[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any point in doing a workout that doesn't use a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: olympic-barbell-power-cleans.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
olympic-barbell-power-cleans.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
Is there any point in doing a workout that doesn't use a barbell?

Seems like a great way to get an asymmetrical physique.

I'm in the process of fixing my bigger right side, bigger right back, bigger right shoulder and tricep. I'll never do anything but symmetrical barbell workouts ever again.
>>
>barbell flies
>>
>>36629526

All dumbbell workouts are pointless meme workouts. You have 4 variations of bench press and countless grip widths you can play with.

Dumbells are retarded. So are cables. If you want cable workouts buy a bowflex faggot.
>>
>>36629521

My left arm is still bigger and stronger than my right after 6 months of barbell training. Pretty sure it's because I jerked off so much solely with my left arm even though I'm right handed. I don't think many people notice but I do and it sucks.

I can feel it while doing bench and ohp, right side is working way harder to catch up
>>
>>36629557

Fuck man. My right arm is bigger from wanking it. Then I made it even worse at my last job swinging hammers.

I look like a total faggot
>>
File: farmers_walk.jpg (86 KB, 698x466) Image search: [Google]
farmers_walk.jpg
86 KB, 698x466
>>36629521
yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FLJ2V4F1NI
>>
>>36629543
>All dumbbell workouts are pointless meme workouts
db rows and pullovers are great
circus db pressing is great fun as well.
>>
>>36629521
>barbell
>asymmetrical physique
Nice joke

I've probably grown a lot more symmetrically than when I used dumbbells. With good form using barbells are the best for symmetric growth. Just dont push yourself past the point where you are taking over with the one side.
When I was using dumbbells it was far too easy when benching to bring one dumbbell down to a slightly different position on my chest whereas it is a lot easier to judge that both sides are coming down evenly with a barbell
>>
>barbell
>symmetry
Barbell allows for one limb to step in for the other, while dumbbels require each limb to put in equal amounts of work

dumbbells >>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>> barbells
>>
>>36629595

I wish there was a normie version of this. I did a physical labor job with heavy lifting and I got big as fuck in no time. You really can't substitute raw lifting of heavy awkward shit with fairy weight training.
>>
>>36629643
>I wish there was a normie version of this
there is, strongman is a sport like any other, you can start with pretty mediocre stats
I've seen fucking 50kg atlas stones (they look ridiculous though, as does anyone using them)
>>
>>36629643
You really can
>>
>>36629684

No you can't. There is no substitute. You work muscles and stabilizers you would almost never hit otherwise.

>>36629681

I was lifting like 200-250lb items similar technique to that video posted. I need to buy some of these atlas stones.
>>
Dumbbell bench presses are lighter on your AC joint while activating more stabilizers
>>
>>36629521
unilateral movements are the solution to muscle asymmetry
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.