[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/. I need your advice. I've been dieting and exercising
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: bahamas from space.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1506) Image search: [Google]
bahamas from space.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1506
Hey /fit/. I need your advice. I've been dieting and exercising for the past week after learning some pretty bad news from my doctor. He told me that my size is destroying my heart. I've been doing mostly biking and walking for cardio. I'm looking for more to do really, I figured you guys would be of help.
>pic unrelated
>>
bumping along
>>
bumperino
>>
File: sattlite over hurricane2.jpg (2 MB, 4928x3280) Image search: [Google]
sattlite over hurricane2.jpg
2 MB, 4928x3280
bumping again.
>>
>>36626797
You didn't ask a question. Maybe get to the point a bit quicker?
>>
>>36626797
low intensity cardio, 30-1hr daily
AVOID salt, drink 2.5-3L water daily
avoid greasy, fried foods, limit red meats to every other day
avoid white bread, soda, juice, simple sugars
eat leafy greens (blended into a smoothie with yogurt and apple works well, daily)
eat good carbs (brown rice, quinoa, millet, whole grain)

basically, eat less and better, drink more water, avoid salt, stay active
>>
>>36626825
What are some other good workouts to help burn fat and make me sweat?
>>
>>36626830
thanks anon.
>>
File: Emi's workout guide.jpg (2 MB, 4268x3100) Image search: [Google]
Emi's workout guide.jpg
2 MB, 4268x3100
>>36626797
I've posted this so many times

it really should be pinned on the front page
>>
>>36626833
If you say "make me sweat" as in good exercise I can recommend swimming. It is great for cardio and barely puts any stress on your joints, but it doesnt make you sweat cause you are already surrounded by water which cools you off.
>>
>>36626797
Cool photo of yourself, could be too late for you if you have gone full planet mode and it took a doctor to tell you somethings wrong
>>
It sounds like your primary goal is weight loss. There's honestly nothing better than diet for changing weight. I wouldn't advise anybody to exercise to drop from overfat to healthy fat levels unless they were wealthy and could pay a personal trainer to oversee that.

That said, maintaining some level of physical activity is very useful. In the perfect world, you'd be able to dedicate an hour or more a day to walking, but you want to hit at least 20 minutes or so six days a week.

For your diet, make certain you're being obsessively, obnoxiously sure to weigh everything that isn't prepackaged. It's very easy to let appetite throw your numbers off (a fairly good study showed that many people that had trouble dieting under counted their calories by a full 50%!).

Once you're getting into a healthy body fat percentage, I recommend picking up an exercise program to improve your health. I especially think weight training is good for most people.

Good luck!
>>
>>36626857
I'm too obese to run to be honest. I want to get to the point where I can run again.
>>36626883
haha very funny.
>>
>>36626833
>STICKY
>T
>I
>C
>K
>Y
>>
>>36626845
there's no big secret to being healthy really. you have to stick to it though, it'll be at least a month before you notice any changes.

>>36626857
running bad for fat people because stress on joints. bad form will fuck you up quickly

>>36626877
swimming bad for unskilled people because breathing technique is required. those who don't know how to breathe properly will feel winded before getting exercised.

speedwalking is good for absolute beginners, graduate to elliptical and biking. keep a fan on yourself because your size will make it much harder to cool down relative to a thinner person, and you will tire much faster when hot. keep your pieces long and not hard, steady state aerobic cardio (where you can talk during the piece) is what improves your cardiovascular health.
>>
>>36626904
thanks anon
>>
>>36626928
I'm only a week into it and I feel a lot better. I feel like I have more energy, and my attitude is better. But as far as weight loss I've only lost a 1/2 pound.
>>
>>36626939
good to hear anon, it's inspiring to hear about people wanting to get in shape. take the other guy's advice about diet, he is correct
>>
>>36626939
Your body needs time to adjust before you'll start to noticeably lose weight. Even a keto diet needs about 10 days before you're able to adjust. Give it some time and keep focused on exercise and diet and you'll be /fit/ter in no time.
>>
>>36626814
>>36626797
Are these pictures of yourself?
>>
File: hoooly.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hoooly.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>36627010
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.