[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wad sugested 2x25 reps on preacher curls by a pt Why is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1459080025456.png (218 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459080025456.png
218 KB, 480x480
I wad sugested 2x25 reps on preacher curls by a pt
Why is that ? Rep range seems way off
>>
Because PT's are fucking useless and should be shot
>>
>>36618615
>by a pt
here's your answer
>>
>>36618615
You could've asked him, you know?
>>
>>36618615
Because accessory muscles respond better to volume, not heavy weight.

That said, 2x25 is retarded. Any weight you can rep 25 times in a single set for any lift is too light.

Do the standard 3x12 or 2x8 dependent if your biceps are getting activity with other compound lifts or not.
>>
Im a girl btw
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 262x263
>pt
SHOO SHOO
>>
>>36618615

>tfw all the PTs in your gym make their clients do retarded bosu ball shit or AMRAP sets at poverty weight

The best part is the PTs are actually strong as fuck and do heavy compounds all the time lel.
>>
>>36618681
cool
>>
>>36618703
They don't want their clients to get gains so they can get their money forever
>>
>ITT: HURR DUUR im professional 4channer i know better then a trained professional PT HURR

Jesus fuck, you can listen to a bunch of dudes who have piss bottles or listen to a PT who suggested this rep scheme because most people dont want to become arnold but want to be aesthehic in which case high reps is the option to go for
>>
>>36618655
>That said, 2x25 is retarded. Any weight you can rep 25 times in a single set for any lift is too light.
This is why /fit/ has weak calves
>>
>>36618822
Good bait
>>
>>36618737
This and compound movements like squat and deadlift are more form-intensive and have more margin for error (and gains) than machine shit.

Also the PT wants to secure their job. All you really need for beginner development is: squat, deadlift, bench press, ohp, barbell row, pull ups. only 6 exercises to learn
>>
>>36618956
Isn't there a massive difference between calves and biceps?

I don't remember using my biceps when I walk around all day
>>
>>36618956
>25 reps
>good for strengthening anything
kek good one m80
>>
>>36619854
Post body
>>
>>36618681
L O N D O N
O O
N N
D D
O O
N N
>>
File: 1451981147174.png (150 KB, 262x451) Image search: [Google]
1451981147174.png
150 KB, 262x451
>>36618615

Tell him "nice meme"

>Serious answer:
There are two main types of muscle fibres: fast twitch muscle fibres and slow twitch muscle fibres.

Fast twitch fibres are stronger, more explosive, and generally have higher potential for growth. However, they don't have much endurance, and can't withstand constant muscular effort for very long. They're used and stimulated by fast exercises, like sprinting, lifting weights (on rep ranges below 20 or so reps), jumping, swimming shorter distances, callisthenics, etc.

Slow twitch fibres are weaker and non-explosive, and generally have less potential for growth, but they have lots of endurance and can withstand hours of non-stop muscular effort. They're used for running, marathons, swimming or bike riding long distances, etc.

For weight training, it's best to focus on stimulating the fast twitch muscle fibres. This means using rep ranges generally below 15 reps (lower rep ranges, 1-3, will stimulate strength and power production, higher rep ranges, 12-15, will stimulate endurance). To know more about rep ranges/hypertrophy/endurance/strength training, check this page http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs/
>>
Could be he was recommending 25 reps total for 2 sets for example: first set 13 reps second set 12 reps.
>>
>>36620147
no. neither has anyone ever in the history of weight training. the fuck
>>
>>36620147

Furthermore, you may notice each sample routine has three columns: exercise, set, and rep goal. The first two columns are self-explanatory, but Rep Goal deserves a definition. The Rep Goal System is a straightforward, no-nonsense, set-maximizing training and progression approach popularized by Steve Shaw’s e-book “Massive Iron: The Rep Goal System.” For example, if the routine prescribes 3 sets with a rep goal of 25, then you should aim to perform 25 TOTAL reps across all 3 sets. Let me repeat, you should NOT try to perform 3 sets of 25. Instead, pick a weight and perform as many quality reps as you can without reaching technical failure. For example, if you perform overhead press with 80lbs for 8, 8, and 7 reps, then you completed 23 total reps. 23 reps is 2 reps shy of the 25 rep goal so next time you overhead press you use the same weight and try for 24 reps. When you perform equal or greater than 25 reps then you increase the weight to 85lbs for the next workout.

Read more at: https://content.tigerfitness.com/best-workout-split-analysis/
>>
>>36620267
2x25 is different from 2 sets, 25 rep goal.

get outta here with that stupid wanna-be-innovative bullshit
>>
>>36618681
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.