[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will vaping kill my gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: vaping.jpg (23 KB, 660x439) Image search: [Google]
vaping.jpg
23 KB, 660x439
Will vaping kill my gains?
>>
>>36623334
No but is making you a faggot
>>
>>36623334
do you have gauge earrings and/or a longboard?
>>
>>36623343
How?

>>36623355
No piercings and I don't skateboard. I do like taking the canoe out on the lake though.
>>
Vaping is my secret shame, no one knows I do it
>>
>>36623334
Do you love ducking dick?
>>
>>36623334
Doubt it but it will give you popcorn lung so death is possible
>>
>>36623395
thats only if the juice contains diacetyl and most of them dont nowadays
>>
>>36623334
We get it you vape
>>
Ive vaped for around a year. Went from over a pack a day for 5 years to nothing overnight. I no longer cough or get out of breath running. Definitely improved lung health.

However
>vaping dehydrates you
>skin goes dry. I got dandruff
>worse for taste buds than smoking
>still impacts sense of smell
>I got alopecia a month after starting vaping (luckily not my head). Could be coincidence though as it runs in my family

Planning to quit vaping
>>
>>36623395
Not a single report of this ever. Stop reading buzzfeed brah
>>
Reserve it for a cut , appetie supresssnt
>>
Im thinking of vaping as well. Im at about half a pack a day but everyone i know that switched over still smokes cugarettes
>>
>>36623343

>smoke since 18
>work my way up to a pack a day
>costing me a fortune, makes me stink, makes me cough up nasty shit every morning
>finally had enough, time to quit
>brutal nicotine cravings distract me and turn me into a grumpy piece of shit
>buy a vape to curb cravings
>get called a faggot on a mongolian knick-knack peddler's forum

CAN'T FUCKING WIN
>>
>>36624751

How are you somehow not a faggot in this situation? Rather than just deal with the cravings until they went away, you used a crutch

And now rather than smoking cigs you're just addicted to something else that could be doing pretty much anything to your lungs
>>
>>36624800

You're sure blowing a lot of smoke for someone who obviously never has.
>>
>>36624821

I smoked for 12 years

Enjoy being the pilot study for the long-term effects of your mouth-fedora
>>
No op it, wont. Even if people think it's gay I love the smooth buzz from vaping, cigarettes are too much makes me sick. Also it's fun to pretend I'm a choo choo train. People who don't like vaping only ever hit shitty vaped with 12/18mg nicotine
>>
>>36624821
>>36624852

fucking rekt mouth fedora LOL
>>
>>36624852
hahaha mouth fedora why didn't I think of this
>>
File: 1457900966874.png (82 KB, 450x321) Image search: [Google]
1457900966874.png
82 KB, 450x321
>>36624852

I wish I was a strong willed and cool as you

>>36624912
>>36624930
W E W L A D
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>36623334
No but it's killing your sex life that's for sure.
>>
>>36624751
>buy a vape to curb cravings
So if i'm addicted to alcohol and I quit drinking have I still "quit" id I only drink light beer?
Vaping still has nicotine in it retard. You're only prolonging your pain by introducing the addictive substance back into your body in small doses. Trust me I know I'm 1 year nicotine free.
>>
File: image.jpg (261 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261 KB, 1000x500
No, chase those clouds #vapenation
>>
If you have to smoke or drink anything to be happy or function normally you're degenerate. Do us a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>36625012
That's what irritated me by most vapors

>chain smoke cigarettes
>start caping
>"OMG HAVENT HAD A CIGARETTE IN A WEEK"

like wtf. First off you haven't gotten rid of the real issue at hand which is your addiction. Trading one addiction for another don't mean shit. Like a meth user quitting and doing adderall or a heroin user quitting and popping opiate pills
>>
File: 123311234a.jpg (216 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
123311234a.jpg
216 KB, 590x322
>>36625725
i cringed
>>
>>36625789
Nicotine isn't what kills most people in cigarettes. The real issue is that the cigarettes are slowly killing you with carcinogens. The addiction is still there, but most of the extra shit cigs pack in aren't. Vaping has it's own issues, but as it stands now it's a much healthier alternative unless some crazy studies pop up in the future.
>>
File: 082.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
082.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Smoking while pregnant alters the genes of the foetus.

I'm instructing my fiancee to quit smoking completely (she has 1-2 a day). She has to have had 0 cigarettes for 2 years before I will get her pregnant.
>>
It cures cancer, hence it's all good brah
#vapenatioon
>>
>>36625012
>Vaping still has nicotine in it retard
Well no shit, but you can control the nicotine level.
One pack of smokes has 24mls of nicotine per the entire package, more than half of it is filtered out via your lungs.
You have a 50ml bottle of vape juice, with 10mls of nicotine, the bottle takes you a week to go through the whole thing. You will filter more than half of it out via your lungs. That's 0.7mls of nicotine a day.
A drastic drop in the amount of nicotine in your lungs, which is more than enough to cut the habit.
You can drop another 1 ml every week, it's more effective than using a nicotine patch, it's withdrawal symptoms are far less than cold turkey or nicotine patch.

After you drop to 2 mls there is such little amount of nicotine in your blood, you can quit all together and have no negative side effects.
Not a headache, nothing.

The only thing left to quit is the habitual aspect of smoking. Which is actually the leading cause of relapse, not the nicotine.
People are habitual creatures.

>citation
I used vaping to quit, did it within a month time frame, gave the vape back to my friend i borrowed it from. Am now clean 6 months.

Don't fucking diss what is a legitimate curbing for smoking.
>>
>>36625789
>like wtf. First off you haven't gotten rid of the real issue at hand which is your addiction. Trading one addiction for another don't mean shit. Like a meth user quitting and doing adderall or a heroin user quitting and popping opiate pills

That's actually what they do to cure meth addicts.
Give you another addiction, with a higher chance of curing the addiction and less relapse.
Meth users usually get methadone, synthesized heroin. After a two month detox they ween you off of it.
Methadone is a lot easier to quit.
>>
>>36625789
>>36625012
Nicotine isn't the culprit, vaping or gum/patches mind you are valid risk reducing paths. If you can acquire it without smoke you more or less acquire it without consequences. Nicotine standalone is not different than caffeine unless you have some straight edge complex there is no place to not be open to it.

https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/50-hits-of-nicotine
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.