[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think of the 'Bikini Body Guide' f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
What does /fit/ think of the 'Bikini Body Guide' for women?

Lifting is of course the best way to go if you want to cut bodyfat while retaining/gaining lean mass (I've read the FAQ, and my diet is pretty solid), but would the bbg give quicker results?

Basically my weight is fine, but I'm skinnyfat. My stomach is pretty flat and I have a good waist/hip ratio, but it's very soft. I want nice stomach for going on holiday (basically more definition) in about 1.5 months. I want to do lifting long-term, but is the whole bbg thing a better idea in the short term? If it'll do basically the same thing, then I don't see the point in wasting the much longer workout time it takes to complete the bbg exercises as opposed ot a full weight circuit.

BBG is here: http://www.noholita.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/KI-Bikini-Body-Training-Guide.pdf

I look like a slightly thinner version of the girl on the left, would like a tummy like or slightly more 'defined' than the one on the right. It's basically SS vs BBG for me and I'm limited on time so can only really do one. Thanks fitfam
>>
This is a troll thread 6/10
>>
Literally eat less. That's it. Poof.
>>
>>36620533
well you'll primarily want a good ass and posture when you're at the beach, that's at least what i find sexy as fuark. you look at yourself from the front in the mirror and think "my tummy could be more defined" but miss that your ass is horribly out of shape.

i'd recommend that you'd do the starting ass routine, it floats around on fit from time to time. it's strength based and will give you a good body

the "restistance" exercises in the bbg are only really restistance if you ad weight to them. for that you want to go to a gym, and if you already have a gym membership you better start the real thing which is strength training. I don't find the HIIT and LISS stuff of the BBG bad, add them to your routine.

strength training is an extremely efficient way to shape your body if you do it right. The BBG shit doesn't really make a big difference in your appearance
>>
>>36620690
It's actually legitimately not which is probably the saddest part of it.
>>
>>36620533
>get thin
>improve posture
That's literally all
>>
>>36620722
Eating less+cardio has made me smaller but it hasn't made me any more defined which is more what I'm looking for.

>>36620772
Yes I'm asking on the 'getting thin' part. I'm pretty slim already, I'm just very soft. The problem isn't really my weight (for me at least). I have a 24inch waist compared to 35inches at my hips, I just don't want to be so 'soft'.

>>36620757
I'm actually really happy with my ass and posture (I used to dance a lot) so my focus is really on my stomach. I'll do squats anyway for the lift but it's not my focus (hence why I figured strongcurves wouldn't be my thing).

So you would say to do SS with the HIIT (and possibly the LISS) elements of BBG? Thank you for actually helping me out here.
>>
>>36620821
here's lauras routine before she abandoned us
>>
>>36620821
squats aren't exactly the best ass exercises.

if you want to have it your way do SS+HIIT and add in core exercises.
>>
>>36621049
Thanks! This is very helpful. Do you have a photo of her by any chance so I know if I should alter anything (to achieve the physique I want)? Also, how long do you think it would all take for each day?

I'm assuming I just need ot use barbells/dumb-bells for these as my gym doesn't have resistance bands. Should I follow the SS style of weight progression with those or something different? I am very much a noob when it comes to understanding the weight progressions
>>
>>36621072

I'm sorry if I seem rude, I'm just tyring to put something together so I can start soon. For glute exercises, would these https://www.t-nation.com/training/dispelling-the-glute-myth be better to follow then? I'm just not super focused on my butt is all so I don't mind doing these exercises I could do at home before/after work but what gym time I have I'd prefer not to take anyway from what would improve me overall as opposed to just my bum.
>>
File: 1445553995361.jpg (648 KB, 2045x1533) Image search: [Google]
1445553995361.jpg
648 KB, 2045x1533
>>36621078
pic related

>>36621103
yep those are good. i don't want to hold you off from doing squats, they are godlike for strong juicy legs. throw in those butt and core exercises with SS and you'll be good
>>
>>36621161

Butt+core from her routine or from the ones I linked? Just so I don't mess up!! :)

I'll definitely keep the squats for nice legs - will probably come in useful when I eventually get back into dance again.

I'll stick to whichever butt/core you reccomended with SS and HIIT, maybe with some of the LIIS stuff too. Hopefully when I get more time and am strong enough I'll get Laura's full routine down :)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.