[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was 260 pounds, I'm down to 180 now after 7 months. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
I was 260 pounds, I'm down to 180 now after 7 months. I'm really proud of it... but I am fucking CRAVING sugary drinks.

The majority of the weight loss has been from cutting out all soda completely and running twice a day.

I get the absolute worst cravings for drinks like raspberry frozen lemonades, fruit punch, soda, etc.

Is there any kind of tasty drink that has really low calories I can use as a treat?
>>
>>36621934
>Diet _________
>>
>>36621934
Zero calorie soda/zero calorie energy drinks.
>>
I live in Romania and i drink cola mb once every few months.
Fuck off.
>>
>>36621934

Make it yourself, brah.

Half a cup of frozen raspberries, quarter cup of lemon juice, a tablespoon of honey/maple syrup, a pinch of salt, and however much ice you want in a blender. You're looking at 80 calories there.
>>
>>36621934
Diet soda, crystal light, diet (the 5 calorie kind, not the 50 calorie light kind) ocean spray juices.

Are you just trying to trigger those anti-diet soda nuts?
>>
1 cup nofat greek yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
6oz blueberries/strawberries/whatever fruit
some vanilla flavoring
270 calories
28g protein
fuckin nummy

Also tea is the shit.
>>
>>36621995
Thanks! It's acutally a question that I was being serious about - but I actually did think diet soda was awful for you.
>>
Don't fucking do it, op. Sugar is addicting as fuck. Once you let down your guard and eat bad shit occasionally, its only a matter of time til you fuck yourself over.
>>
>>36622004

>Peters et al. found that the NNS [non-nutrative sweetener] group experienced greater weight loss during the 12 weeks of active weight loss, as well as more pronounced reductions in waist circumference, blood pressure, cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides, even if the control group consumed plain water group

>In the follow up paper, Peters et al. (2015) now report that the 158 male and female subjects in the NNS group did also have an easier time maintaining their weight loss than their 150 peers in the water only group

4chan won't let me post the link
>>
>>36622149
why tho?
>>
File: max_taste_logo.png (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
max_taste_logo.png
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>36621934
>Is there any kind of tasty drink that has really low calories I can use as a treat?

Yup, pic related.
>>
What the fuck. Everyone always told me when I bought diet or zero cal soft drinks it was even worse than regular. holy fuck im a mong and so are they. thanks guys
>>
>>36622363
>listening to /fit/ advice
keked hard
>>
>>36622363
Obviously they have zero calrories and aren't going to fuck a diet by themselves. But for me, they made sugar cravings a hell of a lot worse.
Granted I was drinking 1/2 liters a day of diet pop, but swapping 1/2 cans a week and a whole lot of tea, sugar cravings have pretty much disappeared.
Everything in moderation. Except chicken breast, fuck yeah chicken breast.
>>
File: Torani-Sugar-Free-Syrups.jpg (163 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
Torani-Sugar-Free-Syrups.jpg
163 KB, 640x496
>>36621934
Add fizzy water.
>>
>>36622363
The only real issue is you're still addicted to sweet drinks and diet soda can activate an insulin response even though you're not taking in calories. Carbonated drinks can expand your stomach and increase your appetite. I would just stay away from the sweet drinks, if you have the will power to lose 100Lbs in 7 months it'll be easier to just avoid the sugary shit or have a can of real pop once a week
>>
>>36621934
First step to treating addiction is admitting you have a problem. Good job Anon, you will make it.
>>
>>36622798
these look tasty
>>
>>36622363
The issue isn't in the diet drinks themselves.
Its in the continued addiction to sweet things.
You keep drinking sweet drinks so you keep craving sweet foods, and then you go and get a little snack, which actually ends up being half your daily calories.
>>
>>36621934
Keep it up anon. I'm the same way with sugar and I relapse kind of regularly.

Don't get mad at yourself for it. Just keep your goals in mind.

What helps me is lots of water (keep crystal light handy for when it gets boring) and eating more fruit and veg.

I try to stay away from energy drinks b/c for me most of the time it adds to the cravings.

Other times I get what I want, say a shake, and keep it small. If I finish it it's not too much, sometimes I have half and throw out the rest.
>>
I buy a 12 pack of sparkling water beverages from the grocery store. I'm drinking one now:
>mixed berry (but comes in other flavors)
>0 calories
>0 fat
>15mg sodium
>0 carbs
> 0 protein
other than the sodium, shit is pretty cash.
>>
>>36621934
Make fruit smoothies nigga
>>
So you lost 10 pounds a month?

Probably not, no.
>>
>>36622217
Because n = 24
>>
File: 1457827196044.jpg (21 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
1457827196044.jpg
21 KB, 628x676
>>36621997
damn baby that sounds like a dank recipe
>>
>>36625936
you can tell there's over 300 participants just from the quote
>>
Honestly, tea or coffee with sugar in isn't that bad. Most sugary drinks have the equivalent of many many teaspoons of sugar. A tea with sugar is about 25-40 calories compared to a can of coke that has like 200.

Congratulations, remember that exercise is never a substitute for a poor diet. When you get older and can't exercise a poor diet will cause you to get fatter and fatter. You have years to become disciplined and to learn to enjoy healthier foods, use that time. Proud of you.
>>
Tea.
t. Teaboo
>>
>>36621997

>28g protein

28g protein of what? Like protein powder? Pls respond
>>
>>36630065
One of those four ingredients has a good amount of protein. You seem smart. I'll let you figure it out.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.