[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have this constant feeling that i'm doing something wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1427714106332.jpg (26 KB, 310x459) Image search: [Google]
1427714106332.jpg
26 KB, 310x459
I have this constant feeling that i'm doing something wrong with my training,

I have been followed starting strength, and i have been increasing my weights with about 5 kg for each new set.

While i am doing allright with the deadlift/squat,
i have issues with the bench press and especially the press.

I can't get over 15kg( minus bell) with my press at the end of two weeks, and i can't help but feel that i haven't gotten stronger but merely reached a base plateu.

I eat my proteins and follow riptoes guide, but beyond protein supplement i haven't eaten more then i usually do, maybe that's why?
>>
>>36633412
>increasing my weights with about 5 kg for each new set
What? Did you mean every workout?

This is all explained in the book and the sticky though.
>>
Only go up 2.5 then
>>
>>36633432
Maybe i missunderstood, but i believe it was about 10 pounds for each repetitive set,

day 1 press 5x3 with 25 kg
day 3 press 5x3 with 30 kg
etc
>>
>>36633412
Are you heavier on the scale?
>>
>>36633412
What does Kierkegaard have to do with this
>>
>>36633412
Yeah you forgot the secret joocy ingredient. Gotta remember your juice, anon.
>>
>>36633468
the set is represented by the number 3, the training day is something different
>>
>>36633412
>KIERKEGAARD
>I
>E
>R
>K
>E
>G
>A
>A
>R
>D

you have to be a knight of faith to make it op
>>
>>36634006
ah i see, well yeah but thats bascally how i increase, is it correct?

an anon commented that i should decrease to
2.5 kg maybe
>>36633968
Everybody needs a leap of faith from time to time
>>
>>36633412
read the sticky
its 5 lbs.
probably even less because you'll progress slower with pressing than other lifts
>>
usually people start with 10-15 lbs for squats, maybe 15-20 lbs for deads, and 5-10 lbs for bench and press

upper body lifts quickly drop down to 5 lbs (~2.5kg), but eventually you need to microload at 2.5 lbs and less for the press
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.