an 18x. Chances are slim that id make it but ive prepared in every way i can and id regret it for the rest of my life if i didnt try it.
>>36635452
Its called chair force for a reason.
>>36635467
no they dont, what are you talking about
>>
>>36635452
Chair force queen. Have fen getting your mandatory pedicures, faggot.
>>
>>36635418
How did you exercise at sea?
>>
>>36635467
t. someone who doesn't know what they're talking about

>>36635473
what is your pt score?

pushups?

situps?

2 mile?
>>
>Paras
>Not being skinny from starvation
>>
>>36635452
If you're out of shape, join the Navy. They have even lower physical standards than the Chair Force.

5'11, 210lb fat fuck here, I'm shipping out to Navy boot camp in a month.
>>
>>36635528
Ships have gyms on them bro, the bigger the ship the better the gym. We had treadmills and elipticalls and had a full dumbell rack and benches.Its obviously wasnt perfect but better than nothing.
>>36635534
Trust me im no CoD 18 year old fool. My numbers are good and only going to get better.
80 pushups and 90 situps. 2 mile 12:13.
>>
>>36635556
How am I supposed to squat when I'm in a boat? Do you even notice the floor moving beneath you?
>>
11b Currently deployed.

The gym is shit here. Look forward to being home.

I run three times a week... I do intervals 30/60's 60/120's one day... then i do 1/4 mile and half mile intervals another... then i do one 4-5 mile run a week.

For lifting I'm working on getting up to 4/3/2/1... Also do dips, some dumbell stuff, pullups/chinups, planks, decline weighted situps, and use an ab wheel.

I usually ride the stationary bike on my lifting days.

All of the above is what I strive for. Often I'm working at night and have shit to do when I'm not sleeping so it's not perfect.

Plan on going to selection in a few months.
>>
>>36635465
>>36635473
>>36635510
Any of you have good stories of the Chair Force? I know some bitch that joined wanting to go into healthcare or some shit even though she got a business degree. I'm sure she's probably only getting good at sucking dick.
>>
>>36635473
>>36635534
Where do the cooks come from? Who are the janitors? They're the shafted recruits.
>>
>>36635556
>80 pushups
Brah thats shit
>>
>>36635571
Lol you definitely notice, many people get seasick. And cant squat with a bar homie. Gotta do dumbell squats.
>>36635584
Cooks are an actual job/rate. And everyone is a janitor. Every rate cleans there own spaces.
>>
>>36635556
fosho. your numbers are looking good

I was told that you have to have a 350 pt score on the extended scale to be competitive for ranger school. I would assume that 18x needs a higher score and will be more competitive. You have a leg up sort of from being navy prior service. Do you guys go over tactics at all?

What did you get on your ASVAB?
>>
>>36635584
I know a girl who just went through basic as a cook. She was a dumb bitch and I'm surprised she made it and surprised she even passed the asvab.

those are the kind of people that go cook/janitor
>>
>>36635595
Im talking real chest to floor pushups senpai. Full RoM.
>>36635600
Thanks man, ya everyone says you have to be a physical beast whch i dont doubt but considering im older and know what i want i think that will give me an edge. 95 Asvab. And some tactis for on board ship shooters and similar but nothing like a spec ops level.
>>
Been in the navy 3 years. When you're ashore you just spend whatever free time you have at the gym. Command group pt sessions are bullshit. When you're at sea trying to stay in shape becomes a much bigger hassle.

Lines for everything, especially the tiny ass gyms. You gotta have your supplements on automatic order from Amazon too. And if you go to the gym a lot you'll probably have to do laundry more often, and doing laundry on a ship sucks.
>>
>>36635584
I know a cook in the guard. He's funny as hell and always has spices/rooster sauce in his bag. Good guy...smart too
>>
>>36635631
All this is true. But if you want it bad enough you can still make gains. A guy in my division used to lift every night at midnight and he was huge.
>>
>>36635627
sounds like you might make it, just keep increasing you pt score

good luck fampai
>>
>>36635596
>And cant squat with a bar homie. Gotta do dumbell squats.

NAVY CONFIRMED FOR GAINZ GOBLINS
>>
>>36635686
>seamen
>>
>leave for basic in a month
>30 pushups, like 15 sit ups, 15 minute 1.5 mile

how fucked am I
>>
File: yo517bb46d.jpg (61 KB, 589x223) Image search: [Google]
yo517bb46d.jpg
61 KB, 589x223
Instead of having PTSD the SAS start hallucinating in the field
>>
Shit man if youre that committed cant you sign up for Ranger school or something like that? Sorry dont know much about the military.
>>
>>36635695
jesus christ. How did you even secure a contract? Air Force/Navy? You can probably make noob gains pretty quick.... just work hard.
>>
>>36635675
Thanks senpai
>>36635686
It sucks I know, but it doesnt last forever. You pull into port and most have amazing gyms. Make up for it there.
>>36635695
Extremely
>>
>>36635655
I don't really care about getting huge, I'm more worried about getting fat if I'm at sea for a long time.
>>
>>36635596
Yes, obviously everyone cleans their own space. It's part of the discipline they instill in you. Military facilities aren't made up of barracks only.
>>
>>36635700
Ranger School is just a leadership school. You can get an option 40 contract... you get to attend RASP... selection for Ranger Battalion. You can also do an 18x contract which is the same type of deal, but for SF.

Nearly everyone in my company at basic when I went to sand hill dropped their option 40's and 18x contracts. Only one dude that I know of made it to Regiment.
>>
>>36635708
Navy. I'm a recovering fat fuck, lost 150lbs and I think the doctor at MEPS just kinda took pity on me when he saw my disgusting recked skin. Said something about weight loss showing character before he let me go.

What do I do to train with the month I have left?
>>
>>36635716
Well just eat appropriately and again we had dumbells galore plus treadmills. It aint perfect but you just gotta make it work.
>>36635729
I dont get what you are syaing cause thats what i said.
>>36635738
Yo if you actually ahve some insight into this please dumb some info. I've heard this that most drop their contracts even before reaching selection whichs blows my mind. Is it the PT? Mentally challenging?
>>
>>36635753
Running and increase flexibility/stretching for injury prevention, all boot camp is is body weight stuff and running. You dont lift any weights
>>
File: FB_IMG_1438778711651.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1438778711651.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
11B US infantry. Modified 5/3/1 that I do 2x a week instead of 1. Just finished a 6mo blast so I'm prolly going to switch to PPLxUL.
I have a herniated disc so I don't do PT, makes it easier to keep a lifting routine.
Hurr durr PT score, fuck all you fags, it doesn't mean shit. You could have a 350, but it doesn't go on record. You could be a PT stud all you want but you still won't hack it in SF.
I got a 98 asvab, 137 GT, fit as fuck and I got hurt. Shit happens, maybe I can get surgery and make it back in a few years.
Advice for anyone that wants to make it:
Run far, walk fast, and practice carrying heavy shit around.
>>
>>36635760
The vast majority of people with the contracts were COD kids who thought they wanted to be operators...

Sure, OSUT was tough... not that bad though. It's just a bit of a shock when you actually get there and reality sets in.

If you're a little older and more mature you will likely be fine.

I went when I was 25... I was in the middle of the pack for PT and everything else... just was the gray man the whole time. It sucked dealing with all of the retards in my company more so than the actually drill sergeants... they were funny as fuck.

I think people just got worn down by the prospect of after 4 months of getting smoked constantly having to continue doing that at an elevated stress level at selection.

You just have to have the right mindset and know that it's what you truly want. Getting to Sand Hill and then realizing it's not for you is what gets people I think.
>>
>>36635576
>deployed
How's tower guard and a free combat patch/cib faggot?
>>
>>36635760
The military has full time cleaning staff, who are enlisted soldiers. It's a shit job that nobody wants.
>>
>>36635868
Pretty gay desu. My Battalion is a retarded gaggle of fuck ups.
>>
>>36635873
Literally none of that is true. Why are you lying? What you may be thinking of is people at TPU who are injured or LimDu.
>>36635854
This jives with everything ive heard i just cant beleive its true that these stupid 18 year olds would join because they love CoD.
>>
>>36635854
>osut was tough
OSUT was a fucking joke. I've had tougher camping trips.
>contracts were cod kids
This is the biggest bunch of shit. Most of the guys I knew were people looking for a challenge after not finding it anywhere else in life.
>>
>>36635898
Iktf fampai. Are you with the 101st?
>>
>>36635932
Explain some more please. You made it through?
>>
>>36635932
Cool bro. We had different experiences. Alright, I guess I'll let you the true ALPHA have the floor because your word invalidates my word because you are one hard charging badass hooah mother fucker.

Jesus Christ next your going to try and pull rank and TIG on 4 chan you fucking faggot.
>>
>>36635980
Ignore that guy, is there any info you can think of that would help me and is vital to know. Literally anything you can think of dumping im willing to read.
>>
going into the army as a 19k soon
can't wait
>>
>>36635980
Lmao wtf are you going on about? You're the kind of guy that's never going to make it. Some loud ass punk trying to take every opportunity to call someone out. It's not about being hooah, you fucking chode. It's about something you'd never understand. >>36635997
What are you going to read? Nothing you read can prepare you.
>>
>>36636056
I didnt mean a book or something just like some personal stories, experiences or tips and stuff you picked up along the way. If you got any dump some.
>>36636005
Cool what made you choose that
>>
>>36636064
idk, bunch of stories on /k/ made tanking sound cool as fuck
also i'm strong and short, so pretty much perfect for the role
>>
>>36634995
Was army for a bit but then became a smoke jumper in California.
>>
>>36635997
Uh I dk man I'm just a grunt. Uh got to train with SF aka get shot by them recently with sim rounds. That was cool as fuck heh. They were all super friendly.

ProfessionalSoldiers.com is an awesome resource. Definitely read everything you can on there.

Like I said OSUT is not that bad. The main thing for an 18x ray is maintaining your gains when you're there. We honestly barely ran at all besides doing some intervals. It may suck because you lack sleep, but make sure to get some extra pt in besides you getting smoked. I've heard some Companys will let you go to the gym in the AIT portion... we didn't.. did have shitty bench and some dip bars though

Make sure you're squared away when it comes to land nav. Join an orienting club if you need to.

Had a buddy who recently went to selection... he's 35... real smart guy.. in good shape. He got peered out during team week. He said his first team were all older ant mature active duty guys... then he got placed with a group of 20 years old 18x guys.... they peered him out.

He's going back again to selection soon.

I'd say only do the 18x/Rep 63 contract if you have something to bring to the table. There are always exceptions to the rule, but generally the 20 year old kids aren't going to make it... usually it'll be the 28 year old Paramedic, or the 33 year old former SWAT guy.. .whatever....

There are exceptions though.

Really, you shouldn't take advice from me. I haven't been to selection.

Read books on SF... there's a ton... Also, pick up a copy of "Get Selected"... and definitely read off of ProfessionalSoldiers.com

Also, if you're hesitant about the contract.... the flip side is you go standard 11b to get some experience for when you go to the Q-course...

Your mileage may vary.... but for me.. doing that hasn't helped much. It's pretty much peace time army right now. You're not likely getting into firefights. Also, a lot of standard grunts are fucking retarded mouth breathers.
>>
File: Patty.jpg (218 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
Patty.jpg
218 KB, 500x652
>>36634995

12B Combat Engineer in the Army. Usually go on long as fuck ruck marches because everyone wants to make us seem high speed even though we're retarded. For basic training I did push ups with my IOTV and LBV and now I just lift and run but also do a lot of bodyweight since the Army loves gay bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>36635460
I'm a yank but I worked with limes. My advice is go through P school and earn your wings. If you want to be a soldier, might as well have the best of the best at your back. Otherwise, think about the Royal Marines, those are some bad ass mother fuckers.
>>
Wow, not trying to offend anyone but my job is a lot harder than anyone in the military and I stay fit.
I'm a master biscuit chef at Hardees, I wake up very early and get off late hand making biscuits. Point is you don't have to be military to be hard.
>>
Air Force. I work a desk job. I find time to work out, but having a really inconsistent schedule makes it more difficult.
>>
>>3663499

15A
Apache pilot + Platoon Leader

Went to west point, no basic training.
Go to gym 6 time a week.
>>
File: Bear.gif (2 MB, 310x486) Image search: [Google]
Bear.gif
2 MB, 310x486
>>36636211

Kek, you're the butter bar every NCO makes fun of. Even the Jr enlisted shit on you.
>>
>>36636244
>butterbar
lol I'm O-2 but ok.
Good thing aviation is mostly warrants so I dont have to deal with enlisted degenerates.
>>
>>36636184
>I hand make biscuits all day I'm hard

That's the gayest fucking thing I've ever read
>>
>>36636258
O 2!
Damn son you made it!
Also if you're not a grunt you're just LARPing military, you're basically a civilian in a camo uniform
>>
>>36635460
Brit here, been in Army Reserve Teeth Arms for 2 years. Ama.

Inb4 what unit etc.
>>
>>36636268
I didn't say I was the hardest, just realize that you don't have be military to be hard.
Besides I'd probably fuck you up with ease, I beat a marine up once no problem and I believe he said he was a motor, I'm guessing that's him trying to brag he's special force? Not impressed
>>
Year and a half in the navy. Serving on a ssbn or balistic missle submarine for people that can't google. We have all the amenities to get swole 2 treadmills stationary bikes like 3 racks and 7 to 8 power blocks. I didn't workout though because watch and drills and training underweigh suck.
>>
3 years in the 82nd airborne as an 11b, ama
>>
>>36636344

Must be nice to PMCS vehicles 7 days a week.
>>
>>36636098
Nice
>>36636130
Pretty much what ive heard man thx, i thought 30 was the age cap though how did your 35 friend get to try out?
>>
>>36636385
There's only age limits for 18x and Rep 63.

18x is age 30. National Guard has Rep 63 which has a 35 age limit.
>>
>>36635452
Air Force faggot here. Currently in Korea waiting for some gay event going on.
Our physical training is a joke for anyone who isn't going PJ, CCT, EOD, SERE, TACP, or SOWT.
>>
>>36636421
Oh i see, thx for the info man.
>>
>I risk my life for the jews

gj bluepilled cucks
>>
>>36636423
So even if I am shit level at everything. I can somewhat survive?
>>
>>36636449
>Im a basement dwelling edgelord who desont realize you can take advantage of the military and not the other way around.
>>
>>36636449
You'll look back on life and regret the beliefs you once had and how they inhibited you from doing things you never thought possible.

inb4 i make six figures a year
>>
>>36636455
I hate cardio with a fucking passion, and I still manage to get an "excellent" score on my PT tests. Keep in mind the run holds the most weight on out PT tests.
>>
>>36636278
>>36636258
>>36636244
O-2, you say that like it makes you any more credible. unless you're a mustang you're still a fucking boot, Have fun getting your shit pushed in by CWOs all day bitch. I bet you've never even deployed lol
yours truly,
A Marine Sergeant
>>
>>36635833
I don't know if you get back pain from your herniated disc but I'd highly recommend Stuart McGill's book Back Mechanic if you get any sort of back pain from it.
>>
>>36636820
Every day of my life. I'll look into it, thanks
>>
>>36634995
>tfw 214 came in the mail a week ago

Fucking freeeeee
>>
shit, does anyone know if you can renlist after getting an ELS, i have narcolepsy and made it to the 9th week of Marine boot before they forced me to go to medical and kicked me out, I only have daytime somlance on my official record. shit was gay, i probably would have made it if the faggot squad leaders didn't give me 2 hours of firewatch everyday.
>>
>>36635695
Damn, US standards are a lot different to Australian standards. Here the requirements to enlist are 15 push ups, 45 sit ups and 7.5 shuttle run
>>
>>36636142
What's being a CE like? Filling sandbags?
>>
>>36635389
>Most of my time was spent cleaning/sweeping
>So now im going army

and most of your time will be spent mowing and doing incredibly gay, stupid, and redundant shit.

lmao you left the gay bar for the faggot parade
>>
File: hooah.jpg (224 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hooah.jpg
224 KB, 640x480
>>36634995
National Guard fag here.
I stay /fit/ by going to my local YMCA and lifting weights, and I'll occasionally go for a run in my neighborhood. PPLPPL. Once a year I'll have to be able to run 2 miles in under 16 minutes, 3x14 pushups in 2 minutes, 4x13 situps in 2 minutes.

Did I mention I get paid to go to college, get to shoot weapons once a month, and forever get to hold the title of Soldier?

> tfw the National Guard is the only branch that struggles to meet recruiting goals
>>
>>36637816
>natty guard
>shooting weapons every month

lying faggot detected. more like come in and do vehicle inspections and online training bullshit like that cringy antiterrorism and antiphishing and other incredibly megagay bullshit
>>
I got a question. If i join the reserves while im employed does that count as millitary leave? or does that time off come out of my vacation days?
>>
>>36637844

That's a question for your employer, not for people in the military.
>>
Anyone here got experience with the Canadian army? Thinking about joining, but afraid of losing gains and moving every 3-5 years.
>>
>>36637844
by law your employer cannot hold a military obligation against you in any fashion.

however it doesnt take much of an imagination to come up with a way to get past this
>>
>>36635452
I'm in Air Force tech school rn. Sheppard is shit. Join the Navy or something.
>>
>>36636211
11th year NG E4 here. LOL @ West Pointer thinking he's all high and mighty. What a schmuck.
>>
Marine infantry
>blasting gear
>5/3/1

I dunno if it's the gear but I want to die on the battlefield. I'm obsessed.
>>
>>36634995
I was in the French foreign legion for 12 years (yes I'm an old fag)

A time i can never forget, in many ways.
>>
>>36637981
We need stories anon. FFL is incredibly intriguing.
>>
>>36637938
hows the HVAC program?
>>
>>36637886
Yeah I was hoping for some info on this too
>>
>>36637981
Yeah holy shit the Legion is legendary. Willing to share any stories?
>>
>>36638030
I can tell you that I spent most of my time in Afghanistan and in the CAR.

I've seen countless killed in front of my eyes. Countless beaten to death or almost to death. I myself have gotten beaten countless times by other legionnaires... There are no words to describe to you the kinds of men that join the legion. I thought I was a bad ass criminal punk.. Compared to the guys I met in the legion, I was a little child. These guys are the low of the low. They'll kill you for nothing. I've seen it.

The fitness tests to get in are nothing. But the fitness needed once you're in is pretty high.
. As for any stories in particular, I'd rather not share. Honestly brings up bad memories. I go once a week (try to) to a psychiatrist. I have ptsd. Literally the only thing that helps me is working out.
>>
File: combat_mindset.png (2 MB, 956x1200) Image search: [Google]
combat_mindset.png
2 MB, 956x1200
Leaving next month as a Corpsman for the Navy, gonna try to go FMF. Then years down the road I'll decide to either go greenside and look into Force Recon or try to get into BUD/S.

I'm 19 years old, and honestly I'm a little nervous. This is something I've been planning since I was 14 and now it's like "whoa, this shit is actually happening"

I'm really hoping to fucking god I don't lose my gains during Navy basic. Not in the fucking mood to turn into a skinnyfat fuck.

Any other Navy bros lurking about?
>>
>>36638083
Goddamn, thanks for sharing. I can see why that would be unforgettable. There's probably some good times that were had but overall that sounds kind of hellish. Hopefully you're in a better place rn
>>
5'6" 174 lbs, can do 40 push ups and 30 sit ups. I can run for about 8 minutes at the moment with no breaks.

Do I have a snowball's chance in hell of going SEAL? I'm currently in DEP and I don't leave until November. But I figure why not try, right?
>>
>>36638202
>I don't leave until November
You have plenty of time to fix your PT standards.
Then you will ship off to basic and you will probably be a bit weaker and slower.
The cadre will fix that for you though in SEAL school.
>>
>>36634995
13R Radar Operator, weak as fuck MOS, still fun but not physcially challenging, but you get to climb on shit all day depending on the radar, but dank amount of time off for personal lifting, leaving for SFAS im september.
>>
>>36637830
>>36637816
> forever get to hold the title of Soldier
motherfucking kek, Ill put $20 on you not even being an E-3
>>
File: ggrussia.jpg (200 KB, 1200x975) Image search: [Google]
ggrussia.jpg
200 KB, 1200x975
>>36638083
are you russian? why did you join the legion?
>>
>>36637953
Mateo or Horno?
Spent almost 3 years with 2/1
>>
>>36638225
Thats what I like to hear. Just need to be dedicated and persistent. Thanks.
>>
Fuck i just made a thread didn't see this one >>36638339
Any ausfags here that were recruited in Melbourne? When you do the PFA is it on grass or in some sort of gym?
>>
>>36635576
>currently deployed
>stationary bike
>gym is "shit"
>on 4chan

Army fag detected.

POG detected

Us marines didn't have shit. Must be nice, queer.
>>
>>36635473
Another 18x hopeful here. Not prior service, recently graduated uni. Have wanted to join SF since I was in high school. Currently score 250, want to be maxing it out before talking to recruiter.
Best of luck to you
>>
>>36635596
>seasick
kek i love the feeling of a boat rocking under my feet. ive never done anything out of sight of land though. i think id get too cramped on a boat after a while though.
>>
>>36634995
Marine logistics officer here. Prior enlisted- been in for about 10 years. I'm stationed in Japan.

My routine consists mostly of cardio (long runs and sprints) and body weight workouts.
I also ruck once a week and yoga twice a week.
>>
Do POGs get shit on in the Aus military as much as the marines
I'm going in as a POG until i can get my medical sorted hopefully through the army, then I want to join the infantry, that's at least 7 years of getting shit on though.
>>
how does the process of getting your job in the military work? do you just go to the recruiter and say what you want to do and they go ok you can do this? cause theres no way i could possibly research every single position in the military even if i wanted to.
>>
>>36634995
No and now that tax season is back again and Iv gotta pay thousands of my hard earned money to the federal government so you idiots can play cowboys and Indians has stirred up some new anger and hatred for you losers.

Iv no problem paying state taxes bit this federal taxation is literally putting me in the god damn poor house. Hope your happy you get a job on my behalf faggot.
>>
>>36638614
Thank you for your contribution, anon.
>>
>>36638567
Prior enlisted here as well.

College almost done, maybe another year and a half...

Any advice for going back in, senpai?

I was a radio operator and I want to go back in as a communications officer or to fly. Any advice?
>>
>>36638584
Yes you're a POG
>>
>>36638644
Of those two options, I'd fly. CommOs get shit on constantly and fired often. Your opinion may change once you hit TBS though. What was your prior MOS ? About halfway through TBS you'll create a dream sheet ranking all the MOSs- most to least desired- and then, using a system loosely based off class rank you'll get picked. Most guys get something in their top 5.

Best advice I've gotten yet as a mustang is to never forget where I came from. Have you done OCS yet ?
>>
>>36638702
I was thinking of dropping out, and reapplying for infantry, but with my eyes I'm not 100% I'd get the job and then I'm boned
POG it is
>>
>>36638746
>>36638702
>>36638584
Would you call someone in the navy/airforce a POG? Or is it specifically an army term
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 633x758
>>36638711
Well I was a radio operator with the infantry. I know a shit ton about comm and am certain I would be the shit at that job.

Because I used to have talks with my commo and he would tell me that he got shit on all the time... But he was a wee lad boot that just got out of TBS.

Haven't gone to OCS yet, though.

I want to be a CommO because I know I'd be awesome at it. But I also want to fly because, well shit, flying is fucking cool.
>>
>>36635695
dude, navy DEP is like, 7 months long. What the hell have you been doing for the last 6 months?
>>
>>36637752
Well thats why i want to go 18x.
>>36638383
Cheers freindo, good luck to you as well.
>>36638437
Honestly me too. If the navy wasnt so lame now id probably have stayed in. Just too many woman and pussies at sea now.
>>
>>36635686
Depends on your ship. The Vinson has at least one full rack. You just can't max out & have to time yourself with the motion of the ship. Deployments are the best time for slow steady cuts while maintaining strength/increasing cardio.
>>
>>36638808
I'm in the comm industry (non military). If you stick with comm, post service, you can make a killing. Granted, it's contract work usually.
I started making $125k salary my 2nd year in the industry.
>>
Peacetime army is a joke, joined up for skills/cash/job security and because i love the lifestyle, but to think that we're a caste above anybody is stupid
WW3 breaks out then we'll see some heroes
>>
>>36636308

Ex-Sub Nuke here.

I also did not lift once during deployments, too much work. My training didn't go anywhere until I got out of the Navy. Have never regretted that decision. I still have nightmares.
>>
>>36635389
Army: The place you'll end up if you are lazy enough to think.
That's just tragic.
>>
>>36639492
Compared to other dead-end jobs it's not so bad, I'd rather get paid to do PT and hold a gun than work at Mcdonalds or some shit
>>
Any Ausfags here?
I'm joining as a VM, I know basic is a gains killer but afterward how easy is it to train? Is it tangible that I could build while also doing mandatory PT sessions in between?
>>
>>36638361
And that is why you all have such a piss poor reputation

God marines are an embarrassment to our millitary and should be disbanded.
>>
>>36635550
Same. May 4th for me. You?
Also, 6'3" 185, Jesus you are fat, no bully intended.
>>
>>36639542
Vehicle mechanic? Pogue as fuck bro, youll be able to make gains like a cunt
>>
>>36634995

>4 years as a medic
>deployed and all that shit
>come home
>struggle with fucking everything because I'm an idiot
>wicked anxiety
>cant focus for shit
>depressed
>gym is good
>girlfriend is good
>barely holding on to my fucking life/sanity
>glad that I gave my gun to my dad
>Some nights I go into panic attacks
>I have the most insanely real visions of offing myself with my berretta
>I have 1 year left on my GI bill
>if I can't get myself into and out of this trade school before then, I'm essentially homeless.
>crippling anxiety
>compounded by recently discovered congenital heart problem
>told my gf if I can't get my shit together I'm going to take a contracting job working security in AFG
>shes hot af and I dont doubt her loyalty while I'm home
>still wont stop Jody when I'm gone
>fuck my life bros
>>
>>36635460
Did my 4 years with the 2nd battalion Royal anglians...make sure you think about who you're joing and what job you want to do properly. A lot of people are in the infantry because they got tricked into joining.
>>
>>36635556
That's literally an average score for the British infantry, most likely average for the marines and above average for the US army.
>>
>>36634995
I was gonna write a long ass post, but instead I'll keep it to a minimum.
Former 11B/ODA uplift overseas
Fuck APFT numbers. In a lot of cases they'll help you get promoted, even if you're a piece of shit in all other aspects, but that's about it.

Worry more about being able to carry weight for an extended period of time while also keeping a cool head. Don't max your PT test, who gives a fuck? Fall out in the field/not able to carry a fucking basic combat load overseas then you're fucked.

As far as preparing for selection goes I'm kind of at a loss. I've known guys from 75th who couldn't make it through selection, and Team guys who wouldn't look out of place at a Magic tournament. All and all it seems to come down to mental toughness/luck. Ruck and work legs/core.
>>
>>36640524
Helpful post
>>
>>36635556
Ahahahahahaha in the paras I done 50 pushups in 35 seconds, 50 situps in 1:50 and 2 miles in 9:15, also did 7 pullups since thats all you need.

This was considered average and I was 18. Training will push you beyond any fucking 9 minute run will, and in the field you march for nine years since you jump nowhere fucking near where you actually are supposed to be or you don't even jump at all.

Also the regimental culture is just fucking insane to begin with, this is the regiment which brings the most people into the SAS.

I doubt you're fit enough for whatever American thing you're trying to do desu lad.
>>
>>36640603
2 miles in 9:15
I think you are lying mate
>>
>>36640608
>2 miles in nine minutes fifteen seconds
You're supposed to run 2 miles in 9:30 mate just to get in
>>
>>36640621
Dude thats fucking fast. Basically youre saying you gotta get a 4:00 min mile.
>>
>>36640634
I'm guessing it's physically demanding to jump out of planes
>>
>>36635460
Im in the us army but i see a lot of brits due to joint airborne shit. The british paras are out of their minds. They are out drinking til like 3 or 4 every morning. Then they go to work a few hours later.

They also do a lot of gay shit.

Solely based on shit ive witnessed.
>>
>>36638383
Start rucking all the time. Sfas is no joke. You need to learn land nav too.
>>
>>36638590
Find the jobs youre willing to do2 or 3 or however many youre interested in and dont join until they give you what you want.

Recruiters will often ask what you want and if you say, 'i want to be a medic',
Theyll come out with some bullshit like dental tech or medical supply specialist, tell you its the same shit as medic when its not and convince you to do it.
>>
>>36638614
Army fag here. I pay federal taxes too so you can shove your hard earned bullshit up your ass. Im also exempt from state taxes so suck it pussy
>>
>>36640651
Honestly everyone in Brit armed forces drinks until early morning, every regiment has a pub they all go to, even SF
>>
>>36640621
You're a fucking moron. The British army do a 1.5 miler not a 2 miler. It's 9.30 for the 1.5 miler for the parachute regiment and 10.30 for line infantry.
>>
>>36638800
Anyone who uses the term pog is a pog. And also a faggot
>>
>>36640681
And they still look young. Couldnt do it myself. The paras are a different level though. I like working with them.
>>
>>36640683
You're supposed to 1.5 in 8 minutes if you want to actually make it
>>
>>36640683
>>36640698
I guess the point is though that that other guy was full of shit.
>>
>>36640034
why does our army want mechanics so badly atm, recruiters were basically pushing every general entry into that role
>>
>>36638813
see
>>36635753

I was a fat fuck losing weight. I've been in DEP since March 07. That's two months, not seven.
>>
>>36640204
Sorry to hear that breh, I always admire the service you put forward for your nation and it depresses me the state does nothing to aid you.

On another note, how likely could you enter the military post graduate? The military interests me but I don't wanna be a 'grunt' per-say.
>>
>>36635556
Those are decent numbers. Don't listen to these faggots mang. You're doing well. Keep it up. If you break the 100 mark for pushups (good form), then you're kicking goals. The situps need a lot of work, but theyre adequate. The run time is good as too.
>>
>>36641879
Thx mate
>>
>>36638202
You are incredibly weak, you literally need to more than double all of your current metrics.
That being said, yes, you have a chance. But it is small. Good luck.
>>
Marine Corps Infantry here

All you have to do is
>Physical fitness test
>run 3 miles under 27 minutes
>do atleast 3 pull ups
>do some amount of crunches but it's rare that somebody doesn't get 100

then you do some combat fitness test
>880 m sprint in I believe 3:48
>30 lb ammo can lift 45 times
>Manuever under fire (it would be easier to youtube this than try to explain it) in under 3:29

It really isn't hard to get a 300 CFT however the physical fitness test is harder to get a perfect 300

I currently have 300 cft and 289 pft
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.