[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to get this level of flexibility if you haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: x8fDngYN6AY.jpg (82 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
x8fDngYN6AY.jpg
82 KB, 604x604
Is it possible to get this level of flexibility if you haven't been doing gymnastics or some shit your whole life?
>>
>>36619092
Yes just stretch consistently, record progress to keep you going.
>>
>>36619092
no, absolutely every aspect of human body has been predefined genetically and there is no known way of changing or improving anything
>>
>>36619103
>yes I can get the flexibility of someone who has been training since childhood despite the fact that I am mid 20's and only exercise 3 times a week. Should be no trouble at all to be as flexible as Klokov.
>>
File: klokov.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
klokov.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>
>>36619103

How the fuck do you record stretching progress you big gay faggot

Also, according to several Physiologists that I've seen, including the board certified physical therapist in my apartment complex, it's common for a lot of people to be physically incapable of reaching this level of flexibility/mobility
>>
>>36619103
>Tracking progress on flexibility

How's that autism treating ya?
>>
>>36619092
>this is considered "flexible "
He's not even able to do splits, come one. How inflexible are you? This looks like basic stuff any non fatass should be able to handle. Are you a fatty cakes opie? Lose weight first
>>
>>36619092
How often should I stretch and how long? I do about 5 minutes worth on rest days focusing on my legs for flexibility so I can get higher kicks in TKD (starting out with that)
>>
>>36619195
180cm/70kg

What the fuck does weight have to do with flexibility?
>>
>>36619220
If you're fat, there's physically mass in the way. If your legs are fat, you can't do splits evenly because fat in.the way. If you have a gut, you can't even lay flush with the ground. Fat takes up space and gets in the way, this is nothing new. At least if you were fat, you'd have an excuse
>>
>>36619185
>>36619192

I am not that guy but come on get a little imagination. Flexibility measurements are taken with a fucking ruler.

>sit on floor, with feet flush against wall
>bend, extending arms toward toes
>measure where your fingertips are

I used to be able to put my elbows on the floor, and that was about 10 years ago. It's my goal now, and I am doing it a few cm at a time.

It's also standard to measure and track this flexibility, particularly among dancers, but the gains are far less extreme. Keeping track of it is good business.
>>
>>36619192
>nothing better to do on a Saturday than shitpost
>>
File: squat stretches.jpg (682 KB, 608x4152) Image search: [Google]
squat stretches.jpg
682 KB, 608x4152
OP here. I'm currently doing pic related minus that gay groin wall stretch with a hamstring stretch added.
>>
>>36619486
what's wrong with the groin stretch
>>
>>36619514
I don't have a wall in my room to do it against, so I'd have to leave my room.
>>
It'll sure take some time and patience but is it possible? Sure.

But you have to do specifically lengthening stretching on top of just what one would do after a workout. Do the lengthening stretches on days when you don't do strength training but rather cardio or just a proper warm up.
Muscles are the easy part but you might run into some trouble with your tendons (or sinews? whatever the fuck those are things in English), but even they give in more or less with careful stretching, consistency and time.

>>36619185
>it's common for a lot of people to be physically incapable of reaching this level of flexibility/mobility
While there is some truth to this, in the pic OP posted the guy doesn't show any crazy contortionist level shit. All of it is something most people are capable of, if they just work on it long enough. Not all, but most.
>>
>>36619546
You can do it on the floor. Just make sure you keep your lower back straight.
>>
>>36619092

You realize the range in your pic isn't impressive at all, right? Ffs man, just do them a couple times a day every day, e\breathe through the tension and push it just a little bit more every time. You'll be that "flexible" in two months.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.