[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /fit/izens I used to be fit and lift and run but i had to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1431077974218.png (123 KB, 534x640) Image search: [Google]
1431077974218.png
123 KB, 534x640
Hi /fit/izens

I used to be fit and lift and run but i had to stop for two years because of my studies

Now i want to get back to it but i have a problem with running

About 3-4minutes after i've started to, there's a terrible pain in my two tibias, and it gets to the point I have to stop (in a few minutes)
This is not overtraining and i'm not overweight. I wonder if it's because i lost all my muscles or am I wounded ?

What do fit ?
>>
is it shin splints? There's tonnes of info about that all over the web. Typically it's "run less, build up gradually, and run with proper form, also get good footwear".

You could try brisk walking for a couple weeks, lessens the impact but still has all the pros of running only not as much.
>>
Go to a doctor
>>
File: Brendan_Fraser_s_suffering.gif (1 MB, 250x360) Image search: [Google]
Brendan_Fraser_s_suffering.gif
1 MB, 250x360
>>36619021
>I had to stop being fit because of studies
>>
It's most likely shin splints just ease into it and you should be fine. Also foam rolling helps.
>>
>>36619021
you might have flat feet, go look into orthotics for your feet
>>
>>36620484
I'll look it up and train gradually then
>>36619485
It's a french thing called "classes prépas" and you can't understand if you've never heard about it haha
>>
>>36619021
This video helped me, he talks about utilising your natural shock absorption to reduce injury and improve running efficiency. I noticed when I tried his advice (esp. the running cadence) that the impact I felt on my legs when they were hitting the ground was reduced dramatically and I was able to run faster without any extra effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIDRHUWlVo
>>
>>36621228

Great video, but seriously

>Dr. Mark Cuck-Zilla
>>
>>36621228
>Do not push when the foot is loaded, just load and spring
What did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.