[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vegan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15
Why arnt you vegan yet?
>>
>>36624643
B-but who's gonna eat all the delicious meat?
>>
I'm not mentally unstable.
>>
File: 08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
cuz im a man
>>
>>
It's easier to eat a balanced diet if you can eat meat and other animal products. I'd go vegetarian, if anything.
>>
>>36624643
oh my god get the fuck out of here you raging samefagging faggot. posting the same thread 893 times isnt going to change peoples minds you inferior herbivore cuck.
>>
Because I'm underdeveloped, have low testosterone and brain problems from my mother forcing me to be a vegan until I was 10

now I eat almost only animal products
>>
>>36624756
>now I eat almost only animal products
but why would anyone eat a mostly animal diet?
>brain problems
oh

and as someone who has been vegan since he was 13: it doesn`t influence development at all. you are just a weak retarded beta fuck and blaming your mom won`t change that.
>>
who cares
>>
because i hate all living forms
>>
Because I love bbq beer country music hunting fishing big tittys and Texas. I don't agree with trophy killing a lion or elephant or some endangered shit but you're damn ass right I'm going to grill up a cow.
>>
>>36624643
Because I hate beans and soy.
>>
>>36624793
bullshit. I had really bad ADD and emotional problems as a kid and when I started eating animal products that basically all went away. I'm exaggerating about only eating animal products, but we ARE fucking omnivores whether you like it or not.
>>
>>36624822
So, eat them. Murder those little faggot.
>>
File: 1457270283316.jpg (20 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
1457270283316.jpg
20 KB, 300x285
>>36624643
I don't tolerate the rape and murder of plants.
>>
>>36624823
>I had really bad ADD
which goes away in about 2/3 of cases when you get older anyway.

>emotional problems
bitch

>appeal to nature fallacy
bitch
>>
>>36624643
because the only real argument I've heard for veganism is that eating animals is selfish. I do agree that it is a bit selfish to "enslve" animals simply becasue I want nutrients, but I really don't care. honestly I'd probably eat human meat if it was legal, delicious and good for me.

also, a diet is obviously not meant for you if every real nutrition expert recommends you use suppliments to make up for the nutrients you're not getting enough of
>>
>>36624643

You know I've tried, and no matter how many supplements I take and how much of a can-do attitude I have about it, I always find myself going back to meat.

That and because literally no branch of human civilization has ever, in recorded history, been entirely vegan, just sayin.
>>
>>36624643
because vegetarians are faggots.
>>
>>36624872
whether or not appeal to nature fallacy applies here, his point is entirely right. Humans are omnivores and usually function best with a balanced diet of animal and plant products. Like >>36624971 said, staying healthy as a vegan is pretty damn hard without using supplements.

That being said, if you want to go veggie or vegan for whatever reason (maybe your body doesnt like meat or something else,) go ahead. I won't judge or care as long as you aren't one of those few that think meat eaters are the spawn of the devil or something.
>>
File: LT9SMDf[1].jpg (26 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
LT9SMDf[1].jpg
26 KB, 480x270
>>36624643
Because I'm not a bleeding heart liberal who makes life critical decisions because a video about "muh animal rights" made me sad.

Also, I don't believe an obscure religious observance popularised by hippies in the 60s is the solution to environmental stress caused by the meat industry either.
>>
>>36624643
Because there is cataloged video proof that become a vegan will:
1. Turn you green
2. Make you psychotic
3. Take ten years to get to somewhere that might've taken someone else 2 or less
4. The best you can date is a guy pretending to be a girl.

By purely unedited behavior vegangays has made the most compelling point of the dangers of becoming a vegan.
>>
>>36625265
He has a new video out btw, and it's cringey as ever. He looks a bit greasy and sick also, maybe not enough protons and b12 kek.
He does seem to have passable taste in headphones though which is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdtoMUYN_xE

>Good form, Pupper
>>
>>36624643
Because I'm three years into keto and in the best shape of my life. Had bone broth this morning, steaks are chilling in the fridge, life is good.

And since I NEVER buy any processed crap, candy bars or soda all in their individually plastic covers and printed with a huge amount of ingredients no human should ever eat, I'm doing a lot more for the environment than vegan hambeasts who inhale junk carbs all the live long day.
>>
>>36625328
samefagging to add that I use cow shit as manure to grow avocado trees. Have eight trees and counting, definitely doing more for the environment than any veganfag on fit ever.
>>
>>36624643
Because you're annoying and I don't want to become like you.

Also meat is good and makes me a big and strong manly man.

Also how dare you advocate the torture and factory farming of innocent plants. They are raised from birth with the sole intention of being slaughtered for food! You fucking monster
>>
>>36624643
cause its hard to transition with out help.
>>
>>36624672
Sleep tight Trump
>>
>>
Somebody ban this stupid fuck all he does is post the same gay vegan thread.

Fuck off back to the fucking veggie fetish board you came from and leave my mongolian horse trading board alone
>>
>>36625328
>ingredients no human should ever eat
"muh chemicals"
Yo better cut water too it's a chemical
>>
>>36624643

>Why arnt you vegan yet?

This bait is becoming lazier and lazier.
>>
I am interested in veganism, but I don't know if I'd ever take the plunge. I generally try to source my meat from ethical sources, although I am aware 'free range' doesn't mean what people think it does. I am ultimately a speciesist, I think that human beings are vastly superior and anyone with a brain who likes histroy, science, literature and philosophy knows that animals will never compare.

I sometimes watch unatural vegan's videos as she is fairly rational. I hate virgin gains with a passion, he is an example of those mysanthropic retards who have to get companionship from animals because they are so inept with people. durianrider is also a massive faggot.
>>
>>36624643

Because it's not better for animals and not better for my health
>>
>>36625522
>durianrider is also a massive faggot
He's a good rider though, can't deny that.
Frelee I find is far more annoying, at least Durian gives some usable riding advice even if it's the same in every video.
>>
>>36625541
Oh yes, he's a good biker. I just can't take that over his click bait titles, utter lack of real nutritional knowledge and bizarre personality.
>>
>>36625245
>staying healthy as a vegan is pretty damn hard without using supplements.
goess what, the average person is deficient in all kinds of nutrients, even those people that care about their fitness/diet. for some reason, nobody whines about that, but once a vegan appears everybody pretends that you die if you don`t get 100% of vitamins and that everyone else magically isn`t deficient.

and since this is about health, why the FUCK do you think it is healthy to eat meat (causes cancer and heart disease) or to drink milk (causes oestopoerosis)?

noone ever died of zinc deficiency, but everyone whines about that. but everyone conveniently ignores the negative health effects of animal products.
>>
>>36625541
>>36625552

Durianrider is a lunatic but his veganism is sincere. Freelee is a shyster.
>>
>>36625522
>as she is fairly rational
There is no such thing as a rational vegan. Literally. No. Such. Thing. If a vegan attempts to apply rationalism to their views, you will get one of two results: either they will become a raving lunatic who values cows/sheep/mice/insects/etc well above humans, or they will no longer be vegan.
>>
File: Omnivore.jpg (1 MB, 1265x1302) Image search: [Google]
Omnivore.jpg
1 MB, 1265x1302
>>36625245

>Humans are omnivores

Pic related

>and usually function best with a balanced diet of animal and plant products

If avoiding health problems is a gauge of function, vegans seem to function better than non-vegans.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/

"Vegetarian diets confer protection against cardiovascular diseases, cardiometabolic risk factors, some cancers and total mortality. Compared to lacto-ovo-vegetarian diets, vegan diets seem to offer additional protection for obesity, hypertension, type-2 diabetes, and cardiovascular mortality"

>staying healthy as a vegan is pretty damn hard without using supplements.

Same as when you're not vegan, possibly even moreso because you're also intentionally eating things that make you more likely to develop chronic diseases. Most people in general don't stay healthy unless they make the effort to eat well and exercise right.

When it comes to eating well, the more plant-centered your diet is, the better

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967195/

"The vegan diet received the highest index values and the omnivorous the lowest for HEI-2010 and MDS. Typical aspects of a vegan diet (high fruit and vegetable intake, low sodium intake, and low intake of saturated fat) contributed substantially to the total score, independent of the indexing system used. The score for the more prudent diets (vegetarians, semi-vegetarians and pesco-vegetarians) differed as a function of the used indexing system but they were mostly better in terms of nutrient quality than the omnivores."
"The use of indexing systems, estimating the overall diet quality based on different aspects of healthful dietary models (be it the US Dietary Guidelines for Americans or the compliance to the Mediterranean Diet) indicated consistently the vegan diet as the most healthy one"
>>
>>36625552
The webz runs on clickbait tho, you should be used to it by now anon.
It'll be interesting to see what happens if he keeps on eating massively high GI fruit all day and stops riding or ceases his B12 injections or something, he's like an interesting real-time experiment on nutrition.

I think him and Freelee were both pretty seriously into stimulants back in the day and it has cracked their personalities somewhat, they seem to have some pretty significant remnants of drug induced psychosis and less impulse control than your average person; but hey, I don't know them in person and at least a little bit of it is put on for the cameras.

Freelee would actually be hot if it weren't for that painfully plain face and terrible personality and voice. Seriously, I'm from the same state as them and the way she talks makes me want to icepick both of my eardrums out.
>>
>>36624643
>why arnt you vegan yet?
Because I can tell the difference between fantasy and reality.
>>
File: 1439042743892.jpg (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1439042743892.jpg
14 KB, 500x500
>>36624643
Because I want to have muscles.
>>
>>36625605
>seem to offer additional protection for obesity
You know how I can tell the study is bullshit without even bothering to open it?
>>
>>36624667
>he says while eating the remains of a tortured pig
>>
>>36625628

>calorie-sparse, highly satiating diet makes obesity less likely

What's bullshit about that?
>>
>>36625650
>calorie-sparse, highly satiating
Not inherent qualities of vegan diets, anon. Sugar is vegan.
>>
>>36624672
Sleep tight Trump
>>
Simple: I like meat. Once I participated in no meat March I lasted like two days
>>
>>36625614
>The webz runs on clickbait tho, you should be used to it by now anon.
There are degrees, there is a difference between interesting titles and plain bullshit ones like 'Vegans should die?' or something like that.
>>
>>36625663

Any diet can have sugar so it's an even playing field. Since vegans virtually always have lower rates of obesity, it's fair to say the diet is protective against obesity relative to other diets that produce higher obesity rates, such as omnivorous diets.
>>
>>36625594
Have you tried watching her videos? She does not place animals above humans, her whole point is that she does not want to cause unecessary suffering.
>>
>>36625254
good form, pupper
>>
>>36624643
My species is omnivoric.
>>
>>36625594
I'm never able to really understand most vegans motivations, especially when they're a "moral vegan."

What belief system could you even base moral veganism off? The only ones I know of are some of the northern Indian religions, who refrain from meat eating the majority of the time as a religious observance.
>>
>>36625663
Yes, but you are still removing calorie dense food from your diet. It is much more difficult to be a fat vegan than a fat meat eater.
>inb4 you show me a fat vegan which won't actually destroy my point.
>>
>>36625722

Probably something about respecting the lives of animals and not wanting to torture and kill them.
>>
>>36625733
You don't have a point to destroy though.
>>
>>36625744
>>36625722

Animals have feelings. They more than likely became vegan after watching chickens stuck in small cages or cows being tortured and they become vegan and against animal cruelty
>>
>>36625748
I know you're trying to be funny, but my point is that it is harder to be a fat vegan than a fat meat eater and most statistics will verify my point. I am not even a Vegan, I am just exercising something called objectivity which I know that 4chan tends to sap.
>>
>>36625695
>does not want to cause unnecessary suffering
>doesn't place animals above humans
Well then, she clearly hasn't applied rationalism to her views yet.

>>36625733
>implying lean meat is calorie dense
The point is that they are failing to control for confounding factors, which makes the whole study highly suspect.
>>
>>36624643
...because I don't care about the animals, the planet, or the people enough for it to get in the way of my pleasure.

I have fucking priorities you know.
>>
>>36625722
>>36625756
>animals having feelings
Indeed they do. Moral veganism arises when you consider feelings to be more important than reason. It's the same brand of bullshit that SJWism springs from.
>>
>>36625605
>Eating more vegetables, low GI carbs and non- processed foods makes you more healthy

Jeez, you don't say?
What does that have to do with not eating meat though, why do you care personally if people eat some meat?
>>
I give mad props to vegetarians and vegans, since in terms of energy used to make food, it only takes 1/10th the energy it does to feed one compared to a typical diet.

But I also like the taste of meat and gains, so fuck that noise.
>>
>>36625760
>>does not want to cause unnecessary suffering
>>doesn't place animals above humans
>Well then, she clearly hasn't applied rationalism to her views yet.
Does speciesism require the suffering of animals? Is the future of humanity dependent upon your purchasing of animal products? I don't think you are think any of this through, your prejudice prevents you from seeing it as a serious subject.

>>36625760
>implying lean meat is calorie dense
I do not imply that at all, I am saying that veganism forbids you from certain foods which are calorie dence. I agree that Vegans being healthier doesn't mean that Veganism is healthier, but the point still stands.
>>
>>36625773
You're basically a belly then. Just a dumb mouth to feed.
>>
>>36625744
>>36625756
>>36625785
I'm aware that animals have feelings and sentience and that's cool, the decision i make to eat them isn't an emotional one though.

The question I'm asking is: What Core belief system is your not eating meat based upon? Evolution? Christianity/Catholicism? Judaism? Other?

If you don't believe in any core belief system, then where do your non-meat eating beliefs come from?

I'm not trolling, I am genuinely curious to find out what drives modern "Non-Moral" veganism.
>>
>>36625836
>is the future of humanity dependent upon your purchasing of animal products?
No, but a focus on reducing suffering (of which forbidding animal products is a side effect) as being more important than anything else is detrimental to the future of humanity. Add up the numbers involved with wild animal suffering if you don't believe me. Well sourced essays on the subject aren't hard to find.
>>
>>36625785

What's unreasonable about it?

>>36625859

>What Core belief system is your not eating meat based upon? Evolution? Christianity/Catholicism? Judaism? Other?

Just from existing with other creatures on the planet and not wanting to kill everything. You ever see a dog and just pet it on the head or smile and walk by instead of stabbing it in the neck and cooking its ribs? It's like that, but with cows and pigs and stuff
>>
>>36625880
>No, but a focus on reducing suffering (of which forbidding animal products is a side effect) as being more important than anything else is detrimental to the future of humanity.
Being vegan doesn't require that.

Here is an example of one of her videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ytgRMOkH8

I know you probably don't want to listen to a vegan babble from 25 min, but just from the title you can see the tone she is going for. She angers a lot of the virgin gains/freelee crows just by being reasonable. She also supported the Hodgetwins transitioning back to meat.
>>
>>36624643
>itt vegans try to appear rational
>come off as estrogen enriched girly boys

this kills the /fit/
>>
This thread belongs in >>>/ck/ or >>>/pol/.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 362x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 362x347
>>36624643
>meats starting to gross me out
>eat it everyday anyways
>>
>>36625918
>"meat eaters who know about but don't care about factory farming should die" is a sufficiently widespread point of view that it needs a video to refute it
top kek
>>
>>36625882
That sounds a lot more like a life decision than a core belief to me though.
I love the animals that I interact with, which is mostly my pets and other people's pets and I'll happily show them affection, feed them, shelter them etc.
When it comes to animals that I choose to eat, I make sure that they're free range and ethically and sustainably sourced so that no unnecessary suffering is caused outside what's needed to slaughter and process them. I see no conflict in this with my core beliefs and our country has a humane slaughter act and animal treatment legislations that's actually enforced properly.

>existing with other creatures on the planet and not wanting to kill everything

I understand the sentiment, cows and pigs can be pretty cool critters and If i had either as a pet I'd thoroughly enjoy my time with it; but when the time for slaughter came I'd be grateful for their companionship that they gave me.

Animals can be bros, I'm definitely with you on that anon; but like I said, my core beliefs don't stop me from eating them and it's not an emotional thing or a taboo for me personally.

What actually made you switch to veganism? All but the most hardened sociopath can share bonds with animals, but what made you come to the decision not to eat them?
>>
>>36625942
>What is salt, pepper, herbs, spices, sauces and sides?

Pick up your culinary game anon.
>>
>>36625950
I have to agree with you on that one, it is silly.
>>
>>36625971

We see things like "humane slaughter" and "ethical meat" differently. To me, these are marketing phrases that meat suppliers use to make people feel better about killing animals. You shouldn't need to use them if you feel comfortable with what you're doing. The definition of humane is "having or showing compassion or benevolence." Treating an animal humanely, to me atleast, would be giving it some food and a blanket, not firing a bolt into its head, hanging it upside down, and slitting its throat. If we consider that eating meat isn't a given, it's not a necessary thing we have to do, I think it's much harder to justify even if you promise you've found a way to kill animals in a nice way.

>What actually made you switch to veganism? All but the most hardened sociopath can share bonds with animals, but what made you come to the decision not to eat them?

I'm convinced it's a healthier way to eat, and it saves money. I don't call myself a vegan and never considered myself an ethical vegan, but since I don't eat meat anyway it's easier to be honest about it. I've never had the urge to hurt animals I've seen in person so I don't see a reason to pay someone else to hurt animals for me. There's other stuff to eat.
>>
>>36624643
To piss off vegans.
>>
>>36626087
>treating definitively sub-human things in a humane way
Well there's your problem anon. Next thing you'll be telling me that you object to slaughtering pigs in minecraft.

>saves money
If you're trying to get a lot of protein for cheap in your diet (and on /fit/, who isn't?) then disregarding animal products severely limits your options.
>>
>>36625971
>free range
That reminds me. I need to double check whether free range eggs have any nutritional value over cage eggs, and if not, switch back.
>>
>>36626087
>You shouldn't need to use them if you feel comfortable with what you're doing
They're there to assure that no suffering outside what's need to slaughter them, it's legislated and not open to much interpretation here. I get what you mean about people needing assurance to "feel comfortable about what they're doing" but that's not something most people think about, I know what's involved in processing meat from hunting and fishing and emotion isn't separate from it at all, I'm grateful for the animal giving their life to me and don't take it lightly.

>I'm convinced it's a healthier way to eat, and it saves money
The health thing is still a topic of much debate, and eating more veg/plant foods can benefit everyone and fits with the biology of how our digestive systems are geared. I know what you mean by it being cheaper, good fresh meat here can be expensive, but there are plenty of cured meats that are a cheaper option and keep much longer so it's not out of the question unless you're living hand to mouth and waiting for your next paychek.

You probably deal with more vegans than I do, so I have to ask: Why do some vegans feel the need to convince other people to be vegans? They seem to try to appeal on an emotional level when shaky studies and theories fail. Are they the meme vegans?

You seem like a cool guy, sadly some people define their lives and even relationships by their veganism and I'm glad you haven't fallen for that anon.
>>
File: Lentil nutrition.png (270 KB, 834x929) Image search: [Google]
Lentil nutrition.png
270 KB, 834x929
>>36626134

>Next thing you'll be telling me that you object to slaughtering pigs in minecraft.

Bit of a slippery slope fally, innit? I hope you're not the person I've been talking to, otherwise you dropped your guise of giving a shit about how animals are treated really quickly

>If you're trying to get a lot of protein for cheap in your diet (and on /fit/, who isn't?) then disregarding animal products severely limits your options.

I wouldn't say it really limits me since I care about the the quality of what I'm buying and the healthiness of the food is very important to me. I can even afford to spend more on the extra fancy lentils I like while still paying naught but shit. Just ordered a 25 pound sack of my lentils for 40 bucks. About 2,945 grams of protein total, about 73g prote per dollar. I add in some dirt cheap grains like oats, wheat, and barley, freeing me up to splurge on vegetables and fruits. The sweet life.
>>
I am subscribed to John Sakars, this guy is hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY8DTHU5sg8
>>
>>36626267
>hope you're not the person I've been talking to
I'm not. I don't really care about the welfare of completely non-sapient things as an issue by itself. I'm more concerned about what their treatment implies about the ones treating them that way, as well as nutritional implications, etc.

>lentils
Yep, one of the very few decent cheap vegan options I'm aware of. Kidney beans is the other. Maybe pea-based protein powder too, but I haven't checked the price of that too closely. Everything else tends to either be expensive or not even remotely high-protein enough.
>>
File: Ron.gif (819 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Ron.gif
819 KB, 500x300
>>36626143
Animals that are treated better make better quality produce anon, it's pretty well accepted these days.

You ever gone fishing and just tossed your fish into a bucket so that they suffocate instead of bleeding them out and snapping the spinal cord? If you can't tell the difference in taste between the 2, you probably have the palate of a small child m8.

Most people across the world believe that animals are here on earth for companionship, produce, clothing and so on. Most core beliefs, religions and societies confirm that and expand upon it by also recognising that the responsibility to treat animals in exchange for all they give us is also our responsibility.

The only people I've met that have no semblance of responsibility for animals having a quailty of life are true humanists and those with legitimate mental disorders that truly can't feel empathy.

This being the 'chins though, it's more likely you're just trying to be edgy, in which case I give a 4/10. That's a good score from a seasoned shitposter, don't feel too bad.
>>
>>36626251

>They're there to assure that no suffering outside what's need to slaughter them,

What I'm trying to say is the slaughter itself isn't something that needed to happen. In a situation where the animal is already doomed, sure there's better and worse ways it can be executed, but like I said, it's not a given. The whole act could be avoided if people don't demand an animal die so they could have meat.

> I know what's involved in processing meat from hunting and fishing and emotion isn't separate from it at all, I'm grateful for the animal giving their life to me and don't take it lightly.

Phrases like that kind of annoy me to be honest. That's not the animal giving their life, that's you taking the animal's life. You shot it in half with a rifle. It didn't walk up to you, say "please eat me, Charles!" and flop over dead. If it didn't want to die, it doesn't seem respectful to kill it, particularly when it's not something that had to happen. If I saw an elk in the wild, I'd just admire it for a few seconds and then leave it be. No need to shoot the thing.

>You probably deal with more vegans than I do, so I have to ask: Why do some vegans feel the need to convince other people to be vegans?

Depends on what they're about. Ethical vegans who want to stop animal suffering and exploitation are obviously going to want to get other people to stop as well, otherwise they aren't doing much to help. Same with people who are concerned with the environmental impact of animal agriculture. If they want to save the planet, they have to get everyone else on board. For that matter, it's the same for anyone with any kind of cause. If you don't like something that's going on, you don't want other people to keep doing it. While plenty of vegans annoy me, their campaigning is usually alright with me. I get way more annoyed when people take eating meat as a god given right and can't even see not eating meat as an option.
>>
>>36624667
I don't understand why anyone replies to bait threads like this when this is the only response necessary
>>
>>36624643
because I like steak and pork ribs too much faggot
>>
>>36626387
>Animals that are treated better make better quality produce anon, it's pretty well accepted these days.
I'm aware. And I expect there to be differences based on diet and health of the chickens. I merely want to double check the evidence, because I operate with a tightly constrained budget.

>true humanists
Now let me just go look up humanism so I'm not working off potentially half-remembered hearsay...
>Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over acceptance of dogma or superstition.
'kay. That describes me fairly well. To me, morally right actions are those that promote the existence and improvement of civilisations where intellect is highly valued that are made up of sapient agents who retain the ability to make meaningful choices about their lives. Caring about the welfare of animals beyond that (like that of some adorable cats that live near me) is amoral.
>>
>>36626469
>concerned with the environmental impact of animal agriculture
Vegans who try this argument are hilarious, because it's just so obvious that they're starting with the conclusion and working their way backwards. It also puts them at odds with the moral vegans, because environmentally you should eat more chicken and less beef, but "morally" it's the other way around.
>>
>>36626469
>What I'm trying to say is the slaughter itself isn't something that needed to happen
Of course it doesn't "need" to happen, but it does because people enjoy eating animals and their products. I know you don't think it should should happen and you don't slaughter animals yourself or pay others to do it, that's your choice. I have no interest in taking that away, we're both adults who can make our own decisions.

>That's not the animal giving their life, that's you taking the animal's life
True, they didn't give me their life through conscious choice to be more concise about it. I happily take the lives of selected animals or "pay others to do it" and eat their products because I do believe that it's a God given right. If i chose not to eat animals and their products, it'd also be a God given right but for me that'd be an emotional or personal decision and I see absolutely no benefit in it personally.

>Ethical vegans who want to stop animal suffering and exploitation
Animals on properly run farms have it pretty good: Protection from predators, reliable feeding, medical care (not in all cases), shelter and other benefits. Most agree that as long as they have a good quality of life, use of them and their products is a fair. It's harsh on an emotional level for some, but life is like that.

>I get way more annoyed when people take eating meat as a god given right
Again, that's an opinion and an emotional response, just about everyone is aware of the choice of not eating meat and choose to do it anyway; we all get butthurt about stuff too anon, including me.

>>36626527
Evolution, being tied with humanism states that, being at the top of the food chain, we can eat what we want. Treating animals with "respect" or giving them "rights" is not synonymous with a belief in "survival of the fittest" and doesn't really serve our progression as a species.

I do agree with your reasoning anon, I just have different beliefs is all, I love eat like most anyone else.
>>
>>36625370
I can give you some really good resources if you want. :)
>>
>>36624643
i was eating the typical body builder diet. chicken, steaks, eggs, etc. I went to take my blood pressure and it was 177. Went to the doctor and he said I'm lucky to be 18 because if I was a few years older I could have a heart attack. Went on a Vegan diet, within a week my blood pressure was at optimal levels and i went for a check up and the doctor said he's never seen a healthier person.
>>
>>36624643
Here's a Vegan diet example for someone maintaining an 180lb physique

Breakfest - Blended up Smoothie and Oatmeal
Kale 2cups
Spinach 1cup
Blueberries 1 1/4cups
Cherries 1cup
Ground Flaxseeds 5tbsp
Oatmeal 1 1/3 cups

Lunch - Rice Veggie/Bean Stir Fry
Brown Rice 3/4cups
Black Beans 3/4cups
Peas 1/2cup
Corn 1/2cup
Broccoli 1cup
Carrots 1cup
Oranges x3

Dinner
Bananas x3
Broccoli x2cups
Almonds 1/3cup
Oatmeal x1cup
Lentils (mixed in Oatmeal) 1/2cup

KEEP MAKING THOSE VEGGAN GAINS
>>
>>36626684

>Of course it doesn't "need" to happen, but it does because people enjoy eating animals and their products.

Right, I'm just putting the idea of humane slaughter into context. If it's meant as a solution for those concerned with animal welfare, the more obvious choice would be to just eat something else. If someone lulls themself with the idea of happy, nice farms where the animals love to be slaughtered, to me that just sounds like "I see the issue and I'm willing to do something about it as long as that something doesn't involve me having to give up the food I like." It just leads to a half-assed solution that doesn't solve any problem except the one about feeling bad about killing animals.

>I happily take the lives of selected animals or "pay others to do it" and eat their products because I do believe that it's a God given right.
>Evolution, being tied with humanism states that, being at the top of the food chain, we can eat what we want.

I'm not going to make a big argument out of this at 3 in the morning but I've never liked "might makes right" type arguments no matter what the context is. It's like a school bully arguing that while he respects and appreciates the other kids, he also shakes them down for their lunch money because it's his natural right as the biggest kid around.

>just about everyone is aware of the choice of not eating meat and choose to do it anyway;

What I mean is some people act like it's not even a choice, that they absolutely have to eat meat, and if they listen to an argument against eating meat and find themselves agreeing with it, like I'm saying in my first point up there, the solution always has to have meat shoehorned into it even if it shouldn't. One thing you can respect about the vegans is that most of them at some point weren't vegans. They heard shit, agreed with it, and committed to what they agreed was the best solution even if they had to stop doing something they like.
>>
>>36626684
>>36626839

>Animals on properly run farms have it pretty good: Protection from predators, reliable feeding, medical care (not in all cases), shelter and other benefits

Not really protection from predators, is it? It's a guaranteed death for every one of them, at 1/4 their natural lifespan if they're lucky, 1/8 or less if they're not. No natural behavior like bonding, sexual selection, or maternity.

>Most agree that as long as they have a good quality of life, use of them and their products is a fair.

Specifically, the people who get to look forward to a nice steak at the end of the process agree with that. That's what matters most.
>>
>>36626819
I would be hungry from that and it's over double my TDEE.
>>
>>36626901
Considering smaller amounts of fruit, veggies and whole food fill you up more than large quantities of burgers, fries, fats, and meats... no.. you're wrong.

You would struggle to eat this in a day.
>>
>>36624643

I'm not retarded.
>>
>>36626901
3/4 of uncooked brown rice is a lot to eat in a sitting. It's like 500cals. I'm assuming that's the messurement he is using.
>>
>>36626927
No you're wrong. I could easily eat all that and still be hungry. Clearly you don't understand satiety. And why do vegans always assume that non-vegan equals junk food?
>>
>>36626965
Show me your diet and I'll be the judge
>>
>>36627000
Oh, and a picture with timestamp. If you reply with just a diet and a random picture with no timestmap then you're just admitting you're a shit poster
>>
>>36625758
>and most statistics will verify my point.
Why do you believe in statistics, though? Never had a statistics class? They'll teach you pretty quickly that you can "prove" anything with statistics.
>>
LOL at vegans getting BTFO
>>
>>36627007
No pic or timestamp. I'm at work.

>>36627000
Typical day

Breakfast:
>150 g mackerel
>salad or steamed root vegetables
>nuts
>green tea

Lunch:
>shake with 400 g berries, 200 g cultured milk, tons of spinach or other green veg, psyllium, flax seeds.

Dinner:
>lentils and/or beans, and vegetables
>guacamole or kimchi

Snack:
fruit
>>
>>36627077
lol. yep. what a pathetic diet. At least you were honest. And no wonder there is no timestamp. a diet this tiny will produce a tiny physique.

Thanks for bullshitting me for 2 comments. If that made you feel accomplished or something, idk.
>>
>>36627100
>A pathetic diet
How? It fits my TDEE, fits my macros and is healthy. I already told you my TDEE was lower than yours. Your only argument is "hurr durr not enough calories" which means you can't defend it being unhealthy. Vegan BTFO.
>>
>>36626839
I hear where you're coming from anon, you have opinions on eating meat and you made a personal choice not to do it and that's totally cool.

I have beliefs too, and choose to eat meat based on them because they neither forbid or encourage it. The choice is up to me and I'm grateful that I can make it, but I appreciate that i can make the choice and would only change if I was forced to by eating meat becoming out of reach or completely unsustainable.

I'm gonna go hang out with my lady and get some eats anon, it's been nice trading bantz and chatting with you.
>>
>>36627119
you lost all credibility the moment you posted your little boy diet. repeating 'VEGANS BTFO' won't do your argument any good. You've shot yourself in the foot, squirt.
>>
>>36627148
Kek. You're a sad little troll, aren't you.
>>
I'm not gay
>>
Serious question.
These threads asking about veganism, or worse sucking on durian riders cock, always seem to show up while I'm asleep. There's 4 of them active right now, two identical "why aren't you vegan yet".

Are the vegan posters Australian?
It would make a lot of sense considering the quality of posts.
>>
>>36627255
I'm vegan and even I think that these threads are annoying af. If it were different, like 'hey what do you /fit/ vegans eat?' then that would be fine because it is specifically targeting people who are already vegan. "why are you not vegan?" threads are trying to convert other people and as much as I would like for other people to go vegan, this is not the way to do it. Being annoying af isn't going to change someone's mind, it's just going to push them away.
>>
File: 8db.png (54 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
8db.png
54 KB, 919x737
>>36627255
We, as a country, take no responsibility as a country for these shitposts.
Forensic analysis by our top experts suggest that these posts show signs of high level shitposting that not even our citizens are capable of.
>>
>>36626497
>>>/b/
>>
>>36627272
Animal suffering is more important that the minor inconveniences of an anime image board.
>>
>>36627314
You're saying that it's important for animals to suffer?
Are you some kind of psychopath anon?
>>
>>36627272
Not a vegan, and that's how I feel about it too.
Sure, a thread that says "I'm a vegan, what do you reccomend for b12" is going to have some people post "meat", but that's better than the shitposting that currently goes on in vegan threads, and doesn't make vegans all seem like rabid cultists trying to covert people.

Of course that's not going to happen, because real men (even the vegan ones) don't need a faggy support group for their lifestyle choices, so the only ones who are going to be making the threads are the retards who want to justify themselves.
>>
>>36627314
How many people on /fit/ can you honestly say that you've converted? If you hadn't noticed, they aren't exactly accepting of the message and the vast majority of them think that vegans are weak faggots. Making threads like this isn't going to change someone's mind.
>>
>>36627337
I have made exactly one thread about a month ago that asked specifically about what other vegans diets were like and their workout plans, and it went about as well as this one so I just stopped posting about it. Now, if I see a vegan thread, I'll comment on it, but I'm not going to be making them myself.
>>
Because turkey is so CHEEEEEAP
>>
>>36627362
Good, it's more of a reddit thing as they have their own board for it.
You'd be better off there anon.
>>
>>36627377
I like 4chan though, it's not as censored. I stopped going to reddit as soon as they banned fatpeoplehate. They've gone so PC, it's sickening.
>>
>>36624672
Sleep tight trump
>>
>>36624643
i'm not a retard, and captcha know what's up
>>
>>36625328
>Doing a lot more for the environment than vegan hambeasts
Are you unaware that animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change? No need to spread misinformation anon.
>>
>>36625448
wow, i'm completely blow away, no more veganism for me, because my arguments just got destroyed.

jesus fucking christ, meat addicts are retarded.
>>
>>36628563
>are you unaware that RUMINANT agriculture is one of the LESSER BUT STILL SIGNIFICANT causes of climate change?
There, I fixed that for you. For fucks sake.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.