[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think of coconut oil? Some people at my workplace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 81XxKN4oqDL._SL1500_.jpg (244 KB, 1190x1500) Image search: [Google]
81XxKN4oqDL._SL1500_.jpg
244 KB, 1190x1500
What does /fit/ think of coconut oil? Some people at my workplace keep praising it as some magic elixir that can do all the things.
One guy said he's has severe acne all his life and after he started cleaning his face using coconut oil, he hasn't had a new breakout since.

Another guy said his roommate does everything with coconut oil. He cooks with his, brushes his teeth with it, drinks his tea with it, etc.

Thoughts? Experiences?
>>
Personal preference . I know people use it for various purposes. Hair, skin, food etc. Honestly it's a bit overrated for me. Like every other food fad.

I like it for food though. Taste wise cooking with it just makes the food so much better . I'm cutting though so I only use it when I have calories to spare
>>
>>36625806
I cook with it. Haven't tried any of that other magic elixir shit though. Wouldn't smear it on my scalp unless I was 100% sure it wouldn't be an asinine thing to do.
>>
The benefits are extremely overstated but it's not bad as a fat source.
>>
It tastes good but it's full of saturated fats. It's not healthy for you and using it for shit like acne is as retarded as magnetic bracelets. I bet these faggots drive a prius and don't vaccinate their kids.
>>
>>36625806
If you're going to eat a processed oil it's probably one of the better ones. It has a relatively low smoke point, so they have to be kind of gentle in the processing, so you don't get a lot of the crazy dangerous fatty acids. It's also got lots of MCTs, which you care about if you're a fan of Joe Rogan.
>>
idk a lot about it but i actually thought that it's not great for people with acne prone skin.

https://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-figures/comedogenic-rating.html
>>
I don't use it for cooking but I lube up my hands a few times a day
does a good job keeping my calluses in check
>>
>>36625915
If you get regular coconut oil yeah, but extra virgin coconut oil is pretty good. Reasons why people get acne in the first place is that they lack oil, which then over produces oil. Supposedly coconut oil has properties that regulate the oil production on the face.
>>
http://examine.com/supplements/Coconut+Oil/

Appears to be comparable to mineral oil, which is usually the active control in these studies.
>>
I use it on face almost daily. I don't notice anymore or less acne outbreaks. It helps with complexion immensely. My hair on forehead and hands to face and not washing pillow case causes acne.
>>
Pretty good moisturizer.
>>
>>36625851
>he doesn't know what MCTs are
>>
Use it very sparingly, and if you're trying to be fit, avoid oils altogether as much as possible.
>>
File: itpiss.jpg (80 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
itpiss.jpg
80 KB, 1440x1080
>>36628154
>and if you're trying to be fit, avoid oils altogether as much as possible.

you are fucking joking right?
>>
>>36628154
This is retarded.
>>
>>36625806
I use it on my body moisturises very well. Also use it in my hair and on the odd occasion for cooking.

Wouldn't recommend putting it on your face though, it's a non comedogenic (clogs your pores) so some people break out easily using it or pores become enlarged and more noticeable
>>
I got a tub of it for free. Can you only cook sweets with it? It smells sweet as fuck. I can't cook normal foods with it can I?
>>
Don't cook with it at all. Just eat it. A tablespoon or two a day is awesome on a cut too.
>>
>>36625806
it is mostly dangerous saturated fat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzuPAD0_F8
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.