[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are women so shit at dieting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 200.gif (428 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
428 KB, 245x200
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2653890/Women-waste-100-000-lifetime-yo-yo-dieting.html
>>
if you've never had to do anything that required self-sacrifice and a significant time investment, why would dieting be any different?
>>
Because no matter how fat and out of shape they get, someone will still 'love' them, so there is no real incentive. That does not happen with dudes.
>>
>>36631707
this
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>36631606
As someone planning to go into nutritional science, I see no problem here.
>>
File: 1385374801423.jpg (142 KB, 796x606) Image search: [Google]
1385374801423.jpg
142 KB, 796x606
because they retain fat easier due to lower muscle %
marketing make meme diets that target women
fat acceptance
the myth that women becomes she-beasts once they use a dumbbell heavier than 5 lbs
hormones
>>
>>36631707

This. You only have yourself to blame, men. If you could keep it in your damn pants you could set higher standards, but there's always some white knight faggot willing to tell the hambeasts that they are 'beautiful'.
>>
>>36631788
> because they retain fat easier due to lower muscle %
marketing make meme diets that target women
fat acceptance
the myth that women becomes she-beasts once they use a dumbbell heavier than 5 lbs
hormones

Basically this
Keep in mind women have so much more biological potential then they normally take advantage of. It's kind of just a money scheme that keeps them from getting fit.
>>
>>36631606
thin/fit chicks are pretty good at dieting. They manage to hit macros that compose like what, 1200 calories tops? My lowest cut has been 2000. I respect a girl that can deny herself that. You're just probably living in America, where the chicks got 33% heavier on average in the past 20 years. But I respect the ones that aren't shit.
>>
>dieting is hard
>not eating shit is hard
>not doing something is hard

I will never udnerstand
>>
File: volg.png (227 KB, 348x484) Image search: [Google]
volg.png
227 KB, 348x484
My boss' life is a revolving door of yo-yo dieting.

Every time she feels fat she goes, "Tomorrow is vegetable day". Or fruit day. Or vegetable and fruit day.

Then the next week she is eating candy and other bullshit. I don't say anything besides eating healthy is a constant effort but lately I just say nothing and watch her 5 pounds of Twizzlers dwindle down.

I think the diet is something like this: http://www.diet-blog.com/15/7-day-diet.php

I have not seen any noticeable reduction in weight in two years. She goes to the gym most mornings too, so I dunno if it is just being old or not? The FUPA just grows.
>>
Because women are designed to bear child at 15 and raise child till it reaches puberty then quietly funk off.

Now a days they have all this free time do do book club and girls night
>>
Because their menstrual cycle makes them irrational and unable to control themselves. This used to be common knowledge.
>>
>>36632636
>She goes to the gym most mornings too, so I dunno if it is just being old or not?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_vqFq7J9vs
>>
>£3,500 a year or £30 a week on trying to lose weight.
>There are 115 weeks in a year
>>
>>36633888
Checked
>>
>>36631606

> ITT: lots of misogyny for no reason

Here are the reasons why "women are so shit at dieting"

1. Biological: Women lose a LOT of calories bringing children to term, and subsequently breastfeeding. Their bodies thus have evolved to store more fat than a man of similar size specifically for that scenario. Calories in/calories out still applies, but the nutrient partitioning and efficiency of nutrient extraction would favor more going to fat (and not "brown fat" either). Interestingly enough, after all my searching, I have not found one single example comparing thermic effects of food between gender cohorts.

2. Societal: women are trained to meet a VISUAL goal rather than a health goal. This is why you find so many skinnyfat women as well, btw. They are trained that starvation is the only way to get there -- again, calories in/calories out apply, but unless it's a PSMF or you are doing a reasoned cut, you will lose muscle mass; your BF% will rise, this will increase your estrogen to testosterone ratio, and the problem compounds itself. Interestingly enough, thanks to -- yes, I am about to fucking say this -- Crossfit of all things, we are now in an era where women in Western society are at least aware of resources that talk about reasoned ways of achieving fitness goals rather than whatever shit is on Cosmo magazine.

3. Confirmation bias: lots of men are terrible at the shit too, but there's less of a focus on them, because the appearance of their sex is not a key component of the zeitgeist.

I would posit that more women today than ever have access to the sum knowledge of humanity on how to maintain healthy bodies and healthy lifestyles.
>>
>>36631606
What is "yo yo dieting" anyway? Like would bulking+cutting be considered yo-yo dieting?
>>
Women (on the balance) are retarded at everything that involves discipline and/or science and it will always be like that.
>>
>>36636110
>calling out shitty behavior is prejudiced.
>>
>>36632532
>not breathing is easy hurr durr

Kill yourself
>>
Women are shit at absolutely everything except taking dick. And most of them can't even do that right. Women are like pets that you Pat on the head because they didn't shit on your floor.
>>
>>36636124
yo-yo dieting: engaging in a diet (or overall fitness plan) that, usually by bad design or bad adherence, causes a person's weight to go up and down repeatedly, often at semi-regular intervals, without that person wanting that result
if you remember all the comments about Oprah and her fat and thin phases, it's like that, but faster
>>
>>36636124
No, because cutting+bulking is intentional.

Yoyo dieting is taking up dieting only until you lose the weight, then going straight back to how you used to eat and being surprised you gained all the fat back and then you repeat that cycle forever.
>>
>>36633888
>witnessed
>and respect for your statment
>>
>>36633888
This is actually somewhat legit, at least for me.

I am always insatiable around when I ovulate. Like, I could eat nonstop and still have hunger pangs. It's awful but I suffer through it and usually don't fuck up my cut. In contrast, I barely eat anything when period so it kind of evens out.
>>
>>36636239
Are you so addicted to shitty foods that you're comparing eating unhealthy foods to breathing?

Fatty pls go
>>
>>36636644

Wh-why boner?
>>
>>36631606
I came here to ironically say the patriarchy and then I saw >>36636110

>women are fatter biologically
That's super great, but I've never seen someone who was both starving to death and overweight. I'll give you that means women arguably would have to try harder than a man, but the rate at which both men AND women are overweight doesn't support the idea that only women struggle with dieting because of biology. The number of medical conditions that cause weight gain are actually too uncommon to account for how many people are overweight (inb4 depression, being depressed doesn't magically make you gain weight). The simple truth is that too many people eat too much and exercise too little, especially women from developed nations who are not expected to work in manual labor.

>its the patriarchy!
That's neat, but it's ultimately just an excuse for poor behavior. Your tertiary point of ignorance is the stronger argument here, so much stronger you should just drop this "but society expects me too!" bullshit. Society also expects men to measure their success as males off of how many women they fuck, and we know that's bullshit and don't accept it anymore. It's an excuse, and nothing else.

>men arent expected to be attractive!
Except they are, the difference is it's not okay for men to complain about it because THAT doesn't fit in with the zeitgeist.

The biggest problem with women having more difficulties dieting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is that there are more excuses now for women to be overweight and out of shape than even men, and the most common attitude towards people telling them to drop the excuses is "you're a misogynist!". You literally started your post with it.
>>
>>36633888

I'd constantly be hungry, horny, and more prone to crying at small things during ovulation and a little into menstruation.
>>
>>36631788
I wish getting big was as easy as women think it is
>>
File: 1448795140920.png (202 KB, 863x431) Image search: [Google]
1448795140920.png
202 KB, 863x431
>>36631707
I'm a /fit/ kissless virgin and as far as I'm aware there are millions of fat faggots with gfs.
>>
>>36636828
all of those arguments were terrible.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.