[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this really make a good forearm exercise or is it just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: hand_grip_plastic.jpg (6 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hand_grip_plastic.jpg
6 KB, 300x300
Does this really make a good forearm exercise or is it just a meme?
>>
they make tiny difference over a long time.

just deadlift and farmers carry m8, will work better.
>>
>>36628843
thanks man

deadlift and basically any exercise I need a strong grip to support? Or does deadlift have some special features that make it ideal for forearms?
>>
>>36628884
I noticed any sort of pull exercise works forearms well, and pull exercises tend to need a lot of grip strength. so ye.

If you look at a middle-aged man who has done manual labour, his forearms are generally massive.
>>
File: 1457221515418.jpg (81 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1457221515418.jpg
81 KB, 500x367
>>36628914
>>
File: 312.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
312.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I have to sit for extended periods of the day. Farmers carry is not an option at my desk.

Is this a worthwhile exercise at the desk or just a meme?

I will (and do) deadlift at the gym.
>>
>>36628828
I'm getting good results with these every night mixed with strict pull ups and forearm curls
>>
And what about wrist roller? I heard its the most complex exercise for foremarms. Anyone has any experiences with it?
>>
>>36629011
>Farmers carry is not an option at my desk.
you don't actually have to walk when doing a FC. walking is just added exercise, really is pointless to actually do if all you care about is grip.
just hold heavy things, grip them hard. do this a lot over a long time. boom, big, meaty forarms.

well, now that I think a bit I guess when walking the little bumps and jerks keep the weight from sitting statically in the same position, so maybe try to move the heavy weight around a little bit in your hands.
>>
>>36628828
Accessory exercise, useful when grip starts failing on deadlifts. Plastic ones are invariably shit though. Need about 150lb resistance minimum.
>>
>>36629037
>hold heavy things, grip them hard, do this a lot over a long time
You just described high resistance hand grips. The only difference is the force trying to open your hand comes from a thick metal spring rather than a heavy weight.
>>
>>36628884
anything where you're holding weight in a relaxed arm, like in the deadlift. the deadlift is best because it's your heaviest lift, so you're holding the most weight in your hands and really testing your grip.

on the last rep of the last set of deadlifts, hold the weight as long as possible too. all the little things help!
>>
File: CoC.jpg (29 KB, 230x355) Image search: [Google]
CoC.jpg
29 KB, 230x355
The ones OP posted are bullshit and worthless.. but if you get yourself CoC's, then yes, great forearm/grip exercise
>>
File: 305.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
305.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>36629431
Why is this supposedly good while the others are shit?
>>
>>36629636
One is memed on the net, the other's aren't.
>>
>>36631149
90*
fuck
>>
>>36629364
You "relax" your arms during deadlifts? You should probably stop that.
>>
>>36631149
"this"
Aight lemme find it by typing "this" into google

Give us the name, jackass
>>
>>36629023
I try to do them every workout with 10lbs. Have seen impressive forearm gains. Do it both up and down. I always do it palms facing down though, so do it with palms facing up every now and then.
Farmers are great do them too. I can double overhand 425 when I used to have trouble holding 335. Deadlifting more will obviously help grip as well
>>
>>36631741
file name and written on top

dumbass
>>
>>36631149
98 kg arent shit after a little, CoC can go much further
>>
>>36628828
Meme.
Do heavy deadlifts, heavy wrist curls, farmers carry. Don't forget to do the opposite of wrist curls and hammer curls for the other forearm muscles.
>>
>>36631830
>meme
never change fit
>>
Not sure about gaining mass but I used one of these to rehabilitate a sprained elbow ligament and when it had healed my grip was noticeable stronger in my previously injured arm.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGEPQtHuKJo
>>
>>36631149
It seems to me the build quality on the COC is better. All you really need is a #1 and #2 maybe T if you are having difficulty closing the #1 for atleast 5 reps. Should run you the same as a GD Iron Grip 90.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.