[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/, I've got a question for you. These are my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Alright /fit/, I've got a question for you.

These are my goals.

At minimum, I wish to:
I wish to hit a Bpress of 3*6 @ 225
Squat 3*6 @ 315
OHP 3x6 @ 145
Deadlift 3x3 @ 405

Also have a run time of 6:30 sustained pace for 5 miles, and a swim speed of 3 mph sustained for 3 miles.

With a height/weight, and BF% of 5"11, 185 pounds, and below 15% bodyfat.

Due to work requirements, I am assuming 2500-300 calories using Katch-McArdle formula, with focus on Proteins and minimal fats.

The end result is I hope to look like pic related

The routine I have developed follows:

ACBxCAx
BCAxCBx
Where A is

Squat
Bench Press
OHP
Calf Raises
Shoulder shrugs
Tricep Extensions

And B is

Weighted Pull-ups
Deadlifts
Bicep Curls
Bent over Rows
Forearm curls

X is 30min-1 hour of cardio (Running, swimming, or Biking).

Questions:
1.) are my goals and pic related Achieveable with the current program?
2.) where do I need to rebalance in order to achieve my goals?
3.) Does Cardio kill gains? Am i going to waste time pursuing multiple cardio and strength related goals?
4.) any other assistance exercises I should add?
5.) how long should rest times be? I would rather focus more on endurance and overall strength rather than be a strength purist.
6.) At most, I will get approximately 4 hours of sleep a day (I work two jobs which take up 80+ hours a week).
>>
>>36623173

It should be around 4-6 hours of sleep a day, Inconsistent (approx 4-5 hours of sleep then 30 min in two other breaks).

I was working three jobs (100+ hours a week) and trying to maintain physical fitness standards described above, but with only 4 hours of sleep a day I only managed to get

a BP of 215 for 3x6
OHP 135 36
Squat 285 3x6
and deadlift of 375 3x3

With a run time of 36 for 5 mile on average.

I only stopped because of mental strain and lack of progress toward my goals.

So fit, any advice?
>>
>>36623173 (OP)
1) Your routine is retarded, follow a proven routine not some shit you through together while looking at what muscles random exorcises work. You don't even mention progression. You don't even mention what you currently lift so I'm going to assume you don't.
2) Follow a proven routine, then follow the next one for your level of progression
3) Cardio won't hurt you if you do light cardio on off days and after lifting. Why don't you just focus on strength if you want to be strong
4) No you fucking faggot. Your routine doesn't need 12348712983712 assistance exercises. You want to squat big, squat. You want to bench big, bench.
5) Follow a routine and it'll show you
6) lol and everything I just typed was a waste. Why don't you focus on getting your life together, then find a hobby.
>>
>>36623259
Fucking formatting
>>
>>36623259

alright, then what routines should I follow?

And how much sleep do I need per day when I follow the routine?

And warm-ups, (would bodyweight exercises be enough, or bodyweight them moving up in 25% increments toward my working weight)?
>>
>>36623294
READ THE STICKY
>>
>>36623173

That's Eugene Sandow - you're not going look like him unless you dedicate a decade to the pursuit of physical perfection. Looking like him is a matter of fitting your body into the Greek ideal ratio.

Your routine is bad for what you're trying to achieve. Because you're on some kind of polyphasic sleep schedule your recovery time is limited. I recommend Candito's Linear Strength/Control program.

Two days a week you focus on lifting heavy, two days a week you focus on accessory exercises specifically suited to the purposes of form/lifting heavier.

Rest as long as you need to give the next set 100% - why half ass it?
>>
>>36623354

>Canditio's Linear Strength/ Control program.

With a brief overview,it seems like I would favor Strength/Power (for explosiveness sake).

But what I am also interested is if by following this program it would help me in my endurance goals (swimming and running).

Can I add some cardio/Cardio supplementation to improve run times?
>>
>>36623399
Sure, and don't be surprised when your shit tier recover is even more hampered. You have zero focus.
>>
>>36623173
lol that babydick
>>
>>36623428

I had hoped that wasn't the answer.

Thanks for your help anon. I'll use Candito's program and hold off on cardio until my work/life situation improves (if I choose cardio at all after what you have said).
>>
>>36623399

>Can I add some cardio/Cardio supplementation to improve run times?

Of course. In your case I would limit swimming for now and focus on running simply because swimming burns more calories.

If your gym has a pool, finish up your lifting sessions with 10 minutes of swim drills - the cardio here will actually help you build gains by keeping your heart rate elevated - delivering more blood to your inflamed muscle tissue.

Start by running a mile for time on off days. Build up to 2 miles for time, 3 miles, etc.
>>
>>36623466

So it's possible to work on cardio after a lifting session, say 2-3 miles, wouldn't hamper myself too much?

I am still capable of running 5 miles (i stopped working out about 3 months ago because of work).

But thank you anon. I had assumed you posted here >>36623428.

I'll take your advice to heart. Godspeed anon.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.