[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Headphones that don't suck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15
/fit/ bros, what headphones do you use while running/lifting? All the ones I've tried suck and fall out all of the time, it's distracting and annoying. $100 budget, I'm not looking for amazing quality sound, just something that won't always fall out.
>>
>>36622474
Well fuck, I would have said Sennheiser Momentum if you wanted excellent sound, but can't guarantee the not falling out part. Your pic related has that foam that does stick to your ear, but the sound quality is shit. They will probably not fall out though since they go around the ear too.
>>
>>36622495
picture was literally just an imagine from when I googled "headphones". Disregard them
>>
I use the JBL reflective mini bluetooth headphones, the sound not that great but they wont fall out, battery last like 5~6 days.
>>
Yurbuds. They put a rubber sleeve around the earbud that lightly molds to and holds the bud inside of your inner ear. They have a few models, but the $20 pair I bought lasted me a year before it quit.
>>
File: 1427571179952.jpg (67 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1427571179952.jpg
67 KB, 520x520
>I listen to music while im lifting
>>
Honestly, save up abit and buy the bose SIE. Sound quality is 8/10 whatever but they Stay In the Ear and are not uncomfortable if you start sweating. Where i live they are roughly 175 Dollars, but Electronics tend to be abit cheaper In the US than here whenever i visit the States
>>
>>36622626
...do you not? It helps keep your focus, and makes it clear to the socialites who hang around in the gym that you're not interested in chatting between every set.
>>
bought these and now im in love. They stay in place while lifting/running have a long battery life and have good quality sound.
>>
Meeelectronics has some that are 15 that wrap around the ear. Or you could buy some < 30 Bluetooth headphones if it's just fit running and gym
>>
File: wow-6822.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
wow-6822.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
Got these recently because I've only had bad experiences with Bluetooth. They were about $60. I use them while I run. They don't fall out and I have ran in pouring rain twice with them and they did not get damaged. They're also reflective which is good for running at night. Sound quality is pretty good but not the best in the world. They're super durable though.
>>
File: jaybird-bluebuds-x-review.jpg (103 KB, 945x528) Image search: [Google]
jaybird-bluebuds-x-review.jpg
103 KB, 945x528
>>36622474
i had a pair of small seinheisser earphones, lasted a while until they broke, went through another 2 pairs until i finally bought a pair of "running" earphones. Fucking pieces of shit and then finally decided to stop dicking around and put the money down on a good pair.

Bought pic related, wireless earphones. Wish i had stopped being a little bitch trying to save money and gotten them in the first place, all the other earphones i bought adds up to more than this pair. A good lesson in life, fork out once instead of bleeding out slowly for years.

Good earphones, battery will last about 2.5 workouts, if you throw them on charge after the gym youll never have issues anyway, about 3hrs of battery.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
Big fan of these. They're relatively cheap considering that they're sound quality is okay and they never get uncomfortable.
>>
>>36622495
Actually own these, they have 1 dynamic driver each, but these are basically IEM's, work great tho, really closes of the sound, but thats mostly from the foam tips. response is supposed to be verry balanced or something. Also replacable cables
>>
>>36623773
Bought these a week ago and after wearing them to the gym i love them more than anything. Wearing them right now.
>>
>>36622626
> what are podcasts?
>>
>>36623979
umaar
>>
>>36622626
wut
>>
look up livv headphones
>>
The right ear on my headphones just did that thing where it plays at like 10% of the volume.

Please give me a suggestion for headphones that don't break within 3 months.
>>
>>36622474
I've got a pair of skullcandy chops (http://www.skullcandy.com/earbuds/CHOPSBUD.html?cgid=1230&color=Teal%2FAcid&skdy_mic=None#TpHTHh34qKQutFiR.97)
that are about 3+ years old now.
Pros:
Sound good, clear and loud
Hook over the ears
Can still hear outside sounds when running
20 bucks
Durable

Cons:
The right bud, since last summer, channels sweat into my ear
>>
>>36622474
I use the ones you posted, they are pretty based you wont be able to hear anything while they are in and will never fall out. Also being able to just buy a new cable if the current one wears out is a good benefit.
>>
>>36625303
name pls
>>
>>36623893

I use the A151. Great quality, sound and build wise, for its price.
>>
i have the se215 limited editions and they're solid

if you've never had a real iem be wary because they block out basically all sound. they definitely won't fall out though since they mount over the ear and fit inside very well

jaybird bluebirds are a good wireless option. not as good sound wise but geared towards working out and they come with a nice hard case. they don't block as much sound and know that the version 1 and version 2 are exactly the same, just buy the cheapest one. version 2 has a shitter case
>>
>>36622474
I have those OP, quality is pretty amazing, they seal your ears from pretty much any background noise and they work since 2 years, only problem is when you run or walk the connection (the buds are removable) will click at some point, it also depends on the way you wear them but I can recommend them
>>
jaybird bluebuds x. they're practically the same as the x2 but i got them for 40% cheaper
>>
>>36625329
Shure 215 just Google it stupid
>>
>>36622474
xiaomi piston 3's

i destroy my headphones constantly, so getting a $30 set that are on parity with $80 ones is the way to go for me
>>
Headphone?
>papercup to chest
>listen to strong heart
>Work to song of chest
>Do not need headphone
>You are weak to not listen to beat of chest
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (48 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
48 KB, 479x720
>>36623727
>you're not interested in chatting between every set
>>
>>36622474

Dude I have used the Shure SE215's for years and years and they never ever fail. They always stick in firmly. I can jog 15 km and they never need adjustment. They're god-tier. Get them. Best $100 you'll spend. (They also sound amazing, too - total sound isolation with those foam tips. People could throw grenades at you but you won't hear it.)
>>
>>36626536

Mine never click or make odd sounds when moving. I run a lot and they've always sounded perfect.
>>
>>36622474
just don´t get in-ears. and if you do get custom earpieces. pretty expensive tho.

get overears. pic related it´s the ones i use
>>
Senheiser HD-25's. Industry standard for the past 20 years. Don't listen to any of these other plebs.
>>
>>36627665
Call me a beta but i dont want to look like a fucking tool at the gym with headphones
>>
>>36627716
why the hell would you look like a tool just because you wear headphone jesus christ dude grow some balls
>>
>>36622474
Generic iphone earpods do the trick. They don't fall out while running.
>>
hi-fi man re-400's. done.
>>
>>36627665
headphones while running? seems like you'd have a problem with them staying on
>>
>>36629568
Not that guy but I run with over ear headphones similar to that (mine are wireless) and have no problems. I usually run around 8km (5 miles I guess?) in 40 minutes. So I'm not gunning it but I'm not crawling either. The running is trail running, on mixed terrain but nothing crazy strenuous. I guess I have a smooth gait.
>>
File: ants.jpg (78 KB, 1500x959) Image search: [Google]
ants.jpg
78 KB, 1500x959
>>36627665
Don't work for me at all, I sweat like a cunt.

I bought a pair of BlueAnt Pump HD for £40 (s/h)
Pro's:
Stay in the ear with no problem
Multiple bud sizes
Decent battery life
Very water resistant (as above I sweat like a cunt)

Con's:
Lack much volume
Depth of sound not that great.

I'll probably replace them with Jaybirds someday.
>>
>>36622598
I have those and they fall out after ten steps while running.
>>
>>36622474
I'm gonna leave this for the man on a budget - http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Headphones-RP-HJE120-A-Ergonomic-Comfort-Fit/dp/B003EM6AOG?ie=UTF8&keywords=panasonic%20headphones&qid=1459697416&ref_=sr_1_2&s=electronics&sr=1-2

Between the color variations, you can almost always find one color running under 6 bucks and sometimes they'll dip below 5 bucks. The sound is pretty fucking good for 5-6 buck headphones, the fit is really nice nice, and they don't fall out.
>>
>>36622474
I have a pair of plantronics fit headphones. As far as exercise goes, you can't beat wireless headphones and these are great, although Bluetooth apparently has negative affects on the body so I try to limit how long I wear them.
>>
>>36623954
These. Jaybird x2. They are great. I wear them at work and at the gym. Good batter life. Fit well. Amazing sound.
>>
Have you tried the lg ones that sit on your neck. Those worked for me.
>>
>>36623954
have the same headphones they are great and pretty cheap off ebay right now since there's a newer model out now, would recommend.
>>
skullcandy headphones have always worked well for me
>>
File: 31-nuw-iqAL._SX425_.jpg (8 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
31-nuw-iqAL._SX425_.jpg
8 KB, 425x319
>>36622474

If you're looking for a solid pair of cheap headphones, these are the best I've found. I have some nice Sennheisers and was gifted a $75 pair of in ear ones similar to these before, and these are not that bad comparatively. Decent noise cancelling and I've never had a problem with them falling out.

If you're on a budget or just want a good backup pair that you don't have to be super careful with these are the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Headphones-RP-HJE120-K-Ergonomic-Comfort-Fit/dp/B003EM8008?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
>>
>>36633945
I have these, and they might be fine for the gym but i find them pretty uncomfortable if you want to lie on your side. Pretty stupid shape desu.
>>
File: 31nASsPKkFL._SY355_.jpg (6 KB, 188x355) Image search: [Google]
31nASsPKkFL._SY355_.jpg
6 KB, 188x355
I use Audio Technica eq300m headphones. They're pretty comfy and the sound quality is good. [spoiler]I got them because of persona 3. I know, I'm cancer[/spoiler]
>>
>>36633990

I guess I don't spend much time lying on my side while using them, but now that I think of it that is true.

For $7 I will take that problem though
>>
>>36622598

Seconded-- these stay in really well for me and have decent sound.

Downsides, they hurt for a few days until you're used to them and the cable seems inordinately thick and "grippy--" it catches on everything.
>>
File: motorola-s10HD-red-down-sm.jpg (7 KB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
motorola-s10HD-red-down-sm.jpg
7 KB, 300x242
These, my first pair lasted like 3 or 4 years of near daily running before they died. Bought a second pair and they are still going strong, they are wireless so they wont fall out when you move, sweat proof and sound really good. All of the controls you need are on either side of the earbuds so you dont even have to touch your phone or whatever to play/pause/skip and volume up and down. I literally cannot pick any faults with them, they are just really good wireless earbuds. I dont remember how much they cost but i dont think its more than 100 or if it is its not much more.
>>
>>36623979
these broke in 3 weeks for me. And all i did was wear them on the bus to and from work
>>
I like the kind that hook over the ears like these Sony ones. I liked the previous version even better but these work fine.
>>
Absolute best value I have found is Xiaomi in ears. Had the 2s and the hybrids (the latter being better isolating and with better sound quality. I like them as much as my old Shure 215s and they cost less than half the price.
>>
>>36622474
I use these. Ok sound and stay on ears. They do the job and the battery lasts 10-11 hours or all week so I don't have to worry about charging them all the time.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.