[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will the results be of a long-term diet consisting of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
What will the results be of a long-term diet consisting of these macros, /fit/?

>hi fat, lo carb, hi protein
>lo fat, hi carb, hi protein
>lo fat, lo carb, hi protein
>hi fat, hi carb, hi protein
>>
>>36629576

gains galore, low body fat. vince gironda.

miserable. trash

literal death. watch the doc about the average joe who went on a journey to compete as a natty bodybuilder. close to comp his body was literally shutting down he was having nervous breakdowns/tired 24/7. your body needs mostly fat but or carb cant lose both

the SAD diet. result = fat fuck
>>
>>36629631

Not OP, but why are carbs bad?

Is muh endless rice going to kill my gains?
>>
>>36629650
it isn't that carbs are bad, it's that cutting fats is a good way to fuck yourself up
>>
>>36629663

Cheers senpai, had me scared there.
>>
>>36629631
How does the low carb one at the top mean gains galore? Pls respond
>>
What would you classify 40/40/20 P/C/F %?
>>
>>36629861
The body needs fats and proteins to build new tissues and structures (in this case, muscle) so you need both. Carbs are not as necessary because they are exclusively used as an energy source, and if you are taking in low carbs the body can use leftover fat that wasn't used in muscle building as energy. Whereas if you take in high carbs and don't use some it will be converted to fat and stored as adipose tissue. Might be too basic of an explanation so I'll explain further if you still have questions.
>>
>>36629877
High protein, low carb, low fat.

P/C ratio of 1:1 and low fat is gonna fuck with your test brah
>>
>>36629877
Switch to 40/20/40 or at least 40/30/30
>>
>>36629576
death
death
death
death
>>
What are some foods to get more fat into my diet?
>>
>>36630120
AMDR for fat is 20-35% of calories, 20% is perfectly fine

fuck off with your broscience
>>
I usually try to stay around 200g protein, 200-250g carb and ~50g fat.

Is this bad?
>>
File: 1424556208758.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1424556208758.png
98 KB, 600x500
>>36629576

>To get more fat in your diet, eat avocado, pebbles, and bowling balls
>>
>>36631306

avocado
high-fat dairy
nuts
>>
>>36631857
Sounds horrible. That huge excess of protein just gets broke down into sugar
>>
Keto master race

>>
>>36630100
The requirement of fat for structural purposes in lean tissues (even rapidly growing lean tissues) is incredibly small, about 3% of daily calories. If you do a tracer study most dietary fat is either oxidized for energy or deposited in adipose. Higher fat intakes are recommended because they are a source of fat soluble vitamins and some can lower cholesterol.
>>
>>36629576
What do you define as low how many grams?
Ideally Prot and carb should be similar and fat something like half then again most macros depend on the person, I see guys here saying they can do well with 100 g of protein but I need higher than that especially heavy squat and DL days.
>>
>>36631857
Sounds about right if you're not a manlet.
>>
mr feigenbaum here gives good macros IMO:
http://www.barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/

Recomposition 1.15p/1.25c/0.35f
Fat Loss 1.25p/1c/0.27f
Muscle Gain 1.1p/2c/0.5f

grams per lb of bw

>>36631942
>200g protein
>huge excess
do you even lift?
>>36631971
reached 2plate squat yet?
>>
>>36631971
>keto
>high protein

lmao
>>
File: Day_1_DLC_0.jpg (99 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
Day_1_DLC_0.jpg
99 KB, 600x665
>>36629576
>>hi fat, lo carb, hi protein
Liver hell
>>lo fat, hi carb, hi protein
Best balance
>>lo fat, lo carb, hi protein
liver hell and muscle loss
>>hi fat, hi carb, hi protein
Health hazard

you tax different organs, still calories and type of training is the key

Ratios are short term hacks
Hi slow Carb, low fast Carb, 1.2 gr/kg prot, low healthy fats is the only healthy way
>>
>>36629576
anything low fat you will feel like trash. The first option you put is pretty good. What I would suggest is prioritize protein, then fat, then eat carbs to fill whatever you have left.
>>
>>36632646
Different anon. Don't carbs give you the most energy, thus making you feel better?
>>
>>36633339
Meant for>>36633320
>>
>>36629576

I eat probably a medium fat, high carb, high protein diet.

I tried just high protein, but I realized I had unbelievably low energy and I crashed hard for some weeks. Almost depression levels. I determined my body was a carb machine so I started really loading carbs hardcore there in the morning.

Also, I have several businesses and a family so I need all that energy.

That being said, I stopped working out for a month and a half for reasons...I gained so much fat weight from carbs it was like 6 months of weight gain in 1 1/2 months.

Be careful with the carb loading. Stop that shit the second you can't exercise.
>>
>>36633339
>>36633356
>>36633339
>>36633356
it's just some dyel fat fuck addicted to lard and bacon grease
>>
History of heart disease in family.
So a low fat hi carb hi protein diet be best for a healthy heart?
Can you make gains on the Mediterranean diet ??
>>
>>36629576

Coming from personal experience:

>high fat/low carb/high protein

Plenty of energy for cardio, plenty of strength, lack of glycogen makes progressing to heavier and heavier lifts difficult.

If you go this route, time your carbohydrates around your work-outs - 20 grams before, 30 grams after. No carbohydrates on rest days.

>low fat/high carb/high protein

Good for energy, good for gains, somewhat miserable in execution. By reducing fat intake you limit your protein sources to chicken breast, tilapia, and powder. Standard cutting diet which pales in comparison to a PSMF.

>low fat/low carb/high protein

The Protein Sparring Modified Fast. Depending on your body fat, you cannot maintain this long term. You can, however, cycle it until your body fat percentage is in the single digits - 2-6 weeks on/2 weeks off. The lower your body fat, the less time you spend on.

This diet is miserable. You're basically limited to roughage, chicken breast, tilapia, and whey. It is extremely effective for weight loss. While you can build some muscle on this diet, the lack of glycogen will cause you to plateau and crash hard.

>hi fat/hi carb/hi protein

Dreamer bulk. The athlete's diet which requires an athlete's lifestyle. If you're not physically active for at least 4 hours a day you're going to end up a fat sack of shit on this diet. However, with a great strength training program and cardio you can make incredible gains.
>>
>>36634899
Carbs cause heart attacks. eat low carb high fat. Like the Mediterranean diet.
>>
>>36635348
is this a joke ? the mediterranean diet is full of complex carbs(whole grains etc)
>>
>>36635763
wat? the mediteranean diet is filled with oils, nuts, vegetables, meats, and cheeses. While there is a few unrefined grains and fruits The macro breakdown is about an equal amount of fat to carbs, or in some cases more fat than carbs. Far short of the 60% carbs that is suggested by most health organizations.
>>
>>36636813
>>36636813
http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015-scientific-report/06-chapter-1/d1-10.asp#table-d1-32

Roughly 45-52% carbs, 30-32% fat, 18-25% protein. This isn't a low carb diet at all. It's within IOM recommendations and meats and processed dairy are most definitely limited.
>>
Any of you eat oatmeal? Is it good for building, or just trash cards?

I flavor it with a little bit of honey, some salt, and some brewer's yeast, any better suggestions?
>>
>>36635001
What about high carb, low protein, low fat?
>>
>>36629663
even on roids?

I heard eating hi fat lo carb with tren was dumb.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.