[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a 1pl8 OHP with strict form, for 8-12 reps, considered "impressive"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: overhead-press.jpg (30 KB, 594x792) Image search: [Google]
overhead-press.jpg
30 KB, 594x792
Is a 1pl8 OHP with strict form, for 8-12 reps, considered "impressive" to normies and gym casuals?
>>
If they never lifted a weight in their life theyll prob have no idea how heavy that is until they try it themselves. So not really.
>>
Most of the people on /fit/ are hardcore gym rats. So to the average person anything over like 185 bench or 95 overhead looks impressive.

Even at my old college gym it was rare to see someone doing over 225 bench.
>>
>>36630292
>1pl8 OHP with strict form
Pssssst I can squat more than that

t. Normie
>>
does it matter?
>>
>>36630292
Is wanting to impress normie a normie thing.
>>
Yes. Most people are stuck on about 70lbs for a standing OHP in a commercial gym. Even big gym bros you rarely see pushing much more than 135 for reps OHP
>>
is 1pl8 OHP for 5 reps considered "impressive" if i weight 135lbs?
>>
>>36630328
>normie
>squatting
Lmao ur autistic m8
>>
File: 1451333418237.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451333418237.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>36630380
No it's only 1pl8 OHP that weight 225 man.
>>
>>36630292
What does it matter? Keep pressing (and doing all your other lifts) and don't give a shit.
>>
>>36630292
Most people don't even realize that you move different amounts of weight for each exercise.
>>
Most people can't even press that much for one rep.
>>
>hi guys, is this mediocre achievement impressive to anyone?
no, it's not, and stop worrying about impressing other people.
>>
>>36630292
For normies, no.
For gym casuals, yes.

Reason being, normies doesn't really understand how heavy it is to lift that weights so they'll think "that's not heavy, I moved 20kg bags of cement other day and it was easy". Tell them you deadlifted 200kg and they'll say "is that heavy? I could probably do it, we moved heavy fridge up the stairs"

Gym casuals will be kinda impressed, they know how heavy 1plaet actually is.
>>
>>36630292
not really, most normies have no concept of how much 20kg is so pushing two 20kg plates means nothing to them. to the average DYEL it is impressive, but most normies have never set foot in a gym.

girls will think it's impressive though, that's probably what you wanted to know anyway. most girls weigh well under 60kg (outside the USA, anyway) so as far as they're concerned that means you could easily lift them above your head.
>>
>>36630478

Yeah this.

I know a guy and he can squat 2pl8s which isn't a lot but he can squat pretty much every chick he knows for reps and they're all equally amazed every time.
>>
people give me the stares when i get to 1plate ohp at my la fitness. only seen like 3 or 4 other people in 3 years ohp over 1plate
>>
>>36630392
Nigga I can squat 4pl8
>>
Yes.
If you can lift basically your bodyweight above your head you are considered strong by anyone.
>>
>mfw walking up to the rack next to the guy who squats 1pl8 and I OHP that weight
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.