[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weighted vest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: GF-WV20_2.png (544 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
GF-WV20_2.png
544 KB, 700x700
I'm new to /fit/
Mainly here for a question and advice.
I was at muscle beach last month and my friends asked me if I could climb the rope. (Note I'm basically out of shape but I did judo and wrestling for 16 years.)
I was able to do it no problem without using my feet. And that motivated me to start to get back into shape. So I've be jogging and climbing the ropes every other day.
I feel like it's not enough anymore and I have been checking into weighted vests. Are they good? Bad things about them? How hard would climbing ropes be with the vest? And is 20 lbs enough for a 175 lbs male who's 5'6?
Thanks
>>
>>36626113
If you are running/skipping with them say bye bye to your knees
>>
>>36626113
rope climbing isnt even hard if you know how to do a j-hook faggot
>>
They're not any good.

You want weighted exercise to be short and intense not long and drawn out.

I unfortunately made the mistake of buying a weight vest a few years ago, so im not just disregarding it without any prior experience or knowledge (like most people on 4chan)
>>
>>36626113
there's some asshole in my gym who runs around in some stupid ass vest and his rock lee ankle weights doing kung fu kicks with horrible form between sets
If you love you joints and want to be able to walk past the age of 35 don't do it
>>
But ppl in the army train with equipment for long hours , wouldn't it be the same ?
>>
>>36626126
>>36626138
>>36626157
Its only 20 pounds. Is it that bad?
So jogging in a vest is bad?
>>
>>36626163
nigga our joints are fucked to shit
>>
>>36626175
It'll stress your body into evasive movements regardless of the weight since it's unnatural to jog with heavy equipment
it's just as memey as these masks
>>
>>36626209
just realized evasive movement only makes sense in my language but still it'll fuck yo shit up
>>
>>36626209
Some oter guy said short intervals. So would 2 miles count as short?
>>
>>36626207
This. Believe it or not, a CSM chewed my ass for running in a vest on my own time.
>>
>>36626207
>>36626235
I'm putting all my chips on prosthetic limbs/implants in the next 20-30 years to replace my shattered knees
>>
>>36626247
I just got out after 6 and a half. I was a pog so my knees aren't quite as fucked. (though I was born with crooked ass legs and I have 2 twisted vertabrae)
>>
>>36626163
>Citing an organization that makes it's personal run 6 miles every weekday morning as something to be emulated
Yeah, there's a reason when they offered me a reenlistment contract after four years I sent it back covered in crudely sharpie'd pictures of cocks.

I bought a weight vest (and a bane mask) to train for climbing Kili, but I would NEVER run in it.
>>
>>36626175
you have to start with low weights to get your joints used to it and slowly increase the weight
>>
>>36626113
I am doing my infantry training with the canadian army and we do all are pt with flaks on and i barely notice mine any more. I am 5'10 and 157 without my plates and with plates im something like 195.Helps with cardio alot i have noticed.
>>
For rope climbing, instead of using weights you could start doing variations with straddled or piked legs only using your arms.
>>
>>36626126
>he didn't weight 120kg when he started running

I'm sorry for my former fat privilege. My calves make up 20% of my total muscle mass today. People think I'm a professional soccer player.
>>
>>36626126
What do people mean when say "fucked joints" ? Like a specific injury?
>>
If you wanna run with weight on yourself join the military, they will pay you to do so.

>He is actually paying to destroy his own knees the madman
>>
>>36626113
I hope your not planning on running with a vest OP that can really mess your back up desu
>>
File: acid_picdump_63.jpg (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
acid_picdump_63.jpg
21 KB, 600x600
>>36626113
weighted vests suck. Have fun struggling to breathe and possibly passing out when you exert yourself.

Source: I fell for this meme
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.